The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jenna_F 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-17-05, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenna_F Click to send private message to Jenna_F Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
This isn't really a bashing, so fanatics it goes.

Last night did anyone think that Probst was being a little hard on Jeff. I meen, Jeff had an injured ankle so he quit. Janu, sucked at the game, so she quit, yet all we here in regards to Janu is how she "underwent such changes". Also, the concept that Ian also quit was never even brought up, as if Ian wanting the Big Boys to accept him again was noble in some way.

I meen, when he was advertising casting calls for season 12, and he said "And if you don't think you'll quit if you break your ankle,", I felt like Probst was just being a jerk for no reason, now if he had been hard on all three that would of been different, but as it was, he basically singled Jeff out.

Did anyone else think this?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? strid333 05-17-05 1
   RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? Jenna_F 05-17-05 2
   RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? anotherkim 05-17-05 3
       RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? pmspml5 05-17-05 4
           RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? frisky 05-17-05 5
               RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? pmspml5 05-17-05 7
 S10 quitters JohnMc 05-17-05 6
   RE: S10 quitters Mo0 05-17-05 8
   RE: S10 quitters MargoChanning 05-17-05 9
   RE: S10 quitters Jenna_F 05-17-05 10
 RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? RealityMom 05-18-05 11
   RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? pmspml5 05-18-05 12
       RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? RealityMom 05-18-05 13
       RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? Brownroach 05-18-05 14
           RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? pmspml5 05-18-05 15
               RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? arturbars 05-18-05 17
           RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? RealityMom 05-18-05 16
               RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? pmspml5 05-18-05 18
 RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? RealityMom 05-18-05 19
   RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? Wacko Jacko 05-18-05 20
       RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? pmspml5 05-18-05 21
           RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff? Laurie 05-20-05 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-17-05, 00:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
Well, with my job, I am on my feet for majority of the day. My feet are also really messed up. (I wear arch supports inside my shoes because I have fallen arches.) Sometimes, it is bad enough that I'm limping a bit around the house at home. On the weekends, I tend to relax a bit and not be on my feet a whole lot, so my feet do feel better on Monday, but Friday, they hurt again.

This is in a completely normal situation, where I have comfy chairs and beds, and I eat normally, and I feel the pain building up in my feet.

I can understand Jeff. The chances of him recovering and being good enough to do well in challenges and work around camp are slim to none. He didn't quit. He just told his tribe that he was going to be pretty useless and if they wanted to keep him, at least they knew what they were getting.

Janu quit. Ashlee pretty much quit. Ian also quit. Jeff, I think, was different. Would you say Michael quit when he burned his hands in the fire? I would call these things injuries.

Three is the perfect number.

05-17-05, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenna_F Click to send private message to Jenna_F Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
exactly what was bothering me... Not only did he single one person out, but the one person he singled out was the only person with even a remotly legitimate excuse to quit.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-05, 04:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"

and he has had to have surgery on his ankle since the show, so obviously staying out there wasn't going to help it any. He makes his living doing physical activity, so I can see why he didn't want to jeoporidize that if he realized that he wasn't going to get any better. I had a really bad sprain once and it took weeks to heal. I can't having something like that required surgery out there in those conditions. There was no way he was going to be able to compete and win in the end. It was futile and foolish for him to continue.

I was less than impressed with Jiffy's dealings with Jeff and Janu and Ian last night. Ian and Janu were given "excuses" by Jiffo, but the one person who SHOULD have gone home, was made to look stupid. That was ridiculous. He's gotten totally full of himself and tried to become part of the game instead of commenting on the game.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-17-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-05 AT 10:07 AM (EST)

First, let me say that JP was not hard enough on Janu, Ian, or Ashlee who all asked to be voted out in my opinion - but I do not think he was to hard on Jeff.

First what he said at the end of last seasons show was "if you wont quit". He did not say anything about a broken ankle - leaving many of us to speculate about more than 1 quitter. Jeff did not have a broken ankle.

Second, Jeff had surgery on his ankle before the show - I have heard nothing about surgery after the show or since. Jeff would have brought that up right away if he had it. It is my opinion and from what we know about the "vacations" that Jeff was perfectly fine with in a week or so. I also think that JP gave him a harder time because he was so crutial to their tribe - his own tribemates said that Jeff was the only one that could beat Tom.

I have had a sprained ankle as well and there was no putting weight on it at all. Jeff was walking all over the place - yes he was limping but IMHO - not that badly.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
Bobby Jon said at the reunion show that Jeff has had surgery on the ankle since the show.

The world is my litterbox.

05-17-05, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
No - BJ actually said that "he has had surgery on that ankle" which happened 1 year before the show started.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-17-05, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "S10 quitters"
Did Jeff quit? Yes. He twisted his ankle. He should have stuck it out. I mean, we know that Ulong was going to be eliminated eventually. But Kim should have gone before Jeff. In the big scheme, it doesn't really matter because it's really only 3 days. But it is the principle of "quitting" versus being voted off.

Did Janu quit? Yes. If Koror had actually lost an immunity, then she would have been voted out earlier (unless Greg kept her around for his little plot that never unfolded). Janu lasted longer than she deserved to. However, I was glad to see her quit before Stephenie.

Did Ian quit? Are you kidding me? Of course not?!! It was the last immunity challenge. It was almost 12 hours in. It was basically day 39! Ian virtually lasted 39 days! Why is he a quitter? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on these boards.

Tom had already made a deal with Ian. The deal was either step down and he takes Ian, or risk losing and he takes Katie. Ian actually took the power away from Tom, and redeemed himself with both Katie and Tom. What Ian lost was around $15K to $25K (what does third place earn?). But in return he controlled his own destiny, regained the respect of 2 of his good friends, and still lasted 38 days. (I still think he made it into 39, though).

Ian is not a quitter. Cut and dry.

Mo0 427 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-17-05, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mo0 Click to send private message to Mo0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S10 quitters"
I view quit differently. I view it as not allowing your tribe to vote for you. Jeff and Ashlee, especially Jeff, still left their fate in the hands of their tribe. Any group of members could have decided not to vote for them just because they said to, and they could've stuck around. When Janu or Osten quit, they didn't allow that to happen. They just said "I'm done."

Ian didn't quit the game, but his brain sure didn't seem to be functioning.

-Mo0cow--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.

MargoChanning 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-17-05, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MargoChanning Click to send private message to MargoChanning Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S10 quitters"
I think Ian basically handed the million to Tom - and knew he was doing it. He knew that Katie had no chance at all against Tom. Ian had a better chance, but would have to go through the questioning at the final TC which he knows can get rough. I think he realized that he couldn't emotionally handle that and therefore handed the victory to Tom.

And in some ways, he kept up his end of the bargain with Tom. They agreed to fight it out at the end - and they did for 12 hours. Then Ian handed Tom the million and walked away. Let's face it, Tom wasn't about to come off that buoy. Ever. Heck, he'd probably still be there now! Ian looked at the possibility of staying up there for another 12 hours and still losing to Tom and decided to take fate into his own hands. It's all about deals by that point and he made his deal to give Tom the money.

Quitting? Definitely not in the same vein as Osten or Janu (who never should have been allowed to be on the jury) or those who have asked to be voted out. Strategic? Yes.

05-17-05, 10:53 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S10 quitters"
"Did Ian quit? Are you kidding me? Of course not?!! It was the last immunity challenge. It was almost 12 hours in. It was basically day 39! Ian virtually lasted 39 days! Why is he a quitter? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on these boards."

Ian stepped down from the challenge because he was feeling bad about having Tom and Katie mad at him, and him quiting like this might of seemed noble, except you know, he didn't do ANYTHING wrong.
As he didn't do anything wrong to deserve them getting mad at him, he was essentailly being a push over and quiting because he couldn't handle the emotional stress of the situation, and really, someone who lets Tom and Katie bully him into steping down like that IS a quitter, atleast in my mind.

RealityMom 560 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-18-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
I went back and listened to what Jeff Probst said and his words were to apply "if you will play with a broken ankle". I think Jeff (the contestant) was being made an example of because the producers don't want to see anymore quitting. So it seemed a lot of time was spent on the subject.
To be honest with you, in my opinion, asking Jeff why he left was something I didn't care about at this point. I'd completely forgotten all about it. I enjoy watching the Reunion when the questions I want answered, get asked. There's only one hour. I wanted to know a lot more about what happened in the most recent weeks- was there anything Tom could have said to get Coby's vote; the weakness and fingerpointing of the women, etc. etc.
This was a Survivor where two people basically had Survivor quit on them before they ever played. When Jeff left, he had a 1 in 14-17 ( I don't remember exactly when he left) chance of winning. He hadn't signed a multi-million dollar sports contract and wasn't going to get injections to relieve his pain. He's a very young guy who works as a trainer. If he thought he was putting his livelihood in jeopardy, then he didn't owe Survivor anything. Survivor didn't seem to worry about Wanda and Jonathan. I did feel very badly for Jonathan when Angie told him why she thought he wasn't picked. That seemed needlessly cruel.
I thought the whole quitting thing was time I would have rather seen spent discussing other issues.

05-18-05, 11:47 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
I'm sorry Mom - I have last seasons and this season on TIVO - NO WHERE did JP say "broken ankle" that I can hear.

05-18-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RealityMom Click to send private message to RealityMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
Maybe your Tivo cut off the last seconds of the Reunion. I just went back and right after the preview for Guatemala and information about eBay, Jeff tells potential contestants to apply "if you'll play with a broken ankle". It's right at the very end.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-05 AT 11:56 AM (EST)

Probst definitely said something to that effect near the end of this reunion show (not last season's). Whether he said "broken" or "rolled" or "injured" I don't recall, but it was clearly a dig at Jeff Wilson.

He seems to have it in for Jeff right from the start. In his pre-show interviews, Probst said that when Jeff applied, he teased him about shaving his body hair, and told him he was not going to be able to hack it out there.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

05-18-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
OK - then its this season - but he has it in for Jeff for the reasons I've stated above. When it came time to go on their "secret vacations" Jeff was fine. The picture I'm getting is that - he was not that injured at all and used it as an excuse to get off the show. Maybe that is why JP is being so hard on him.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
>OK - then its this season
>- but he has it
>in for Jeff for the
>reasons I've stated above.
>When it came time to
>go on their "secret vacations"
>Jeff was fine. The
>picture I'm getting is that
>- he was not that
>injured at all and used
>it as an excuse to
>get off the show.
>Maybe that is why JP
>is being so hard on
>him.
>

I get the same impression. He should have at least sticked it out for three more days and see how his ankle feels....

05-18-05, 11:57 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
Jeff Probst lets his true feelings show more and more every season. But I think Jeff's responsibility is to try to see that questions the viewers have get addressed- not air his own feelings for a contestant I bet most of us had forgotten all about.

05-18-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
I disagree - I think most people wanted to know just how bad he was hurt. If he wasnt that hurt then the outcome of the game could have been completely different.

05-18-05, 01:10 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-05 AT 01:11 PM (EST)

I think being a good and especially being a great Survivor requires more than just physical prowess. It requires heart and will. That's why Stephenie is so admired. Osten, on the other hand, looked liked he had all the potential but in the end, he didn't have the will to play. He's someone I don't need to ever see again.
We'll never know how the game might have played out if Jeff stayed on. Bobby Jon had both the heart and the physical ability. Maybe keeping Angie longer would have helped, too. I don't think that Jeff had the heart. Sure, he could have still gotten the coconuts but whether he would have made the difference in whether Ulong could have won some challenges is just speculation. No one would have liked Stephenie to last much longer than she did (even to win it all) than I would but from the way that Ulong functioned, Jeff, believing that he was at risk, might not have been enough to save them.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-18-05, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
Jeff was needlessly cruel to Jeff in my opinion. The guy had a 'broken' ankle. His team was short on people which meant that on every challenge however physically demanding Jeff would have had to compete on that ankle. He would of been in tremendous pain and he would've risked further damage. Not to mention he wasn't comfortable to begin with in the living environment. True Jeff did ask others to vote him out but not everyone did did they? So Jeff didn't really quit anyways.

I found it hypocrital on Probst's part to go hard on Jeff but easy on Janu. He was a jerk to Jeff no question about it, but I am sure Jeff is a man enough to get on even with Probsts name calling.

05-18-05, 02:40 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
I'm sorry - but I have not heard from JEFF that he broke his ankle.
When JP asked him about quitting - it was a perfect opportunity for Jeff to say - "give me a break - it was broken of course I couldn't continue". That was not said - and I dont believe for 1 second that it was broke. I think that it is the rumor mill that has it broken and him having surgery. The surgery was before the show aired as Jeff himself talked about it. He was pretty much pounded by Jenna on Survivor Live and NEVER mentioned it being broken or having surgery - enough already.

Laurie 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-20-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Laurie Click to send private message to Laurie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Jeff being hard on Jeff?"
Too many quitters this season is the reason JP was hard on Jeff. Maybe he thought it best to go easy on the ladies?

As was said, it takes heart and will to play Survivor. Ankles get sprained, bug bites get infected, players get stung by sting rays, not all of them quit like Jeff did. IMO he was a wuss, just as much as Ashlee and Janu were. They all should have been made an example of by JP.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •