The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Immunity Poll"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-06-02, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Immunity Poll"
Just out of curiosity, let's see how we all think the Immunity works this week; will MB surprise everyone again or will everyone be, you know, expecting it? Cast your vote in the subject line by replacing "RE: Immunity Poll" with the designated letter of your choice from among the following choices (as always, feel free to make any comments you desire):

A. The merge goes into effect, immunity is individual, everyone goes to Tribal Council and votes.

B. Same as last week, immunity is tribal, the losing tribe goes alone to TC and votes out one of their own.

C. New twist, immunity is tribal but everyone goes to TC, but only the losing tribe votes.

D. Let the Pagonging begin: Immunity is tribal, everyone goes to TC, everyone votes.

E. Share the Guilt Twist: Immunity is tribal, everyone goes to TC, losing tribemembers have to vote out one of their own, immune tribe gets to cast one vote determined by tribal concensus.

F. Magilla gets to pick rocks out of a bag, the castaway he hands the purple rock over to is sent packing. Just kidding, make this: Other (Please explain the alternate scenario you have in mind).

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 B dabo 11-06-02 1
 B Q 11-06-02 2
 B samboohoo 11-06-02 3
 A PepeLePew13 11-06-02 4
   Change to B PepeLePew13 11-07-02 32
 C toddE 11-06-02 5
 D big idiot 11-06-02 6
   Correction dabo 11-06-02 23
 A anotherkim 11-06-02 7
 D bebekid 11-06-02 8
 B Bebo 11-06-02 9
 B smrtNsassybnkr 11-06-02 10
 RE: Immunity Poll Brownroach 11-06-02 11
   B is my vote Brownroach 11-06-02 12
 D forehead 11-06-02 13
 B lizzmac 11-06-02 14
 D pancho 11-06-02 15
 D addictedtoSB 11-06-02 16
 A mookiemeister 11-06-02 17
 B Boilermaker 11-06-02 18
 BBBBBBBBBBB blacknwhitedog 11-06-02 19
 B Spidey 11-06-02 20
 B cincin 11-06-02 21
 A survivor_matt 11-06-02 22
 B bobstew617 11-07-02 24
 B VerucaSalt 11-07-02 25
 Tally #1 dabo 11-07-02 26
 KEN Reverse Psychology 11-07-02 27
   RE: KEN dabo 11-07-02 28
 C katem 11-07-02 29
 C Bucky Katt 11-07-02 30
 C PhoenixMons 11-07-02 31
 A OceanSkater 11-07-02 33
 D LilNik8 11-07-02 34
 B lroy 11-07-02 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-06-02, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "B"
Fair is fair, let's give Sook Jai the chance to put Chuay Gahn in the position Sook Jai was in last week.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-06-02, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "B"
C is my second guess, and is sooooo close to being my winning choice, but I am on the fence, and the fence is razor thin.

I see no reason to think they will change the change. Living together is IMO the way MB is going to let the juror's get to know the members of the F2.

However, I think this will change the game, as others point out, due to the fact that not all members of the jury, or F2 will have equal say in who is in the F2.

So I'm not to sure about this, but MB can alter the game that way if he wants. Time will tell. And I will not be surprised if the winning tribe comes to TC and just watches.

D.R.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-02, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "B"
Because MB can still do it this week without changing the game too too much.

And because I think I've talked myself into a Brian boot. If CG goes to TC and he is booted, that would make things even again and desperate measures would be taken to gain the majority control again.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-02, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "A"
I don't know, I just have a feeling that we're going back to the traditional method of merging, individual immunity and having everyone vote now that they'll have had 6 days of living together. An IC with 5 against 4 is more susceptible to having one person dominate and win it, so I just think that they'll start having individual competitions.

Maybe I need to go back and look at all the threads again...

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-02, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Change to B"
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-02 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

After catching up on my reading here, I see there's a spoiler out of Australia where it was quoted somewhere that they merge when there is eight people left. So... I'm changing my vote to "B" on the basis that I don't believe there will be individual immunity until next episode when they will merge, and for tonight's episode, they continue to compete as tribes while living together in the same camp.

Edited cuz I'm a dumbass.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-06-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "C"
B seems totally unfair and unlikely, as half the group (all of whom will be on the jury) will miss what happens at TC. So alternate pick is A, but I don't think the actual merge will occur until next week. And D defeats the whole purpose of a delayed merge.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-06-02, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "D"
Choice D incorrectly states,

"D. Let the Pagonging begin: Immunity is tribal, everyone goes to TC, everyone votes."

If immunity is tribal and everyone votes at TC then that is NOT Pagonging. Pagonging would be that the larger tribe always can vote out someone from the smaller tribe each week. This could most likely happen with CHOICE A.

If immunity is tribal then the larger tribe can lose an immunity and someone can be voted out from the larger tribe. Now if the Sook Jai keep sending themselves to TC by losing ICs and all get voted off, then the new term for that scenario would be "Sooking" (or Sooked: to shoot oneselves in the tribal foot once every 3 days).

Please correct.

I choose option D.

BI

11-06-02, 06:25 PM (EST)
23. "Correction"
Thanks for voting, everyone so far! As for "Pagonging" needing to be corrected, I was using it here in a loose sense where the immune tribe gets to vote against the enemy while the other tribe has its hands tied strategically (by the rules this time instead of by the original Pagong's utter lack of a voting strategy). In that sense it works whichever tribe is immune. Granted, however, it doesn't automatically lead to the losing tribe being systematically eliminated by voting strategy the way Pagong was.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-02, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "A"
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-02 AT 11:11 AM (EST)

but I think he screws with their heads awhile first.

Can't you just see them showing up for the immunity, assuming it is tribal, they get in their places and he says --for immunity--INDIVIDUAL immunity?

That would totally derail any last minute scheming and be truly individual for once.

That doesn't address the boats or flags, but it makes me happy, so there.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-06-02, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "D"
I agree with big idiot. Immunity is tribal, everyone goes to TC, everyone votes is the way to PREVENT Pagonging.

For example, if Ken wins individual IC, then Chuay Gahn just picks a different SJ to boot until Ken loses or there are no more SJ.

Keeping immunity tribal, I think, is a better motivator than individual IC. We have all seen contestants give up easily in IC because they *think* they are in a safe alliance. But if the entire tribe is vulnerable...

If this does happen, I have no idea how long MB could/would keep this up.

bebe

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-02, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "B"
It would not be unfair for some people not to be at TC, because all 9 of them had been together for the 3 days. The main reason that the jury members attend TC is to catch up on the action that they've missed by not being a part of the tribe any longer. No one needs to be brought up to speed at this TC, since they've all been cohabitating.

We know that whatever happens was planned in advance. Well, what were these measures set up to try and thwart? The traditional Pagonging that took place. A 5-5 split at traditional merge was not uncommon, so whoever won that TC won control. Right now, we're at 5-4, and possibly facing the same pagonging. However, if CG lost, we'd be 4-4, with some interesting options should the merge then take place. Typically, there's been a core alliance of 3. Well, if the 4th original tribe member realizes he/she is the odd one out, then there's the potential to negotiate with the 4 members of the other tribe. There could be a 3-3-2 split with two outsiders being courted by the core factions. Loads of possibilities.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-06-02, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "B"
I think it will be the same as last week. The first jury member will be voted out by their won tribe. They will merge officially next week, and the first jury member will arrive at TC to see a newly merged tribe.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-02, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Immunity Poll"
B.

The late-game evaluation process is done by the jurors -- *once they are on the jury* -- not by those still in the game. Since jury formation will only commence as of this TC, I see no reason why the immune tribe would have to attend it.

The first juror, however, must be able to observe all the players still in the game at every remaining TC. For this and other reasons, I believe the tribes will merge in Ep 9, and from that point on, everyone will be in attendance at every TC, as per the usual set-up.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-02, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "B is my vote"
Sorry Dabo, I didn't see the instruction to put the choice in the subject. Ack!

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-06-02, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "D"
Certainly would be an all new twist.

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-02, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "B"
I don't think I've seen anything to convince me it'll be different.

pancho 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-06-02, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pancho Click to send private message to pancho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "D"
That picture of a sleeping platform at CG on paratrooper's site makes sense if SJ built it to have a separate home in the cave. I am thinking that the tribal split lasts.
pancho

addictedtoSB 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-06-02, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail addictedtoSB Click to send private message to addictedtoSB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "D"
The IC still looks tribal to me. But everyone needs to vote so the final 2 are actually accountable to each member of the jury.

After the bootee leaves there are only 8 survivors left. Is this halfway?

Jeff could hand out new buffs immediately after TC and send then reeling back to camp. Joe Average viewer would definetly watch next week to see this shake up, and the serious spoilers would have a field day speculating all week.

Although, Brownroach almost convinced me it would be B. Sigh.

mookiemeister 284 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-06-02, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mookiemeister Click to send private message to mookiemeister Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "A"
It's hard to imagine some of the jury members not voted out by the merged tribe. If the vote is still tribal, then the person voted out will have more of a gridge against his own tribe than other tribe. This will make it even harder for remaining members to win the top prize. So I think the merge will occur and everyone will vote out the first jury member. It makes the most sense.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-06-02, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "B"
Sometimes we overanalyze things just a LITTLE BIT. Same as last episode. Mark Burnett doesn't care about fairness. And if you don't believe that refer to tribal council in S4 with only 4 people left and a purple rock tie breaker.

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-02, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "BBBBBBBBBBB"
I just miss picking Robbbbbbbbb

I think they stay as 2 tribes.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-02, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "B"
I think the fact that the two tribes do everything a merged tribe would except individual challenges and TCs is sufficient for jury knowledge. I don't forsee a true merge for a few more weeks.

cincin 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-06-02, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cincin Click to send private message to cincin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "B"
My reasons for believing that challenges remain tribal:
- Sleeping platform in the cave
- Two boats and team idol in the challenge vidcap
- Two tribes cohabitating is a cool new idea for the average non-spoiler viewer. Getting rid of it after 1 episode would be a bummer. Burnett will hold onto it as long as possible.

survivor_matt 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-06-02, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivor_matt Click to send private message to survivor_matt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "A"
It seems like it's time to finally have the merge.

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-07-02, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bobstew617 Click to send private message to bobstew617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "B"
I think this is the last week to do this, with the jury starting next week.

BOBBBBBBBBBB

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-07-02, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "B"
But I would LOVE to see "C"

The buff colors, the separation of the tribes at the challenge, JP's interview on the radio tells me it is B

11-07-02, 09:59 AM (EST)
26. "Tally #1"
Comprising 23 votes and 2 perfectly permissable not-against-the-rules-in-this-thread posts:

A. 4

B. 13

C. 1

D. 5

E. 0

F. 0

Reverse Psychology 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-07-02, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reverse%20Psychology Click to send private message to Reverse%20Psychology Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "KEN"
goodbye mr officer

11-07-02, 10:04 AM (EST)
28. "RE: KEN"
LOL. I think you want the other vote thresd with Mr. SherpaDave's name as the initial poster.

SMILES ARE FREE

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-07-02, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "C"
I think Sook Jai will vote out Kenny, but Chuay Ghan will be there to watch the jury get it's first member.

Although the Magilla theory sounds pretty good, since I think CBS put Magilla there in the first place. They wanted to please Letterman and his writers.

(c) 2002 GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All rights reserved

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-07-02, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "C"
"Ah yup. Dish...litter box. Dish...litter box. It's grueling" BA

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-07-02, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "C"
Katem, I totally agree with you on this one. I think at the very least everyone will be at TCs from now on. I think that's a MAJOR part of the jury's decision-making (hearing what goes on at TC) and I think it will also be telling to see how much info is revealed if tribes are still seperate but everyone is present at TC while one tribe does the voting. That could be very interesting. I am sort of thinking that the give-aways stop here - no more easy picks for bootees (I have a sinking suspicion that Jake's a goner this week, despite the "evidence" telling us it's Ken) - from here on out I think we've got our work cut out for us!

I would really love to see any of of C-E...but the idea of C makes so much sense to me and I'd love to see that new twist!

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-07-02, 04:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OceanSkater Click to send private message to OceanSkater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "A"
Makes sense.

Option C with only losing tribe voting could give too much info on the remaining contestants a la Shii-Ann, and an unfair advantage.

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-02, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LilNik8 Click to send private message to LilNik8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "D"
Burn-It is just that sneaky. He likes to keep the ratings up and he probably almost peed on himself when he thought up the "fake merge" plan.

lroy 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-07-02, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lroy Click to send private message to lroy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "B"
I think this is what is going to happen, but i think A is the fairest option. The final two should have voted at each of the jurors TC's. but hey, as Jerri once said, this game isn't fair.

Meet George Jetson, his daughter lroy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •