The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Immunity Challenge Winner Poll"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-04-02, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Immunity Challenge Winner Poll"
Simple enough, vote in your subject line who you think will win the Immunity, post any reasoning you have in the content (if you want).

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Clay Q 12-04-02 1
 Brian (idiotic reasoning included) big idiot 12-04-02 2
 Brian strone 12-04-02 3
 Clay jkokoj 12-04-02 4
 RE: Jake smrtNsassybnkr 12-04-02 5
 Clay Brownroach 12-04-02 6
   Vote change: switching to Helen Brownroach 12-05-02 17
 Helen Boilermaker 12-04-02 7
 Jake Spidey 12-04-02 8
 Jake the Snake frisky 12-04-02 9
 B-R-I-A-N BaquaR13 12-04-02 10
 Jake TribalTex29 12-04-02 11
 Jake ejm92 12-04-02 12
 JAKE johnthemod 12-05-02 13
 Jake skyisbluu 12-05-02 14
 Jake SteffiGurl 12-05-02 15
 Brian dabo 12-05-02 16
 Jake, but... JohnMc 12-05-02 18
 Brian steppingrazor42 12-05-02 19
 Clay IceCat 12-05-02 20
 Brian... sleeeve 12-05-02 21
 Helen forehead 12-05-02 22
 Jake MissSusan 12-05-02 23
 Brian jsanb 12-05-02 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-04-02, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Clay"
Because Jake will not win, Brian will not win it, Helen and Jan are shown competing so they will not win, leaving Clay to win again! The Diamond in the Ruff, The guy who holds Survivor Parties, The guy who says you would be surprised how far this guy goes, the one whos wife does not know everything that went on in the show, and the one who lost 35 pounds.

Or I am full of it, as usual.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-04-02, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Brian (idiotic reasoning included)"
This is VERY speculative so I'm giving odds and reasons for all.

First major assumption: Physical IC
1) RC is not physical, and last 2 ICs were not physical, so time for a physical one
2) No vidcaps of IC (Jan and Helen running on beach I think is treemail excitement) because if it is physical and we knew it then we would assume Jake does not win IC.

Hence:
Jakes odds: .01%
Jan odds: .01%

Contenders:
Brian odds 40% chance of winning because has shown strong ability on land, in water, and on jungle gyms. Winning record gives him best odds.

Helen odds 35%. Strong in water and on land gives edge, plus assumption of food in belly after RC win gives edge over others below.

Ted odds 15%. Strength and height give advantage, but size also limits agility.

Clay odds 10%. Opposite reasons of Ted.

Chance of me being wrong: 60%

BI

strone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-04-02, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strone Click to send private message to strone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Brian"
Is due for a Colby run of wins here, unless he is still strategically thinking more than he is playing and decides to lower his IC effort to 80%. Alt pick-bankrupcy boy Clay!

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-04-02, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Clay"
No reasoning.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-04-02, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jake"
I think that the "Big Surprise" is the family visit, and the "another" is Jake winning immunity which leads to next week...."The Tides Are Turning" where Jake makes some new alliances, and he begins to get back into the game.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-02, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Clay"
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-02 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

Changed to Helen -- see below.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-02, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Vote change: switching to Helen"
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-02 AT 12:09 PM (EST)

I've changed my mind -- since I think the Clay vs. Jake confrontation will be played up to the hilt, it makes more sense that neither one will immunity. Thus both can be edited as vulnerable, making TC a real nail-biter (well, actually not).

I have this nagging feeling that the reward and immunity challenges are combined (this being the "Another" surprise). There's nothing much to support this, but:

1) MB said it "might" be done, and this week is probably the last chance for a combo challenge, since next week's reward is likely the car or other big-ticket item, which I don't think would be combined with immunity.

2) In the shot where they are walking along the beach and Helen is wearing the immunity necklace, all except Jake are wearing the same clothes as at the food challenge (and Jake could have just removed his gray overshirt).

3) We have no caps showing the whole tribe clearly participating in a separate challenge.

4) The dubious Fudgenut spoiler that it was an IC in which Ted's brother participated.

**Edited to add:
It could be set up that one person wins both reward and immunity; OR it could be that the challenge has separate components which confer reward or immunity, allowing two different winners.

But even if IC is a totallly separate challenge, I'm going with Helen as the winner.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-04-02, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Helen"
Just my gut feeling at this point. Jan and Jake can't win it whether it is physical or mental (I don't feel that they are dumb - I just think that Helen and Clay are more intelligent). Brian doesn't want to win anything else as evidenced by the expression on his face when he had to win the last RC when Clay fell down. That leaves Clay and Helen. I place my 50% on Helen.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-02, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Jake"
Crossing fingers that "another big suprise" really is and a CG gets to boot.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-02, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Jake the Snake"
Jake slithers across the finish line.

-One surprise has to do with the IC. We know this because the IC is not definitively shown in the preview.

-Jan and Helen running across beach is misdirection to make us think IC is physical and Jake is out.

-Jake proved himself in Jiffy's panicky snorkle game. He would be a front runner in any non-physical challenge.

-BURNING DESIRE. His desperation will turn into adrenaline. The others won't experience that burning desire in IC's until they finish pagonging.

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-04-02, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "B-R-I-A-N"
yep

The Reality Show Queens!!

BaQuAr13

TribalTex29 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-04-02, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TribalTex29 Click to send private message to TribalTex29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Jake"
Jake needs this immunity and he is hungry for it. Him losing doesn't necessarily mean he goes tomorrow, but I would like to see him take it, just to see what the other five's perspectives are on each other.

That would be one exciting Tribal Council!

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-04-02, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Jake"
Jakey slithers his way into immunity and an alliance.

2002 NFC North Champs

johnthemod 423 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-05-02, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail johnthemod Click to send private message to johnthemod Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "JAKE"
He needs it

skyisbluu 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-05-02, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skyisbluu Click to send private message to skyisbluu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Jake"
Has to be Jake! He wins immunity, and the CGs are forced to turn on each other. Simple as that -

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-05-02, 05:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Jake"
Wishful thinking. And I'm sure that not only will Jake NOT win, but Clay will, which is EXACTLY what I don't want to happen. Kind of like when Lex won immunity and Teresa was booted in S3

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-02, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Brian"
Running on the beach, advantage goes to youth and those who live near beaches.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-05-02, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Jake, but..."
I don't want to say I have any reliable spoiler material to confirm a Jake IC win. My perspective comes from previous S-challenges, specifically a Paschal win in S4.

How does a man his age kick butt against kids half his age and twice as strong? For example, in Pappy's win in the "move the rock underwater" challenge, he actually outsmarted everyone and made better use of his physical strength.

All I'm saying is that even if the challenge is physical, Jake still has a chance. (And I'd love to see him pull it off!)

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-05-02, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Brian"
It's time for a physical IC!! Brian seems to not realize it's not always the best to win everything so I think he'll continue his run of wins, and in the process darken the bulls-eye around his forehead.

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-02, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Clay"

OUTSPOIL! OUTSPOOF! OUTRAGEOUS!

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-05-02, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Brian..."
...is this season's challenge king.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-05-02, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Helen"
following Brownroach (you're edit is right - IC will be separate from RC, but I like Clay w/o immunity to keep the incredibly low level of suspense from dropping to zero for the general audience) and TDT

lemming forehead

MissSusan 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-05-02, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissSusan Click to send private message to MissSusan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Jake"
Jake

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-05-02, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Brian"
No more need to be UTR

Peanut Butter Jeff
"If you thought S3 was bad just wait until S5."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •