The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-18-06, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-06 AT 08:32 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-18-06 AT 01:44 PM (EST)

...and We Begin with a Double Philimination!

ETA: My rankings, some team nicknames and to fix some spelling mistakes!

Our teams started off in Seattle and headed west this time, flying to Bejing. They had to eat fish eyes for the roadblock, while the detour saw them deciding between "labor", construct a pattern on the ground with bricks or "leisure", do a routine with a ball without dropping it.

After the roadblock, we got our first surprise of the race when the mat was seen and Phil came along to send Bilal & Sa'eed home. Later at the actual pitstop, Vipul & Arti just couldn't catch up to the other teams and were Philiminated too!

So what are we doing here, you say? Well this is where you get to rank the teams in the order that you love them. You might base this on their ability to race, your personal feelings toward them or their ablility to interact with other teams and the locals. It's entirely up to you. No matter what, it is your opinion and it's not up to debate or discussion!

Here are the teams in the order they arrived at the mat:

1 Tyler/James
2 Duke/Lauren
3 Peter/Sarah
4 Dustin/Kandace
5 Rob/Kimberly
6 Kellie/Jamie
7 Erwin/Godwin
8 Tom/Terry
9 Lyn/Karlyn
10 David/Mary

DOUBLE PHILIMINATION
11 Vipul/Arti
12 Bilal/Sa'eed

Have at it, people! I'll be back to add my comments on the teams later. I have to get to work.

My List:

I don't particularly love or hate anyone yet, but there are a few teams I like and a few I don't like.

***Like:
1. Erwin and Godwin ~ The Brainy Brothers who are Korean aka TEAM B2K ~ I think they'll be my favorites, based on their prerace video on the CBS site. However, if Godwin knows 14 languages, they really shouln't have been so lost on the first leg, right?

2. Dustin and Kandice ~ The Bicoastal Beauty Queens aka TEAM BBQ!!! ~ They hope that people will underestimate them because they're blonde, but we saw last night that they can hold their own amongst the teams. They could go far. We'll see.

3. Duke and Lauren ~ The Dad and his Lesbian daughter (insert team name here) ~ They hope the race will bring them closer because their relationship has been strained since Lauren came out. I really wanted to hate him for judging her like that. He is her father, after all and should love his child no matter what, but they surprised me last night when they worked so well together and di so well! Kudos to them. I hope this experience fills those relationship gaps for them.

4. Tyler and James ~ The Token Male Models with a twist! aka TEAM TMMT ~ Recovering drug addicts who met in rehab and are both now modeling. They could be this season's alpha males and they did come in first last night, so...

*** The next few teams are "meh" at this point:
5. Kellie and Jamie ~ The USC Cheerleaders aka TEAM TROJAN!!! TEAM GAMECOCKS! Oooh! They can do cheers on their way to the pitstop. YAY!!! *rolls eyes*

6. Lyn and Karlyn ~ The single moms who are best friends. aka TEAM BFF ~ I do have to give them kudos for being single moms. That's a tough job. They do have each other, which is great, but they really wanted to rag on Sarah a bunch, so they get stuck in the middle this week.

*** ...and finally, I can probably do without these ones:
7. Peter and Sarah ~ The triathletes who used to date, Sarah has only one leg and wears a prosthetic device, which Peter likely built (insert team name here). It's not because Sarah took advantage of her disability on the plane, it was the fact that she told someone she had to get to a hospital so she could take that cab, plus! they scream way too much for my ears.

8. David and Mary ~ The Coalminer and his wife they are nice, lovely people who work hard, and I have to give them props for that, but his accent will wear on my nerves quickly. Sorry guys!

9. Tom and Terry ~ TEAM GUIDO REDUX The team name says it all. Ugh!

10. Rob and Kimberly ~ TEAM SCREAM! 'Nuff said.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 HistoryDetective 09-18-06 1
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 jbug 09-18-06 3
       RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 HistoryDetective 09-18-06 4
   HD - Siggie Lasann 09-18-06 10
   I'll just say moonbaby 09-18-06 12
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 Seana 09-18-06 2
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 emydi 09-18-06 5
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 michel 09-18-06 6
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 Peetah 09-18-06 7
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 dabo 09-18-06 8
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 Max Headroom 09-18-06 9
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 coolflowerpowerman 09-18-06 11
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 cheesybread 09-18-06 13
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 flipxcyd 09-18-06 14
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 kidflash212 09-18-06 15
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 seahorse 09-18-06 16
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 FireAnt 09-18-06 17
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 tinybubs 09-18-06 18
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 CouchTater 09-18-06 19
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 VA Slim 09-18-06 20
 RE: TAR Love List Volume 10.1 PsychoKitty 09-18-06 21
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 beau_30 09-18-06 23
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 warp_core breach 09-18-06 25
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 coolflowerpowerman 09-19-06 26
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 coolflowerpowerman 09-19-06 28
       Doh! :) ARnutz 09-19-06 30
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 dajaki 09-19-06 27
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 cahaya 09-19-06 29
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 ARnutz 09-19-06 31
       RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 cahaya 09-19-06 33
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 BOYmeetsREALITY 09-19-06 32
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 KeithFan 09-19-06 34
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 buckeyegirl 09-19-06 35
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 kaibe 09-19-06 36
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 CattyChat 09-19-06 37
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 sittem 09-19-06 38
   Yay!!! ARnutz 09-19-06 39
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 dabo 09-21-06 42
       RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 HistoryDetective 09-21-06 44
   Hey, hey! cahaya 09-21-06 43
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 Joools 09-20-06 40
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 adricharlie 09-20-06 41
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 Lasann 09-21-06 45
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 sittem 09-21-06 46
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 Wacko Jacko 09-21-06 47
       RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 dabo 09-22-06 48
 TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 Rankings sittem 09-22-06 49
   RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 Ranki... tinybubs 09-22-06 50
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 louislam 09-23-06 51
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 redbaronii 09-23-06 52
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 MaryKat 09-24-06 53
 RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 FFantasyFX 09-24-06 54

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
1. Tyler/James - Kudos for arriving first. Kudos for James' hair. Kudos for not being obnoxious horndogs like Eric/Jeremy. Kudos for being ambiguously gay like Eric/Jeremy.

2. Peter/Sarah - Congrats to Sarah for making it up that wall. Peter needs some new contacts or something so he isn't always squinting at the camera during confessionals. He also needs a personality. Jeez, dude, figure out that your girlfriend is an adult athlete with a physical disability, not a kiddo in the Special Olypmics and then treat her accordingly.

3. Erwin/Godwin - Some good one liners. Some muscles. Some good hair and some bad hair.

4. Duke/Sarah - Are you two dating? Is incest better or worse than being gay, Duke? You're quite the crybaby, by the way, you big masculine heterosexual man.

5. Lyn/Karlyn - Astute observation about the special privilege Sarah received because of her leg. At least it was the first time you made it. You just sounded petty when you harped on it. Peter is much more deserving of your contempt.

6. David/Mary - Watching you two bumble around the world should be a lot of fun.

7. Kellie/Jamie - We already have beauty queens. At least you two went with different hair colors.

8. Dustin/Kandice - We already have cheerleaders. It's harder to tell you two apart than Kami/Karli.

9. Tom/Terry - Whine, whine, whine. Squeal with glee. Jump up and down.

10. Rob/Kimberly - Just STFU Rob. Thank you.

Philiminated

Vipul/Arti - You had the potential to be a really interesting team. I was sad to see you go so soon.

Bilal/Sa'eed - Apparently Allah willed it.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
5. Lyn/Karlyn - Astute observation about the special privilege Sarah received because of her leg. At least it was the first time you made it. You just sounded petty when you harped on it. Peter is much more deserving of your contempt.

I missed something. What did Lyn/Karlyn say about Sarah?

09-18-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
It started with the snarkily appropriate: "She can run the Ironman but she can't stand in line to board an airplane...?!" Then they harped on it forever.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-18-06, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "HD - Siggie"
HD,

Hot Siggie!!!

I've been Nutz'd

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "I'll just say"
what HD said Agree on so many comments I don't even need to type mine out, lol.

erWIN and godWIN...um...are they going to WIN?

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
1. Lyn and Karlyn: For now. I didn't like the bickering at the Detour or Karlyn going on about Sarah. However, I like how they just kept going. They were great on the wall. And they're fat-a$$ moms, just like me.

2. David and Mary: Again, for now. I didn't like her telling him to shut up, but I find them amusing.

3. Tyler and James: I will probably like them better as the Race progresses.

4. Erwin and Godwin: I liked these guys in the pre-game interview. They're having a good time. I hope they pick up the pace.

5. Dustin and Kandice: They did a great job at the Detour.

6. Kellie and Jamie: I don't mind them.

7. Peter and Sarah: While I really like how she got up the wall and appreciate his supportiveness (good Sarah, there's a good girl, come on, you can do it, goooooood Sarah), I had to groan when they said they could "play that card a lot" when they got on the plane early. I also didn't like it when she indicated her leg and told the taxi driver that it was an emergency.

8. Duke and Lauren: They're doing well. He cries a lot, eh?

9. Tom and Terry: Meh.

10. Rob and Kimberly: Oh my heck, she's awful.

Doubly Philiminated:

11. Vipul/Arti: Sorry to see them go. They really had great potential. In fact, I thought they'd make the final four, at least.

12. Bilal/Sa'eed: I think they may have reached Weaverish proportions, had they continued on.

Yay, Love List! *waves to Nutz*

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
I really love this year's show!!

1. Duke/Lauren--At least he is honest about his feelings and is working through them w/ his daughter..I hope they last a long time, I really like them both!

2. Tyler/James-Ok, was anyone as jaded as me and say, "I bet I know what these 2 will spend their 20Gs on"....so bad. Nice story and pretty nice to look at! They are definitely the strongest physical team in the race and barring a stupid mistake, should make it pretty far

3. Tom/Jerry-yeah I know but I'll remember it better this way . I loved how they made a mini alliance with the cheerleaders and were actually better at the exercise!! They seem to be playas. I don't know if my love will last with them, we'll see.

4. Dustin/Kandace--I actually like the beauty queens, they have some good heads on their shoulders. I was glad they could get back into it after not finding restaurant. They are beautiful

5. Peter/Sarah--He is a bit hard to take, but I just thought she was great for getting up that wall...I'd still be at the bottom. If she can sit in the front of every plane, do it, it's a million $. Are they a couple or not though, I know she wants it, he--I'm not so sure.

6. The WIn Bros.-a bit haughty at first but they were taken down a peg, I think I will like them more as the race goes on if they stick around

7 Lyn/Karlyn-they did shock me s finishing so high in the first part, but then karma stepped in on the wall... we'll see how they do in the more physical tasks

8 Kellie/Jamie-do Muslims worship Buddha HELLO?!? They are the ditzes of the race...if they stick wiht Tom and Jerry they should be ok

9 David/Mary-a bit hard to take...I don't see them going too far

10 Rob/Kimberly- can you say Colin and Christie? UGH every year!

DOUBLE PHILIMINATION
11 Vipul/Arti-I wish they had stayed around. She is beautiful

12 Bilal/Sa'eed-Bilal was quite imposing, I thought this was Wanda and Jonathan all over again...why even have 12 teams start...I don't like it!

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
01- Duke/Lauren: Surprisingly they worked well together and seem fit.

02- Tyler/James: Easily the favorites. They weren't obnoxious but could be boring which will be worse!

03- Dustin/Kandace: They did well. Which one is which?

04- Peter/Sarah: The stars of episode #1. He's condescending and her claim of emergency was tacky, but what courage!

05 Rob/Kimberly: I always like the villains when they perform! She is strong.

06- Erwin/Godwin: I though they'd be #1 on my list. Their lethargic performance forces me to put them here for now.

07- Kellie/Jamie: Are we gonna have cheers in every episodes?

08- Lyn/Karlyn: Will these two be portrayed as villains also? Their snarky comments didn't count as much as their self-pity.

09- Tom/Terry: A team of two men doing the "leisure" detour should have been eliminated. Don't add more cheers please!

10- David/Mary: I don't think they can last long. At least they are trying.

Peetah 334 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-18-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Peetah Click to send private message to Peetah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-06 AT 11:52 AM (EST)

Hello everybody! Welcome back!!

As for the list, no one made me fall in love, but there are three groups generally:

Love-Love

1. Dustin/Kandice--I know what you're thinking, this from the guy who loved the Double D's last year. But these gals seem smart, athletic, friendly, and bounced back well from the "find the Golden House" debacle. Now if only I could tell them apart.

2. Tyler/James--SO MUCH better than the Frat boys. Also, smart, athletic, and witty. Tyler is sorta weird though; he might become annoying.

3. Duke/Lauren--I didn't think I'd like them, but Lauren is adorable. Duke is funny, and obviously, they did great! Rock on, Rhode Island; Rhode Island is famous for you!

Love-Hate

4. Lyn/Karlyn--As I suspected from the pre-interview, Lyn is fantastic. But Karlyn needs to loose her attitude. She is a serious downer. Good job getting up the wall!

5. Tom/Terry--Terry, I like, more or less. Tom, on the other hand, is nuts! Still, they were fun, but Tom is going to be the Gus/Walder of this team.

6. Peter/Sarah--They are about even with Tom/Terry. Sarah is fantastic, down-to-earth, and I was truly concerned for her at the Great Wall. Peter suuuucks.

7. David/Mary--I want to like them more, but Mary is the one who needs to shut up. Still, she was adorable when she met the Miss Americas and other times.

Hate-Hate

8. Kellie/Jamie--They have infectious personalities, yes, but I will soon be sick of their cheering. CLAP, CLAP, CLAP-clap-clap, clap-clap-clap-CLAP-clap-clap "Please go!"

9. Erwin/Godwin--You know it's never a good sign when a guy kisses his guns in the introductory sequence. For all their traveling, these guys were clueless.

10. Rob/Kimberly--Why does there always have to be a bickering couple? Yuck.

DOUBLE PHILIMINATED

Vipul/Artie--One is a milquetoast, one is a princess. Good bye to the highly touted cultural diversity of TAR10! Would have been 8th on my list.

Bilal/Sa'eed--The Browns of Treasure Hunters meet John and Scott. Would have been 12th on my list.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
1. David and Mary. Wow! Real people on a reality show, how'd that happen! For bumbling rednecks who don't really know what they're doing, they work well together, it's the getting from here to there that's doing them in. Love their spirit.

2. Lyn and Karlyn. Wait, even more real people! And they got the whole Forrest Gump thing working for them as well! Fun to watch, too bad they got fixated on Sarah's handicap.

3. Duke and Lauren. They're really quite emotional aren't they. They're good solid racers so far, though.

4. Kellie and Jamie. They can have conversations with doorknobs and set out to prove it.

5. Peter and Sarah. Admire their spirit. Normally I might root for the underdogs, but they got the whole Iron Man thing going for them so I can't really consider them underdogs.

6. Erwin and Godwin. Started cocky, got taught a lesson pretty quickly.

7. Dustin and Kandice. There she is... they is... honestly, I can't tell them apart, where are their sashes?

8. Tom and Terry. Loved their game strategy. That's all.

9. Rob and Kimberly. Here we go again, disfunctional couple going on TAR to who knows what. That trick never works.

10. Tyler and James. Okay, your story has been told, you got the 20 grand first leg bonus, you can just go away now.

Vipul and Arti (Philiminated second). Seemed like nice people, just not really geared for the race. Darn shame, though, Arti was easily the most beautiful woman in the cast. More beautiful than the beauty queens combined.

Bilal and Sa'eed (Philiminated first). Moderately amusing guys, loved how they were representing for Black Muslims, shame they didn't keep their heads in the game.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
THUD.

That comes from the PTTE thread, with Max Headroom's list having Vipul/Arti winning it all.

On to the rankings:

LIKE A LOT

1. Erwin/Godwin - Here's hoping their overall cluelessness was first-leg jitters and not foreshadowing of continued stupidity. I like this team but they need to turn it up a notch.

2. Duke/Lauren - Though I still doubt they'll last long, they handled the first leg very well. I hope they continue to rebuild their relationship despite the race stress.

3. Dustin/Kandice - I usually dislike beauty queen teams, but these two seemed surprisingly well-grounded in the first leg. Could have done without their introductions as "Miss California" and "Miss New York" to David/Mary, though.

TOLERABLE

4. Tyler/James - Stereotypical Team Alpha Male, they look to be contenders. Don't have much of an opinion otherwise.

5. Tom/Terry - Seem to be stereotypical gay guys thus far, but at least they're not bland like many of the other teams. I expect some funny one-liners from them!

6. Kellie/Jamie - Young, peppy, enthusiastic... and slightly grating.

7. Peter/Sarah - Admire her grit and toughness despite her disability and being 4' tall; don't like his superior attitude.

8. Rob/Kimberly - This season's Team Bickering Couple, they also fit the TAR stereotype as they look to be competent racers. If Rob can handle her henpecking, this could be a good team, and they don't bother me too much... yet.

CAN'T STAND

9. Lyn/Karlyn - They stay out of my cellar due to a couple of funny one-liners, but these two are snarky in a really mean, unpleasant way. Can't wait for their Philimination.

10. David/Mary - Sheesh, how did these two get cast? Just what I wanted to watch, two unintelligent, uneducated, unattractive rednecks from Kentucky. It must be too much to ask for them to have all their teeth.

PHILIMINATED

Vipul/Arti - Liked this team a lot, thought they would bring a new perspective. Instead they gave me an uninspired leg with a last-place finish so far behind that BvM didn't even bother with the usual editing tricks to make it look close.

Bilal/Sa'eed - Never thought they would last long, but being Philiminated mid-episode? They had the look of being unpleasantly Weaverish, but I would much rather watch them than Appalachia's finest.

coolflowerpowerman 456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-18-06, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
1 Dustin/Kandace- They seem sweet and well-balanced. Love.

2 Kellie/Jamie- Liking the cheerleaders more than I thought I would

3 Duke/Lauren- Solid leg. Love Lauren, but think Duke is pretty pathetic.

4 Peter/Sarah- Very impressed with Sarah, but think Peter is creepy and condescending

5 Tyler/James- Impressive leg; much less annoying than BJ/Tyler and Eric/Jeremy

6 David/Mary- Mary is amusing, they both seem nice. Glad they got out of Kentucky

7 Erwin/Godwin- Meh. Should have been philiminated.

8 Lyn/Karlyn- Fat and out of shape, and had pretty horrible attitudes in regard to Sarah. If they want priority boarding so bad, a medical saw and some bandages could help them get it.

9 Tom/Terry- Annoying.

10 Rob/Kimberly- The obligatory obnoxious couple. Must be philiminated.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-18-06, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
Glad to be back on the TAR Lvoe list after RS:SN. I didn't get a strong impression of many of the teams so some of my rankings stand to change quite a bit.

I do want to say that I didn't like the mid-leg elimination. I thought it was a bit unfair to do this so early in the race. Phil mentioned some changes to the game but he didn't put any emphasis on how it may be important to lead during a leg as well as at the finish. But, it's the decision of the producers, not me.

1. Erwin/Godwin - These guys are a likable duo. I thought the squirt gun thing was funny, although at an airport, in these times, probably wasn't the smartest of decisions.

2. Kellie/Jamie - I'm not going to lie. This ranking is based mostly on appearance. They are both pretty. And pretty good racers too. Impressive climbing ability at the wall.

3. Lyn/Karlyn - I liked the Mom's alright. Until they got to the "I can't do it" challenge (i.e. the wall climb). Eventually, got it together and impressed themselves by finishing in the pack.

4. Peter/Sarah - I will quickly tire of the constant references to her prosthetic leg, however I was impressed with these two. Peter could become this year's Ray if he is so intense the whole time, but Sarah was both likable and admirable.

5. Dustin/Kandace - Seem ok. Fairly attractive. Don't remember much else.

6. Tyler/James - Stronger start and slightly less annoying then I thought they would be. We'll see. For me it's pretty girls, yes; pretty boys, no.

7. David/Mary - These two seem like severe underdogs, so I may root for them. However, she can be shrill and annoying.

8. Rob/Kimberly - The Bickersons.

9. Duke/Lauren - His comments during the intro-video were telling to me. I don't like him. Seems like she is doing this race to win his love as a daughter. That is not right.

10. Tom/Terry - The token male gay couple are always my least favourite. It seems the more "gay" they are the better the chance of getting casted.

DOUBLE PHILIMINATION
11. Vipul/Arti - Unfortunate because they seemed like nice people. But navigation is a huge part of the race and they didn't seem to have that.

12. Bilal/Sa'eed - I'm not sure what these two did wrong but I am not a fan of an elimination in the middle of the first leg. It seemed underhanded. These guys seemed like good guys and didn't deserve to be kicked out so soon.

flipxcyd 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-18-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
Aaaack! Too many teams to rate! If only Vipul & Arti were still in it, they'd be on the top of my list! Anyways

1-Erwin/Godwin: My favorite team thus so far. Also because I can relate to them, and they're local! Go Bay Area!

2-Duke/Lauren: Touching moment when Duke was climbing the wall, and Lauren was crying.

3-Peter/Sarah: Also touching moment for Sarah to climb that wall with an artificial leg.

4-Tyler/James: Only because they pulled out the win.

5 (3-way tie) only because it was just too much to digest and in no particular order...yet: Tom/Terry, Kellie/Jamie, & Dustin/Kandace

8 David/Mary: Remember that movie, Maximum Overdrive by Stephen King? Remember that newly married couple with the wife always screaming and nagging her husband? That's who immediately came to mind whenever Mary opened her mouth. I'm not saying she's bad or anything, but that's how she sounded. Ugh, irritating.

9 Lyn/Karlyn: Back off Sarah already. So what they got on the plane first because of her disability; doesn't mean anything if you're on the same plane; pretty much sucked at the wall climbing.

10 Rob/Kimberly: ala Lake/Michelle redux. Oooo boy.

PHILIMINATED: Vipul/Arti & Bilal/Saeed. Two of the interesting teams, but sad to see them go. I was really pulling for Vipul/Arti. Man, I hate these surprise twists.

An arkiegrl siggie

kidflash212 5051 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-06 AT 03:38 PM (EST)

At long last, my favorite show is back!

1)Dustin & Kandace - Okay, I admit it, I've met Kandace when I worked at Radio City Music Hall so that affects my ranking but they were also no dumb blondes, worked well together, seem intelligent (unlike the other pretty girl team) and finished fourth overall. I really believe these two could top Linda & Karen as most successful all female AR team.

2)Tyler & James - not much to go on but they did finish first and did nothing to make me dislike them.

3)Duke & Lauren - I predicated them to be first out, I was wrong. Didn't like his ignorant "disappointment" at his daughter being a lesbian but get the feeling he may be open minded enough to realize how stupid and wrong he is. Not sure they will last long but find them interesting enough.

4)Tom & Terry - They're no Reichen & Chip. Looked goofy at the detour and was put off by some of their comments that made them seem anti-social and sneaky. The fact they wanted to avoid the labor detour and haplessness at the wall does not bode well for their longevity in this race.

5)Peter & Sarah - He strikes me as creepy. Not exactly sure why - maybe because he seems more focused on Sarah's leg than on Sarah herself. Some weird "Hero" complex or something. <<shudder>>

6)Rob & Kimberly - Another Flo, God help us. And Rob does not seem as likeable as Zach to make it almost bearable.

7)Lyn & Karlyn - wanted to like this team but didn't. nasty comments and already talking about yielding Peter & Sarah. Doubt they'll make it that far - not enough physical ability.

8)Godwin & Erwin - For guys with their education, they strike me as sort of dumb. Anything resembling a gun in an airport is idiotic and they were nearly eliminated. My opinion on them could change but they better step it up a bit.

9)Kellie and Jamie - "Do Muslim's believe in Buddha?" - 'nuff said. Lucky if they last beyond third leg.

10)David & Mary - My ears won't be able to take these two. Fortunately, I think they will disappear quickly.

Arti & Vipul - Okay, but wasn't much impressed. Both of them were very average.

Bilal & Sa'eed - I'm glad they're gone. What kind of religion doesn't allow you to shake another person's hand? Was it just because they were female? Constant praying got on my nerves.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
1 Erwin/Godwin - very likable
2 Duke/Lauren - getting closer together in their relationship
3 Peter/Sarah - hope they do well
4 Kellie/Jamie - very atheletic and easy going
5 Tyler/James - the team to beat
6 Dustin/Kandace - they remind everyone they were Miss New York and Miss California
7 David/Mary - a little aggrivating
8 Tom/Terry - a little sneaky for me
9 Lyn/Karlyn - chronic complainers
10 Rob/Kimberly - Ron/Kelly remake

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

FireAnt 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-18-06, 07:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FireAnt Click to send private message to FireAnt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
Love, Love:

1. Duke/Lauren: after a teary pre-race intro, they really came together and did their thang. The start of a beautiful father-daughter relationship? Let's hope so. The respect for each other is definitely there.

So far so good:

2. David/Mary: she's a bit mouthy but you've got to love the underdogs. I thought it was so, well, 'sweet' how Mary described David as 'goodlooking' in the pre-race intro. Of course, Mary also told the beauty queens they were 'beautiful' without a trace of bitterness or jealousy, so she scores major points for that, too. They're doing well for never having travelled out of Kentucky/Alabama (and Seattle) before. Jeez, they could give the ultra-educated Erwin/Godwin a few tips.

3. Kandace/Dunstin: if they can just get over the fact that they won their respective state-wide beauty contests, they'll be very watchable. Good effort so far, despite the Golden House goof. Pretty interchangeable pair, who is who, but whichever girl ate the eyeballs did extremely well.

4. Tyler/James: really like their positivity and that they've got their eye on the finish line for every leg.

5. Tom/Terry: like their sense of fun, but hope they start getting more serious about the race. Should be fun to watch if they last a few legs.

6. Peter/Sarah: don't know what everyone's talking about regarding his 'creepiness'; I thought he was incredibly supportive of Sarah. (Of course, I was on the phone for the last 20 minutes of the show, so I might have missed something.) If Sarah hadn't grabbed the taxi, referring to her aritificial limb, that it was an emergency, she'd be my clear favourite. Still, she really impressed me with her climb up the wall, so she ends up in this category following the first episode.

Didn't like so much:

7. Lyn/Karlyn: I was all set to be rooting for these two . . . right up until they started bad mouthing Sarah. They really blew it with that. But good effort so far.

8. Erwin/Godwin: Jeez, you'd figure these guys for a better result on the first leg. What happened? Were all those $$$ on education wasted? Get with it! I want to like you two, help me out!

9. Kellie/Jamie: too much clapping/cheering. Get on with the race!

Hated:

10. Kimberly/Rob: As a couple, they're not gonna make it! As a TAR team, they might get close, but loose, snarky lips will sink their ship. Might as well stop now so the rest of us don't have to listen to you for most of the season.

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-18-06, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinybubs Click to send private message to tinybubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
A lot of good impressions about the racers, looks like a good group for the most part. I reserve the right to change my opinion as the show progresses.

Very Good Impressions
1)Dustin & Kandace – Seemed like two attractive healthy women ready to go the distance. No negative vibes from them at all.

2)Tyler & James – Seemed like two attractive healthy men ready to go the distance. No negative vibes from then either.

Good Impressions
3)Duke & Lauren – Nice Dad and Daughter team, their issues may have been a bump in the road but its easy to tell they love each other. Reminds me a lot of me and my daughter and dealing some of our issues.

4)Peter & Sarah – I met Sarah during the summer at a Triathlon in our area and she left me with a favorable impression so it carries over here. They’d be ranked at the top if Peter wasn’t such a tool.

5)David & Mary – They may be hix from the stix but they seem to be genuine good natured people, yes there are good people who live in flyover territory. I don’t know how long they’ll last, they don’t seem to be in very good shape for a race, but that won’t stop me from rooting or them.

6)Kellie and Jamie – Yeah!!! Cheerleaders!!! Seemed nice enough, their Budha comment didn’t really impress me though.

7)Godwin & Erwin – Not the brightest bulbs in the socket for the squirt guns in the airport, but they just seem to be looking to have some fun along the way. Appear to be likeable in an A.D.D. sort of way.

Below Average Impressions
8)Tom & Terry – Don’t know why they came off as negative to me, they just did. Maybe that will change in the future.

9)Lyn & Karlyn – Too many negative comments about another team. Being in poor shape and having bad attitudes will land them near the bottom of my list.

10)Rob & Kimberly - Another bickering couple, oh joy. Hope they are out soon.

Philiminated:
Arti & Vipul – Seemed like a nice enough couple although a bit bland.

Bilal & Sa'eed – I’m not a fan of in your face religious people, of any religion. Thought it was rude not to shake hands with other teams, I never heard of a religion that doesn’t allow you to extend a hand to another person.

CouchTater 1046 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CouchTater Click to send private message to CouchTater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
The, me likey section:

1. Erwin/Godwin- What can I say, I really have the hots for Asian guys. I think these guys will go far and did I mention they are hot! Especially Erwin with his long hair. The only thing I didn’t like was the juvenile water pistol event. What were they thinking anyway? In an airport????

2. Lyn/Karlyn- I like these two so far. They have some spunk and they actually did better than I thought they would. We’ll see how they do as time goes on, but at this moment they are on my like list.

3. David/Mary- Ok, I don’t think these two will go far, but I did find them pretty entertaining. Even though Mary is a whiner with David, she is rather sweet with everyone else and seems very appreciative of the experience.

The, I can take them or leave them section:

4. Duke/Lauren- There is something a bit creepy here, but they are supportive of each other at this point and she’s rather nice.

5. Tom/Terry- These two are way over the top, but for the moment they are kind of funny. They could wear on me though.

6. Kellie/Jamie- Were they the ones clapping all the time? Rah Rah!

7. Dustin/Kandice- Rah Rah! Or were these two the ones clapping all the time? Same difference.

Already annoying section:

8. Peter/Sarah- What can I say? These two totally got on my nerves with the constant self empowerment talk. *barf*

9. Tyler/James- I have to admire that they went through what they did and kicked their addictions, but still I find them to be rather annoying. They probably will go far though.

Already hate section:

10. Rob/Kimberly- Ewww…Yuk…I want to slap both of them. They deserve each other.

Philimated:

Bilal/Sa'eed- I think I would have gotten really annoyed with them and maybe their constant bringing religion into it. But on the first show, I found them to be rather interesting.

Vipul/Arti- These two would have been #1 on my list. I really liked these two and thought they would go pretty far. I think they just had some bad luck.

A Tribephyl creation
I hope Sittem can watch, I'll miss his statistical imput!

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
For me, at least, there isn't a team that I really despise. Well, not yet anyway. I'm sure one of these teams will "come through" before the end of the race though.

1 Erwin/Godwin - a little smug but they did make up ground at the wall. In past races, teams that finished in the final three escaped elimination early in the race. I think the bros Cho will be a final three team too.

2 Tyler/James - good heads up on I-5 to avoid the backup due to the accident. That put them on the first plane and they never were far from the front thereafter. Kudos too for taking a moment to examine the pattern of the bricks instead of just delving in.

3 Duke/Lauren - Father/Daughter show some potential

4 Peter/Sarah - caught flak for using the disability to get on the plane with those that need "extra assistance". But if the teams that complained were really honest with themselves, they would admit that they would have played the same "trump card". Unless PS are flying Southwest (no assigned seats) what advantage does it really give them to go to their assigned seats a little early?

5 Dustin/Kandace - didn't fit the beauty queen/air head stereotype. Finished well

6 Kellie/Jamie - also didn't fit the "air head" stereotype

In no particular order these teams didn't impress me one way or the other
7 Rob/Kimberly
8 Tom/Terry
9 Lyn/Karlyn
10 David/Mary

DOUBLE PHILIMINATION
11 Vipul/Arti - sorry to see them go
12 Bilal/Sa'eed - caught by the surprise. Could have gone a few legs farther - but may not have gotten over the wall.

PsychoKitty 727 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: TAR Love List Volume 10.1"
Great fun! Thanks for all the great descriptions guys!!! It was a great night and I laughed my ##### off. What a bunch of characters we have this time!!!! (and I don't see any Weavers amongst them What shocked ME most in the intro was Duke's ignorant reaction to his daughter being gay, and the fact the boys were so out there about their past drug addiction - including photos of themselves stoned on meth (?), nitreous (?) on tv!!! That blew my mind! I wouldn't have made that choice but it's one way to get famous!

We are off to a wild start. Too bad about the Black Muslims - that was so fast and seemed so undeserved. I felt really bad for them. They might have been a lot of fun to watch too. The Indian couple were lovely and I had high hopes for them. That was a real shame. (But they did seem to have some navigation problems too along with bad luck.) I agree with the rest of you on all other counts!

Tom/Terry - whiny whiny whiny! And one of them sure had a hard time on the wall! (Can't tell them apart just like the all girl teams.) Peter IS really patronizing - but all the teams (on all of the shows) cheering "come on Baby!" during climbs, etc. drive me nuts I really thought very little of David and Mary at first - but they showed great grit and determination. She has a lot of fire - and grace as mentioned by others, being so nice to the beauty queens. I cannot IMAGINE introducing myself the way they did! How off putting! Anyhoo - I can't type fast enough to comment on everyone but what a great start!!!! So happy the Race is BACK ON!!!!

Psychokitty

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sig from The Tribe and Cyg Sig Shop!

beau_30 952 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-18-06, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
1) Duke and Lauren = Emotional yes, but I'm just glad they could get along to do this race.

2) Tom and Terry = So far I am actually liking this team. Even though in the past, the gays on this show, were annoying me, Such as Riechen and Chip, Lynn and Alex and John from John and scott. But I actually like them. They are having funny brings back memories of danny and oswald. Oh the memories. What fun to spend a free time than shopping.

3) Tyler and James = Well at least there not Frat Boys.

4) Peter and Sarah = We all know that if they say they can't do it, they end up doing before commercial break. Focus on the race.

5) Dustin and Kandice = I can't figure out who is who yet. And I can't figure out whats going on with them. Some how managed to get back in 4th after falling to 8th. Wow.

6) Kellie and Jamie = Cheerleaders. EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW Sorry I was a thespain in high school, and cheerleaders were mean. I only knew two nice cheeerleaders.

7) Erwin and Goodwin = Give me time, and I will probably move them up on my list. They seem fun.

8) Rob and Kimberly = Why do I have this feeling that this is going to be another Ron and Kelly storyline?

9) Lynn and Karyln = Get your minds off of Peter and Sarah, and focus on the race, Ask Alex and Lyn what happend to them by focusing more on Rob.

10) Dave and Mary = I like their bickering. Its kind of funny.

11) Eliminated = Vipul and Arti = I would of liked them too. she was a cutie. To bad shes gone.

12) Mid-Eliminated = Bilal and Saeed = I would of liked them, but i think the constant praying would of got on my nerves, no offense to muslims, i know its their religion. I just don't want any reminders of the wicked witch and her three miniions.

Blondes have Feelings as well

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-06 AT 00:26 AM (EST)

I was only able to tune into the part where the first team got eliminated, so I don't have too much to say about each team at this time...

1. Duke & Lauren - I've always like the parent-child teams.
2. Peter & Sarah
3. Erwin & Godwin
4. Lyn & Karlyn
5. Tom & Terry
6. Kellie & Jamie
7. Ron & Kellie - oops I mean Rob & Kimberly - Bickering couple... yawn
8. Tyler & James - Strong guy team... yawn... models... ugh!
9. Dustin & Kandace - Dustin?! Kandace with a "K"?! Bimbo girl team... yawn... beauty queens... ugh! Can't tell them apart... yawn!
10. David & Mary - Okay, I'm sorry but when I first saw this team (I tuned in late in the show), I thought she was his mother!

Double Philiminated:

Vipal & Arti - Seemed like a cute couple. I actually like the name Arti

Bilal & Sa'eed - Seemed like good guys. Too bad about Phil's shrewdie.

09-19-06, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolflowerpowerman Click to send private message to coolflowerpowerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
Re: Kellie & Jamie, the USC Cheerleaders AKA Team Trojan

You're thinking of Southern California, these girls are from South Carolina and thus you can call them TEAM GAMECOCKS!

09-19-06, 00:19 AM (EST)
28. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
> Kellie & Jamie, the USC
>Cheerleaders AKA Team Trojan
>

You're thinking of Southern California, these
girls are from South Carolina
and thus you can call
them TEAM GAMECOCK!

09-19-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Doh! :)"
You're right! Off to fix it now.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-19-06, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-06 AT 00:22 AM (EST)

I'm so glad that TAR is back! I'm one of the ones who didn't mind the mid-leg elimination. The teams got to do a Roadblock and we had to suspect that starting with 12 teams would mean one would be leaving fairly quickly. On with the list . . .

Best
1. Erwin & Godwin - Sure they brought waterguns to the airport, but don't forget that they got the guns through SeaTac's crack security system. They seem pretty funny and being eye candy doesn't hurt.
2. Duke & Lauren - They love each other, they just don't understand each other. They will be good racers and last long.

Better
3. Peter & Sarah - Okay, mostly just Sarah. And the disability is offset by being a triathlete. She could kick my hiney in any athletic event any day.
4. Dustin & Kandice - I have to give them credit for overcoming the Gold Palace fiasco. They are lucky that they didn't end up at a bordello.

Good
5. Kellie & Jamie - So are they representing the USC Trojans or the USC Gamecocks? Either way, I'm glad I root for the ASU Sun Devils. They're fairly dim and won't last too many more weeks.
6. Lyn & Karlyn - These ladies aren't just racing, they're on vacation! Single moms are being given a b**ch pass this week and I hope they improve quickly!

Bad
7. Tyler & James - Yeah, so they seem to be decent guys, but I'm so tired of model teams. New Rule: Models must race entirely in bathing suits.
8. Tom & Terry - So is Tom the very effeminate balding guy or is that Terry?

Worse
9. David & Mary - I want to like them, but their grating accents are preventing me from wanting to see them regularly over the next 13 weeks or so. BUT, if anyone needs the $1 million, this couple does. I sure wouldn't want my DH working underground.

Worst
10. Rob & Kim - We've seen this couple in every race and I'm sick of 'em. Go away soon!

Ciao
Vipul & Arti - I really wanted them to catch David & Mary at the wall. I'm disappointed that they're out so soon.

Bilal & Sa'eed - So if B&S were racing for the finish line at an appointed prayer time, would they have stopped, bowed to Mecca and lost? Would Allah have forgiven them for being a tiny bit late? Does Allah forgive? Guess we'll never know.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-06 AT 00:50 AM (EST)

China is Only for the Godless (unless you're Godwin)

1. Erwin/Godwin - I just like these guys. They look like they just want to have fun and be a bit silly at times, but they need to tighten up their game to win. I doubt those water pistols got past check-in security! With two names that end in 'win', it seems like they're destined to win!

2. Tyler/James - Winners of Leg 1 and definite contenders to win. Smart play (avoiding traffic accident backlog, and studying brick pattern ahead of time) and good teamwork. Likeable enough based on the first leg edit.

3. Dustin/Kandice - Proof that blonde beauty queens are not necessarily dumb; indeed, they seem to be quite intelligent and work well together.

4. Duke/Lauren - Emotional, but solid as a racing pair. It's clear they love each other, but there are emotional father-daughter issues that they still need to work through, and during a Race is often not the best time for that, but not always. We'll see.

5. Peter/Sarah - I really didn't think she would ever be able to climb that wall. I really didn't. But that false 'emergency' bit, along with expectations of compensatory treatment (e.g., on the planes) puts these two down the list. Still not sure about Peter yet, either.

6. Lyn/Carlyn - Lyn is nicer than Carlyn, who harps a bit too much. Ranked below Sarah just 'cuz of it. They get credit for actually being reasonably competitive given their physical condition. They're not likely to last very long, though.

7. David/Mary - Really a down to earth couple, with Mary as a wife who is perhaps a bit hard on her husband, but you know she loves him. They seem to get along with everyone else pretty well, too. How far will these two go? They'll probably fall quickly down the mine shaft in the next leg or three.

8. Kellie/Jamie - Another pair of beauty queens? Peppy, sure, but so clueless about Buddhism and Islam being from entirely different religious traditions and history? Don't they read? Not a good sign. Gimme a P! Gimme an H! Gimme an I! Gimme an L! (And you can guess the rest.)

9. Tom/Terry - Tom & Jerry cartoons are far more entertaining. That is all.

10. Rob/Kimberly - Why are you two together in the Race? Why are you two together at all? Ack, spare my ears! *squawk* *squawk*

DOUBLE PHILIMINATION
E2. Vipul/Arti - Very sorry to see this very loveable couple go this early in the race.

E1. Bilal/Sa'eed - Another loss of "diversity". But somehow I think we would have seen more of the same of these apparently one-dimensional guys episode after episode, so we pretty much saw it all in the 1/2 episode they were in. Yes, ascribe the early elimination to divine Fate for the better.

ETA: I'll offer to do the love list stats as a stand-in in case our good friend sittem can't get online to do them. I hope he can, though!

Foo dogs by Tribe

Well, there went two religiously faithful teams.

09-19-06, 08:58 AM (EST)
31. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
I'll offer to do the love list stats...

Y'all are so nice to offer! At the end of last season, Max Headroom offered to help out too. Maybe you guys can share? One of you can take the odd weeks and the other take evens, perhaps. Whatever you two decide is fine. Are you still on board Max?

09-19-06, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
Well, since he offered to do the stats first, I'll defer to Max. Max, do you accept?

Foo dogs by Tribe

"Hi!" to sittem if and when he ever reads this thread!

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-19-06, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
Whatta fun start to the race this season!

The surprising early PHILimination will keep the rest of the teams on high alert at all times! Wonder what other "surprises" Phil and the producers might have planned???

With the first introductions being so short for most of the teams, first impresssionas are the only thing we can list!

My thoughts on the teams in "favorite" order after Week One:

Peter & Sarah – Iron Man competitors - WOW! Early fave mainly becasue they were responsible for the first emotional moments for home viewers. Even I got a little choked up watching a girl with one leg trying to climb the Great Wall....of CHINA! HAHA! I like their relationship, as it seems to be healthier than most reality show pairings, and its funny that they got together out of pure NEED - she needed an artificial leg, and He made them! I don't want to see any of that "let me have the cab becasue I am handicapped" stuff though. That would suck all the charm out of them!

Erwin & Godwin – Brothers - Hmmm....with the education credentials they have, they sure seemed to lack all common sense when they pulled out toy guns at the airport! WTF?!?!?! I think they will go pretty far because they seem quick and fit, but com'on guys...you would have seemed to have an advantage going to an Asain country first, yet you never took the time to learn a few words in Chinese???

Duke & Lauren – Father/Daughter - I cringed when He cried in the pre-interview, but it was His own ignorance that brought those guilty feelings on. Every season this pairing of "Parent/child trying to work through their relationship" does OK....but not much more. I don't see these two breaking that pattern, though their performance during the first week was impressive.

Tyler & James – Models - YAWN! OK...I am far from being a drug addict or a "model-type".... but even if I was, I can't imagine I would ever describe myself as being a "former junkie - turned model"!!!! THAT description doesn;t say much for either group, now, does it? HAHA! Good eye figuring out the brick challenge! My feelings are split between feelings of "I feel great about them, they have been through so much", and "It was their weak character that brought all those problems on themselves to begin with". I don't think they will have the entertainment value of the "frat boys" from last year, but I'm still curious to see how they will relate to the Beauty Pagaent girls and the other teams. They seemed too self-centered to make any friend among the others, but time will tell! Strong performance this week though! I just don't think it will last.

David & Mary – Married Parents - It's funny how they have "never been out of Kentucky". I liked their spirit, but the whole "sharing of the decision making" might be too radical of a change for Him! My guess is that they will use their underdog status to fly under the radar and win a couple rounds befroe they are PHILiminated. Plus...they will be fun to watch as long as they don't turn into the "bickering hicks".

Rob & Kimberly – Dating - I have always hated this "typecast" couple. No matter how well they do, I will not root for them. The damage that is already present in their "relationship" is far beyond what a stress-filled race around the world can solve. They need to seek counseling in the privacy of their own lives. I don't want to see their baggage iared every week and will root against them at every turn. SO THERE! HAHA!

Lyn & Karlyn - Mothers - If they can come close to being as funny as "the Bowling Moms" we'll have a show! I doubt it's going to happen, though, as they seem to be a pretty impatient pair. They need to lighten up and make a few friends if they are going to have any allies to carry them through some of the more difficult legs.

Tom & Terry – Dating - Ok....I want to keep this PC, but all I will say is....I know a lot of gay people, and none of them ever acts like anyone they cast as the "gay couple" on these "reality" shows! Why must the producers seek out the wildest gay couple they can find? I don't think it ever does anyone any good to have crazy people representing an entire social group! HAHA! They've got the S-P-I-R-I-T, though, and if they can keep up that level of energy, they might be fun to watch. I don't see them as being competitive enough to last very long, though. Not much seen of them last night, so I'll give them a couple more weeks to "get their game on"!

Kellie & Jamie – Cheerleaders - OK...the first hilarious "teams bonding" could have been established when these girls went to the "dancing/relaxation" challenge with Tom and Terry, but the whole opportunity was missed by the producers. Maybe it was too easy... They did ask the boys if they were sure the had never been cheerleaders! And the whole Muslim/Buddah comment, while funny and not surprising, just opened the door for their exit.

Dustin & Kandice – Beauty Queens - HAHAHA! We all know why they are there...to hook up with the other pretty people.....but this team will not go far at all unless they develop some quick alliances that allow them to coast through under the wire. Casting like this sucks the whole "everyman" feel of the show away. It's obviously a stunt and I hope it fails.

=============================================

R.I.P.
=============================================

Vipul & Arti – Married - Hope you had fun. Wish you had hung in there a bit longer GONE!

Bilal & Sa’eed – Best Friends - We hardly knew ye...but I have a feeling they would have gone pretty early anyway. Admirable, but not very promising, to tell us in their pre-race interview that they would stop and pray no matter where they were in the race??? It IS a RACE afterall..... Early "surprise" boot a wake up call for the others. GONE!

==============================================

All in all.....a great start! Can't wait to see how wrong I am about these guys after the next episode! HAHA

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
1. Kellie/Jamie -no, they are not the brightest bulbs, but their enthusiasm is infectious, and they are going at 110% with what they brought with them. Maybe it's because they remind me of my daughters (although mine are much brighter )

2. Erwin and Godwin-Gotta balance my #1 pick.

3 Duke and Lauren -Seem to really like each other and work well together, I'm sure things will work out in the end for them.

4. Peter and Sarah -their ranking could drop quickly if Peter's constant affirmations for Sarah don't slow down.

5. Lyn and Karlyn -Fun to watch, but too much negativity this early. Impressive wall climb.

6. Dave and Mary -see #5.

7. Tyler and James Meh.

8. Tom and Terry Meh, redux.

9. Dustin and Kandice -"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" -Ugh.

10; Rob and Kimberly - hate the bickerers. Your going around the world on someone elses dime. Quit your bitching.

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-06, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-06 AT 11:22 AM (EST)

Teams that I Love:
1.Erwin/Godwin I *heart* these two...They just seemed to bring a breath of fresh air to the race.
2. Tyler/James-normally the eye candy frat boy teams of the race are super cocky, these guys don't seem so full of themselves..I can't put my finger on it why I like them so much.
3.Dustin/Kandace-They can hold their own, and haven't used their beauty to help them along so far...

Teams that I like : They are all just kinda in the middle for me..didn't do anything to make me like or hate them....

4.Duke/LaurenThey seemed to work well together as a team, and could be the first parent/sibling team to go far...
5.Kellie/Jamie The Cheering is going to get old, fast.
6.Tom/TerryI thought it was cute that they bonded with the cheerleaders. I watched this episode with Greeneyes, and after their first confessional we screamed in unison: "Guido redux". (Annoying her husband who isn't used to our commentary..)

Teams that got on my last nerve...

7. Peter/Sarah They are just well, too perfect and what Nutzy said...
8. Lyn/Karlyn-They just go on, and on, and on, and on...
9. David/MaryAs someone else said in east coast spoilers: "This team is a combination of the teams we haven't liked in the past..."
10. Rob/Kimberly-She just gives me a headache with all the yelling.

A scary ARnutz..bouncy by IceCat

kaibe 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-19-06, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kaibe Click to send private message to kaibe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
Top:
1) Peter/Sarah - I don't see the Peter creepiness yet, either. But maybe I missed something. For now, they're at the top.

2) Dustin/Kandace - I actually really liked them, beauty queens or not. Although, I agree that they need to not introduce themselves as 'Miss...'

3) Duke/Lauren - This may change depending on Duke's attitude and the degree of emotion shown, but for now they're in my top group. They're also from New England, which earns them bonus points from me.

Middle of the Pack:
4) Kellie/Jamie - I found myself pulling for them, but the cheering was annoying. And I think they'll eventually grate on me.

5) Tyler/James - Honestly, I don't remember much about them, but I didn't hate them.

6) Erwin/Godwin - Same as Tyler/James. LOVE the hair on one of them... not sure which one.

7) Rob/Kimberly - Again, there were so many teams, I wasn't entirely focused on the constant bickering. And of the bickering teams, these two didn't bother me as much as some others. They'll probably move down as the race goes on, but for now there are three teams I dislike much more.

Can't Wait Til Their Gone:
8) Tom/Terry - These two annoyed the heck out of me. I'm hoping they get better. They could be fun to watch. But for now, not so much.

9) David/Mary - They didn't bother me too much until the second half of the show. The screaming and the 'traditional gender roles' thing dropped them down a LOT. So for now they are just barely out of the basement.

10) Lyn/Karlyn - I can't say that I've never made a comment about the 'special treatment' that someone with a handicap receives. Though for me, that's usually when I'm standing in a two hour long line at Six Flags, but I digress.... The first comment I can understand. But going on and on about it from there on out, and focusing soooo much attention on how horrible Sarah is because she got on a plane early, just comes across as extremely ignorant, and has my utter contempt. For this week, anyway. The bickering at the wall was just icing on the cake.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-19-06, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
It's still early to make definite judgments on how well I either like or dislike these folks, but here it goes based on pre-race videos & first ep.

1. Erwin and Godwin ~~ I have high hopes for these guys and am disappointed in their finishes thus far. Goodness, they were almost pre-Philiminated. I am going to cut them some slack, because I think they are "enjoying" the experience too much and haven't kicked into competition mode. I see them doing much better in the future.

2. Dustin and Kandice ~~ Shockingly, they are not annoying, whiney or snotty. They are competitive, courteous and fun. I like them so far.

3. Tyler and James ~~ Okay, they are better than I expected. I thought they would start off as annoying punks.

4. Peter and Sarah ~~ I expected to like them more, but at this point it could go either way and I need more evidence. I give Sarah a lot of credit for making it up that rope, though.

5. Lyn and Karlyn ~~ What I like -- competitive, did better than I ever expected, single moms get my respect. What I did NOT like -- Quit whining about Sarah already. If they keep it up, they will drop to the bottom of my list for being poor sports & haters.

6. Duke and Lauren ~~ Dad is on thin ice with me. I have a hard time with parents who "disown" children for silly reasons, plus his blubbering on the wall was weird, plus his strange response when they were asked if they were boyfriend/girlfriend. Dad's a little creepy, but daughter is cool so far.

7. Kellie and Jamie ~~ Wearing on my nerves.

8. Tom and Terry ~~ I don't even know where to begin with these two.

9. David and Mary ~~ Unfortunately, I can barely watch these 2. I don't know what it is, I think everything put together that just makes me queasy.

10. Rob and Kimberly ~~ The one team I can truly dislike so far.

Philiminated ~~ Vipal & Arti I really liked these two and expected them to make it to the finals (my PTTE list needs major revisions). They would have been #2 on my list if they made it to the next leg.

Pre-Philiminated ~~ Bilal & Sa'eed They would have been interesting to watch for a little while longer and I wish they made it another leg or two. It's a shame.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-19-06, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
I'll be bok.

Time is short for me and I didn't even know TAR had kicked off until I checked here last night. I won't be able to see it unless my friend sends me a DVD (unless CBS releases it online like they do Survivor).

But, don't cry for me Argentina (will they be hitting SA this season?). Through your eyes and comments and the highlights on the CBS website I'll do my best to keep up.

And, already we have 27 L Lists posted - only 6 short of our all time record from last season's opener and there are still 6 regulars yet to post. I think we'll break the record this week!

So, for now the stats will show up by the end of the week (oops - leaving for a staff retreat at noon on Friday - guess I'll have to post around this time Thursday - hope our friend from the East shows up earlier than usual). Cahaya and Max and anyone can add anything they want to the stats as far as further observations. It'll be a different season for me, but I'll try to hang in.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

09-19-06, 08:54 PM (EST)
39. "Yay!!!"
Hi sittem!!!

I'm so glad you'll be able to join us from across the world! Hope all is well with you in Senegal. *smooches* for you and the family!

I am hoping they will eventually put TAR on InnerTube through the CBS site (like Survivor), so you'll get to share in the viewing. I checked this morning and they did not have it. Boo to CBS!

09-21-06, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-06 AT 01:30 AM (EST)

Note to sittem: Some spam posts were deleted from this thread, don't sweat it if the numbers don't add up. Oh, and good to see ya's still around!

09-21-06, 09:45 AM (EST)
44. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
Yes, very very glad to have the stats master join us!!!

Remember to count my list twice! Moonbaby said so!

09-21-06, 08:12 AM (EST)
43. "Hey, hey!"
Good to see you here, sittem! Hope all is going well for you and your family in Senegal, it sounds like you're settling in quite well. Glad to see you're doing the stats, albeit without actually seeing the episodes. I wonder what it's like to let these boards be your eyes and ears for a TAR season. Between the reviews and all the fanatics/basher threads, you probably get a pretty good sense of how each episode goes.

Take care, and godspeed!

Foo dogs by Tribe

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-20-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
Oh, I am so late to the party! Unfortunately, I haven't had computer access for the past couple of days so my list is late this week. I'll be more prompt in the future. Anyway, as difficult as I always find it to make a lvoe list this early in the season, here goes:

1. Duke/Lauren - I missed the first few minutes of the show and didn't read their bios so I didn't know until later that she was gay or that her coming out had strained their relationship. I just saw them work well together and seem to get along.

2. Tyler/James - Didn't know about their pasts with addiction and rehab, either, and I'm just thankful they're probably not going to be Eric/Jeremy version 2.0.

3. Erwin/Godwin - They had their share of problems in the first leg but I think they have the potential to do really well.

4. Tom/Terry - Don't know why, but I pretty much always like the gay couple du jour. They may get on my nerves eventually, but right now I like them.

5. Dustin/Kandace - I give them credit for doing better than I expected, but I still think it will be many weeks before I can tell them apart.

6. Peter/Sarah - All props to Sarah for running the race with a prosthetic leg and taking on that extra challenge, but if you continue to demand special treatment based on said prosthetic leg, that is not going to be cool.

7. David/Mary - Looking at their picture on the CBS website today, they were the only team I had completely forgotten about. Not a good sign, but as long as Mary doesn't let David be in complete control, they may do well.

8. Lyn/Karlyn - They're okay, I guess. I don't dislike them but there are other teams I like more. I have a feeling they'll move up on my list as time goes on.

9. Kellie/Jamie - Ugh, cute, peppy cheerleaders. Bleah!

10. Rob/Kimberly - Shut up, shut up, shut up. Please don't let them become Jonathan and Victoria: The Sequel. They hurt my wittle bwain.

Philiminated:

Bilal/Sa'eed - I was seriously upset that they had to go so soon. I was really looking forward to learning more about them. Probably the most distinctive racers to ever be on the show and they're gone within the first hour. That sucks!

Vipul/Arti - Okay, let's get this out of the way --- she was absolutely beautiful. Aside from that, they seemed like very nice, good people in a strong, healthy relationship so of course, they had to be eliminated. That sucks, too!

adricharlie 1340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-20-06, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail adricharlie Click to send private message to adricharlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
It is a little early yet so I'm sure my rankings will change some but for now......

1. Tyler and James
Definitely going to be hard to beat as they seem to have their stuff together.
2. Erwin and Godwin
I like them and they should do pretty good
3. Dustin and Kandice
4. Lyn and Karlyn
5. David and Mary
6. Tom and Terry
7. Duke and Lauren
8. Kellie and Jamie
9. Peter and Sarah
10. Rob and Kimberly

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-21-06, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lasann Click to send private message to Lasann Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
I've avoid posting here because I just don't have a clear impression of any of the racers yet. But, with little commentary here's my list.

1. Duke & Lauren - they did extremely well with no shown problems.
2. Erwin & Godwin - I just like them.
3. Dustin & Kandice - seem very likeable in spite of their beauty.
4. Tyler & James - I'm sick of hearing about their addiction but think their youth and fitness will do them well.
5. Tom & Terry - I like these two but wonder about their abilities in physical competition.
6. Kellie & Jamie - I like their enthusiasm.

The rest:
7. Lyn & Karlyn - why do we have to hear their attitude?
8. David & Mary - my ancestors are Kentuckians, I lived across the river from Kentucky, but for some reason these two grate on my nerves.
9. Peter & Sarah - I just couldn't stand to watch her try to climb that wall. It made me flintch. I applaud her for finishing but the two of them irrate me.
10. Rob & Kimberly - They are like the couple no one wants to ask for dinner. Shut up!

Philminated:

Vipul & Arti - they were my pick to win it all with their language skills. I really like them. So sorry to see them go.

Bilal & Sa'eed - oh well, I would have tired of them quickly.

I've been Nutz'd

09-21-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
It’s great to be back even though I can’t watch the show. It was just to tempting to come over here and see what’s going on. Once I get the DVD I’ll still enjoy watching it and I’d have missed discussing it at that time so what the hey…. I’ve been really pressed for time and tomorrow at noon we leave for a weekend at Aldiana in Saly so I’ve gotta press through and get my personal LL done as well as the stats. After reading through y’alls comments I’ve come up with my list and I’m going to copy a representative commentary from others do describe my “feelings”. I’ll be using my shorthand for the teams as I had to develop a way to transcribe all your rankings to my spreadsheet as quickly as possible.

1. DukLa - At least he is honest about his feelings and is working through them w/ his daughter. I hope they last a long time, I really like them both!

2. ErGo - Hmmm....with the education credentials they have, they sure seemed to lack all common sense when they pulled out toy guns at the airport! WTH?!?!?! I think they will go pretty far because they seem quick and fit, but com'on guys...you would have seemed to have an advantage going to an Asian country first, yet you never took the time to learn a few words in Chinese???

3. TyJa - The Token Male Models with a twist! aka TEAM TMMT ~ Recovering drug addicts who met in rehab and are both now modeling. They could be this season's alpha males and they did come in first last night, so...

4. DusKa - I usually dislike beauty queen teams, but these two seemed surprisingly well-grounded in the first leg. Could have done without their introductions as "Miss California" and "Miss New York" to David/Mary, though.

5. PetSa - He strikes me as creepy. Not exactly sure why - maybe because he seems more focused on Sarah's leg than on Sarah herself. Some weird "Hero" complex or something. <<shudder>>

6. KelJa - Cheerleaders. EEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW Sorry I was a thespian in high school, and cheerleaders were mean. I only knew two nice cheerleaders.

7. LynKa - Astute observation about the special privilege Sarah received because of her leg. At least it was the first time you made it. You just sounded petty when you harped on it. Peter is much more deserving of your contempt.

8. DaMa - Remember that movie, Maximum Overdrive by Stephen King? Remember that newly married couple with the wife always screaming and nagging her husband? That's who immediately came to mind whenever Mary opened her mouth. I'm not saying she's bad or anything, but that's how she sounded. Ugh, irritating.

9. ToTe - a little sneaky for me

10. RobK - Why are you two together in the Race? Why are you two together at all? Ack, spare my ears! *squawk* *squawk* and….Here we go again, dysfunctional couple going on TAR to who knows what. That trick never works.

Back later tonight with the stats which may be brief this week.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-21-06, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
I am not going to rank all these teams but my favorite was the Coalminer team. They were at least something original that this season needed.

Seems like one team is a heavy favorite to win....the male models.....where have I seen this before.......zzzzzzzzzzz. Either have all mixed teams or all same sex teams.

The other team I would like to talk about is the oriental team. I wanted to like them, but then when those boogers took out the squirt guns in the airport....I was like Hello??? 911????? That was so darn stupid.

The rest of the teams are all boring.

09-22-06, 02:03 AM (EST)
48. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
I have to agree that the waterguns at the airport was in very poor taste. Bbut I was so happy to see Erwin/Godwin get a well-deserved lesson during the first leg of the race. They only beat the Black Muslims (who actually were really nice guys) to the Forbidden City by a minute or so, it was that close. They went out cocky as hell, we're buff and way well educated, hahaha, and promptly ended in the back of the pack. Classic!

09-22-06, 02:39 AM (EST)
49. "TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 Rankings "
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-06 AT 03:25 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-24-06 AT 06:24 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-24-06 AT 06:11 PM (EST)

OK - editing in some changes here are going to appear in red (other than the stats themselves.)

Tar v.10 is off to a very nice beginning. Through Thursday with three more days to post we already have 31 participants and I’m confident we’ll break the all time record here on the LL which is 33 from last season in the first week. I’ll update before the show on Sunday night. And - as of now we have 35 postings - a new TAR record!!

We have many “new” and some new posters this week. Heading up the “newbies” are
dabo with only 13,000+ posts on RTW, KeithFan, buckeygirl and Lasann . The newbies this week are FireAnt and BOYmeetsREALITY. I would credit Wacko Jacko, but he didn’t give us a full list – come back next week and commit yourself!

There’s no PAP this week, although one poster came close - me of course as I virtually copied the averages from the list other than flip flopping two teams. The first PAP rarely gets awarded until about halfway through the show. I’d still like someone with imagination to design an award for this!

There's also a few Perfect Posters that go back a few seasons, but we'll get into that more as the season progresses.

On to the rankings. They are listed in order of popularity by the group. After the name is (last weeks rank – beginning next wek). Each ranking is given a number 1 through 10. These numbers are added up and are reflected with a raw score. Next you’ll see their average rank. Then I’ll show you how many (first ranks they had) and <last ranks> they had this week.

1. Duke and Lauren – 107 – 3.1 (10)<0>
2. Erwin and Godwin – 122 – 3.5 (13)<0>
3. Tyler and James - 135 – 3.9 (3)<1>
4. Dustin and Kandice - 150 – 4.3 (4)<1>
5. Peter and Sarah - 168 – 4.8 (2)<1>
6. Kellie and Jamie - 211 – 6.0 (1)<0>
7. Lyn and Karlyn – 227 – 6.5 (1)<3>
8. David and Mary – 242 – 6.9 (1)<6>
9. Tom and Terry – 247 – 7.1 (0)<1>
10. Rob and Kimberly
– 316 – 9.0 (0)<22>

Observations:

1. Duke and Lauren premier at first position with an average 3.1, BUT, this is the weakest #1 ranking of all time other than TAR 8 (let us never speak of it again) when the Gaghan family had an average 3.13 for first place.

2. Somehow Erwin and Godwin managed to take second (instead of first) even though they had 11 first rankings compared to DukLa’s 8. However, Dukla had only 4 rankings below 5 while ErGo had 10 below a number 5. So, DukLa seems to have deeper support than ErGo.

3. Rob and Kimberly are the prototypical team to hate and gathered almost 70% (actually turned out to be 63%)
of the last place rankings with a 9.0 average. Even Jonathan and Victoria only had an 8.7 after the first week, though the Paolo’s had an 8.2 in a nine team format after the first week (sorry for mentioning T8 again). In fairness to JV, we hadn't seen all they had to offer in that first week!

4. Typical of a first week, 8 of 10 teams received first place ranks, though only 7 of 10 received lasts. 5 have received both first and last place ranks.

Where are Perfect Posters from last season like louislam (ah - you made it..great!) , gizmo_ber and willinCal as well as almost perfect FFantasyFX (and you too!)? And Cyggie – what’s up?

And to those who sent their warm greetings – hey back at’cha. Things are busy, but going well. The heat and humidity are tough at this time of year, especially with the repeated power outages and no fans when that happens. But, better weather is a month away. Haven’t watched TV since July except for 5 minutes of CNN a few times in the teacher’s lounge. I did pick up the NFL total game overseas package for one week on the net, but the game I wanted was horrible so I think I’m cured of needing a FB fix. Plus, the feed over my DSL line paused every minute or so for awhile. We had a great weekend away at a very nice resort (http://www.aldiana-senegal.info/club000.html) with great food. But, back to work tomorrow - hope it's a great show tonight!!

tinybubs 547 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-06, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tinybubs Click to send private message to tinybubs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1 Rankings "
Good to see the ole Green & Gold bobblehead bouncing along again. If your football fix was the Packer-Bears game I can understand why your interest waned quickly, and it isn't getting any better for the Packers.

Good to hear things are going well for you, sounds like quite an adventure. Hope you can keep up with the postings, its always a pleasure to hear your perspective. Take Care.

louislam 475 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-06, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
Hi sittem, I'm here~
Sorry for being late, I thought I could make it before your summary......
Anyway, here's my list:

1. Duke/Lauren
2. Dustin/Kandice
3. Tyler/James
4. Peter/Sarah
5. Kellie/Jamie
6. David/Mary
7. Erwin/Godwin
8. Rob/Kimberly
9. Tom/Terry
10. Lyn/Karlyn

may add back my comment later...

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

redbaronii 171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-23-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redbaronii Click to send private message to redbaronii Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
Late...very late...ranking...sorry.

My few take...since I don't remember each and every team and what they did (the episodes just go SOOO fast)

1. Erwin/Godwin - Well, they're capable for doing better. But no matter what, I like them (b/c they're Asian brothers)
2. Dustin/Kandace - They did better than everyone thought they could. Let's hope finally a F/F team breakout
3. Duke/Lauren - They work very well together...
4. Peter/Sarah - I like Sarah and her fighting spirit...but Peter? Little bit annoying...
5. Tyler/James - Just b/c they (luckily) win this leg and for sure to be most physically fitted team in this season
6. Kellie/Jamie - Default here. Their forever clapping/cheering is very annoying...but please...cheering would only be good for standing on the side of the finish line, not winning the race
7. David/Mary - Too much whining
8. Tom/Terry - WHO?
9. Lyn/Karlyn - Whine and whine and whine
10. Rob/Kim - "We love screaming at each other". Wrong show for it...go to Dr. Phil
==================
PHILWNED:
Arti & Vipul - Looks like fun couple, too bad would not stay in the race for too long anyway

Bilal & Sa'eed - The interesting team is gone the first episode (wait, "half" episode). I'm for sure Dept. of Homeland Security have something to do with that.

MaryKat 221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-24-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryKat Click to send private message to MaryKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
This is too late to count, but I'm posting anyhow. I missed most of the race last week, but here are my picks.

!. Erwin and Godwin
2. David and Mary
3. Dustin and Kandace
4. Peter and Sarah
5. Tyler and James
6. Duke and Lauren
7. Tom and Terry
8. Kelli and Jamie
9. Rob and Kimberly
10. Lyn and Karlyn

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-06, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: TAR Lvoe List Volume 10.1"
Thanks for your PM at the end of last season, sittem. Unfortunately, I've been on hiatus from the forums so I didn't open it until a couple days ago. I guess I have to get better about checking my inbox. Happy to see you posting, and glad to hear you're doing well.

Quick-take Rankings:

1.) Duke & Lauren
2.) Lyn & Karlyn
3.) Tyler & James
4.) Kellie & Jamie
5.) Dustin & Kandace
6.) Erwin & Goodwin
7.) Rob & Kimberly
8.) David & Mary
9.) Tom & Terry
10.) Peter & Sarah

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •