The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Penny/Ted in Final 4??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-17-02, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
"Penny/Ted in Final 4??"

In this frame from survivorfever.net, we see Penny and Ted with only FOUR torches in the background. Could this be from a later episode, giving us two of the Final 4??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4?? tribephyl 11-17-02 1
   RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4?? MatineeIdol 11-19-02 24
 There's a least fifth torch on the ... SurvivorBlows 11-17-02 2
   Have to disagree. Rain Crow 11-18-02 5
       RE: Have to disagree. Loree 11-18-02 6
       RE: Have to disagree. SurvivorBlows 11-18-02 7
           RE: Still have to disagree. Rain Crow 11-18-02 8
               RE: Still have to disagree. SurvivorBlows 11-18-02 9
                   Agreed! Rain Crow 11-18-02 11
                   RE: Still have to disagree. mistofleas 11-18-02 14
               I'm with RainCrow tribephyl 11-18-02 12
                   RE: I'm with RainCrow Rain Crow 11-18-02 18
       RE: Sookies torch colors (as seen i... PhoenixMons 11-19-02 22
           RE: Too good to be true :( PhoenixMons 11-19-02 23
               RE: Too good to be true :( Rain Crow 11-19-02 25
 RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4?? Yogi 11-17-02 3
   Calendar closeup SurvivorBlows 11-17-02 4
   RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4?? GuessItRains 11-18-02 10
   RE: Braid TXlady 11-19-02 20
 Count The Torches Again samboohoo 11-18-02 13
   RE: Penny's Braids spacey 11-18-02 19
       RE: Penny's Braids ulalame 11-19-02 27
       RE: Penny's Braids Helenwins 11-20-02 34
   Agree Q 11-19-02 21
 RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4?? Seyz 11-18-02 15
   The vidcap is from Ep8 SurvivorBlows 11-18-02 16
 Item on ground = non-torch big idiot 11-18-02 17
   RE: Item on ground = non-torch ivoryElephant 11-19-02 26
 Shot From Episode 10 samboohoo 11-20-02 28
   RE: Shot From Episode 10 SurvivorBlows 11-20-02 29
       RE: Shot From Episode 10 samboohoo 11-20-02 30
           RE: Shot From Episode 10 Q 11-20-02 32
 RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4?? toddE 11-20-02 31
 another twist on the calendar pancho 11-20-02 33
 RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4?? jsanb 11-22-02 35
   RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4?? AresMars 11-23-02 36
       RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4?? jsanb 11-26-02 37
 RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4?? Speedy 11-26-02 38
   RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4?? xrunner 11-26-02 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-17-02, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4??"
My first reaction was the same as your's, coybowroo. Although it is not unheard of for the "crack" MB editing staff to include footage from later(and earlier) episodes to convey a message, or mood in the upcoming episode. I wonder if this is just a little too convienient.

And not to mess with the tragectory of this thread, but, I am deciding to re-re-post the picture of Paratroopers F5. Because, with only 2 folks left to vote out until then it is getting a lot easier to identify them.

3 women on the left, which would imply that Helen, Jan and Penny are all in F5, with 2 men. Clay and Ted.

So, cowboyroo, it very well could be a shot from a future episode. And Penny has outlasted Jake and Brian, "for sure". Plus, someone other than Ted and Penny were voted off the night before, the cave shot you posted. Sure looks good for Penny.

MatineeIdol 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-19-02, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MatineeIdol Click to send private message to MatineeIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4??"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-02 AT 05:57 PM (EST)

When I look at that picture I see Clay and Brian. The taller figure seems to have an outline of wavy hair - especially on the top left side of their head. Only Brian's hair would have that much of a wave (and Ted is bald).

The three women pictured appear to be wearing long (ceremonial?) type robes or skirts. Didn't the Survivors participate in some sort of temple ritual when they first arrived at the islands (before the game even started)? Could this possibly be a shot from that event? The reason also I say this is when I look at the pic of the woman in the middle I keep seeing Erin's bobbed hairdo...

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-02, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "There's a least fifth torch on the ground..."
I noticed the same... but there's at least a fifth torch on the ground -- it's clearer when I looked at an actual size digital vidcap:

-SB

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-18-02, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Have to disagree."
Rarely do I disagree with you Webby, but check this out.

In the above photo, the 8 torches are leaning against the rock and some long sticks are lying on the ground underneath. Note also the round rock on the ground to the left of the torches and the angles of the rock faces. Unless I am mistaken, there are 2 silver torches and 6 gold torches. Compare them to the next vidcap:

The 4 torches have been moved slightly to the left of where the 8 were placed. They have been moved somwhat, but the rock is still there and so are a couple of the sticks on the ground. There are now 2 gold and 2 silver torches.

Unless there is a torch out of sight, then I think we are seeing the final four torches...which means Penny and Ted are hangin' in there.

I don't think we ever figured out if everyone uses a "personal" torch, or if they just grab one and go to TC. Now is when this would be a big help...and I have to admit that I am no help on this last question. Anybody else been keeping track?

"Onward Thru the Fog"

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-02, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Have to disagree."
Yes, I want to know who has the 2 silver torches. Anyone know?

11-18-02, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Have to disagree."
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-02 AT 12:31 PM (EST)

Well, when I was watching the digital feed it seemed pretty clear to me what was a bamboo pole and what was torch -- and the fifth thing on the ground was the torch not a bamboo pole. Note the lack of "seams" (whatever those things are called) and the very narrow width of the pole on the ground -- it's different than the other stuff that's behind Penny in the below image

Compare the below and I think it's pretty clear that isn't even the section of cave wall behind them.

-SB

11-18-02, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Still have to disagree."
>...it seemed pretty
>clear to me what was
>a bamboo pole and what
>was torch -- and the
>fifth thing on the ground
>was the torch not a
>bamboo pole. Note the
>lack of "seams" (whatever those
>things are called) and the
>very narrow width of the
>pole on the ground --
>it's different than the other
>stuff that's behind Penny in
>the below image

Maybe so, but I remain unconvinced that it is a torch. I believe there is enough respect for torches that they would pick one up that had fallen down. At least I have never before seen them lying in the dirt. Besides, it looks very much like the slender pole (which may or may not be bamboo) that is seen with some obvious bamboo poles between Ken and Erin. Note that it also extends past Ken's right hip and almost all the way to the cave wall in your vidcap below.

>
>

>Compare the below and I think
>it's pretty clear that isn't
>even the section of cave
>wall behind them.

Here is a comparison between the two vidcaps where I have placed arrows at only three of many identical features. Looks like the same cave wall to me.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

11-18-02, 01:49 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Still have to disagree."
I'm not going to insist that the pole on the ground is a torch, I'll see if I can get any better closeups when I'm home tonight, but I have two comments:

1) As to your "respect for the torch" mention, I really think you're reading too much into Burnett and Jiffy's pseudo traditions, these people don't even leave the cave to go to the bathroom, I find it hard to believe they'd be holding their torches in such reverance.

2) I don't think we can assume all the torches are in one location. If you look at the below vidcaps I took back during the early episodes, you can see that it looks like at least Jan might have been keeping her torch in another location:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3037.shtml

I simply look at it like this -- which is more likely: ...that Burnett accidently slipped a scene from Ep13 into the previews for Ep10, that the last of the pagongong didn't happen, and that everyone keeps their torches huddled together in the same location, or that this scene is from the proper episode and for whatever reason 4 of the torches are together and the rest are elsewhere.

I consider the later more likely. Even if that isn't a fifth torch on the ground all we can say is that there are 4 torches in the image -- it doesn't mean there are no other torches elsewhere.

-SB

11-18-02, 02:21 PM (EST)
11. "Agreed!"
I am on the same track with you on your latest post. I just like to wring out every possible spoiler!

LOL about the whizzing in the cave/respect for the torches comment!

BTW, I do find it interesting that your earlier speculation on the value of torch colors might actually bear some fruit in these last episode if we can only confirm personal torches. I have seen no personal touchs or decorations on the torches so far, so, I have my doubts, but I will be watching the next couple of episodes more carefully.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-02, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Still have to disagree."
One thing to consider as well is that SK had 4 people before Erins boot. They hadn't merged yet so most likely they kept their torches seperate. CG's togethers SK's together. Just in case they are personalized in some way (or whatever) they wouldn't mush them altogether until after the merge. Who wants to not only have to go to tribal council but have to sort through the large group of torches to find your own.

--just wanted to through that out there

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-02, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "I'm with RainCrow"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-02 AT 02:28 PM (EST)

I mean no disrespect SB.
I also believe that the stick on the ground is just that, a stick...not a torch. If for the only fact that, the survivors are a lil more careful with their torches. They are usually full of fuel. If one of them noticed the torch spilling out onto the sand , I suspect they would pick the torch up and right it. And from what I can tell from all of the lovely caps you both have displayed, the "stick" is much less vibrant. Or much more of a natural "bamboo" color than the shimmering gold or silver color of the torches.

I do have to conceed to the fact that; even if the shot is of only 4 torches (with 1 or 2 kept elsewhere)it doesn't necessarily mean that the shot is from F4.

Yet, we should keep it in mind, that the possibility is out there, and perhaps both Penny and Ted make the F4.

Edited to add: Darn, RainCrow, you posted your retraction, just as I was posting my agreement with you. Oh well.

11-18-02, 07:01 PM (EST)
18. "RE: I'm with RainCrow"
Not really a retraction at all...just an agreement with Webby on certain parts of the discussion. I mentioned in my original post that another torch could be just out of view. Also, there is no other evidence to prove this is a final four vidcap. Even Jan's calendar scratches are hard to read. I agreed that I may have been overly confident that their torches would have some emotional value that would preclude them being left lying around on the sand and whiz.

I still think the thing on the ground is a stick, maybe even bamboo with very smooth nodes. But I agree that it does look very smooth and lacks the normal bumpy nodes frequently seen on bamboo. I can see where some people might believe it to be a torch handle.

As I mentioned, I like to really explore spoiler clues that look especially good...like this one. Sometimes I tend to get really deep into the analysis and overlook other aspects that may have bearing. I think SB is just trying to curb my enthusiam a bit since we need more evidence to confidently place this as a final four vidcap. I think the give and take discussions we often experience on this board is extremely valuable...a real mental exercise that often yeilds unexpected results as a result of the "additive mind power" available.

Let's keep looking. As the number of survivors gets smaller, the smallest bit of evidence can take on great significance.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-19-02, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Sookies torch colors (as seen in ep. 7)"
I was reading this thread earlier so I decided to dig up and analyze the two episodes I have taped (last week's and the Shii Ann boot). I watched Ep. 7 (Shii Ann boot) but I didn't yet get a chance to watch last week's for comparison - I will as soon as I can get my baby girl to go to sleep

From ep. 7, we can determine two things: the color of everyone's torches (at least for that episode, so that wouldn't help much if they do choose randomly each time) AND that the survivors are seated in the same order as their torches are shown behind them. The only torches that are shown in hand are Shii Ann's and Erin's. Shii's is silver and Erin's is gold. However, they are shown placing their torches in the last two slots, which is the same order in which they are seated at TC (Shii's torch is behind her, Erin's behind her, etc.)...which leads me to believe that the other three torches/survivors are also in order. There were 3 silver torches and 2 gold. Erin and Ken have the gold torches. Shii, Penny, and Jake have silver. I can only assume that this is the arrangement for each TC (seating = order of torches).

I just wanted to post this now (before I get to watch the other show) in case anyone else can verify this with any tapes they have so we can see if the colors/torches are indeed the same throughout or if they are randomly chosen each week (that seems HIGHLY unlikely as the torches are a symbol of each person's life).

Another thing, I did a yahoo search earlier today for "survivor torch silver gold" to see if I could find anything...well an old post from Webby appeared and here is the link to it: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3006.shtml
I have no idea whether this has later been retracted, but he establishes a color for each Chuay Gahn member. I'd be interested to see what anyone with tapes of any of the first 3 episodes would be able to find out.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-19-02, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Too good to be true :("
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-02 AT 04:12 PM (EST)

Well, just finished going through ep. 9 and it seems pretty clear that the torches ARE chosen at random. In the "last week on Survivor" intro, we are shown Erin getting her SILVER torch snuffed out. Ep. 7 her torch was clearly GOLD (she is shown placing her gold torch into its position).

This time we have 3 silver, 5 gold. The silvers are Brian, Helen, and Jake.
Helen and Jan are the only ones shown with/near their respective torches. When they are seated, they actually sit in the wrong seats (wrong meaning, not in order as they came in, like everyone else), so they are not in line with their respective torch (everyone else is).

I was REALLY hoping there was something to this, but it appears there is not. Erin's torch was clearly visible (in her hand) in two different shots (one from ep.7 TC and other other from ep. * TC) and she has two different torches.

Bummer!

11-19-02, 05:35 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Too good to be true :("
Thanks PM. I must admit that I am dis-uh-poin-ted. I would guess that this is the first Survivor where people didn't personalize their torches. Maybe that is why there is so much bad ju-ju this season .

"Onward Thru the Fog"

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-17-02, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4??"

If you look between Penny and Ted you can see Jan's calendar.
It looks like its Day 29. E10 would be from days 28 to 30.

Anyways, I think these numbers/dates are right.

11-17-02, 08:23 PM (EST)
4. "Calendar closeup"
Here's a calendar closeup:

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-18-02, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4??"
Good find Yogi! Of course, I suppose that it could be Day 34 (when there would be 5 left) and that really is a fifth torch on the ground, but Day 29 seems to me far more likely, for the reasons Webby has already said.

I don't know where the other three torches are at this point, but it clearly isn't a scene from Day 37.

TXlady 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-19-02, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TXlady Click to send private message to TXlady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Braid"
I French braid my hair all the time by myself. So it can be done, easily! Although in earlier episodes, Penny always had someone else doing her hair.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-02, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Count The Torches Again"
I have counted a bunch of times, and it could just be a case of tired eyes but here goes:

Look at SB's post (#7) and look at Rain Crow's posts (#5 and #8). If you count the torches by counting at the top of the torch, you get 8 torches. BUT, if you count the torches by counting the bottom, you get 9 (the top of the ninth is behind Ken).

Also, Erin is in the picture. Erin was booted in Episode 8. At the beginning of Ep. 8, there are 9 people left (4 Sookies and 5 Chewies). Thus, there would be 9 torches.

So, it is very possible that this is a picture of the final four torches, and Ted and Penny make the final four.

Another thing to keep in mind that kind of relates to this is that while trying to keep yourself in the game and eliminating the stronger people, you also try to keep the people in the game you would want to be up against in the end. Penny has been made fun of by the Chewies, and we know that they see right through her "charm." And of course, Ted got on Helen and Jan's bad side with the whole Ghandia incident. Then of course last week, he goes off on his little canoe trip. So it's very possible that Penny and Ted are 2 of the final 4.

Just my 5 cents. Fire away!

spacey 115 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-02, 08:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spacey Click to send private message to spacey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Penny's Braids"
As much as I hate to see her in the final four I think you are right Samboohoo.

I noticed Penny's braids are different. They are not french braided. I believe you need the help of someone else to french braid your hair and I don't think the men would be able to do this for her. I am thinking that she is the only women who made it to the final four. This would explain the ugly braids she has in the picture.

I hope I am wrong as I would love to see Jan or Helen make it all the way.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-19-02, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Penny's Braids"
It is possible for a person to french braid their own hair, so don't base your decision solely on that.

Helenwins 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-20-02, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Helenwins Click to send private message to Helenwins Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Penny's Braids"
Only Erin was subserviant enough to do Penny's braids. Helen would never stoop that low, so I don't think the messy braids indicate anything.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-19-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Agree"
I have been lurking the past few days because work is getting really crazy these days. But I have been thinking about all the posts, my gut feelings, etc.

I think these caps and the analysis of them are fantastick. You guys rock.

However, I see no reason here or anywere else for that matter to conclude that Penny does not make the final four. Jake will be the next SJ to go, not Penny. We all ASSUMED after the Shii incident that Penny would go because she was "outed" to the Chewies as a schemer. But after her initial "and obvious" sucking up to Brian/Ted/Clay she has swithced to be closer to the CG women regardless of the way they joke about her "cheerleaderness". Jake became the "infiltrator" not her. He will go while she will slip by. Then some faction on the Chewies (Ted and ??) will use her to eliminated some threats from within (Helen and Clay, IMO) and then low and behold she is in the F4. As to what happens then, who knows, but I think she will win.

Clay was at her Wedding and the Enquirer is not being sued (that we know) because there story is wrong, and the general public will be thrown off by that. Clay will be exorcised by Ted/Brian and that will cost one of them the game. We see the beginnings of that already, and Clays story line is gearing up to gear down, while Helens is already peaked.

Also as to Ivory's theory about not saying anything bad in Ep 1, Penny only commented (I think) about the good looking guys on her tribe, so did not really put down the other Team like the other SJs did.

It all seems to be falling into place for Penny to make the F4.

Well this is most likely total crap by the way, but I just am beginning to get this feeling about how the rest of the game plays out based on all the amazing posts here lately.

Never Let Them See You Bleed

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-02, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4??"

Here in this picture, we see Erin and Ken... makes me believe that this is after Shii Ann is booted.

There are 9 torches, and 9 people left in the game, leading me to think that they DO indeed keep on their torches together in the same place.

So the penny and Ted pick probably does show all the torches...
unless some people suddenly started to put their torches away from other people's torches.
Could happen though.. if there's a division somewhere.. say Ted defects to join Penny and Jake.. there could be a 4/3 split or a 4/2 split.. or something like that.. and they may not put their torches together because of rivalry.

But ah.. things do look good for penny and Ted. It almost seems like Ted may start becoming the swing vote and somehow save Penny.

11-18-02, 04:11 PM (EST)
16. "The vidcap is from Ep8"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-02 AT 04:14 PM (EST)

Just to clarify, the above vidcap is from the group of images that I took for the "Survivors and their sneakers" thread, and yes, they are from the beginning of Episode 8, from the scene of them returning from the BREATHING SPACE immunity challenge.

In fact, CBS has it's own image from this time period on their site:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor5/show/episode08/s5challenges.shtml

Just to play along here for a minute, six gold and three silver torches are clearly visible in the CBS image:

...two silvers are shown in the "4 Torches" image, do we know of Erin or Ken had a silver torch?

-SB

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-02, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Item on ground = non-torch"
Compare the photos Raincrow posted side-by-side in post #8 (9 torches on wall vs 4 torches on wall) (Great job Raincrow!) if you look at the "unknown stick/torch" underneath the 4 torches, you will see a similar item under the 9 torches. If there are suppose to be 9 torches in that photo and there is a "non-torch" on the ground under them, then I think it is safe to assume that the item in question under the 4 torches is a "non-torch" (it is practically identical).

I think this area is the "home" of the torches because of the way the cave wall is indented (I wanted to use "concave" but it gave me the pun-creepies) so the torches don't fall over. If so, then the Survivors are careful where they put their torches and lessens the chance of the unknown item on the ground being a torch.

Another support statement would be the absence of any vidcaps of a torch EVER being on the ground (I don't know if this is true, but if no one can produce a pic of a torch on the ground then I'd again assume that they ARE careful with their torches).

If all the torches are together when there are nine, I'd also assume that they are together when there are less. The calendar can prove that it is not when there are more (10)

The bow that wraps this up is the calendar, are there more angles? streaming video?

Of course, why would this have been released? That scares me. Perhaps they have gotten more digital-savvy than the "Gervase X"...but the evidence stands (for me) until it is debunked.

Great thread start Cowboyroo and great work by others.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-19-02, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Item on ground = non-torch"
When Thursday rolls around we will see this scene and it may explain why they don't all have their torches together.
This scene is from next episode.

"I got a kiss from Clay Jordan, oh my god am I queen for a day" - Helen Glover

11-20-02, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Shot From Episode 10"
Last night I watched my tape of CSI Miami and there was a commercial in there for this week's episode. I watched the commercial a couple of times, and I'm pretty certain that this shot is in the previews for this week's episode.

Penny is saying, "Oh my God" like maybe a reaction to the two people returning from their elephant trip.

Has anyone else seen this commercial or am I now seeing this stuff in my sleep?

Looks like MB played a nice little trick on us.

11-20-02, 10:46 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Shot From Episode 10"
> I'm pretty certain that this shot is
>in the previews for this week's episode.

Of course it is -- that's where I got the vidcap from.

The fact it's in the preview for this week's episode has never been in dispute.

...what's in dispute is whether just because the scene is shown in the preview for this week's episode, the scene will actually appear in this week's episode, and if it does appear in the episode, is it actually from the Day 28-30 timeframe that Episode 10 will cover (or is it slipped in from some future Day)

-SB

11-20-02, 02:37 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Shot From Episode 10"
Thanks SB. I thought maybe this was a clip from somewhere else -- like that clip of the 5 in the sunset.

I know I look like a real dumba_ _ right now -- that's what happens when I overanalyze things.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-20-02, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Shot From Episode 10"
I know I look like a real dumba_ _ right now -- that's what happens when I overanalyze things

LOL, Samboohoo, that is my native state around here, to overanalyze and end up looking idiotic. But its fun!

And besides I like to at least have a theory of my own (no matter how off-base and wrong it is, before, I become a lemming and follow the crowd.

Besides the more we question theories the more the good theories become clearer.

Never Let Them See You Bleed

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-20-02, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4??"
This is very interesting, and I personally think it's for real. My guess would be that MB decided to toss out a real spoiler, akin to Tammy wearing immunity necklace in Marquesas.

If it is real, I also think that they won't be in F2, or MAYBE Penny is, if Paratrooper's info is valid.

pancho 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-20-02, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pancho Click to send private message to pancho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "another twist on the calendar"
When does Jan mark the calendar?
Say Jan marks the calendar the night before - say before they leave for tribal council on day 33. Jan gets voted out an day 33 and the final four leave the calendar as it is. Or they come back after TC11 and mark the calendar one last time as a memorial for Jan.
My main thought is once Jan is gone will anyone continue with the calendar? It could be a final four picture.
pancho

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-02, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4??"
This photo was brilliantly planted my MB. This was last night with the other 3 torches on the other side of the cave. Another "spoiler" that turns out to be nothing.

Of course my thread was locked for trying to bring that point up.

Peanut Butter Jeff
"If you thought S3 was bad just wait until S5."

AresMars 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-23-02, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AresMars Click to send private message to AresMars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4??"
That's not why your thread was locked. First the title was misleading. It indicated that there were some "Real Spoiler" material inside and there was none. Second what was in your thread is on many other threads already and in an effort to keep the board organized the powers that be try to keep only relevant and unique postings around.
And before any argument starts, yes there are plenty of duplicate threads around but in some cases there is real value in the replys so the dup is left open and it is not up to us to question only try to help webby by practicing safe posting.

God Bless America

There are two types of people, predators and prey, and the sound you hear is the sharpening of my claws.

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-02, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4??"
Agreed that the title sucked. My point of trying to argue that there are not many "real" spoilers and that the pic of Ted & Penny was crap could have been better title and stated.

Peanut Butter Jeff
"If you thought S3 was bad just wait until S5."

Speedy 75 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-02, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Speedy Click to send private message to Speedy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4??"
Hi!

I am new around here..my friend told me about SB so I had to join!

I also think that MB planted that photo of TEd and Penny to make us think they were the final four..bad MB...But the torch number sure seemed to indicate final four

xrunner 65 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-02, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xrunner Click to send private message to xrunner Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Penny/Ted in Final 4??"
In reply two:
<I also think that MB planted that photo of TEd and Penny to make us think they were the final four..bad MB...But the torch number sure seemed to indicate final four>

During survivor 1, M.B. showed a video of a tribal counsel and digitally eliminated Rich and I think Sean from the video and making it appear that Colleen, Gervase, Rudy, and Kelly made the final four or (5).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •