The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Blah, Blah"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Weez 160 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-13-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Weez Click to send private message to Weez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Blah, Blah"
Is it just me, or is this season rather blah? In past seasons I had to check the board every day, or I'd wind up spending hours going through the posts. Now nothing seems to be happening. The only thing I remember from the last episode is the comment about not talking to "foreigners". There is no team we 'love to hate'. Even the family edition gave us more to talk about than these bunch of racers.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Blah, Blah Max Headroom 10-13-06 1
   RE: Blah, Blah Earl Colby Pottinger 10-13-06 2
 RE: Blah, Blah Neobie 10-15-06 3
 RE: Blah, Blah Cyndimaus 10-15-06 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-13-06, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Blah, Blah"
Yep, this season is shaping up to be pretty boring. While some teams are more likable than others, there is no real villain team and no team who stands out as someone to root for. Is it the casting of the teams? Could be, but I'm not convinced-- more drama would be good, but it's hard to predict that until the race is underway. Is it the places the teams have gone? Don't think so, they've been as unique as in past seasons. Too much bunching? Could be, but after the endless bunchosity that was TAR6, the producers have done better on that front.

TAR seems to have developed a case of "Survivor-itis", in that it's getting hard to keep the show fresh after so many seasons. Just as Survivor has recycled challenges for several seasons, TAR is recycling ideas from past seasons and it just isn't as interesting. So-called twists such as the Philimination of Bilal and Sa'eed mid-episode or having the teams start by going west instead of east just aren't making enough difference. So what's the solution?

(It certainly isn't going to teams of four and doing a family edition, that's for sure.)

I'd start by looking back at the early seasons before TAR won multiple Emmys. The show was fresh and unique back then, so how does one recreate that? Go back to clues instead of the watered-down instructions the teams get these days. Offer more choices on detours to make the show less linear, even if it does increase production costs by having to track more possible team paths in the same episode. Bring back the Fast Forward, which has not been seen at all in TAR10. For that matter, bring back the Yield, also missing this season. There has to be something to make it better.

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-13-06, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Blah, Blah"
First, I don't find the show boring, I am enjoying it fine.

I don't need a team to hate, and if there is a team to love they usually don't win anyway.

However, improvements are possible.

After watching Treasure Hunters it is clear that someone out there know how to write clues that are not just a simple set of directions.

More choices in detours? I don't know about that, but I do like when the two tasks are close enough to encourage switching tasks, then you never know where the teams will end up.

I am not a fan of the Fast Forward, but mostly because too often the tasks was too lame. The blood drinking for example was just a gross food eating task, but both hair cutting FFs told us a lot about the people who rejected them and took them.

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-15-06, 04:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neobie Click to send private message to Neobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Blah, Blah"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-06 AT 04:20 AM (EST)

Deviants from the faith! Burn them at the torch!

I agree on the teams. Diversity good, but that's kind of down the drain now. I would actually like teams that don't follow each other as much; gives us more to watch!

Good thing they saved the season with some pretty darn good locations and tasks. You gotta hand it to them for this one.

And yes (for the twenty-billionth time), more CLUES!

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-15-06, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Blah, Blah"
I am also enjoying this season. And I agree that there could be some improvements with clues and such. I did like the "listen to the clue" this time around. Since they were in a foreign country it added more challenge to it even when racers had their taxi drivers listen to the clue. (and it was great because the way the words were spelled and pronounced was different, especially if you didn't remember about how the "X" is pronounced.

We can only hope there will be improvements in seasons to come. But I'll keep on enjoying the race. You never know what will happen next and maybe it will be different than in the past.

siggie by ARnutz
bounced by Icey
Maus Musings

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •