The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S5 Ep11 (Wed) Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-27-02, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S5 Ep11 (Wed) Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-02 AT 09:26 PM (EST)

{Jeff Probst} Next week Survivor returns to Thursday...

{Jeff Probst} ...And Clay speaks his mind to Jake

{Clay}I didn't like that statement worth a sh-- over at that council meeting.

{Helen} I don't think Clay liked that 'cause it's true Jake does more work than Clay.

{Jeff Probst} And a reward with a twist...

{Jeff Probst} Today we're going to change things up a little bit.

{Helen, jumping up} Oh my god! Oh my god!

{Jeff Probst} Stay seated!

OH, and even if I'm late...

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S5 Ep11 (Wed) Preview Vidcaps mistofleas 11-27-02 1
   RE: S5 Ep11 (Wed) Preview Vidcaps okonkwo 11-27-02 2
 Change frisky 11-27-02 3
   RE: Change Krautboy 11-28-02 4
       Prisoner's Dilemma? frisky 11-28-02 5
 Helen doesn't win RC? Krautboy 11-28-02 6
   RE: Helen doesn't win RC? okonkwo 11-28-02 7
       RE: Helen doesn't win RC? Krautboy 11-29-02 11
 CBS Web Video Promo is up frisky 11-28-02 8
   RE: CBS Web Video Promo is up skyisbluu 11-28-02 9
       family and spiders tribephyl 11-29-02 10
       RE: CBS Web Video Promo is up Krautboy 11-29-02 12
           Helen wins RC frisky 11-29-02 13
           RE: CBS Web Video Promo is up dabo 12-02-02 16
 JAKE wins RC..based on vidcap at CB... VanQ 11-29-02 14
   Helen winning frisky 11-29-02 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-27-02, 09:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S5 Ep11 (Wed) Preview Vidcaps"
Damn Bungler, you got a rocket in your vid-capture equipment or what??? I've said it before and I'll say it again...you da man!!!

Looks like family for the reward huh?

--would really like to see if Brian's wife is there and if she can keep her clothes on

okonkwo 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-27-02, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okonkwo Click to send private message to okonkwo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S5 Ep11 (Wed) Preview Vidcaps"
I bet Helen sees her cat LOL

So its Clay that has the confrontation over the tribal council. This may not be good for him because it may rub some chewies off and if Jake wins immunity that might be a good reason as to vote him off.

Plus the fact that Helen says that its true that Jake works harder than him has gotta mean something. This is the 2nd time a preview has shown Helen talking about a bad reason that could be used to vote off a chewie.

Set up for a Clay boot or is it misdirection?

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-02, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Change"
>>{Jeff Probst} Today we're going to change things up a little bit.

I'm curious about the word "change." It's not like he said "shake things up." He said "change."

CHANGE meaning change in the way we do this previously-enjoyed challenge (ye olde food challenge?), OR

CHANGE in the game i.e. another "twist" in the overall direction of the game.

As the tide turns...

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-28-02, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Change"
Would there be a way to combine the gross food challenge and the family visit into a new RC?

Krautboy

11-28-02, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Prisoner's Dilemma?"
Just thought of something after looking at your Ep 11 Website Teasers thread, Krautboy.

"One castaway faces a critical decision that could alter the entire game."

Jiffy says in the preview that it's time to "change" things. Helen bursts out of her seat toward something off-camera and Jiffy orders everyone to stay seated, stay away from whatever is off-camera.

I think this means that they have to stay away from whatever is there until they *earn* it, or until they *choose* it, and their choice could make their tribemates worse off as in the prisoner's dilemma.

This could also be Helen reacting to gross food, but I'm leaning more toward a prisoner's dilemma type challenge, which would fit both the teaser and the preview.

11-28-02, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Helen doesn't win RC?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-02 AT 11:35 AM (EST)

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Thanks Bungler...

Image #7 shows Helen wearing a green shirt, rather than the black shirt we see her wearing in image #10 at the RC.

This may be an indication that she does not win the RC. The pained look on her face looks like she is talking about the sadness and frustration she feels about seeing her loved ones, but losing out on the chance to hug them and share the reward...

This is probably a confesional the day after RC.

Krautboy

okonkwo 98 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-02, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okonkwo Click to send private message to okonkwo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Helen doesn't win RC?"
Sorry Krautboy, but I have to disagree with you.

I checked the acmebraintrust's clothing list and Helen only has black shirts, no green shirts. She has two black shirts. And when you look at cap 7, it is very similar to black, but it looks green because it is very faded and its the sun hitting it making it look like another color.

So the confessional could be of the day of the RC because the whole "Clay outburst" thing happened the night before.

So Helen could still be in the running. Yay LOL

11-29-02, 12:29 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Helen doesn't win RC?"
Thanks for keeping me on track Okonkwo...back to the drawing board.

Krautboy

11-28-02, 01:37 PM (EST)
8. "CBS Web Video Promo is up"
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-02 AT 01:50 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-28-02 AT 01:39 PM (EST)

I don't know how to do vidcaps.

This promo wants us to think that they have to eat live hairy spiders.

VO: Only three survivor episodes left

Jan: We're so excited!

VO: These castaways can take a lot...

Clay: We're physically whooped!

Helen: Our {unintelligle} are so low.

VO: But Thursday...

(group sitting at reward challenge, Helen whooping, pic of tarantula crawling on arm, really ugly crab)

VO: ...what they encounter is so incredible...

Jiffy: You guys ready? Did you bring an appetite?

Clay: I'm ready.

Helen (in confessional): HELL NO (she looks pissed)

VO: ...so astonishing...

Brian: It's a game of survival.

Helen: screeching again, pained expression

VO: ...it will leave them speechless.

Helen stands up, covers face and turns away, Jan covers face, pained expression.

Jiffy: DO IT NOW OR YOU GUYS ARE GONNA LOSE!!

Jake: I've never experienced such hardship, and such joy.

After Jake says "hardship" there's a picture of Ted on the beach, looking out to sea, raising a stick in the air.

I don't think this has anything to do with family. I think Jiffy asks if they have an appetite, then they bring out these live spiders. We're talking huge, furry things people. I can't blame Helen for her reaction.

Edited to tie this in with the following SeeBS misdirection:

"The castaways are offered a stunning opportunity that leaves the winner in tears of joy and the losers in tears of pain."

Jake is the joyful one, the others look like they're sucking lemons. My money is on Jake for the RC.

skyisbluu 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-28-02, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skyisbluu Click to send private message to skyisbluu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: CBS Web Video Promo is up"
LAST EDITED ON 11-28-02 AT 04:05 PM (EST)

Hello, new poster here, finally got around to signing up for my own account...

After carefully examining all the facts from the other posts, I've come with a theory of my own concerning this week's reward challenge -

1. The scene of the remaining survivors sitting on bleachers in front of Jeff is reminiscent of either the "walk down one step each time you get a question right" challenge from S2(I think) or the family challenge from S4. I think it is more likely to be the latter because they appear to be in place to watch something happening in front of them, and given the reaction on everyone's faces (especially Helen's) in vidcap 8, I think Jeff has just brought family members out of the bush (ha ha).

2. The way Jeff says "it's time to change things up a bit" makes me think that the reward challenge will be much like the family challenge in S4 - the family members will be competing and the survivors will be left to watch, helpless.

3. The information about spiders and crabs and nasty things in the second preview, in connection with a gross food challenge, is probably a good assumption since we haven't seen one this season (thus far). With MBs attempt to make this season as different as possible, it wouldn't surprise me that he would push the predictable order of the challenges around a bit. Given the popularity of the food challenge, I doubt he would cut it all together - unless Thailand doesn't really have any gross foods...

So I think that all the information points to a gross food challenge in which the family members are participating and the survivors can meerly watch in disgust and horror.

--hoping she made sense in her first (and possibly only) posting...--

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-02, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "family and spiders"
First of all welcome...skyisbluu.
Second, I totally agree. That is the "change". This time the family members participate in the gross food challenge and the tribe members are left to watch. How evil and how satisfying. I love it. Unfortunately it's only RC.

11-29-02, 12:43 PM (EST)
12. "RE: CBS Web Video Promo is up"
Welcome Skyisbluu! Excellent first post. I'm with you and Trybphyl. I think you have described exactly what happens.

The contestants arrive for the RC and are seated in the bleachers. Jeff reveals the family members as we see the teary eyed reactions from Helen, Jan and others.

The change is that the Family members compete in the gross food challenge. The survivors must stay in the bleachers to watch.

The winner has tears of joy, while the others must wave goodbye from afar and feel the tears of pain...

Now back to reading the clues and body language to figure out whose family member wins for them...

Krautboy

11-29-02, 01:51 PM (EST)
13. "Helen wins RC"
It's Helen, and I will back that up with vidcap evidence once I've figured out how to "bungle."

The CBS website preview shows the RC (discussed above), the IC (which takes place on the beach), and two other shots of the group on the beach which ARE NOT the IC, because the clothing is different.

The first shot is taken from a boat, facing the beach, and everyone except for HELEN is standing on the beach, looking toward the camera.

The second shot is Ted standing in the water, looking out to sea, and raising a stick in the air, like "bye-bye".

I initially thought Ted was raising his arm in victory, but after watching the video about 50 frickin' times in my futile attempts to capture the images, I'm convinced he's waving goodbye to someone on a boat. Everyone in the beach shot is present and accounted for except for HELEN, therefore, Helen wins RC.

Now back to my bungling....

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-02, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: CBS Web Video Promo is up"
>Welcome Skyisbluu! Excellent first post.

ditto.

>The winner has tears of joy,
>while the others must wave
>goodbye from afar and feel
>the tears of pain...

If they do it the same as last time, the losers will each get a minute or so to hug and whatever with their loved ones. If MB doesn't allow them at least that, this time, then he truly is evil!

ARRRRRRR!!!!

VanQ 87 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-02, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "JAKE wins RC..based on vidcap at CBS.com"
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-02 AT 01:58 PM (EST)

Edited after watching the video one more time...

Ok.. watched the promo again, and agree that it is Helen that is missing not JAKE from the shot of the group in the water. I think that it is Jake on the far left, Jan, then Clay and then Brian. Ted is out front. There is something lower down behind Clay, I dont think it is Helen bending over, seems too small.

The other possibility is that Ted is out front waving goodbye to his family member after having had a visit from them as his reward.

11-29-02, 03:29 PM (EST)
15. "Helen winning"
I think we are shown Helen winning, not the part where she jumps out of her seat, but in the frame where she stands up and turns toward her tribe. She's all excited like she was when she won the IC in EP 10. If you pause the clip here, you can see the others clapping, except Jake doesn't look too happy. They are obviously an "audience" to something that involves hairy spiders and big appetites.

The real action is taking place at a bar-type counter where Jiffy has Spidey crawling on his arm while faceless people are standing on the other side of the counter.

Jiffy says "You guys bring an appetite?" but there is no indication that he is talking to the group of survivors sitting on the bleachers. Likewise, when he says "Do it now or you guys are gonna lose," I don't think he's talking to the castaways.

I think that Jake's joyful comment is misdirection to go with the SeeBS misdirection, which I helped to perpetuate above (sorry).

Bottom line:
RC is a family dinner, where the survivors watch their families down Spidey and his cousins, Helen wins, sails away into the sunset with loved one.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •