The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tomorrow night's show..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

dixiegirl001 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-08-06, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dixiegirl001 Click to send private message to dixiegirl001 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tomorrow night's show..."
You have GOT to be kidding me...dude can't take the nicotine detox and he actually SIGNED UP for the show???? What a dork. Looks like we'll have fun tomorrow night watching him unravel... Here's a tip for him: if you're gonna be on a deserted island for 39 days, and you're a hardcore smoker of a gazillion years, slap on a patch.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tomorrow night's show... Dakota 02-09-06 1
 RE: Tomorrow night's show... Max Headroom 02-09-06 2
   RE: Tomorrow night's show... dixiegirl001 02-09-06 6
       RE: Tomorrow night's show... SOWayz 02-11-06 11
 RE: Tomorrow night's show... byoffer 02-09-06 3
   RE: Tomorrow night's show... Prof_ Wagstaff 02-09-06 4
       RE: Tomorrow night's show... nazpink 02-09-06 5
           RE: Tomorrow night's show... realtvlvr 02-10-06 7
               RE: Tomorrow night's show... dabo 02-10-06 8
                   RE: Tomorrow night's show... tanrwilliams 02-10-06 9
       RE: Tomorrow night's show... frisky 02-10-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-09-06, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dakota Click to send private message to Dakota Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tomorrow night's show..."
That is kind of hard to believe. I can't imagine a heavy smoker not using the patch before going on a show like this, or not convincing the producers that he's gotta take the patches with him -- I wonder if he's using it as an excuse for his personality.
Arkie Artistry
Charter Member: Club Anti-DAW

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-06, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tomorrow night's show..."
Shane could be the first Survivor contestant ever unanimously voted to Exile Island by all other Survivors, the production team, Jeff Probst, the camera and sound people, etc...

dixiegirl001 6 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-06, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dixiegirl001 Click to send private message to dixiegirl001 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tomorrow night's show..."
I absolutely agree!!!!! And after watching him wig out tonight and then withdraw his "psychotic swing" decision to get voted off, I'm convinced he's our bomb waiting to blow. Did you see the preview??? Next week, he's freaks OUT. If I were Probst, I think I might "accidentally" leave him on Exile Island.....

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-11-06, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Tomorrow night's show..."
He said that he smokes three packs a day, and in the next breath he says how much he misses his child. It takes a long time each day to smoke sixty cigarettes. Do they smoke together, or does the child just have to breathe in this stuff. This guy's got problems.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-06, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tomorrow night's show..."
I've never smoked, so never had to try to quit, but could it be that Shane thought this might be a way to help him quit? Seems foolish to try to jeopardize a shot at $1M by combining the two exercises, but is that possible?

I have heard in here before (probably from the all-knowing KO_Fan) that many past participants have used the patch while on the show, so we know that that has been an option in the past. Could the producers have decided to take that option away? Seems extreme, and doubtful. Especially when casting a 3 pack/day person!

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-09-06, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tomorrow night's show..."
Do we really know that they have allowed the patch in the past. I would think that a patch would have been hard to miss.

Either way, I hope that Shane is around for awhile. He has the potental for out doing Judd with a TC meltdown.

"Get me a cigarette or I'll smoke one of you Scumbags!"

Sig by Cygnus
Forget Disney World...I'm going on the Survivor Cruise!

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-09-06, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tomorrow night's show..."
I would like to know why the heck he didn't quit smoking before he went on the show. Even if he did it a week or even two days before it would have been better than lighting up right before going on the show.

realtvlvr 9 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-06, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realtvlvr Click to send private message to realtvlvr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tomorrow night's show..."
I am thinking he may have been doing other substances than just cigarettes.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-06, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tomorrow night's show..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-06 AT 02:30 AM (EST)

Really. Going cold turkey off a heavy caffiene addiction is actually one of the worst things, it can be physically painful and mentally distressing especially if you can't take any aspirin or anything to take the edge off.

How sad is it for Shane that even Sue Hawk (a smoker and coffee fiend) was smart enough to detox for a week or so before the game started.

(Oh, and welcome aboard.)

tanrwilliams 4 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tanrwilliams Click to send private message to tanrwilliams Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Tomorrow night's show..."
Quitting smoking is one of the hardest things that I've ever done so trust me he's gonna go through hell until about the 3 week mark. (he wont make it that far) The patch might help a little bit but not enough to make a significant difference...especially to a person smoking 3 packs a day. He would need like 5 patches on to take the edge off. It's just gonna get worse until about that 3 wk mark so I say he'll be out by the next 2 TC.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-06, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Tomorrow night's show..."
I've seen patches on contestants before (Maddog from S2 comes to mind).

The guy could be like my DH, who somehow has reasoned that the only macho way to quit is to go cold turkey. DH refuses to quit unless he does it cold turkey, which is ridiculous, when these cessation aids are readily available.

As for InShane being on other drugs besides nic, I disagree with that. I quit smoking, and I could totally relate to him last night when he was ranting before the challenge about how bad they're doing, and his hands were flying all over the place and his voice was shaking. You honestly feel like jumping out of your own skin when detoxing from nicotine. Shane could not have known this and he must not have wanted to listen to the people who surely must have warned him that it would be this bad.

Rolly made this.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •