The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Misdirection, Episode 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-15-02, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Misdirection, Episode 10"
Wow, time is passing quickly....already at episode ten...anyways, just posting these for analysis....I'm stumped on most of it, so hopefully someone can give me/us a clue....

After being shocked by the vote at Tribal Council, one Survivor begins questioning a former ally as a secret plot is revealed.

Two tribemates return from a surprise trek away from camp with full stomachs and a suspicious gift.

Meanwhile, one tribe member preys on the fears of another in an attempt to gain votes and become the Sole Survivor.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10 SurvivorBlows 11-15-02 1
 RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10 katem 11-15-02 2
   RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10 Loree 11-15-02 3
   RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10 jkokoj 11-15-02 4
 RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10 samboohoo 11-15-02 5
   RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10 Boilermaker 11-15-02 6
       RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10 samboohoo 11-15-02 7
   RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10 dabo 11-18-02 8
       RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10 Drive My Car 11-18-02 9
 RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10 frisky 11-18-02 10
   RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10 jsanb 11-18-02 11
   RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10 Lolly 11-19-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-02, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10"
>After being shocked by the vote at Tribal Council, one Survivor
>begins questioning a former ally as a secret plot is
>revealed.

Ted is shocked about the votes he got (why... I dunno, but he is.) Apparently he finds out about Clay having directed Penny, Ken, and Jake to vote for Ted. Yawn.

>Two tribemates return from a surprise trek away from camp with
>full stomachs and a suspicious gift.

Oh no, not a suspicious gift... it probably as something to do with the episode's upcoming Immunity Challenge (like last season when they were given a pair of practice stilts, etc.)

>Meanwhile, one tribe member preys on the fears of another in
>an attempt to gain votes and become the Sole Survivor.

Well Jake spent a large amount of time trying to campaign for Brian's ouster and develop some fears within Clay -- sounds like a good fit to me.

-SB

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-15-02, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-02 AT 01:29 AM (EST)

>After being shocked by the vote
>at Tribal Council, one Survivor
>begins questioning a former ally
>as a secret plot is
>revealed.

BRIAN played all this brilliantly. I think Clay told Brian all about the plot to oust him and convinced Clay to tell Jake to vote for Ted.

Clay has now "betrayed" the suckies (in reality, not really, but he did lie to them) and Ted will find out from Jake that Clay told them to vote for him.

Brian is setting all of them up. Both Ted and Clay believe that Brian is playing for the endgame with them.

Jake also wanted to get rid of Brian because "HE IS A CLASS ACT". Jake considers Brian a shoo-in to win, if he makes it to the end.

Brian has positioned himself for a victory and these idiots don't even realize it. Helen's comments about the cars is pure misdirection.

Now the question is, is Brian in an alliance with Helen or Jan? OR BOTH?

I think he is playing brilliant.

>Two tribemates return from a surprise
>trek away from camp with
>full stomachs and a suspicious
>gift.

I think one of the guys is Ted. I think I saw his blue shirt on the elephant. But that's for the vidcap thread.

>Meanwhile, one tribe member preys on
>the fears of another in
>an attempt to gain votes
>and become the Sole Survivor.

BRIAN !!!!!

Could be Jake though.

(c) 2002 GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All rights reserved

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10"
If Jake could get Clay and Ted to have a talk about Brian, they might realize what is going on. Jake realizes that Brian is running the show and dangerous. Both Clay and Ted think they are in a final 2 alliance with Brian. If Clay and Ted ever find out that Brian is playing both of them... well, Helen already thinks Brian doesn't deserve the money.

And Clay and Helen sure seem to have become chummy lately.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-15-02, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10"
Katem: very good analysis and I agree. However, will all of this plotting bite Brian? Jake appears to know that Brian is pulling the strings and is strong. Will Ted accuse Clay of his backstabbing or let it ride and try and boot him? Where is Jan and Helen in this whole boys scenerio?

It all seems fairly straight forward. I still think the boot will be Jake. Why take out your own tribe and take a chance in someone defecting to the remaining SJ.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10"
For reasons already posted on the Episode 10 preview clip, I do think that it is Ted and Jake on the elephant.

Ted is shocked by the vote, Jake seizes the opportunity to prey on Ted's vulnerability. All along, we've been shown Ted, Brian and Clay hanging out together. We know Ted thinks he has an sure alliance with Brian. He was probably planning to keep Clay along for extra insurance, but we've seen Clay express some negative feelings about Ted.

Maybe the suspicious gift is something similar to the coral Colby brought back from his trip with Jerri to the Reef.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-15-02, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10"
The coral wasn't suspicious. It was just illegal and not appreciated by the rest of the tribe when others had brought food back in the past.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-02, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10"
My comment is based on Jake & Ted going on the reward challenge. I'm saying that any gift brought back by these two would surely not be seen as just a kind gesture, especially after the comments last night about Jake's Story Time and after Ted's Excellent Canoe Adventure.

From what I recall, everyone loved the coral, but Jerri felt that Colby had one-upped her. S2 was so long ago, but I don't remember food being brought back before Sean and Pappy did it, then it was nipped in the bud, which is why Neleh "at least brought back a mint."

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-02, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10"
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-02 AT 01:32 AM (EST)

>Maybe the suspicious gift is something
>similar to the coral Colby
>brought back from his trip
>with Jerri to the Reef.
>
Actually, from what we've seen, Jake has been trying to win over the CG, so the suspicious gift could be if he wins the RC and takes along a CG for his reward companion instead of Penny (sort of like how Sean tried to vie for Richard's favor in S1); these things are designed to play on the average viewer, you have to remember. If this is the case, Jake's ploy (or Penny's ploy) probably won't work to help him(her)self, but it could perhaps affect how things play out in the endgame.

What would be surprises here? Player by player:

Jake: taking anyone except Penny.
Penny: taking anyone except Jake.
Brian: taking anyone except Ted.
Ted: taking anyone except Brian.
Clay: taking Penny or Jake.
Helen: not taking Jan.
Jan: not taking Helen.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-02, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10"
It's possible, if it is a tight competition, for the winner to simply take whoever came in second. Then you don't reveal anything about who you are aligned with.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-02, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10"
"After being shocked by the vote at Tribal Council, one Survivor begins questioning a former ally as a secret plot is revealed."

I don't think this is Ted. I don't think he would be "shocked" at the vote. He had to realize there was a 1/5 chance that SJ would go after him.

I think the shocked one is Jake. He is shocked because Clay (his now-former ally) told him the CG's would be voting for Ted.

I think the idea of Ted freaking out about his 3 votes is just misdirection to make us think that he's going to whine himself out of the game. Betcha in the first five minutes of the show we'll see a little tidbit of "wow, I gotta tell you it was pretty scary for a minute there seeing my name come up, but I'm still here, and I'm in it for the long haul" - - that's about all this Ted business will come to.

Now, what is the secret plot revealed when Clay and Jake have their tete-a-tete?

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-18-02, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10"
I disagree, but who am I. I think that Ted is the one that is shocked, but has one of two reactions. He either gets over it with more "me" time in the canoe taking care of himself, or Clay is exposed,aand could be the target of a cross tribal alliance. If Jake is smart he'll tell Ted what is went down.

While I think Jake understands how well Brian is playing this game, I think all of CG thinks they are Brian's buddy.

Peanut Butter Jeff

Lolly 721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-19-02, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lolly Click to send private message to Lolly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: CBS Misdirection, Episode 10"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-02 AT 01:29 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-19-02 AT 01:29 AM (EST)

Frisky, if I'm reading the sequence of your scenario correctly, you believe that the vote at TC shocked Jake, prompting him to confront Clay, his ally, about Clay's deception re the vote, and DURING this tete-a-tete, a secret plot is revealed.

The wording of the CBS promo suggests to me that evidence of a secret plot prompted the confrontation.

I'm thinking that if there's a secret plot, Jake has figured it out because he was a central figure in the machinations.

OTOH, my thinking ain't always too good, because I'm a sucker for MB's machinations.

Edited to send a Howdy to PB Jeff.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •