The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Possible meaning behind the editing in the opening credits (something new)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-15-02, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Possible meaning behind the editing in the opening credits (something new)"
I know the opening credits have been discussed A LOT, but I thought this might be worth mentioning if only to say that I think the past talk of fire/water might not be what's really important.

I was just taping last night's Survivor for my husband (we're in Belgium and it airs the following afternoon and then again that night on our network here) and all of a sudden something caught my eye. It was Ted and Ghandia's pictures at first and then when i went back to replay it, I thought of a possible meaning. I'm hardly a spoiler and haven't paid attention to anything like this until this season (before I was just a big Survivor fan, now I like to look for little clues, too!), so this may or may not coincide with previous seasons' editing, but here goes:

By the way, I know most people tend to dismiss the opening credits spoilers, so I post this with that in mind.

Penny has very unique editing. She has that screaming monkey mask looking thing after her picture. But, she is also the ONLY person shown with a picture that does a zoom from one angle and then changes to another picture. Everyone else either has one or two stills that just switch with a simple change of frame and don't seem to reveal anything about the person. For Penny, in the first picture she is smiling (or at least looking sweet and innocent) and it zooms down (to the left, I believe...not that it's significant) to the second one which is Penny with a little smirk...very sinister looking.

Shii Ann, as we know has fire, since most everyone else has water, I think the fire means something, but obviously not the final three.

Brian has the fire and the star.

Ted has fire, but his picture also shakes. Ghandia's picture also shakes.

Here's what I gather from that.

The first three are or will turn out to be (in the case of Penny) the main characters. Brian is the narrator for CG, Shii Ann for SJ, and Penny, well...maybe she is the winner, maybe she is not, but I think either way she will definitely be a main character in the next couple episodes. The shaking images of Ted and Ghandia seem (to me) to symbolize the friction between the two of them (probably the worst in Survivor history...well, aside from nasty Sue and Kelly). That was a big part of the beginning of this season and a lot of people on CG seemed to have taken "sides" based upon that friction.

Basically, I think the opening credits don't really "spoil", rather they just say "these are the important characters" (for one reason or another). My guess is that the winner is most likely one of the three who are remaining from this group: Brian, Ted, or Penny (I hope not, but...).

Anyway, sorry so long. Just wanted to fully explain my thought processes/reasoning.

**btw, anyone wanna make my siggy transparent for me??? My gif program isn't working...boo hoo**

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Possible meaning behind the edi... dabo 11-18-02 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-18-02, 02:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Possible meaning behind the editing in the opening credits (something new)"
Very interesting and observant analysis of the opening credits. If you can explain what you mean by "transparent" I think IceCat can help with your sigpic.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •