The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tom's website"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Incognito9 1622 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-16-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Incognito9 Click to send private message to Incognito9 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tom's website"
Never thought I'd be posting the URL of a website of a contestant I previously didn't like:

http://www.tom108.com/home.html

But as I've said before, he really made a comeback in my book. Congrats again, Tom.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tom's website Ambassador9 05-16-05 1
 RE: Tom's website borkeesh 05-16-05 2
 RE: Tom's website DonnaLynn 05-16-05 3
 RE: Tom's website Loquatrix 05-16-05 4
 RE: Tom's website LibraRising 05-18-05 5
   RE: Tom's website pmspml5 05-18-05 6
       RE: Tom's website LibraRising 05-18-05 7
 RE: Tom's website JohnMc 05-18-05 8
   RE: Tom's website Wacko Jacko 05-18-05 9
       RE: Tom's website Creanie 05-20-05 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Ambassador9 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-16-05, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ambassador9 Click to send private message to Ambassador9 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tom's website"
I have always hated Tom. I'm sorry to hear you flippflopped.

borkeesh 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-16-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail borkeesh Click to send private message to borkeesh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tom's website"
Puuuuleeeze... yet another Tom lover ala Caryn.. I too am not taken in.. I too dislike the man!!!

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-16-05, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DonnaLynn Click to send private message to DonnaLynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tom's website"
Just for the heck of it, I ventured on over to the site and I dislike Tom more than ever now... UGH!

The whole site is nothing but pics of him with famous people... I really really don't like him...

I don't think we'll have a winner that is worthy of the prize since Ethan... I want Ethan back!!!

--Donna :~)

Loquatrix 640 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-16-05, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loquatrix Click to send private message to Loquatrix Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tom's website"
Doesn't make me like him any more than I do, which is not a lot.

I'm having trouble reconciling my feelings about Tom's win. While he's high on my list of Best Players (being clearly an extremely deserving winner as someone who planned and executed his strategy better than anybody else ever to play the game)... even so, he's way, way down my list of Favourite Players. And being GOOD at the game DOES factor into what makes someone a "Favourite" of mine, so you'd think this would move Tom up my favourites list.

But no. I just don't dig the dude. And his website creeps me out. I know everyone's homepage is an exercise in narcissism to some extent, but Tom's just seems to reek of 'Aren't I awesome.'

::grumble::

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-18-05, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tom's website"
I love the photo of him and Giuliani at a building collapse in Brooklyn. Some photos you just shouldn't be smiling in.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-18-05, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tom's website"
Boy - I thought it was around Sept 11 the way you said it. It could be completely possible that this "buidling colapse" was on that was done on purpose.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-18-05, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tom's website"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-05 AT 01:23 PM (EST)

Quite true. I just thought it was an odd title for the photo: '95 building collapse, or whatever.

I'm Tom neutral, btw.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-18-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Tom's website"

Sucks, but if you are a Tom fan then you'll like it as much as any other Survivor's personal website.

Tom as a player:

I'm sorry, but I like the guy. He formed an alliance at the beginning. He held it to the end. And it wasn't the alliance that carried him but also his survival skills and his success in challenges.

I would love to see Tom in All-Stars 2 (assuming that h3ll freezes and they ever concoct such a lame show idea again). I think he would be the best survivalist they've ever had. (I mean, Rob M proved that anyone, not just Rupert, can catch fish.) I think he has the ability to be the most cutthroat as we saw in his minor panic moments (such as "strong-arming" Katie and telling Ian what his deal in order to make F2). I like watching him play and would love to see him again.

The best thing about Tom is as he loses weight, he loses it proportionally across his body. In other words, he looks good as the game starts. As it progresses, (and if he'd take a razor for a luxury item) he looks even better.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-18-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Tom's website"
I like Tom. He won the game with as much integrity as you can have.

For some reason people loved Sandra but she was sabotaging the camp site and blaming others (a 'friend') in order to win the game. Other than Ethan he had the best integrity of any of the past winners in my mind. I am not sure if he lied once the whole time.

Creanie 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-20-05, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Creanie Click to send private message to Creanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Tom's website"
Liked Tom at the beginning, started hating him mid-way through when he got all pompous and was such a killjoy about the shower reward. Could not BELIEVE they didn't vote him off when they had the chance....it was obvious he had the potential to win every one of the IC's, haven't these people learned anything from previous shows???

Then the girls have the chance (twice) to do the women's alliance...and they blow it...but we won't go there because we're talking about Tom here.

OK, that said, after last week's show I decided Tom had to win. Neither one of the girls deserved it, they rode the coattails of the guys and didn't take control of the game when they could have. And IAN -- what can I say, his stupidity at the end was just laughable, from taking Tom on the reward to all the foot-in-mouth comments -- he was in the Final 3 by the skin of his teeth and the fact he built a better fire than Jenn.

But the thing that impressed me about our boy Tom is the fact that he stuck to his commitment to Ian -- even though Ian was his strongest competition and unbeknownst to Tom, was plotting against him. That combined with his strong game strategy, and I begrudgingly had to root for him.

But P.S. -- his website is just weird -- he tries to come off like a humble, "regular guy", but he just sounds like a pompous a$$. He's just one of those people that will never "get it" (think: Omarosa).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •