The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Board Request"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-14-02, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Board Request"
There are 3 different threads for "Weekly picks by other sites", (Snewser, TDT, ABT) does anyone want to consolidate this into one thread next week (and make that a tradition)?, choose your own title (survivor sucks calls it "across the board picks", credit to Backpacker over there).

And FYI, Paratrooper picks Ken also.

Just a suggestion, BI

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Board Request Bebo 11-14-02 1
 RE: Board Request mistofleas 11-14-02 2
 RE: Board Request fivestarwheezy 11-14-02 3
 RE: Board Request MarquesanHunter 11-14-02 4
 paratrooper picks big idiot 11-14-02 5
   RE: paratrooper picks mistofleas 11-14-02 7
       lunch lady big idiot 11-14-02 8
 Disagree Bucky Katt 11-14-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-02, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Board Request"
I'll go along with whatever the consensus is on this.

My personal opinion:

- In the past, we've had some major discussions going on when some of the picks were more vague (like last week, when Snewser and Paratrooper). Amidst those sort of discussions, the actual picks could get lost. I'd rather not have to pick through 60 or 70 responses to find three picks.

- If they were all in one thread, it might be hard to know when the thread's been updated with a new pick. But seeing a new post announcing that X has announced its pick tells me pretty easily what's going to be in there. If we had just a generic thread, then when it's updated for a new message, it wouldn't be obvious whether it's a new pick or someone discussing an already-announced pick.

Just my .02.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-02, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Board Request"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-02 AT 03:01 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-14-02 AT 02:58 PM (EST)

While I think your request is understandable (and personally I don't care which way it's done) I think that there are enough people that like to make comments (praise, bitch whatever) on the individual sites and it could get too convaluted if there're all skamooshed together.

Like I said I don't care, but that's just my take on it.

--knows she wasn't really asked but is feeling opinionated today

edited to fix a typo

edited once again to add: Bebo is obviously much faster than me and said it much better. Bebo is the Queen!!!

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-14-02, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Board Request"
I have always liked to see each one separately, since I value the guesses of some more than others and I don't want to scroll through a long thread to see if it's been posted yet. It's usually just a quick 10 seconds to check the boards on occasion throughout the work day that makes it easier for me. But I realize it's not all about me, is it? I will go along with whatever the blue people have to say, and I do see your point in saving space. Want also to point out that each Spoiler posts his pick in a different way, some give need for discussion and others are just a blatant statement.

My vote is a new thread for each, with the name of the Spoiler in the subject line (ie: Paratrooper's Pick or ABT says) just to make it easier to find quickly.

Wheeeeeez

MarquesanHunter 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-14-02, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MarquesanHunter Click to send private message to MarquesanHunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Board Request"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-02 AT 04:07 PM (EST)

(survivor sucks calls it "across the board picks", credit to Backpacker over there).

~The Backpacker/MarquesanHunter

SurvivorNews Board
boot - Ken
Record for Survivor 5 ~ 6 / 8
www.survivornews.net/snn.php?sid=spoilers

True Dork Times
RC – Brian,Helen
IC - Penny
boot - Ken
Record for Survivor 5 ~ (17b3673d5c28fb72e7cc48549f489dd4)
www.truedorktimes.com/s5/spoilers/

SurvivorBlows Board
RC – Brian/Helen
IC - Helen
boot - Ken
Record for Survivor 5 ~ 5 / 8

Voted Off
IC - Brian
boot - Ken
votedoff.tv/

S.I.A.
IC - Penny
boot - Ken
www.thomassteele.com/npn/SIABanner.jpg

Realiiity.com
RC – Brian
IC - Brian
boot - Ken
www.realiiity.com/cgi-bin/forums/forums.cgi?category=1;t=surviiivor

MESS Hall
RC – Brian/Helen
IC - Penny
boot - Ken
Record for Survivor 5 ~ 4 / 8
pub124.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm11

EZ Board
boot - Ken
~ No Link For You ~

AcmeBrainTrust
RC – Brian/Helen
IC - Helen
boot - Ken
www.acmebraintrust.com/abt_f.php?kw=weeklypicks

SurvivorChatter
RC – Brian
IC - Helen
boot - Ken
pub128.ezboard.com/bsurvivorchatter

SurvivorBlows Members
boot - Ken
www.survivorblows.com/survivorblows/

Survivor Phoenix
RC – Brian
IC - Clay
boot - Ken
resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index&catid=&topic=4

The Collectiiive
IC -
boot - Ken

SurvivorCentral
boot - Ken (probably)
www.survivor-central.com/

SurvivorFever Board
boot - Ken
survivorfever.net/s5_predictions.html

Survivor Phoenix Resource Center
RC – Brian
IC - Clay
boot - Ken
Record for Survivor 5 ~ 3 / 8

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SurvivorBlows Poll (1000+ votes)
boot - Ken 30.6 % / Jan 24.9 %

SurvivorFever Poll (2500+ votes)
boot - Penny 29.9 % / Ken 26.3 %

CBS Affiliates Poll
boot - Jan 18 % / Helen 18 %

SurvivorThailand (750+ votes)
boot – % / %

CBS Poll
boot – Penny 35 % / Jan 25 %

SurvivorNews Poll
boot – Ken 47.7 % / Penny 17.9 %

11-14-02, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "paratrooper picks"
Apologies to DriveMyCar, I didn't see his Paratrooper thread, I posted the Para Pick in here because I didn't think it had been noted yet (so I guess there were 4 threads, not 3, my oversight)

Thanks to Backpacker for posting his/her composite picks here, perhaps the compromise would be to welcome Backpacker to post a composite thread here weekly and others can start individual discussion threads if they want.

Do people like that idea?

(p.s. to Backpacker, and I thought "backpacker" took over the thread in SS from MarquesanHunter, good to see it is the same person and probable founder, cheers to you. "Across the board picks" is my favorite thread at SS (95% of the other threads along with the posts are...well...com-post, but there is an occasional huge spoiler over there, just gotta wade through the dung heaps I guess)

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-02, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: paratrooper picks"
Apologies to DriveMyCar, I didn't see his Paratrooper thread,

Hey BI...Drive My Car is Ebug...who is also known as Buggy who is known as the lunch lady...who is a Her not a His.

Just thought I'd let you know.

--waves at buggy and runs back to OT

11-14-02, 04:16 PM (EST)
8. "lunch lady"
oops, sorry lunch lady.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-14-02, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Disagree"
I believe that each spoil deserves a thread - it gets too confusing otherwise. Perhaps a summary thread would also be in order after all the picks have been made.

BA

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •