The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A Big Surprise...and Another"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-19-02, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A Big Surprise...and Another"
I pulled this from sucks.

It seems to back the "Penny makes the final 4" theory.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A B... Boilermaker 11-19-02 1
 RE: Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A B... Bebo 11-19-02 2
 RE: Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A B... samboohoo 11-19-02 3
 RE: Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A B... Spidey 11-19-02 4
   Jake wins immunity Cathy the Canadian 11-22-02 6
 RE: Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A B... sleeeve 11-22-02 5
   Colby's Mom and his Aztec? Krautboy 11-22-02 7
       RE: Colby's Mom and his Aztec? zzz 11-22-02 8
           RE: Colby's Mom and his Aztec? Krautboy 11-22-02 9
               RE: Colby's Mom and his Aztec? zzz 11-24-02 11
                   RE: Colby's Mom and his Aztec? SteffiGurl 11-25-02 12
           RE: Colby's Mom and his Aztec? KLicK 11-23-02 10
       RE: Colby's Mom and his Aztec? PhoenixMons 11-25-02 13
   RE: Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A B... tribephyl 11-29-02 14
       RE: Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A B... skyisbluu 11-30-02 15
 A simpler explanation weltek 12-03-02 16
   I'd doubt it FesterFan1 12-03-02 17
       RE: I'd doubt it J Slice 12-05-02 20
 Reward/Immunity Combo? Brownroach 12-04-02 18
 Maybe they don't eat the spiders/sc... cowboyroo 12-05-02 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-19-02, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A Big Surprise...and Another"
My take is this is the week for the Brian backstabbing to begin and for the Pagonging to end. My early pick is that Ted gets the knife in the back.

Not so surprising that "A Big Surprise" happens this week. But what is the "Another".

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-02, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A Big Surprise...and Another"
Could the big surprise be a seemingly secure member of the alliance, oh say...Brian, taking the walk of shame?

I'm also leaning toward the surviving SJ to win the IC.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-02, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A Big Surprise...and Another"
I would say a big surprise would be a Brian boot.

But this probably relates to the reward challenge. Maybe a visit from home. I know we've already had videos, but in S2 Tina won an on-line chat, then Colby won a visit from Mom.

Based on the "Ocean's Surprise," I wouldn't expect too much. Who know's? Maybe Maguilla pisses in the cave and then brings them bananas.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-02, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A Big Surprise...and Another"
My $0.02:

A Big Surprise - Big reward - car, family visit

and Another - The one remaining SJ (likely Penny) does not get the boot, either via IC win or CG backstabbing. I'm hoping for the latter.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Jake wins immunity"
I think Jake wins immunity as well - and I think this is the BIG SURPRISE.

The other surprise would be an unexpected boot choice - Brian.

But your theory is good to- big surprise = car, other surprise = Jake IC win.

I'm convinced it will be one of these two.

Of course, the show titles and teasers have been so useless this year, who knows?

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-22-02, 03:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A Big Surprise...and Another"
I don't know about "and another"...

...but there are only two RC's left.

Since S2, the last RC has been a super-challenge combining elements of the previous challenges with the prize being a new car.

Thus, if we're gonna have a family-member visit, E11 is our last chance. I'd guess that our big surprise is the family-member visit.

I suspect that the "and another" is also related to the reward because usually the titles are self-evident (either someone says them, or they refer to a major non-boot related event).

However, they also sometimes contain a double entendre.

Thus, it's possible that Jake the Snake could survive for another week, but with a title like this, I'm beginning to doubt his longevity in the game.

If the CG men are allied, it's really too late for Jan and Helen to jump sides, because it will lead to a tie.

...of course I strongly doubt that alliances are as they seem... but is anyone else getting a sinking feeling that Jake is gone?... or is that just me?

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-22-02, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Colby's Mom and his Aztec?"
In S2, didn't Colby win the Aztec and the visit from his mom in the same episode? I recall them sleeping together in the back of the Aztec, setting off a series of comments about the "conjugal visit".

If the winner gets both a visit from home and a car, it would satisfy the title and Jake could still be booted, which I am also leaning toward right now.

Krautboy

11-22-02, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Colby's Mom and his Aztec?"
>In S2, didn't Colby win the
>Aztec and the visit from
>his mom in the same
>episode? I recall them sleeping
>together in the back of
>the Aztec, setting off a
>series of comments about the
>"conjugal visit".
>
>If the winner gets both a
>visit from home and a
>car, it would satisfy the
>title and Jake could still
>be booted, which I am
>also leaning toward right now.
>
>
How could anyone--even MB--think that family visits or especially winning a car would be a surprise? They have had family visits and car rewards in almost every series. I am not saying the surprise is Jake winning IC or staying in some other way. I just don't see how anything that has been done over and over again can be deemed a surprise.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-22-02, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Colby's Mom and his Aztec?"
"The castaways are offered a stunning opportunity that leaves the winner in tears of joy and the losers in tears of pain."

ZZZ: You've got to admit that this sounds like everyone gets to see their loved ones from afar, but only the winner gets to touch and hug and talk to them with tears of joy...leaving the losers in tears of pain.

Krautboy

11-24-02, 06:44 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Colby's Mom and his Aztec?"
I am not disputing that the joy/tears clue sounds like family visit. I just have trouble understanding how the players--who have presumably watched the show before--could be surprised by a family visit. It seems so predictable--even to the players--that a family visit was likely that it should not be a surprise.

However MB has played fast and loose with clues before--and maybe the players do act surprised to see their family, even though they should not be surprised if they have ever seen the show before.

I am simply suggesting that even if family comes, there will be a different surprise. I am just not sure what it will be.

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-25-02, 06:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Colby's Mom and his Aztec?"
Don't forget in E9, that Jeff messed with their mind about "assumptions". He's been messing with them through the whole game. Also, since the Thailand Survivors had the opportunity to see the video, they might think that a visit is unlikely. The Marquesas Survivors did not get a video. Maybe they figure it's one or the other. In fact, with the exception of the non-merge, S5 has S1 similarities. I'm sure the Thailand Survivors are a little off guard, so a family visit may very well be a hopeful surprise.

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-23-02, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Colby's Mom and his Aztec?"
How could anyone--even MB--think that family visits or especially winning a car would be a surprise?

I don't think the title refers to us being surprised...just the Survivors. Maybe they play the whole RC thinking the reward is just a trip/car and at the last second JP says, "Here's what you could have won (all loved ones come out), but only (Fill in the blank) will get to spend time with..."

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-25-02, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Colby's Mom and his Aztec?"
Yes, Krautboy the two (family visit/car) were done in the same episode for S2. I was just going to post that so I'm glad I read all the posts first since you already did.

As for the title...I think it's simple. There's a car AND/OR family visit ("big surprise") and the other surprise would seem to indicate either a surprise boot (which really oculd be anyone depending upon the way you look at it, so not much help there) OR a surprise alliance is revealed (Jan/Ted, Jan/Jake, Helen/Clay, whatever). That pretty much covers everything, I know...I can't seem to decide what I think the title means.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-02, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A Big Surprise...and Another"
Thus, if we're gonna have a family-member visit, E11 is our last chance. I'd guess that our big surprise is the family-member visit.

I suspect that the "and another" is also related to the reward because usually the titles are self-evident (either someone says them, or they refer to a major non-boot related event).

However, they also sometimes contain a double entendre.

Add to this the latest promo caps suggesting the visiting family members participate in the gross food challenge. There are our 2 suprises.
Tmates are suprised to see their family members, and the family members are suprised by the fact that they came all the way to Thailand to eat a spider.

skyisbluu 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-30-02, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skyisbluu Click to send private message to skyisbluu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 11 (Dec. 5) Title: A Big Surprise...and Another"
LAST EDITED ON 11-30-02 AT 03:39 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-30-02 AT 00:54 AM (EST)

Seems to me that it would be a little too obvious for MB to hand this one to us on a silver platter - seeing as the family member challenge is alluded to in the vidcaps, I don't think it is the "surprise" the title is hinting at. I think it would be more "surprising" surprise (pardon my redundancy)if Jake were to win immunity (surprise #1) then, given that the Chuays cannot continue and complete the pagonging, they are forced to vote off one of their own. I see Jake taking control of the voting strategy along with some of the more smart (if you will) Chuays, like Helen, Ted and Jan, thus producing the second surprise, a Clay or (even better) Brian boot. Now THAT would be a surprise.

If the defecting Chuays are REALLY smart, they will vote out the REAL threat - king Brian. Clay is (or at least seems) too dumb to be able to conjure up a better plan than being Brian's #2, so doesn't seem to be as much a threat to me. Even so, up to this point in the game, all of Clay's attempts to screw with people have failed. Brian's attempts, on the other hand, haven't. So the "big surprise" is Jake winning immunity and the second is a Brian or Clay boot, beginning the inevitable self-destruction of the Chuays.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-02, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "A simpler explanation"
Along with the idea of Colby's visit and the Aztec...what if Ted wins the reward and his wife visits....and then another surprise...his new baby is also there to visit.

I don't think the "another" has anything to do with the boot.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-02, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "I'd doubt it"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-02 AT 06:14 PM (EST)

That would make for good TV, but... WOW that's a hell of a long trip for a 6-week old baby to take for the sake of a game show and a **chance** to see her father. Not to mention the health risks involved in bringing an infant to a remote jungle island. Nice idea. No way it happens.

Besides, rumor has it that it's Ted's brother who visits.

**edited to add...
It might be a visit AND a car. That would qualify as 2 surprises. Do they have a car sponsor this season?

Fester

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-02, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I'd doubt it"
Fester:

I'm almost completely certain that the car sponser this year is the Chevy Trailblazer... AT LAST! A car that both isn't ugly, but also performs its function as an SUV!

Whew... sorry, had to rant... those ugly-mobiles they've been peddling so far leave PLENTY to be desired...

-=J=-

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-02, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Reward/Immunity Combo?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-04-02 AT 05:10 PM (EST)

I don't see this idea mentioned in this thread, though I think someone may have posted it somewhere else. Anyway I thought I'd toss it on here.

First of all, I think the first Big Surprise must refer to the family-member visit. Yes, it's a staple of every Survivor and as such is more "cliche" than "surprise" for the viewers, but nevertheless...

What if the second surprise is that the reward winner not only gets to spend time with a family member, but has immunity at the next TC as well? MB said that reward and immunity might be combined at some point. And we don't have any persuasive IC vidcaps. The Jan and Helen running on the beach shot MIGHT be from IC, but I'm not sure I'm convinced.

In any event, I don't think the second surprise has anything to do with who wins IC or who gets voted out. Those are things that might surprise the viewers, but the Ep titles never contain elements that cater exclusively to the audience's perspective, it seems to me. Anyone can win IC, so Jake winning wouldn't be a "surprise", per se, to the players. And the bootee wouldn't be either.

** EDITED TO ADD:

I neglected the cap that shows the group walking near the beach, with Helen wearing the immunity necklace. If this is them walking TO a challenge, obviously they already know immunity is at stake. So it couldn't be sprung as a second surprise at the RC, as I suggested above.

Still, it's odd that in this cap everyone seems to be wearing the same clothes as they are at RC, except Jake -- and he could have just doffed his gray shirt for the beach walk if he had the tank top on underneath it. Hmm...must think about this some more...

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Maybe they don't eat the spiders/scorpions"
Maybe the challenge is that family members participate (surprise)...and they think they are going to be eating live spiders and scorpions...they get blindfolded and Jiffy Pop switches to something edible and whoever eats first wins (another)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •