The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eleven"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-10-03, 02:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eleven"

Welcome to the episode eleven Not So Move of the Week voting thread.

There are five choices this week. You can pick one. The choice that gets the most votes will move on to the Not So Move of the Season vote at the end of the season.

These choices are based on moves of no intelligence, poor decisions made by a team, or downward movements in the field of competition.

If you'd like to take a look at the episode ten thread, go here:
Episode Ten Voting Thread

If you'd like to take a look at the episode ten results, go here:
Episode Ten Results

1.Kelly/Jon depart the pit stop in first place, however when they can't find an English speaking taxi driver, they decide to head back to the hotel. They fall all the way down to 3rd place when they finally arrive at the kite task.

2.Jon/Al decide to trust a single operator that tells them their only flight option to Brisbane is with Korean Air. They buy their tickets and then just wait around doing practically nothing. Despite other teams not showing up to the Korean Air area, Jon/Al just continue to wait and do nothing. Finally, when their plane gets delayed they move around and find the Singapore flight the other teams are taking, but it's too late. They're not able to make up the lost time for the rest of the leg and are eliminated from the race.

3.Good, easy to ready maps have always proven to be useful towards the end of the race. Reichen/Chip don't spend a few more dollars on an actual complete map. They don't have Underwater World on their map, so they lose 2nd place to Kelly/Jon exiting the Detour hotel site.

4.Reichen/Chip probably choose the wrong person to do the Underwater World tank Roadblock. Reichen decides to do it, but then he moves rather slowly with fear in the tank. He becomes quite afraid and remains paralyzed for moments. They fall farther back from Kelly/Jon and it's possible they might not have made the mistake of driving if they had stayed up with Kelly/Jon.

5.Reading clues has always been an important part of TAR. It doesn't require too much skill to do it correctly, but reading them incorrectly has cost more time in many cases than actual race errors and mistakes. Despite the clue saying to race on foot, Reichen/Chip drive to the pit stop at the Mooloolaba Yacht Club. They're penalized 30 minutes and could have been eliminated if not for Jon/Al.

This vote will close Thursday 8:00 PM EST.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 #5 I_AM_HE 08-10-03 1
   RE: #5 Edgeless Grass 08-12-03 18
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... realitybites 08-10-03 2
 RE: #2 Steen 08-10-03 3
 RE: #2 Steen 08-10-03 4
 #2 moonbaby 08-10-03 5
 #5 BlackSheep 08-10-03 6
 #5 tvgeek401 08-11-03 7
 #5 qwertypie 08-11-03 8
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... dajaki 08-11-03 9
 #2 SurvivinDawg 08-11-03 10
 #5 tig_ger 08-11-03 11
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... PlumBlossom 08-11-03 12
 #2 Survivorerist 08-11-03 13
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... cmanly 08-11-03 14
 #2 trigirl 08-11-03 15
 #5 memacmur 08-11-03 16
 RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episod... MsShel330 08-11-03 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-10-03, 03:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "#5"
clearly the stupidest move of the week

RE #2, i'm certain the clowns were the first to tell us there were two airlines. this confused me that they still got the later flight...

Edgeless Grass 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-12-03, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Edgeless%20Grass Click to send private message to Edgeless%20Grass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: #5"
I think I heard that too. Probably the clown choose the Korean airline because the plane suppose to took off earlier, but then it get delay longer.

With the clowns gone, I have lost my enthusiasm to go thru' my thought process....so I think I will just pick my choice:

#5.

---------------- Bye!! ------------------
~ ~
' o '
'(X) '

realitybites 1174 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-10-03, 04:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitybites Click to send private message to realitybites Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eleven"
#2. This one's too easy.

Steen 1544 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-10-03, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Steen Click to send private message to Steen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: #2"
#2, because if they had got the earlier flight they might have had a chance to catch up

#5 was a close second

Steen 1544 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-03, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Steen Click to send private message to Steen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: #2"
LAST EDITED ON 08-10-03 AT 09:58 AM (EST)

Sorry about posting twice, i thought i never got the first post down because of a scrpit error

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-03, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "#2"
If they had located the Singapore flight I think they might have overtaken Reichen and Chip-on-his-shoulder. In this race you need to explore every possibility before you settle on what flight to take or what turtleneck to wear.

BlackSheep 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-10-03, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlackSheep Click to send private message to BlackSheep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "#5"
LAST EDITED ON 08-10-03 AT 06:29 PM (EST)

1. With this team, it's one of the few smart moves they've made, sure if cost them some time - but could you imagine if they didn't do something to make sure they were going in the right direction, they could still be in Korea looking for their next clue.

2. This is a major blunder, esp. when you're down to 4 teams, any mistake or oversight can cost you the game. Rather than take a little more time out of their 'busy' schedule, they too would have figured out about option 2 that everyone else took. It's unfortunate for them, but not the worst move of the week regardless that it cost them elimination.

3. How these two are still in it is beyond me, Chip needs some medication to calm himself down and not be such a penny pincher - the race is almost over.

4. Can we all say together - Deer stuck in headlights! Yes Reichen moved about as slow as you could looking rather snailish. I wonder if he pee'd in his wetsuit.

5. Yep, you get my vote you idiots. In any situation where it is user error, lack of reading and comprehension will get my vote everytime. All I could say while watching was "MORONS" - to top it off, Chip reread the part that said on foot, how much clearer does it need to be. Plus your running against a long legged accident waiting to happen. Duh Duh Duh. Pay attention, this isn't the first time these two have shown their inability to properly read instructions.

*Edited to fix typos

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-03, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "#5"
You'd think that people would learn from others mistakes to carefully read instructions.
Then again, some peeps do go on the show unable to drive a manual or read a map.
smiles
the tvgeek

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-03, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "#5"
This was a tough one since there were so many bone-headed moves (How did these four teams end up in the finals?), but I have to go with #5 as the two Harvard lawyer bimbos from last season made the SAME mistake. Who could forget the lecture that Phil gave them ("According to Websters dictionary, BY FOOT, means, BY FOOT -- you can walk, run, skip, hop or do the macarena but not use your feet to operate the pedals of a car which would be travelling BY CAR as in NOT BY FOOT."). I am surprised Phil let them off so easily -- maybe he was grateful they did not make fun of his horrid outfit the leg before.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-11-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eleven"
#2 - This Not So led to their elimination. Sad, but true. They failed to get a second opinion at the counter when they bought their tickets. Poor clowns. A close second is #5. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I wish it had cost C/R the race.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-03, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "#2"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-03 AT 12:24 PM (EST)

Mmm, a good group from which to select, and any could be the winner. The Dawg Choice is #2, but let's examine all of them, shall we?

1. This wasn't a very good move on their part, and if it had cost them the game, then I'd definitely vote for it. I also think them giving up their taxi then searching for another among the Korean drunks was not too savvy.

2. This lack of effort cost the Clowns the game. Period, end of story, no two ways about it. They were never back in it after this; they simply could not recover. Had they already used a Fast Forward, btw?

3. Reichen and Chip have forever been making stupid, boneheaded moves, but continue to play in this game. One can only wonder how their luck continues to hold, despite some really big blunders over time.

4. I don't know about this one... who is to say that Chip would've done better in the tank? Ditto anyone else.

5. Another example of the stupidity of Reichen and Chip, and their extreme good luck in spite of it. If the Clowns hadn't been SO far behind (and I don't think it was even close), this might've cost these idiots the game. This would've been my choice if not for #2 above.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

tig_ger 2098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-11-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tig_ger Click to send private message to tig_ger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "#5"
Normally, I equate the Not-So Move with elimination, but this was just so utterly stupid it surpassed all of the stupidity of Jon/Al AND Kelly/Jon. Nice going, boys!

A Kyngsladye Original

Tig_ger: The Holy Mother of Inclusion

PlumBlossom 679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-11-03, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PlumBlossom Click to send private message to PlumBlossom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eleven"

an IceCat original

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-11-03, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "#2"
If Reichen and Chip were eliminated because of theirs, I might've reconsidered. But that's just an if or but.

(Another IceCat original )

cmanly 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-11-03, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmanly Click to send private message to cmanly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eleven"
Wow...too many good choices this week! Collectively, the winner this week would be Reichen/Chip. However, for the single worst move of the week, it is definitely #2. I mean COME ON! IT COST THEM THE RACE! How can that not be the worst move of the week!?!?

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-11-03, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "#2"
Although I truly believe #5 to be the stupidest move of the week, #2 cost the clowns the race and therefore takes my vote. I think the clowns had this race in the bag. I cried when they were eliminated...how lame am I?!

memacmur 359 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-11-03, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail memacmur Click to send private message to memacmur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "#5"
Yes, it didn't get them eliminated, but it seems my role on this board is to complain about illiterate idiots (also known as most TAR contestants).

I think if the Korean air flight hadn't been delayed, the penalty for C/R's stupidity would have seen them eliminated - the clowns would have had to arrive a mere 30 minutes sooner to have stayed in the race.

READ your clue, and then THINK about it. Sheesh!

MEmacmur

MsShel330 695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-11-03, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsShel330 Click to send private message to MsShel330 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Not So Move of the Week: Episode Eleven"
#2 of course. It screwed them up for the whole episode and led them to Loser Island.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •