The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who squealed to Penny?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-07-02, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who squealed to Penny?"
Not sure where to put this but I assume it belongs here.

I don't think I've seen any mention of the squeal to Penny as of yet. After watching the show and then coming to Fanatics (and Spoilers) to see what everyone thought of the episode, I was surprised that I didn't see any mention of the fact that someone obviously told Penny about Shii's plans. I keep seeing people pairing Ken & Jake and then Penny & Erin, but I think that's just MB editing (from Shii Ann's perspective) getting the better of us. Shii Ann may have seen it as Ken/Jake and Penny/Erin, but is that what's really going on? I don't see Ken & Jake as a pair, rather I see Ken trying to straddle both sides (Jake and Penny/Erin) of the fence.

First, obviously so as not to put yourself in an unnecessary situation, everyone votes off Shii Ann since she made herself an easy target (bummer). Now, I see Jake as the only person who showed any "real" compassion toward Shii Ann. I don't think Ken's "compassion" toward her was ever sincere...just a means to an end. Obviously SOMEONE told Penny and it had to be someone who knew of Shii Ann's plans or possible plans...we weren't shown whether or not she talked with Jake and I am almost certain she wouldn't have spoken to Erin about it (that would be REALLY dumb) so I assume it was Ken. If Ken squealed to Penny/Erin, is he really next in line from SJ for a boot or is that just what we're supposed to think? Maybe this is where some of the bootees stop being so predictable?!?!? That would be nice. I think each and every one of this season's bootees(including Jed...I saw that one coming a mile away) have been so easy to predict, so maybe it's about time we get some sort of monkey wrench thrown in? Maybe it's Jake's turn to have his flame put out?

Just wondering if anyone else gave the "who was the squealer" question any thought.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Thread moved... IceCat 11-07-02 1
 RE: Who squealed to Penny? Draco Malfoy 11-07-02 2
 RE: Who squealed to Penny? Bungler 11-07-02 3
   RE: Who squealed to Penny? Wacko Jacko 11-07-02 4
 RE: Who squealed to Penny? sweetpea 11-07-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-02, 07:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Thread moved..."
I moved this thread from fanatics over to here.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-07-02, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who squealed to Penny?"
It's a good theory, and one of the first really good arguments I've seen for Jake to be booted this week. I can see Ken playing both sides, trying to keep himself alive. Jake meanwhile has been edited as being much more sympathetic towards Shii Ann, especially when they showed him talking to her about what to do when she thinks others are plotting against her.

On the other hand, I can see Shii Ann, thinking she was in a majority alliance, just coming out and telling Penny ahead of time "Hey, I'm going to be voting you out at TC- it's nothing personal, it's just the game" thinking that she would have all of CG behind her.

The Chamber of Secrets Has Been Opened. Enemies of the Heir... Beware!

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-07-02, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who squealed to Penny?"
It might very well have been Helen.

In the scene in which Shii Ann and Ken were discussing her vote switch, Ken was trying to get her pinned down. Shii Ann said she was flip-flopping, to which Ken said that he needed to know what she was going to do. He also said that the night before, "everybody was discussing" what she was going to do but that he was the only one defending her.

To me, that indicates that the squeal came before then.

The end of that scene with Ken, finds Shii Ann walking away from Ken, then past a cliff overhang, where Penny & Erin are talking to Helen. Erin is obliviously blathering away to Helen, but Penny makes an obvious observant head turn towards Ken's direction as Shii Ann walks past.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-07-02, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who squealed to Penny?"
Wouldn't Penny and Erin of voted for Shii even if ken didn't squeal? Also just because Ken tells Penny does not mean that he is tied more into Penny then the others in his tribe. They have all voted together every single time so far. Also Ken did the right thing Shii was waivering and needed to go. There's no squealing as I see it just smart playing (in this case).

Throwing that first immunity challenge was a real killer.

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-07-02, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who squealed to Penny?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-02 AT 09:39 AM (EST)

In Jake's POV on cbs, he says:

"She said, 'how is Ken?' And I said he was a little paranoia and thought some people were out to get him. And I told him they weren't out to get him, they'd just like to see you do a little more work around camp. He said, 'I think Penny may be out to get me.' I said, 'no, I just told ya, that the group thinks
they'd like to see you do a little more work around camp.' And she (Penny) said, 'I hope you didn't tell him I said that,' and I said, 'well you're one of the group we were talking about.' She said, 'oh, I wish you hadn't said that.'
It's said, it's done. You know, nobody wants anybody to think they are talking about somebody else. Everybody wants to think that's not happening. But let's be realistic - this is a game where everybody talks about everybody. I'm realistic. I'm one of these guys that thinks if everyone's talking about me,
they're just saying nice stuff. I know that's not the case. But other people really get paranoid about it. It doesn't bother me. I know who I am. I'm comfortable in my own shirt (tugs his shirt). I don't have to be somebody else.
I'm just happy being Jake (smiles)."

Sounds to me like Jake has the closer relationship to Penny than Ken.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •