The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-09-06, 07:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-06 AT 08:46 PM (EST)

Row, Row, Row Your Boat!

For last week's team averages, check out sittem's stats!

The teams stayed in Vietnam this week. They had to take taxi xabs through the dark of night only to wait until 5 am for the bus station to open. The bus took them to the roadblock, where they had to ascend a rocky cliff, then it was on to the detour of "over or under". They had to row their boats for these tasks and man did they suck at it! Just about every team had problems with that! This made for some surprises of placement in the leg.

Here is the order of the teams arriving at the mat:

1. Rob and Kimberly
2. Peter and Sarah
3. Tyler and James
4. Erwin and Godwin
5. David and Mary
6. Lyn and Karlyn
7. Dustin and Kandace
Philiminated - Tom and Terry

I'll be back later to comment, so have at it folks! This is the lvoe list, people! You know what to do.

ETA: OK! I've finally got a free moment to do my rankings, but now? I'vw forgotten many details of the episode, so I'll keep it short.

This week's ranking. Team Name (last week's ranking)

Like these teams. Hope they stick around:

1. Erwin and Godwin (1) ~ TEAM B2K: Love them!

2. David and Mary (4) ~ The Coalminer and his wife: They are growing on me each week. Kudos to Mary for hanging in there!

3. Dustin and Kandice (2) ~ TEAM BBQ!!!: Not a very good leg, ladies. Let's pick it up!

Tiny gap:

4. Tyler and James (3) ~ TEAM TMMT: Meh... they are the dullest team ever, plus they ain't really that cute for the supposed "model/eye-candy" team. *yawn*

HUGE gap. Can't wait for these ones to go home:

5. Lyn and Karlyn (5) ~ TEAM BFF:

6. Peter and Sarah (6) ~ TEAM Peg-Leg:

7. Rob and Kimberly (8) ~ TEAM SCREAM!:

Philiminated: Tom & Terry (7): Oh yeah! Glad they're gone!

halloween!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 Max Headroom 10-09-06 1
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 seahorse 10-09-06 2
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 dragonflies 10-09-06 7
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 Joools 10-09-06 3
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 Seana 10-09-06 4
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 flipxcyd 10-09-06 5
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 Peetah 10-09-06 6
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 buckeyegirl 10-09-06 8
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 beau_30 10-09-06 9
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 emydi 10-09-06 10
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 dabo 10-09-06 11
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 cheesybread 10-09-06 12
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 Wacko Jacko 10-09-06 13
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 tinybubs 10-09-06 14
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 michel 10-09-06 15
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 cahaya 10-10-06 16
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 sittem 10-10-06 17
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 CTgirl 10-10-06 18
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 CouchTater 10-10-06 19
 My List 10.4 VA Slim 10-10-06 20
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 warp_core breach 10-10-06 21
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 coolflowerpowerman 10-11-06 22
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 louislam 10-12-06 23
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 Avera... sittem 10-15-06 24
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 Avera... kidflash212 10-16-06 25
       RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 Avera... sittem 10-16-06 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-06, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
Vietnam, Part II

1. Dustin/Kandace (3) - In a physical leg tailor-made to weed out a weak team, they persevered despite an off day. What I like about them the most is their lack of complaining, even when faced with bad luck, draggings by horses, cut legs, etc. They continue to impress as much more than just two pretty girls.

2. Tyler/James (2) - While continuing to fly under the radar, these two are competent racers and likable enough during the rare moments they're on camera. Are they boring? Don't know, but Team Alpha Male is a strong team.

3. Erwin/Godwin (1) - Will these two ever get it? This leg was a good match for two young, fit guys, yet they meandered to a middle of the pack finish. I'm starting to wonder if this is Team Underachievement...

4. David/Mary (5) - I'm impressed with their grit and stamina, but Mary comes across as a real harpy at times. Like it or not, their departure is coming very soon.

5. Rob/Kimberly (4) - So their horrible bickering is due to his intensity? Makes sense, but they'd both better learn to handle it better.

6. Lyn/Karlyn (7) - I can't stand the attitude of these two; every time they're on screen, I wince in anticipation of the upcoming nasty comment about someone or something. They avoid last place only due to their surprising toughness.

7. Peter/Sarah (6) - Finally these two arrive at the bottom. Peter is obnoxious beyond compare and Sarah gets multiple demerits just for putting up with him, let alone dating him. Splitsville, here we come, probably on the mat at Philimination time.

Philiminated. Tom/Terry (8) - No surprise, another weak team bites the dust. This particular weak team had the added bonus of being unfun to watch. Begone!

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-06, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
1 Erwin/Godwin - They are not as competitive as Tyler/James
2 David/Mary - I hope they last a while but doubt they will
3 Tyler/James - still the team to beat
4 Dustin/Kandace - They don't quit
5 Peter/Sarah - Why are they still together
7 Rob/Kimberly - How did they come in first.
8 Lyn/Karlyn - They are so nasty

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-06, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
Hey seahorse, my fav # is 6.

a Seana original

smooches

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-09-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
1. Erwin/Godwin - I was hoping they'd have a better showing this leg, but I still think they're good racers if a bit inconsistent in their placings. Also, they're good people, which counts a lot to me.

2. David/Mary - I'm still loving how much they're enjoying the race and David kicked some serious butt ascending that cliff. Also I really like Mary's spirit and I love that she called Phil cute.

3. Dustin/Kandace - I have to say that they are very good racers and much tougher than I initially gave them credit for. I just don't like them as much as I like the teams above them.

4. Tyler/James - Much as I hate to root for the "young, hot, athletic guys" team since it seems so obvious they're going to do well, I do kind of like these two. I still don't want them to win, though.

5. Peter/Sarah - They were in a pretty good competition this leg with R & K to see who could screech at each other the most and the loudest. Thankfully, Sarah is starting to see Peter's true colors.

6. Lyn/Karlyn - They actually were doing rather well at the Detour until they fell apart while rowing the sampan. Regardless, I just don't care for them and hope they go soon.

7. Rob/Kimberly - The absolute last team I wanted to see win a leg. It can be kind of fun sometimes to watch some fighting couples disintegrate before your eyes but this isn't one of those couples. I want them gone.

Philiminated: Tom/Terry - Unlike so many others, I didn't despise these two. I do admit they were a weak team, though, so I didn't expect them to last much longer.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-06, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-06 AT 03:58 PM (EST)

Yay! We've got sittem back!

1. David and Mary (1): I love David and Mary. She didn't come here to quit, sprain or no sprain and he totally got the job done at the cliff.

2. Erwin and Godwin (2): I like them. I really hope that this week's 4th place finish doesn't indicate that they'll soon be running at the back again.

3. Tyler and James (3): I like their humour and they're competitive, but we are shown less and less of their personality.

4. Dustin and Kandice (4): They keep cutting in line. I have been impressed by them before, but their 'strategy' is starting to irk me.

5. Rob and Kimberly (6): Ew. Rob = ugly American. I'd have thought Kimberly was more like Kendra.

6. Lyn and Karlyn (7): One more "it's like childbirth" comment and they're going to find themselves in last place on this list.

7. Peter and Sarah (8): Good grief, he's a dreadful person. Me no likey. Her, on the other hand? Despite the fact that she say "I can't" a lot - a LOT - she gets it done.

Eliminated: Tom and Terry (5): I wasn't so impressed with the boat-towing. It still seems really odd to me that no-one could figure out how to row a boat. Even still, I didn't really mind them.

ETF numbering

flipxcyd 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-09-06, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
Interesting leg this time around. I liked the auditory clue. I'm surprised Mary wasn't able to decipher it with her being able to fairly understand it. Anyways, here goes:

1. Erwin/Godwin - good leg this time around, but they need to be more competitive with Tyler/James.

2. Tyler/James - if it wasn't for that boat anchor dragging you down, you'd be in second place.

3. David/Mary - they can be nice, they can be irritating, but overall, they seem like good ole Kentucky folk.

4. Dustin/Kandace - won't quit; love that in a woman

5. Lyn/Karlyn - see D/K

6. Rob/Kimberly - haha! the fighting is entertaining!

7. Peter/Sarah - what is up with Peter? I feel bad for Sarah because here she is trying really hard, but Peter wants to quit? They should team her up with Mary!

Here's a surprise twist....they should enable two teams to switch partners! LOL!

PHILIMINATED: Tom/Terry - sorry to see you go...NOT!

An arkiegrl siggie

Peetah 334 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-09-06, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Peetah Click to send private message to Peetah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
1. Tyler/James--Go Addicts (and models!) I am liking these guys.

2. Dustin/Kandice--Took them down one spot this week for unneccessary rudeness and a minor melt down. But I expect they'll be on top again next week.

3. Erwin/Godwin--Now, I don't really like these boys, but I dislike at least one partner of the following even worse!:

4. Lyn/Karlyn--As I thought from the beginning, Lyn is great. But Karlyn--shut up! You are not making your children proud!

5. Dave/Mary--Despite her charm with the locals, I cannot stand Mary's treatment of David. She is totally out of line. (However, my friend from KY says it's not that unusual to her. I just don't likes it!)

6. Rob/Kimberly--They got a first--congrats. But they need to get help.

7. Peter/Sarah--Sarah MUST find a new partner--although she tends to panic at times, she would rate at least 3 on her own.

Philiminated--Tom/Terry--I'm not heartbroken they're gone, but I liked these guys, especially Terry. Tom is a whiner though.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-06 AT 12:41 PM (EST)

1. David and Mary- I love this team! Yes, they bicker, but they do it equally to each other, and don't let it get to them.
2. Tyler and James-This team is really growing on me! They are too cute for words, but unlike other eye candy teams they pull their own weight, and compliment each other well.
3.Erwin and Godwin-I love their sense of humor!
4.Dustin and Kandace-Rowing in circles while searching for Phil made me laugh...I admire them because they didn't give up, and when one of them cried, she didn't make a big deal out of it, and then got out of her funk...
5. Lyn and Karlynn-This team is a bit brash for my taste, but like D&K, I love how they didn't give up.
6.Rob and Kimberly-This team really deserves each other. I can't wait for them to be philimated already.
7. Peter and Sarah-I feel sorry for Sarah having to be stuck with this loser. They should've teamed her up with Mary from season 3...Could this guy be any more of a jerk?
Edited to add that on her own Sarah would be ranked #2 or#3.

MySpace A Scary ARnutz

beau_30 952 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-09-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
May be back to later updates on thoughts.

1) David and Mary
2) Tyler and James
2) Erwin and Goodwin
3) Dustin and Kandice
4) Lynn and Karlyn
6) Peter and Sarah
7) Rob and Kimberly
8) TNT

Blondes have Feelings as well

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-06, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
1 David/Mary (1)(4)(9)-If she would just save a little of the love for her husband...but they are nice people that keep on trucking..suprisingly still in the race

2. Tyler/James(2)(2)(2)-They are consistent and probably the most sane couple of the bunch

3. The WIn Bros.(3)(5)(6)-I really like these 2. Godwin was funny on the road block.

4 Lyn/Karlyn(5)(5)(7)-I really like Lyn and Karlyn is stronger than she looks. Also suprisingly still in the race

5. Dustin/Kandace(6)(6)(4)--blech..who's whining now...karma is a bizzle

6. Peter/Sarah(7)(8)(5)--this is tough, Rob and Kim are just a little bit worse bc Sara is trying her best...he is so objectionable. I want them to lose now if they get saved by a non elimanation leg...no wait that's too easy..

7 Rob/Kimberly(8)(9)(10)- consistently in last place, naturally, they finish 1st..UGH!!

Tom/Terry (4)(3)(3)-I liked them, they made such DRAMA out of everything! the race just got a little less interesting for me

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-06, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
1. Erwin and Godwin (1). Not as good an outing as last week but they're not irritating me.

2. David and Mary (2). Would have moved back up to #1 this week because I love 'em so, but Mary giving David whatfor is getting old. Otherwise she's a real sweatheart, and I am taking into account she has a sprained ankle and is suffering, but she's also having the time of her life.

3. Tyler and James (4). These goofballs are a good solid team, I just wish they'd find something interesting to say.

4. Lyn and Karlyn (5). I figure they're pretty much doomed, they have no chance at all in the longrun, but they are keeping themselves going.

5. Dustin and Kandice (3). The mistakes they continue to make are gonna do them in eventually. But they had the biggest blonde moment in Reality TV history this week, at least they are amusing.

6. Peter and Sarah (6). The saga continues. Would have moved down this week except for...

7. Rob and Kimberly (7). The incompatible duo turns Ugly American. Man, I always hate when that happens.

Tom and Terry were #8 last week. Good riddance, drama queens. I mean that in the nicest possible way.

SMILES ARE FREE

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-09-06, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
I missed last week, so there goes my perfect poster rating. Oh well...

1. Erwin and Godwin - The still remain enthusiastic and are getting to be better racers.

2. David and Mary - For some strange reason I don't mind their bickering. Maybe because it doesn't carry on like some others. Dave usually shuts up after Mary gets on him. Git-r-done.

3. Dustin and Kandace - I was really rooting for these two until they tried to "row-for-Phil"! Read the clue! They lost two or three places in the race just for that mistep.

4. Tyler and James - meh. Ok, one dude did all the work and the other acknowledged that he did. Cool.

7. Lyn and Karlynn - meh 2. They did pretty well. It was n't cool of DnK to take thier boat. But it didn't seem to really cost them much time. And Karma was swift.

8. Rob and Kimberly - At least Rob acknowledged that he needs to chill out a little. Here is a case where the bickering is allowed to build to a crescendo(sp?).

9. Peter and Sarah - Poor Sarah. This guy is such an ##### it's amazing! He kicks his feet up with a soda and tosses an occasional, "good job", "you can do it" while she goes through a personal 12 step program on the climb. Then has the gall to tell her to be quiet so he can concentrate on which freakin' oyster trap to bring up! She seems to be realizing what a total schmuck he is. And he, alone, brings this team down so low on this list.

Philiminated - Tom and Terry - Good riddance! These guys were so over-the-top gay it almost seemed forced. I just found them annoying.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-09-06, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
So is this where we are supposed to comment on last night episode? Good Episode lots of intensity.

I was wondering 'Where do these people come from?'. They all acted like they never rowed a boat where they come from. I thought everyone has at least tried it....guess I was wrong.

Tom and Jerry will be missed. The teams this season have been so weak. I would say maybe this was planned, but then you have the drug adicts who should be shoe-ins to win. Tom and Jerry were at least pretty funny.....in the same manor most of the gay couple have been.

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-09-06, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinybubs Click to send private message to tinybubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
What a contrast to last week when everyone looked good. Tough challenges and the language barrier made for some tense moments.

1)Team Barbie: Dustin & Kandace (1, 1, 1) – Had some good and bad moments this week. Momentum keeps them on the top.

2)Team Win: Godwin & Erwin (7, 5, 3) – This was the only team I remember that didn’t get ornery with each other. Would like to see more intensity from them, but maybe they’re just bumping along until the final four.

3)Team ‘tucky: David & Mary (5, 4, 4) – I enjoy the feistiness between the two of them. I think Mary’s ankle may do them in soon though.

4)Team Rehab: Tyler & James (2, 2, 2) – they’ve been invisible the last couple of weeks, they get bumped down only because two teams have impressed me more lately.

5)Team ‘bama: Lyn & Karlyn (9, 8, 5) – They struggled like everyone else this week.

6)Team Tool: Peter & Sarah (4, 6, 6) – Peter is such a tool, and Sarah’s “I can’t” is getting old.

7)Team Biotch: Rob & Kimberly (10, 9, 8) – I wouldn’t want to spend time with either of them. Kimberly proves the point that beauty is only skin deep.

Philiminated:
Team Flame: Tom & Terry (8, 7, 7) – My comment last week: Pullleeeaaaassseee knock off the drama. My comment this week: Thank You.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

10-09-06, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-06 AT 09:00 PM (EST)

1- Dustin/Kandace(3,1,1): It wasn't pretty but you have to like Beauty queens that are ready to get and play dirty. READ THE CLUES.

2- Erwin/Godwin(6,5,2): Nice but boring

3-Tyler/James(2,3): Tyler was both Spiderman and Superman. What does James do?

4- David/Mary(10,8,6): They keep going up on my list.

5-Rob/Kimberly(5,4,4): I don't mind the intensity but saying you'll never speak to foreigners again?

6- Peter/Sarah(4,6,5): He screams encouragements and when she does the same he tells her to shut up. Weird control freak.

7- Lyn/Karlyn(8,7,7): Not entertaining.

Philliminated: Tom/Terry(9,8,8): Thank you.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-06, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
1. (1) Erwin/Godwin - It looks like these great guys are here to stay for this season's LL.

2. (2) David/Mary - Well, by now who can't cheer a bit for the this genuine and very capable coalminer couple!

3. (3) Dustin/Kandice - Here for entertainment value (some blonde moments!), screen appeal (read that anyway you want to), perseverance and competitiveness. They're racing!

4. (4) Tyler/James - Still the favorites, they finish 3rd, it's good to watch how they race successfully together, what of it there was this week (maybe a bland edit).

Moving up with the other four teams (thumbs up)...

5. (7) Lyn/Carlyn - At times clueless, they do have a lot of spunk. They don't quit. So what about attitude -- where these gals come from they gotta have attitude. Although not easily likeable, they seem to voice themselves genuinely and colorfully (but loudly and rudely at times!). Likely gone soon, though.

And the two thumbs down teams...

6. (6) Peter/Sarah - Sarah has a lot of spunk, but their relationship and the way they race together is haphazard.

7. (8) Rob/Kimberly - A waste of precious prime-time air for the network.

Philiminated (8): Tom/Terry - Thank you, thank you, Phil for uttering the Words of Elimination!

Foo dogs by Tribe

Row, row, row your boat, merrily down the stream...

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-10-06, 07:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
I had a good time watching this episode, though they get a little disjointed for me watching them in 9 minute segments on You Tube. Then, last night my signal went bad and I ended up going out on the balcony, fighting the mosquitos while I picked up someone elses signal to watch the last half hour. But it was worth it. This episode may have had a record for the amount of crying that took place.

1. LynKa (5) - This is a real stretch to put these two non-competitors up at number one, but I thought they did well for themselves this week. First, I was amazed they were even able to find where they needed to go without having a cabbie listen to the instructions at the statue so give them credit. Then, I really wondered if they could climb the rock. The birthing baby without anesthesia comment was fun. Then, with typical AA fear of water they chose the different detour task and fought through and didn’t finish last. They are out of their element, but they observed how gorgeous the countryside was on the train. Other than the snarky comment at the boat about DusKa cutting in front and then getting what she deserved (maybe she did) I think they could be proud of the leg they ran and finishing ahead of two teams. So, this may be the only number 1 ranking they ever get in the race, but I thought I’d give it to them this week just for finishing ahead of last.

2. ErGo (1) - Just for finishing in the front half and because I still like them the most at this point and they have a nice sense of humor.

3. TyJa (3) - Another leg run without much hoopla – I think they were the first to figure out that bringing the cabbie up to listen to the statue was what was needed.

4. DaMa (2) - Slipping a bit. I do give them credit just like LynKa for getting through it all and finishing, but there was more internal sniping this week.

5. DusKa (4) – Not a leg to be proud of other than they didn’t finish in last. Even their positive approach fell apart under the pressure of the boating detour.

6. PetSa (6) – Even Sarah cannot save this team. I admire her perseverance getting up the rock and getting through life in her circumstances. I don’t admire her choice in boyfriends.

7. RobK (8) – A great leg run by this team and they deserved a lot of focus for what they accomplished. But, other than that I cannot think of one positive aspect of this team in the weeks I’ve watched.

ToTe – I am so glad they are gone. Pathetic racers. It makes one wonder if it’s necessary to fill slots with specific demographics for the race or if it wouldn’t be better just to pick teams that could really compete against each other. Maybe that would be less interesting in the long run. Either way, these guys are near the bottom all time of the teams I’ve seen.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-06, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
1. Dustin and Kandice – They are my favorite because I would love to see an all-girl team win, but if they keep making mental mistakes, they won’t be around for me to cheer for!
2. James and Tyler – We’re not seeing a lot of personality, but they’re good racers. I liked the way they were the first ones to get the cab driver to listen to their clue.
3. David and Mary – For living such sheltered lives; they are embracing the different cultures and enjoying themselves in this grueling race.
4. Godwin and Erwin – Nice guys, but if you have to ask Tom and Terry for help…
5. Lyn and Karlyn – They’ve moved up in my list this week because of Lyn. She stayed calm and is the voice of reason for that team.
6. Rob and Kim – His ugly American act in the taxi cab ride almost landed them in the bottom spot.
7. Sarah and Peter – I continue to admire Sarah’s determination, but she almost pysched herself out of doing the roadblock. Peter is a great athlete (he single-handedly pulled them from 7th place to 2nd place), but he is a boor.

Philiminated: Tom and Terry – those guys were edited as cartoon characters from the beginning (complete with Tom’s pratfall in the sampan) and never had a chance.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-10-06, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
1. Erwin/Godwin (1)(1)(1) - Still my number one team. I was a little surprised that these two aren’t more physically fit seeing as how they are young and obviously work out a bit. Even though I’d like them to hustle a bit more, I do like that they are being respectful.

2. David/Mary (3)(5)(2) - I really like these two. They aren’t going to last, but I’m surprised at their spirit and her hanging in there with the sprained ankle. I love that she’s lurving everyone, but she should be nicer to Dave. Also, for being so-called country folk who haven’t been outside of Tennessee/Kentucky, they are acting more respectful than the more citified players coming from a culturally diverse area. *cough* Rob *cough*

3. Tyler/James (9)(3)(5) - These guys a pretty boring, but they are running a good race and they are not acting like the typical alpha male model jerks. They get here above the beauty queens only because the queens acted like jerks this time.

4. Dustin/Kandice (7)(2)(3) - The girls are pretty strong and don’t run from difficulty, but I didn’t like that they cut. Again. The first time was, you snooze you loose, but this time was just nasty. Then they started in on each other blaming each other for the clue mishap. I still think they are really good contenders here.

5. Peter/Sarah (8 )(4)(4) - Only reason these two are this high is because I hate Rob/Kimberly and I like Sarah. Actually, Sarah alone would be number 2. He’s a complete jerk. What I don’t get though is that the clue said who has strong arms and legs? And she said me. WTF? Ya, she’s strong, but that should have been a clue.

6. Lyn/Karlyn (2)(9)(6) - I’m sick of hearing about how they are doing this for their children. They don’t even seem to be having fun. I wouldn’t want my mother to go through something she wasn’t enjoying for me. I don’t think these two will last much longer.

7. Rob/Kimberly (10)(8)(7) - Horrible, horrible people. Especially him. Someone is wound up just a bit too tight and is just plain mean and ignorant. She only slightly better.

Philiminated: Tom/Terry (5)(7)(8) - Good riddance. What a bunch of whining wussies. While Terry was doing all the work Tom was sitting there complaining about how he was so tired from all the work he was doing. At least he did get off his lazy butt and pull the boat. I’ll give him that.

Tribey Rocks!

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-10-06, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "My List 10.4"
1. Tyler and James - still top of the table. Struggled a bit with the oars but eventually got it. Bad luck in the sea & anchor detail but got over it without a lot of whining.

2. Erwin and Godwin - underachieving but still pleasant to listen to, as opposed to many of the other teams. They seem to understand that, at this point in the race, the only thing that matters is not finishing last. In a way, I think that this conserves energy and may give the Cho Bros an advantage later.

3. Dustin and Kandace - not a good leg. Almost fell victim to "not reading the clue" curse. Saved by the whiney boys.

4. David and Mary
Lyn and Karlynn - both of these teams continue to surprise me. The girls are showing grit and the miners are doing surprisingly well for a team that probably hadn't traveled more than 50 miles from home prior to the race.

6. Rob and Kimberly - intensity doesn't equal non-sensicle screaming. Get a grip!

8. Peter and Sarah - the only reason that this team hasn't been awarded my "LTWS" rating is that I can't penalize Sarah for her racing partner's many shortcomings. At least she seems to see them now and will "run away" as soon as the race ends for them.

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-06, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
1(2). Tyler & James - Solid racers, not jerks.

2(1). Erwin & Godwin - Was first place last leg a fluke? And to get screwed up leaving the pit stop in first place - sheesh!

3(3). David & Mary - Mary's giving the love is entertaining. I'm worried that one of the other teams will take advantage of them.

4(4). Dustin & Kandace - Still not using the "Looks Card" which is a big thing in my book. Not fussy about them obviously butting in front of another team - even if it is Team Mommy. You're better than that, girls.

5(7). Lyn & Karlyn - I can't believe I've moved them up! They actually seemed to participate in the race this leg.

6(5). Peter & Sarah - He's a moron. I hated that gratuitous shot of him drinking a soda in the boat while watching Sarah struggle.

7(8). Ugly American & Kimberly - Like, holy crow! This guy is a piece of dawg sh!t. The not talking to any more foreigners comment was too much as was the "I can't understand your language" comment. I don't like Kimberly but I think I have more insight as to why she yells just as much he does - he's a complete a$$hat!

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-06, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-06 AT 00:48 AM (EST)

1. Dustin/Kandice (1,1,1)
Confronted with a leg that would have sent some traditionally strong teams into a self-destructive meltdown, these two kept it together, shed the necessary tears, and got the job done. Good for them!

2. David/Mary (6,2,2)
I'm liking them a lot but will be surprised if they make it to the end.

3. Tyler/James (5,4,4)
Drama free alpha male team

4. Lyn/Karlyn (8,5,3)
Good showing on this leg; slow and steady stays in the middle of the pack.

5. Rob/Kimberly (10,6,7)
Nice recovery to win the leg!

6. Erwin/Godwin (7,8,5)
Meh. Here by default

7. Peter/Sarah (4,7,6)
Sarah is tied with Dustin/Kandace for my favorite racers this season... but I have to judge them as a team, and Peter is so awful that I have no choice but to send them to the basement.

Philiminated:
Tom/Terry (9,9,8)- Would've been last again this week had they not been eliminated...

louislam 475 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-06, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4"

1. Tyler/James (3) - They are like Kris/Jon to me. They did not have any fights or argument, but just did their job well and always catched up when they were behind. Maybe it's a bit dull but I like this kind of attitude rather than the Eric/Jeremy or BJ/Tyler type. Seeing them lying to the mums when they got their clue was the best moment of this episode.

2. Dustin/Kandice (1) - A less decent leg put them out of the top spot. Still competitive, but they made several mistakes this leg like not reading the clue, this was a crucial mistake and could really put them out of the game. Besides, they seemed a bit too intense that they made some unnecessary moves such as cutting in line for the boat, I know every minute counts but this kind of move might make you more enemies. To be fair, I think they were really unfortunate in the race, every time they were ahead, it ended up to be a bunching point. Could the producers stop bunching next leg? I don't want this to be another TAR6.

3. David/Mary (4) - They slowly climbed to the top 3! I like them because they are so real, they do not pretend to be someone else and they are nice to each other.

4. Rob/Kimberly (6) - I don't like them much but sometimes they were quite entertaining. And they were in Vietnam rowing! That really reminds me of Flo and I can't help enjoying it.

5. Peter/Sarah (2) - I really like Sarah but when they were together, they started to become annoying to me. Peter should appreciate what Sarah had done and should not look down on her. Give her some respect!

6. Erwin/Godwin (5) - A boring team like T/J, what made them lower on the chart was because of their underperformance. I could not imagine that was so hard for Godwin to climb that rock provided that he was so muscular in shape.

(gap)

7. Lyn/Karlyn (7) - I don't think they could come out of last place in the next few legs. They were annoying in a bad way. Stop talking bad about other people and stop mentioning child/ child birth/ kids/ daughters etc. next time!

Philiminated: Tom/Terry (8) - They just sucked in this leg. I really don't know why they could be last when they were 2nd after the roadblock! How could they arrived the peral farm and not knowing what to do? They could just follow what other teams did! Anyway, they were not a competent team, so their philimination is okay for me.

I missed it last week, I wanted to say that I was so sad that Duke/Lauren were out. They were such a good team to me.

sittem, thanks for your compliment, the chart is back! Sorry that last week I was so busy that I didn't have time to do it, but don't worry, I will try my best to keep it updated!

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

10-15-06, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 Average Rankings"
Week four of TAR 10 came down to a lot of time spent on or near the water. And, we found out that rental boats can be as unpredictable as taxi cabs! Hopefully, if the power stays on I can finish this and get it posted well before show time this week. I’m writing now Saturday evening, but already today we’ve had three separate power outages. Here’s hoping….and now back Sunday afternoon and no more postings so I’ll go to press. Hopefully some more will still post and NOT change the rankings.

Participation was down again this week - just 22 peeps, and 8 PP’s still haven’t shown up, so I’m hoping they are still coming. So far, no new posters this week.

This week we finally have a PAP – Perfectly Average Poster (a poster whose ranks exactly mirror the overall average rankings of the group – the fantabulous flipxcyd is the one!! Congratulations on your average self, flipster.

On to the rankings. They are listed in order of popularity by the group. After the name is (last weeks rank ). Each ranking is given a number 1 through 7. These numbers are added up and are reflected with a raw score. Next you’ll see their average rank. Then I’ll show you how many (first ranks they had) and <last ranks> they had this week.

This week we also bring you a new feature in the rankings – the MSC – Most Salient Comments – those comments made by posters that generally reflect the feelings of the group on average. There are two qualifications to have your comment used. First, your ranking for that particular team must be the same as the overall group average ranking. Second, even though your comments for other teams might be terrific, you only get one comment posted here. After the comment – the poster is credited for their comment.

1. Erwin and Godwin (1) – 51 – 2.3 (8)<0> Still my number one team. I was a little surprised that these two aren’t more physically fit seeing as how they are young and obviously work out a bit. Even though I’d like them to hustle a bit more, I do like that they are being respectful. (CouchTater)

2. Tyler and James (4) - 56 – 2.5 (4)<0> While continuing to fly under the radar, these two are competent racers and likable enough during the rare moments they're on camera. Are they boring? Don't know, but Team Alpha Male is a strong team. (Max Headroom)

3. David and Mary (3) – 57.5 – 2.6 (4)<0> They slowly climbed to the top 3! I like them because they are so real, they do not pretend to be someone else and they are nice to each other. (louislam)

4. Dustin and Kandice (2) - 67 – 3.0 (5)<0> Rowing in circles while searching for Phil made me laugh...I admire them because they didn't give up, and when one of them cried, she didn't make a big deal out of it, and then got out of her funk... (buckeyegirl)

5. Lyn and Karlyn (5.5) – 111.5 – 5.1 (1)<3> At times clueless, they do have a lot of spunk. They don't quit. So what about attitude -- where these gals come from they gotta have attitude. Although not easily likeable, they seem to voice themselves genuinely and colorfully (but loudly and rudely at times!). Likely gone soon, though. (cahaya)

6. Rob and Kimberly (8) – 136 – 6.2 (0)<10> His ugly American act in the taxi cab ride almost landed them in the bottom spot. (CTgirl)

7. Peter and Sarah (5.5) - 137 – 6.2 (0)<9> the only reason that this team hasn't been awarded my "LTWS" rating is that I can't penalize Sarah for her racing partner's many shortcomings. At least she seems to see them now and will "run away" as soon as the race ends for them. (VA Slim)

Observations:

1. It looks like we’re at a point in the race where we have no real favorite. Even though ErGo came out number one again, it was a “soft” number one. There were almost twice as many number rankings for others as there were for them.

2. The top three ranks are only .3 of an average point apart. Any one of these three could have had the lead (and, as of this point that could happen if some regulars show up and cast their ranks.

3. In a surprise for now, RobK moved out of last place by one ranking point. PetSa beat them out for last (again, up to this point) though RobK managed one more last place rank. I attribute their escape from last to their first place finish even though most people still don’t like them very much.

4. We came very close to having all teams having just a first place rank or a last place rank. Only LynKa spoiled that with both a first and last place ranks. Wonder who gave them that first to spoil the symetry.

Finally – louislam, our friend from Hong Kong – great to see your chart back! Keep it coming. And, what about those 8 PP’s – is the show going downhill that much for you already? Come on – where’s your dedication? How busy can you be?

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-06, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 Average Rankings"
- Didn't get to post last week due to broken bones on my left hand. Will be back this week.

10-16-06, 05:33 PM (EST)
26. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.4 Average Rankings"
sorry to hear that kid - will be glad to have you back

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •