The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Earth Hour 2009 "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-26-09, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Earth Hour 2009 "
Are you afraid of the dark?

http://www.earthhour.org/news/default:en/article?id=eh6527867418953572277

March 28, 2009, 8:30 pm local time.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Earth Hour 2009 kingfish 03-26-09 1
   RE: Earth Hour 2009 grit 03-26-09 2
       LOL moonbaby 03-26-09 3
           RE: LOL suzzee 03-26-09 4
           RE: LOL kingfish 03-26-09 5
           RE: LOL grit 03-26-09 6
               OK I admit it moonbaby 03-26-09 9
 RE: Earth Hour 2009 Brownroach 03-26-09 7
   RE: Earth Hour 2009 J Slice 03-26-09 14
 RE: Earth Hour 2009 Ahtumbreez 03-26-09 8
   There should be moonbaby 03-26-09 12
       RE: There should be VisionQuest 03-26-09 20
   RE: Earth Hour 2009 MKitty 03-26-09 19
 RE: Earth Hour 2009 jbug 03-26-09 10
 RE: Earth Hour 2009 sharnina 03-26-09 11
   RE: Earth Hour 2009 rasslinmomma 03-26-09 13
 RE: Earth Hour 2009 Max Headroom 03-26-09 15
   RE: Earth Hour 2009 jbug 03-26-09 16
       RE: Earth Hour 2009 Max Headroom 03-26-09 17
           RE: Earth Hour 2009 jbug 03-26-09 18
 Things that go moonbaby 03-28-09 21
   RE: Things that go Snidget 03-28-09 22
   RE: Things that go Buggy 03-29-09 25
       RE: Things that go Puffy 03-29-09 26
           RE: Things that go Buggy 03-29-09 27
               RE: Things that go Snidget 03-29-09 30
               RE: Things that go Puffy 03-29-09 35
 RE: Earth Hour 2009 handyandy 03-28-09 23
 RE: Earth Hour 2009 frisky 03-28-09 24
   Mt Rushmore during blackout. KeithFan 03-29-09 28
       Me dancing naked. KeithFan 03-29-09 29
           RE: Me dancing naked. Starshine 03-29-09 33
           RE: Me dancing naked. PepeLePew13 03-29-09 34
   RE: Earth Hour 2009 PepeLePew13 03-29-09 32
 Seemed like moonbaby 03-29-09 31
 RE: Earth Hour 2009 northernlights 03-29-09 36
 RE: Earth Hour 2009 dragonflies 03-29-09 37
 RE: Earth Hour 2009 sharnina 03-29-09 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-09, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
You do know what "A Treasure Hunt in the Dark " is also known as?

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-26-09, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
Yes, it's called "Looking for the d@amned remote control."

03-26-09, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "LOL "
Mine glows in the dark.

My remote, I mean.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-09, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: LOL "
Thanks for clearing that up

Spring outfit thanks to Sharnina

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-09, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: LOL "
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-09 AT 01:29 PM (EST)

Belatedly realizing how my question might have been misconstrued, I need to point out that "burglary" is what I was referring to.

A already know that no one is going to believe me.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-26-09, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: LOL "
Sure, your "remote" glows in the dark. Right. You live pretty close to Indian Point, don't you?

another agman creation

03-26-09, 01:45 PM (EST)
9. "OK I admit it"
My wii fit board glows in the dark, too.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-09, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
11. Become a Jewish mother!

Q: How many Jewish mothers does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None. "It's okay, I'll just sit here in the dark, don't worry about me..."

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-09, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
My people own passive-aggression the way we own all the networks. Also, money.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-09, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
Love number 8 - play board games. An hour later we turn on the lights and "Woo Hoo, I win" says everyone at the table.

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre leaves Iraq

03-26-09, 01:57 PM (EST)
12. "There should be"
glow in the dark board games but I can't think of any!

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-26-09, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: There should be"
How about Simon?

Not a board game, but you could play it in the dark.

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-26-09, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
Hey..I have invited a bunch of friends for Candlelight board games for Saturday night!! LOL...

Tribe manga'd my mug

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-09, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
5. Take the dog for a night walk

Like I don't do this every night?

Butch bobble by Tribe

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-26-09, 01:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
My kids will love this. Every time we have a windstorm or snow they're hoping that the lights will go out.

Love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything.
1 Peter 4:8 (The Message)

Shar's World

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-26-09, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
I remember looking for all the flashlights and refilling the oil lanterns, trimming wicks, etc. from when I was a kid. Getting ready for a big storm was so exciting. If tornadoes were a possibilitiy, we even got to put blankets in the bathtub.

Now? We've got buried utility lines. I haven't lost power in years. Thanks for reminding me of all the fun getting ready to sit in the dark was!

Courtesy of the very talented ARnutz

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-09, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
DD's bedtime is 8:30. This could work.

A SharTribe creation!

03-26-09, 02:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
Yea, and if it takes as long as usual to get her to fall asleep, it'll be time to turn the lights back on again

Warming up for Spring with Agman

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-09, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
*whack*

Would you like to babysit her some evening?

A SharTribe creation!

03-26-09, 02:47 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
ouch

03-28-09, 07:02 PM (EST)
21. "Things that go"
bump
in the night Counting down...

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-09, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Things that go"
lights off

candles on

I know I'm early, but what the hey.

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-09, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Things that go"
We cheated.
We mostly did it, I wanted to go all the way, but certain family members griped.
I turned all the lights off, but Hubby kept the TV on in the bedroom ( " This is dumb, no one else is doing this!")
Kiddo turned off her lights, but was doing a craft project so she opened her closet door a crack for a sliver of light
( Hello, the closet has an automatic light, if it's open it's on, if it's on, it's on ,it doesn't matter if you didn't open the door all the way. LAUGH)

I tried to convince my family that they also had to be quiet since the lights were off, it made sense to me, but that didn't work out so well.

We only had one injury.
Hubby complained that he twisted his ankle in the dark, but I'm not buying it. He claims he was hurt because I turned off the lights, but he tripped in the bedroom where the tv was on, and he tripped over his own shoes that he left right in the middle of the floor, so it can't possibly be an Earth Hour incident. More of a dummy incident.

All in all I discovered my family is a bunch of wusses, who can't survive an hour without lights and not complain the whole time. (I would have liked it more if I could have convinced them about the " quiet time " thing.)

I was digging the vibe, the whole awareness thing. We all use so much more than we need, and just turning things off more often will make such a difference.

I do have to give my family some props though, they do mostly shut off things not in use, and we never have lights on in rooms we aren't using.
I love my best friend, but I go crazy at her house because they NEVER turn anything off, and I walk around shutting off lights the whole time I am there. In broad daylight, all the lights in every room are on all the time, makes me nuts!

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-09, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Things that go"
Buggy, your post made me laugh. *hugs*

We were out to dinner at a restaurant. I thought the restaurant might dim the lights or use candles on the table. But I looked at my watch at 9 pm and realized that they had done nothing. Business is business, I guess.

Compliments of the Agmeister

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-09, 02:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Things that go"
It's all about money for businesses, and it should be.
Besides, it's what, the second year of this?
It'll be more known next year, and even more the year after.
I think it's such a cool thing though, just making us aware of how much we use, and how much we could save.

Hey, is my favorite Valencia resturant still there? Zeko's? I loved their salads and fried zucchini.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-09, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Things that go"
I saw a few business pictures. Looked like even if they didn't turn the inside lights off a few of them turned off the outside signage and stuff like that.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-09, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Things that go"
Zeko's and it's sister restaurant, Sokez are both gone. I liked their fried zucchini, too!

Compliments of the Agmeister

handyandy 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-28-09, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail handyandy Click to send private message to handyandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
I'll make sure all our whale oil and coal gas lamps are lit for the observation.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-09, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
I've been browsing the pictures on the internets.

You know, the really ancient places look better *without* the lights. The darkness adds a poignancy that's missing in all the bright, flashy lights.

Case in point: The Acropolis in Athens. Breathtaking.

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-09, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Mt Rushmore during blackout."

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. -Ronald Reagan

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-09, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Me dancing naked."
during the blackout.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. -Ronald Reagan

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-09, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Me dancing naked."
Looking good KF

J Slice what a cool lady

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-09, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Me dancing naked."
Have you seen this great picture of a polar bear strolling about in a white-out?

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-09, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
That really is a great picture of the Acropolis and I agree with you that the classic sites definitely looks more authentic and better with the lights off. I'd have liked to see what the Colosseum looked like in person with the lights off.

I posted this on my blog yesterday:

We discussed this in my class on Thursday and a few of the learners suggested "why not make this a monthly event, instead of an annual event?"

Good point. Why does this only have to be an annual event? Why not do this on a more regular basis to keep us grounded and constantly remind us to do all of the little things to make a difference in this world?

Turn the lights off when you're leaving a room, leave your car idling a little less often, make sure there's a completely full load of laundry and dishes before starting their respective machines, use the BBQ to cook 3 things instead of the oven and two burners, walk to the grocery store a block away instead of driving over there, etc etc etc.

Stinky Musings <--- blog's been updated!

03-29-09, 10:04 AM (EST)
31. "Seemed like"
time slowed down in that hour. Only a few houses on my street participated or they weren't home to begin with. My sister thought her household would never agree to it-she didn't even ask. I'll mention it directly to the kids next time.

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-09, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
I had a very enjoyable Earth Hour/Night. Earlier in the day I went to a bar for a Jam Session with a friend and her husband. Her hubby often gets up and sings with the band and yesterday was no exception. When we got home we had some dinner and then as Earth Hour approached we lit candles and turned off lights and pulled out the guitars.

We played and sang for about 4 hours by candlelight. Almost as good as a campfire but not quite. My fingertips are throbbing this morning. It's been a long time since I've played and the fingers had gone soft. It even hurts to type!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-09, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
We participated, at the prodding of DD. She had a friend over, and they were all excited. After lighting several (ok, 35) candles, we went around the house and unplugged all the night lights, turned off all the lights and computers. We talked about what we would need to do to really eliminate all electricity, which wasn't realistic. I wanted it to be a teaching moment on how much we do rely on electricity.

Then the girls played card games and a couple of other games, and ended the hour in DD's room telling stories. I read a book by candlelight. Had to find a candle holder bright enough. Never thought of the bath by candlelight, but I do that semi regularly anyway. DS grumbled about not playing on the computer, so he texted nearly the entire hour. DH even turned off our coach lights outside. We think a couple of others in our neighborhood participated, but none remembered their coach lights outside.

sharnina 3083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-29-09, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Earth Hour 2009 "
LAST EDITED ON 03-29-09 AT 05:04 PM (EST)

We had a lovely Earth hour. We used flash lights and our camping lantern (battery operated). First, we went to dinner and visited Build-A-Bear so we could use some coupons that were expiring soon. After we came home, the girls got ready for bed and I put on my new nightgown. We all snuggled down in the living room and the girls played with their bears. They also folded their laundry - Robin showed her bears how to fold clothes. I read for a while and DH laid on the couch and snored some. After a while I read a children's version of A Midsummer's Night Dream to the family - voices and all - and then it was time for bed.

All in all, it was about an hour and forty-five minutes. DH and I watched the news for a bit and then headed of to bed.

It was fun and we may do it more often than once a year.

Love each other as if your life depended on it. Love makes up for practically anything.
1 Peter 4:8 (The Message)

Shar's World

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •