The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dave & Mary!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-25-06, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dave & Mary!"
Love 'em!

They are my suprise favorites! By favorites I don't mean to finish as the winners!

I love their enthusiasm and wonder at experiencing the world. I think this was a great casting job.

Finally we get a different type of team that is actually learning and appreciating the experience they have been given.

I thought it was great when Mary was talking about meeting Asians for the first time and gay people. Very refreshing!

Siggy conceived by Arkie, gestating done by Zombs
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dave & Mary! MaryKat 09-25-06 1
 RE: Dave & Mary! Seana 09-25-06 2
 RE: Dave & Mary! CouchTater 09-25-06 3
 RE: Dave & Mary! seahorse 09-25-06 4
 RE: Dave & Mary! Joools 09-25-06 5
 RE: Dave & Mary! dabo 09-25-06 6
 RE: Dave & Mary! dragonflies 09-25-06 7
 RE: Dave & Mary! Canada Girl 09-25-06 8
   RE: Dave & Mary! keanuskiss 09-26-06 9
 RE: Dave & Mary! Tamena 09-27-06 10
 RE: Dave & Mary! Cyndimaus 09-28-06 11
 RE: Dave & Mary! trigirl 10-01-06 12
 RE: Dave & Mary! jbug 10-02-06 13
   RE: Dave & Mary! keanuskiss 10-02-06 14
 RE: Dave & Mary! buckeyegirl 10-02-06 15
   RE: Dave & Mary! MaryKat 10-02-06 16
       RE: Dave & Mary! Joe Clay 10-02-06 17
       RE: Dave & Mary! Steph_Fan 10-15-06 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MaryKat 221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-25-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryKat Click to send private message to MaryKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
I like them too. They are really real people. And they are nice to everybody. I like that too.

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-06, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
Me too!

I hope they don't disappoint me later. I laughed out loud (and nearly woke the kids, I bet) when she was saying in a hushed tone how they didn't know any gay people and that she liked Tom and Terry. Just the way she said it - so earnest - with her eyes wide, and kind of whispering a bit, like it was a bit of a secret.

I really like how they're working outside of their comfort zone and getting along so well.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-25-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
I really like these two as well. You are right, they are refreshing. Kind of very innocent and in a way, untarnished. I really like how Mary especially, is so appreciative of the experience and how she is viewing all these new things, Asians, Gays, new cultures with an open, non-judgmental attitude. She could be nicer to Dave, but I think her snappiness is what Dave likes.

I hope they can hang in there for a while. They seem to be doing well so far.

A Tribephyl creation

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-06, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
I am definitely liking them more, but they don't stand a chance.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
Dave and Mary are easily one of my favorite teams this season. They are so open and accepting of all the other racers, no matter how different they are from what they have known all their lives. Living in a metropolitan are and having attended a liberal college, I tend to forget that there are people who could live for 31 years and never have met Asian or gay people. I'm not sure how long they'll last in the race, but I know I'll miss them terribly when they're gone.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-06, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
I love David and Mary! They remind me of a lot of my kinfolk in Backwater America, just down to earth folks who rarely leave their native environs except maybe to join the Army or Navy, see the world, then come back home convinced they live in heaven on earth. Count your blessings their accents aren't too thick or you might not understand a word they say.

SMILES ARE FREE

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-06, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
I'll join the ranks of the Dave & Mary fanclub. They are a nice change from some of the teams we've seen over the seasons, including this one.

It will be a sad day when they are Philiminated.

Go Pack!

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-25-06, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
They totally warmed my heart last night, wanted to reach into the screen and give them a big hug.

keanuskiss 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-26-06, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail keanuskiss Click to send private message to keanuskiss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
I love this couple. They are sincerely experienceing a whole new world. I am so glad they get to see so much that they would never have been able to see. And I don't count them out. They could win just as well as anybody. I hope they win the money.

Tamena 174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-27-06, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tamena Click to send private message to Tamena Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
Feelin the love here too, this is by far my favorite team too =)
When I first saw them I figured I wasn't going to be too thrilled with them, but they definately changed my mind.

Not to mention I'm married to a dyed in the wool redneck and he's getting a kick out of watching these guys too =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Karma doesn't come back on people because some universal controller-god pushes buttons. It comes back on people because they dig holes for themselves to fall into.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-28-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
Okay, okay! I like them too. I appreciated that when he got stuck in the mud she expressed her opinion to him without yelling or putting him down.

sig courtesy of Cygnus
Mouse on the move by Snidget

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-01-06, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
I'm loving them too! I didn't think I would. Would love, love, love if they did well.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-06, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
Here too liking the KY team.
Just wish they had picked out different "friends" on the race - like maybe Duke & Lauren, Ervin & Godwin or the models.
Maybe just maybe the AL moms and T&T will gain something from this friendship/connection tho. That would then be a good thing. Some of KY's "innocent goodness' could rub off on the others. LOL

keanuskiss 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-02-06, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail keanuskiss Click to send private message to keanuskiss Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
I think Mary would be friends with any of them. I can't see this couple being cut throat enough to make it to the end., but I sure do have everything crossed hoping they win it all.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
Jumpin' on the David and Mary bandwagon...After the first episode I really didn't think I'd like them. Now? Love 'em. They really are a breath of fresh air, I hope that they stick around for awhile. I'd love to see them make it to the final 3.

A scary ARnutz..bouncy by IceCat

MaryKat 221 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-06, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryKat Click to send private message to MaryKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
I am really worried about Mary's ankle. The last time I sprained my ankle, I stayed in bed and cried for a day. I am helping her hurt. Maybe they will have a long plane flight so she can let it heal a little.

Joe Clay 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-02-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joe%20Clay Click to send private message to Joe%20Clay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
I was so touched by Dave's talking about his dad and Viet Nam and, okay, surprised at his awareness of his feelings and being unable to focus on making the coal bricks. And, I am so pleased for them at how well they are doing in the Race!! I still say, Dave and Mary for Number 1. It takes a lot of savy and gumption to survive coal mining. Go Ky!

Steph_Fan 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-15-06, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Dave & Mary!"
>I am really worried about Mary's
>ankle. The last time
>I sprained my ankle, I
>stayed in bed and cried
>for a day. I
>am helping her hurt.
>Maybe they will have a
>long plane flight so she
>can let it heal a
>little.

Yeah, I am worried about her too. I came to ask: Why is it that Rob got treated for his heat exhaustion, but Mary didn't get treated for her ankle? Why the different treatment? Was there any explanation of this that I missed somewhere?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •