The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-17-08, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
Y'know that Million Dollar Password confrontation between Phil Keoghan and Julie Chen that taped back in August? It's about to air.

Tan vs. sparkle.
Travel vs. stay-at-home.
Normal human vocabulary vs. 'but first'.
Genius vs. stupidity.

I think we need an East Coast Spoiler Thread.

And I'd be saying this even if the next two weeks weren't the reality equivalent of a total vacuum.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... Sunny_Bunny 12-17-08 1
   RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... Estee 12-17-08 2
       RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... Sunny_Bunny 12-17-08 5
   RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... qwertypie 12-17-08 4
   RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... Molaholic 12-18-08 6
       RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... Snidget 12-18-08 7
           RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... newsomewayne 12-18-08 8
               RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... Estee 12-18-08 9
           RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... Sunny_Bunny 12-18-08 10
               RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... Estee 12-18-08 11
                   RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... vince3 12-18-08 12
                       RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... Sunny_Bunny 12-18-08 13
                           RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... vince3 12-18-08 14
                               RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... Sunny_Bunny 12-19-08 16
               RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... jbug 12-19-08 15
 RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... qwertypie 12-17-08 3
 Counting down... Estee 12-21-08 17
   After the first round, game 1 vince3 12-21-08 18
       RE: After the first round, game 1 Estee 12-21-08 20
       End of Game 1 vince3 12-21-08 22
   RE: Counting down... Snidget 12-21-08 19
       RE: Counting down... Estee 12-21-08 21
       RE: Counting down... mysticwolf 12-21-08 23
   You say Coma. Snidget 12-21-08 25
       RE: You say Coma. Estee 12-21-08 27
 RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... mysticwolf 12-21-08 24
   RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... vince3 12-21-08 28
 Vanity -- Estee 12-21-08 26
 100K and out. Estee 12-21-08 29
 Round 2! Fight! vince3 12-21-08 30
   RE: Round 2! Fight! vince3 12-21-08 31
       RE: Round 2! Fight! vince3 12-21-08 32
 RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... Estee 12-21-08 33
   RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... vince3 12-21-08 34
 Ohmigawd -- Estee 12-21-08 35
   RE: Ohmigawd -- Snidget 12-21-08 36
   RE: Ohmigawd -- vince3 12-21-08 37
 On a side note mysticwolf 12-21-08 38
   RE: On a side note Estee 12-21-08 41
 RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: ... mysticwolf 12-21-08 39
 I'm sorry, Phil. Estee 12-21-08 40
 The fuzzy rules of M$ Password Sunny_Bunny 01-05-09 42
   RE: The fuzzy rules of M$ Password anotherkim 01-05-09 43
       RE: The fuzzy rules of M$ Password Estee 01-05-09 45
   RE: The fuzzy rules of M$ Password Estee 01-05-09 44
       RE: The fuzzy rules of M$ Password Sunny_Bunny 01-05-09 46
           RE: The fuzzy rules of M$ Password Estee 01-05-09 47

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-08, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
When they get to the Craig Ferguson, and the Norm McDonald shows, look for the bald sungod and the short bunny in the audience. We got in the VIP section right next to the podiums.

It was an accident really. We were in this huge line of people who had gotten tickets from VIP. The pages saw VIP on our tickets, and assumed we were friends of the guest stars, and seated us in the plum section. No one bothered to check after we sat down, so we simply kept our mouths shut and enjoyed 3 tapings.

12-17-08, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
You were close enough to Norm McDonald to potentially silence him forever and you didn't do it?

Hmph.

I suppose you can't tell us how badly (and deservedly) he lost, either.

12-17-08, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
I will tell you this; the Craig show is the better of the two. His tongue was lolling on the floor because of his partner... a former playboy bunny.

After the show airs, I'll tell you the behind the scenes story. But for now, I'll keep my mouth shut.

As for Norm - we were sitting next to his son, so I couldn't go into Monty Python Bunny mode.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-08, 10:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
Can't wait!

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-08, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
...so we simply kept our mouths shut and enjoyed 3 tapings.

Wait just a minute for a second here -- you mean to tell me that these shows use the same audience?! I thought everything on TV was just like real life!

</sarcasm>

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-08, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
Why change audiences when they tape them back to back to back.

I did like a few interviews I've heard from stars that used to be on the celebrity-filled game shows back in the day.

Back in the day of the liquid lunch. No wonder Friday's shows were always wackier than Monday's shows.

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-08, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
That's odd. The only thing Slim Fast did to me was leave me hungry.

12-18-08, 04:05 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
But did it leave you hungry for Brett Somers?

12-18-08, 04:23 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
With us, we were seated next to Norm's son and some family members of production for the Norm show. During the second taping, we were moved closer to the stage because the comedian who works the crowd during breaks in the action liked how animated we were.

Said animation was mainly me trying to keep Ra from "helping" people get the words. He could barely contain himself a few times - he deemed Sereena Williams the worst idea for a celebrity guest EVER. LOL

So for the Craig and Shatner shows, we are in the second row in front of them.

They came out to California for two days only, so they did 3 tapings a day. We were told when we stood in line to expect 1 bathroom break over 4 hours. Many people left the line after that announcement, and some went out after 2 hours and never came back.

I'll save the stories from the shows till after they air, but I can say that Regis is all about "get er done!" He hates anything that slows down production - especially tech snafus. And heaven help the guy in charge of the teleprompter if he gets something wrong. hahahahahahhaha

As for the Shatner show, I think a liquid lunch might have helped. *snicker*

Ra and I love going down to watch tapings. (him being a writer and me an acting geek since HS days, it sort of fits us) It's free, and a great way to go down below for dinner and a taping. We did some pilot stuff in the spring, and The Big Bang Theory in September.

12-18-08, 09:45 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
The audience is very hard to see: the redlight over the seats makes it nearly impossible to pick anyone out. (The only time it was even briefly muted was when one contestant's husband was signaling her to stop.) Trying to play Spot The DAW turned into a lost cause about five seconds in.

Shatner was very, very -- 'bad' is so weak a word...

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-08, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
Horrific?

12-18-08, 10:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
heh. I'm not saying a word till I get to relive it in an hour.

But I did say a liquid lunch would have been a GOOD thing, didn't I?

12-18-08, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
I think Bill had a 3-martini lunch before the show!

12-19-08, 10:12 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
Actually, I don't believe he had a liquid lunch. I think (and Ra agreed) that he wasn't the best candidate to do this game, and he played the clown in order for the audience to laugh with him rather than AT him.

His biggest problem was that he failed to understand the use of inflection or the simplest word possible. He seemed to want to set up every word with a list of words, when a simple inflection and the most common denominator would have worked better. Unfortunately, when he was given clues, he seemed to think it was part of a set up as well.

When we get to the Sereena Williams show, you will see the same thing, just not as entertaining.

As for the tripping. The center of the floor is a circle that rises up for the Million $ round. A lot of people were tripping over the lip - and a lot didn't like being on that circle when it lifts up.

Of the three shows, this taping was the most uneventful. The other two we watched, however, made us question the "rules" of the game. But I will save that for the next show.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-08, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
I saw a bit of the Shatner show last night.
For may part? He made for some good entertainment -
for a show that would otherwise have been very boring.

Santa is shakin! bobblin! Thanks Tribe!

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-08, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
Sparkle? Oh, glitter. I thought for a moment you were talking about personality.

Now I guess I have to svck up to my mother since I don't have cable and won't get it.

12-21-08, 06:24 PM (EST)
17. "Counting down..."
And for this, the Jets just might get off the air on time: a mere 7:28 to go, with thirty-seven minutes to play it out in.

If Brett ties this up, Breezy's getting him back in a box.

12-21-08, 08:07 PM (EST)
18. "After the first round, game 1"
Both teams are tied 6-6

Time to switch celebs!

12-21-08, 08:14 PM (EST)
20. "RE: After the first round, game 1"
Okay -- how many people saw 'runway' come up and yelled 'Project!'?

So far, neither one is all that great -- or all that horrible. Julie's studied up on what she has to do, but she's also gotten some easy clues -- and the female contestant is really bad at both sending and receiving.

More points scored with Julie (not code), so she'll take the first bonus round. We'll see if the program keeps running.

12-21-08, 08:15 PM (EST)
22. "End of Game 1"
The contestant that Phil started with wins with Julie at the end 12-11!

Julie gets to be with him in the bonus round, and will receive the clues from him.......

12-21-08, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Counting down..."
I think Phil's overthinking things a bit.

21. "RE: Counting down..."
I blame the jacket.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Counting down..."
Just a bit. That and taking every clue as though none had been given earlier.

(I'd suggest we should move this thread, but the Non-Reality Show forum where we could talk about stuff like this seems to be missing in action. )

12-21-08, 08:22 PM (EST)
25. "You say Coma."
I say Comma...

12-21-08, 08:23 PM (EST)
27. "RE: You say Coma."
let's call the whole thing off!

12-21-08, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
Would semi-colon have been a legitimate clue? I think so, but I'm not certain. Would have been closer to comma than coma, at least.

12-21-08, 08:23 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
if they had it listed as that, no. If they had it as semicolon, yes. Hyphenated words aren't allowed.

How many of us were screaming something along the lines of "Golden" "Power" "Of" for Veto?

12-21-08, 08:22 PM (EST)
26. "Vanity --"
-- fail.

Meeting Phil & Julie: one airplane ticket.

Winning the game: up to $1,000,000

Nearly losing everything because you don't want anyone to see you wearing glasses on national television: priceless.

12-21-08, 08:32 PM (EST)
29. "100K and out."
I can't blame him -- 'pomegranate' and 'default' are scary options on that list, and they just barely pulled out the last two on the final words. He could have one of the pair missed, but both would have sent him on a major tumble. Too big a risk.

12-21-08, 08:34 PM (EST)
30. "Round 2! Fight!"
Here we go again.

12-21-08, 08:39 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Round 2! Fight!"
This time the contestant that Phil started with leads 9-7....

12-21-08, 08:44 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Round 2! Fight!"
The guy got 5-5 with Julie to lead 14-11, then the lady gave clues to Phil who froze and they didn't get a password.

Since he got 9 with Phil, and 5 with Julie, he should be doing the bonus round with Phil, but we'll see.....

12-21-08, 08:45 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
Either this is the most solidly-written program in Chenbot history or the fix is in. Phil completely fell apart on that last round -- disintegrated to a degree I didn't think possible with him.

12-21-08, 08:52 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
I think it just might be Phil.

So far in each bonus round, if he gets flustered, he's dead for a good 20 seconds or so afterwards.........

12-21-08, 08:52 PM (EST)
35. "Ohmigawd --"
-- they killed Phil!

Those bastards!

12-21-08, 08:53 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Ohmigawd --"
Poor Phil.

He is so adorable when he is being tortured.

12-21-08, 08:54 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Ohmigawd --"
Regis was at least kind enough to throw water on him, even though Regis mainly missed....

12-21-08, 08:55 PM (EST)
38. "On a side note"
I am flipping freezing. It's sub-zero here, my hair is wet, and my hands and feet feel like 4 blocks of frozen ice. Brrrrrr....

12-21-08, 09:02 PM (EST)
41. "RE: On a side note"
Wrap up and set something on fire. Phil's ego should be crumpled enough to make good kindling.

12-21-08, 08:57 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Talent vs. total incompetence: 8:00 p.m. CBS Sunday"
COTTON!

12-21-08, 08:58 PM (EST)
40. "I'm sorry, Phil."
You are the weakest link. Goodbye!

A reason he hosts, indeed.

01-05-09, 00:08 AM (EST)
42. "The fuzzy rules of M$ Password"
Ok, Estee, here is the story I couldn't tell you till the show aired.

The show with Craig and Sarina Williams was the second of the three shows we saw. The first was Norm and whoever. Anyway, on the Norm show, the contestant got to 25K, but botched the 50k round. Buh bye, thanks for playing. NEXT!

However, on the Craig show, everyone on the show was dragging their tongues over the 2nd contestant - a former playboy bunny. She did really well, and had a good vibe going with Craig and they got to the big round. She got to 25K, but botched the 50K round. They took a short break, and then Regis explains that there is a rule that if a contestant botches the 50k round they can have a do-over. So, they get their do over, but she still botched it up.

Funny how that rule showed up for the bunny, but not the guy in the first show.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-09, 01:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: The fuzzy rules of M$ Password"
wonder how they would have announced the do-over?

i think that it's a sort of stupid rule that you have to wait for a clue before you can give another answer. that would be really difficult for me.

Kimmah Says
--serena and her first partner tonight sucked wind, didn't they? that hurt to watch.

01-05-09, 07:52 AM (EST)
45. "RE: The fuzzy rules of M$ Password"
i think that it's a sort of stupid rule that you have to wait for a clue before you can give another answer. that would be really difficult for me.

I hate that one too. It's punishing flashes of insight.

serena and her first partner tonight sucked wind, didn't they?

Serena was one of the strangest celebrity partners I've ever seen (including GSN reruns). It was as if she couldn't remember how to play for more than two words at a time -- and she went on some really weird tangents.

'Brady Brunch'?

01-05-09, 07:45 AM (EST)
44. "RE: The fuzzy rules of M$ Password"
Funny how that rule showed up for the bunny, but not the guy in the first show.

No accusations of favoritism towards the bunny, thankee. I think we're still at that stage of the show where the producers are ironing out the rules. (Note the new 'safe' zone at $250,000, placed there to make sure people go for the jackpot.) Was there any major difference between the Norm botch and the bunny botch? If it was one of those things where the judges hit the buzzer too soon -- i.e a single word that sounds like a double -- then a second try makes sense.

01-05-09, 02:12 PM (EST)
46. "RE: The fuzzy rules of M$ Password"
No, there was no difference between the Norm botch and the bunny botch. No quick buzzer finger or anything like that.

But the "ironing out of rules" I find a bit hard to swallow. Why would the rule be ignored for the first taping and then miraculously turn up about an hour later during the second taping? Oh, we forgot that one? lol... more like, "Craig likes her, they have great chemistry, and she's a former bunny - lets give her another go!" lol

01-05-09, 04:05 PM (EST)
47. "RE: The fuzzy rules of M$ Password"
I thought Craig and the lawyer made the cuter couple.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •