The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Helen finishes 3rd???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-06-02, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
"Helen finishes 3rd???"
We may have seen some foreshadowing of a 3rd place finish for Helen last night. First of all, when she spoke of taking out Clay, and Brian was iffy, she said she'd talk to jan and ted and the 3 of them would take out Clay. Why not talk to Jake. My guess is that this was footage AFTER the Jake boot shown out of sequence, and Helen working Brian.

Also, it may have been foreshadowing when Helen's hubby said "Helen didn't come here to finish 3rd, she came here to win". Typical MB editing to have such irony be shown...

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Helen finishes 3rd??? ulalame 12-06-02 1
 RE: Helen finishes 3rd??? Brownroach 12-06-02 2
 RE: Helen finishes 3rd??? bebekid 12-06-02 3
   RE: Helen finishes 3rd??? J Slice 12-09-02 9
 RE: Helen finishes 3rd??? SuperClyde 12-06-02 4
 Snewser's site 12/9/2002 bebekid 12-09-02 5
   RE: Snewser's site 12/9/2002 Bebo 12-09-02 6
       RE: Snewser's site 12/9/2002 bebekid 12-09-02 7
       RE: Snewser's site 12/9/2002 mistofleas 12-09-02 8
           RE: Snewser's site 12/9/2002 frangreg 12-09-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-06-02, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Helen finishes 3rd???"
I totally agree. As soon as I heard her husband make that comment, I became convinced that she placed third to Brian and Clay's final two.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-06-02, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Helen finishes 3rd???"
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-02 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

Cowboyroo, I don't think the Helen/Brian talk was footage from the next episode. She was very gung-ho about the idea of getting rid of Clay on the boat with her husband, and this followed as a natural progression from that conversation.

When she mentioned "flipping" Ted and Jan, I think she meant flipping them away from voting for Jake. That's why she didn't mention Jake there. And she looked sort of disappointed at the end of her conversation with Brian (and also when she was casting her TC vote, IMO).

So I think she really wanted to boot Clay last night, and Brian talked her into sticking with the program.

**Edited to add:

You're right, she COULD have talked to Jake, who I'm sure would have been on board, and then gone to Ted and Jan herself. That's 4 votes, she didn't need Brian's "agreeance".

Just another mistake she made. Brian sure has these people suckered.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-06-02, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Helen finishes 3rd???"
Maybe. The foreshadowing IS something MB likes to do.

I believe TDT's spoiler of Brian/Clay as the final 2. What interests me now is, how are they going to get there?

We have been told that the final IC will be "Indiana Jones-like". That may or may not include an endurance challenge like S1, S3, and S4 had. Unless they have been told otherwise, I think Brian will be anticipating the endurance challenge. I don't think he would want Helen (and to a lesser extent Jan) anywhere near that challenge, since women excell at that challenge. Of course, some would say that Brian has a final 2 pact with Helen, so why not let her win and take him?

I think Brian WANTS Clay next to him in the final vote, so letting Helen get to the final 3 is risky. But can Brian get Helen booted without her getting ticked off at him? If Brian is sitting next to Clay in the finals, he will have Helen's vote.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-02, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Helen finishes 3rd???"
I was just thinking about this...
Hasn't Helen been labelled by Brian as one of the people he'd bring to the final two? Do you think she's really dumb enough to believe that Brian isn't pulling Clay's strings too?

Is Clay dumb enough (well, of course he is) to bring Brian along to the end? He has no chance in hell!

Brian isn't stupid enough to win the last immunity and piss off one of his comrades, so assuming that the final 3 also included Clay and Helen, and Clay won, do you think he'd bring along Brian?...

Of course, we have Colby and Mamakim as shining examples of stupid moves in the F3 powerplay position...

DAMMIT! This season irritates me so!

-=J=-

SuperClyde 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-06-02, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SuperClyde Click to send private message to SuperClyde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Helen finishes 3rd???"
As soon as he said that I turned and said, "Helen finishes third."

It's too bad, too. After Jan, I was hoping for Helen to take it all.

12-09-02, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Snewser's site 12/9/2002"
I did not want to start a new thread on this subject since it does have to do with what place Helen finishes.

Snewser's site currently has this on the spoiler page:

Episode 12: The Tides Are Turning
12/07/02 - Helen: The conclusion will be sweet... "It's under my control."

If you click on the link, it sends you to votedoff.com and says "access denied".

Here is the link to Snewser's spoiler page:

http://www.survivornews.net/snn.php?sid=spoilers

Now, I don't think Helen is Snewser's final pick for the boot this Thursday, but this is curious to me. Why does he have this up?

Personally, I am leaning toward a Helen boot this week. TDT has early boot speculation up, and his picks are either Ted or Helen, leaning toward Helen.

I think Brian is likely to win the game, and there is no doubt that he is in control. He wants Clay with him in the final 2. When he gets wind of Helen's desire to get rid of Clay, that will not bode well for Helen's place in Brian's kingdom. Couple that with Helen being a serious immunity threat, and her spike in face time, and we likely have a fifth place for Helen.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-02, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Snewser's site 12/9/2002"
>12/07/02 - Helen: The conclusion will
>be sweet... "It's under my
>control."
>
>If you click on the link,
>it sends you to votedoff.com
>and says "access denied".

Access is denied unless you have a VotedOff ID. It's for a thread discussing an article on Helen. We're discussing that same article here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3372.shtml

12-09-02, 02:23 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Snewser's site 12/9/2002"
Thanks, Bebo! Glad to see you've thawed out!

I saw the article, and I have to agree that "under my control" means the jury vote. Maybe Helen will give a Sue Hawk speech! If it's Clay and Brian as the final 2, I can see where she might think one is a snake (Brian) and one is a rat (Clay).

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-02, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Snewser's site 12/9/2002"
Ouch! I tried to login to VO and see the discussion over there, but my login and password have been deleted.

Guess the admin's over there don't like me anymore!

*boo hoo*

--really doesn't care, they were a little too psycho for her blood anyway

frangreg 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-09-02, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frangreg Click to send private message to frangreg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Snewser's site 12/9/2002"
Mistofleas:
I have done a cut and paste of the original TDT post on the Voted Off board that talks about the Helen article in the Providence Newspaper. Snewser's reference refers to this post.

If you want to look at the entire string of posts under this topic, here is a way to do it without registering:

Go to www.survivorfever.net
Click on "links"
Then click on "voted off"
This will take you to the voted off homepage without having to sign in. You want to pick the Spoilers and Analysis board. The name of the post everyone is referring to is:
Helen: Projo.com spoiler, future sighting? Anyway, here is what the first post, authored by TDT, says:

Today's Providence Journal has two articles on Helen, only one of which made their online edition. (Projo.com link).

The second one (which contained a photo of Helen and Jim, decked out in traditional pudding stirring garb) contains a small spoiler, and mentions an appearance she'll be making tomorrow, Sunday, December 8th. She'll be stirring plum pudding at the Trinity Church in Newport, RI, from 11:45 am to 1 pm. Here's a link to a Newport Calendar, giving a phone number. Apparently, this is something Helen and Jim do every year.

I won't retype the entire (long) article, since projo.com has a habit of adding articles at random times, so the projo link above may eventually contain a link to the second article. But here's the spoiler part:

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glover: The queen of plum pudding, too
By Richard Salit
Journal Staff Writer
----

It's a few days before last Thursday's episode of Survivor and I've got Middletown's Helen Glover on the phone. With only three episodes left to air, she's one of six remaining contestants competing for $1 million. And Glover is talking.

The finale will be stirring, she promises.

Her recipe for success is guaranteed, she boasts.

The conclusion will be sweet, she vows.

Bottom line, she says, "It's under my control."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It goes on to talk about the plum pudding stuff. But "under my control" strongly suggests that (as we knew) Helen is on the jury. You could even speculate further that the person she votes for is the winner. We shall see.

Added from frangreg (Not part of the voted off post): After reading through the whole string of posts, my take is that this means that Helen is on the jury, but not necessarily that she is voted off this week. I personally think Jan goes because: (1) I believe the True Dork Times spoiler of Brian and Clay as the final 2; (2) There are other Internet rumors that Ted makes the final 3, although it does say "with another guy and a gal"; (3) Of all the remaining group, Jan seems to have done the weakest alliance building, although this may just be how she has been edited.

I really like Helen and wish she could win the whole thing. I admire her for many of the reasons I admired Kathy in S4 -- she has been portrayed as a strong, capable woman who is playing the game with integrity. But I am one of the few (based on the posts shown here) that believes Jim Glover's comment in last week's episode that Helen did not come all this way for third place was foreshadowing by the producers.

Hope this link was helpful -- sorry if it duplicates info posted by others, but I'm new to this message board in terms of posting.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •