The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Odds of winning"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-11-02, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Odds of winning"
Now that I've had a chance to see two episodes and get to know the ten remaining contestants a little better, I feel ready to put odds on them winning the whole thing. Keep in mind that these are for amusement purposes only:

AARON & ARIANNE - 5-1
The good: Have been quick at every stop, fun-loving attitude
The bad: Revolt against Derek & Drew may be their undoing

FLO & ZACH - 6-1
The good: Have done well so far
The bad: Little arguments can become big arguments, given enough time

JV & JILL - 6-1
The good: See Flo & Zach
The bad: Not the fastest of teams

ANDRE & DAMON - 8-1
The good: Ruthless, fit
The bad: On the slow side, not endearing themselves with other teams

DENNIS & ANDREW - 8-1
The good: Flying below radar
The bad: Also flying below the speed limit

MICHAEL & KATHY - 8-1
The good: No major arguments yet
The bad: If Kathy has to carry this team, they might as well pack for Loser Island now

DEREK & DREW - 10-1
The good: Obvious
The bad: Lack of travel sense, big bullseye on their backs, no more FF

HEATHER & EVE - 10-1
The good: Shameless
The bad: Eve might run out of tears

KEN & GERARD - 10-1
The good: There are worse teams
The bad: There are better teams, most of whom have their FF

TERI & IAN - 30-1
The good: Um, Teri seems OK
The bad: Really, really slow

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Odds of winning Sophie 10-11-02 1
   RE: Odds of winning railfan 10-11-02 2
   RE: Odds of winning Sophie 10-28-02 13
 RE: Odds of winning TeamJoisey 10-11-02 3
   Heather/Eve and Andre/Damon realitybites 10-12-02 4
   RE: Odds of winning stan1616 10-13-02 5
       RE: Odds of winning Esbea 10-13-02 6
           RE: Odds of winning ShowMeTheWinner 10-14-02 7
               RE: Odds of winning Esbea 10-16-02 10
       RE: Odds of winning ShowMeTheWinner 10-14-02 8
       RE: Odds of winning toddE 10-29-02 14
 RE: Odds of winning samiam 10-14-02 9
 No major changes realitybites 10-18-02 11
 Updated for week 4 realitybites 10-24-02 12
 Finish Average Esbea 10-29-02 15
   RE: Finish Average Esbea 10-30-02 16
 Week 5 update realitybites 10-31-02 17
 Final 3 update realitybites 12-12-02 18
   RE: Final 3 update chichiford 12-12-02 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-11-02, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Odds of winning"

>HEATHER & EVE - 10-1
>The good: Shameless
>The bad: Eve might run
>out of tears

Though I'm definitely rooting for Aaron & Arianne...I just want to point out that Heather and Eve have a lot going for them and I think they have a better shot at winning than 10-1. I'd say 5-1 or 8-1. They are smart and ruthless and both eliminated teams have referenced their intelligence. I think we're stuck with them for quite a while.

railfan 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-11-02, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail railfan Click to send private message to railfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Odds of winning"
These odds are reasonable based on the first two eps, except I would reverse the odds and positions of Heave and Dandy. I think Heave is being set up to last a little longer.

Sophie 2407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-28-02, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sophie Click to send private message to Sophie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Odds of winning"
Just writing to say I no longer agree with a single thing I said in my previous post.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-11-02, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Odds of winning"
I would lower the odds on Heather & Eve, who seem to be coasting along with some of the stronger teams. 8-1
I would raise the odds on Andre & Damon, who have just been too slow, mentally and physically, to win this thing. 10-1

Otherwise, I'd say you are right on the money.
I'm rooting for FloZac or JVJ to win it all.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

10-12-02, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Heather/Eve and Andre/Damon"
One thing that is, in my eyes, working FOR Andre & Damon and AGAINST Heather & Eve is history. Both TAR winners have been male-male teams, and both of them at times looked terrible. The female-female teams have either been eliminated early or hit a "wall" midway through.

So I'll be cautious about Heather & Eve's chances until they get by leg 7 or so.

stan1616 121 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-13-02, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail stan1616 Click to send private message to stan1616 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Odds of winning"
First of all, as it said in the other spoiler and the TAR sightings, JVJ will miss the flight, which puts them in jeopardy. Flach, as they said will be in the finals so they have a good chance of winning. JVJ will have a 7-1 chance for me and Flach a 5-1.

About the Doublemint Twins, they're kind and cool, I don't know why Aaron and Arianne hates them. DD will be declared as the "kinder" Team Guido this time so they have a good chance of winning.

About gays in TAR, there are 2. Aaron and Andrew. Aaron has a good chemistry with Arianne because even though Arianne doesn't admit it, she is actually gay also. Dennis and Andrew doesn't have that good of a chance of winning cuz Dennis is trying to correct Andrew's gender, which won't help them in any way. That's why I'd give DD 8-1 and Dennis and Andrew a 10-1 chance.

Stan1616

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-13-02, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Odds of winning"
"About gays in TAR, there are 2"......?
Did the bald bro suddenly start playing for the other team?

"even though Arianne doesn't admit it, she is actually gay also".
Maybe you ought to email her and let her know....

"Dennis is trying to correct Andrew's gender".
Are we watching the same show!??!

And Im curious how any of that has anything to do with the odds of winning...

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-14-02, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Odds of winning"
Esbea, can I have your address? You owe me a new set of pants for making me p33 in my pants!!! ROTFL

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

10-16-02, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Odds of winning"
Can I just send you a box of Depends and we'll call it even?

"The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, youre still a rat"

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-14-02, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Odds of winning"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-02 AT 04:58 PM (EST)

By the way, I'm taking the final leg spoiler with a big grain of salt. IAN sat next to the guy? I don't think Ian's gonna last all the way to the last leg, is he? I sure hope not!

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-29-02, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Odds of winning"
Hey Stan,
Long time no see.

Though I haven't been watching TAR3, I read that either Ken or Gerard is also gay, so that's 3 (2 left now).

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-02, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Odds of winning"
I'd say 1:1. Oh, wait, I thought this said, "odds of whining". My bad.

"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value." -- Arthur C. Clarke

10-18-02, 03:09 AM (EST)
11. "No major changes"
Aaron & Arianne 5-1
Flo & Zach 6-1
Michael & Kathy 7-1
JV & Jill 7-1
Derek & Drew 8-1
Ken & Gerard 8-1
Andre & Damon 9-1
Heather & Eve 10-1
Teri & Ian 25-1

10-24-02, 07:44 AM (EST)
12. "Updated for week 4"
Aaron & Arianne 6-1 - Giving up on the alliance. Good for them.
Flo & Zach 6-1 - Will move up if they can survive this week.
Derek & Drew 6-1 - Race's physicality suits their strengths.
Ken & Gerard 6-1 - They keep doing well, I have to respect that.
Michael & Kathy 8-1 - Haven't killed each other yet.
JV & Jill 8-1 - Should be doing better than they are. Maybe soon.
Andre & Damon 8-1 - See JV & Jill.
Teri & Ian 20-1 - Surviving on the bad luck of other teams.

10-29-02, 04:50 PM (EST)
15. "Finish Average"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-02 AT 04:51 PM (EST)

Just out of curiousity, I thought Id take everyones place finish for the race so far and figure their average finish: (did that make ANY sense?)

Gerkin 2.5
Flozac 3
Zoolanders 3.75
AA 4.25
McDate 5.25
JVJ 6.25
Guns N Hoses 6.75
The Bunkers 8.25

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

10-30-02, 12:35 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Finish Average"
shameless bump

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

10-31-02, 03:26 PM (EST)
17. "Week 5 update"
Ken & Gerard 5-1 - They keep going and going...
Flo & Zach 6-1 - If a bungee jump comes up, they're in deep trouble
Derek & Drew 6-1 - Movin' right along
Aaron & Arianne 7-1 - They'll take the FF soon; that should help
JV & Jill 7-1 - Still slower than is good for them
Andre & Damon 8-1 - The coattail strategy won't work forever
Teri & Ian 18-1 - One more escape and they'll break Russell & Cyndi's record

12-12-02, 07:37 AM (EST)
18. "Final 3 update"
Now that all but the last three have been cleared out of the race, the favorites are easier to see.

* TERI & IAN have been underdogs throughout the race. No one took them seriously - not the racers, and not even me. During most of the first half of the race, they were within two spots of being eliminated, but weren't due to the incompetence or bad luck of other teams. They've done better lately and are in a good position heading into the penultimate leg. They may need it because in order to beat either of the other teams in a footrace, they would have to be significantly ahead. Perhaps they'll do it, but I won't predict that.

FINAL ODDS - 5-1

* FLO & ZACH, in contrast to T&I, did very well in the first half of the race. They only won one leg but they have several 2nds and 3rds. As racers they started to cool off during the second half of the race, partly due to that distraction on the other team, and partly due to Zach (understandably) tuning his partner out. They're thisclose to falling apart on us, and if that happens, they can kiss the million goodbye. I don't think that will quite happen, but I also think that there are more hard times coming and they will have a hard time dealing with them with as united a front as they need.

FINAL ODDS - 2-1

* KEN & GERARD are my new favorites after Derek & Drew were eliminated. They've done well - surprisingly well - throughout the race. They've been good-mannered and united as a team and savvy as game players. The only bad point is that they're significantly behind the other two teams and there is always the risk that bunching may not save them. Keep your fingers crossed if you're rooting for this team.

FINAL ODDS - EVEN

chichiford 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-12-02, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail chichiford Click to send private message to chichiford Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Final 3 update"
Okay, speculation time...
Does anybody think there is a connection between being under the radar or being talked up a lot and winning the race?
I've watched the Early Show after each elimination (I know, I'm a loser), and I've noticed that there are always questions about Terri and Ian and occassionally about Flo and Zach, but no one ever asks (or mentions for that matter) Ken and Gerard.
Thoughts? Would that change the odds?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •