The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-05, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
Just heard this on CNN this morning http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/04/27/bush.prime.time

Haven't seen anything on CBS local station about what they are doing with the Primetime schedule.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: President speech at 8:30 pm ton... kathliam 04-28-05 1
 RE: President speech at 8:30 pm ton... Draco Malfoy 04-28-05 2
 RE: President speech at 8:30 pm ton... ohmyheck 04-28-05 3
   RE: President speech at 8:30 pm ton... Draco Malfoy 04-28-05 4
       Would this help Snidget 04-28-05 11
 RE: President speech at 8:30 pm ton... LibraRising 04-28-05 5
 RE: President speech at 8:30 pm ton... kathliam 04-28-05 6
   RE: President speech at 8:30 pm ton... Q 04-28-05 7
       RE: President speech at 8:30 pm ton... kathliam 04-28-05 8
           RE: President speech at 8:30 pm ton... Wacko Jacko 04-28-05 9
               RE: President speech at 8:30 pm ton... Snidget 04-28-05 10
       RE: President speech at 8:30 pm ton... Bebo 04-28-05 13
 RE: President speech at 8:30 pm ton... Mo0 04-28-05 12
 RE: President speech at 8:30 pm ton... Snidget 04-28-05 14
 Don't blame Canada ... for a change PepeLePew13 04-28-05 15
   RE: Don't blame Canada ... for a ch... kathliam 04-28-05 16
   RE: Don't blame Canada ... for a ch... missygirl3 04-28-05 17
 RE: President speech at 8:30 pm ton... syren 04-28-05 18
 This is what you get... RudyRules 04-28-05 19
   Missed Show because of President Joe 8939 04-28-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kathliam 3669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-28-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
I just spoke with my local affiliate and they have not yet received information from the network how this will be handled. She heard it on the radio, too!

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
Dammit.

Surely CBS will rebroadcast Saturday night. They've done it before.

"My generation was going to change the world, and all we really ended up with was classic rock channels." - SurveySez

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-28-05, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
$h!t. Draco, at least now you can watch more of Survivor Australia.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
We watched 7 episodes yesterday- Kel through Alicia.

Help us.

"My generation was going to change the world, and all we really ended up with was classic rock channels." - SurveySez

04-28-05, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Would this help"
I can be over with popcorn and beer to help you watch the rest (or food and beverage of your choice)

or is that not the kind of help you wanted

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-28-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
My affiliate (Philadelphia) was still running Survivor promos this morning for tonight.

04-28-05, 12:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kathliam Click to send private message to kathliam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
My local CBS affiliate web site now says CBS plans to start Survivor at 8:00 PM, cut away for Presidential press conference, then resume Survivor in its entirety at the conclusion of the press conference. It further says CBS plans to show all regular prime time programming, delayed by the length of the press conference. We'll have to keep watch to see whether CBS changes its plans later in the day.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-28-05, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
My Local CBS (I just spoke with them on the phone) told me they are completely in the dark. They said their programming department (and also that they are getting dozens of calls about this, so they are trying to find answers) has received absolutely no information from CBS about its plans for broadcast tonight. She said they hope to know by 5:00 or 6:00 pm what they plan to do.

I was all like, well is it not up to local affiliates to decide what to show and when? As in NC WRAL (CBS) have pulled other shows like The Cupid, or anything else they feel us wholesome Bible Belt people should not watch, or even be given the right to decide what to watch, how can you not know what you plan to broadcast in 7 hours?

Oh well I will just hope they do the same as your local, and finish the show tonight. If I only see the first half of a survivor, I will scream. It would be better to not show any of it rather than make us miss the 2nd half.

Damn President. And I thought I voted him off the Island already. Guess I was not in the Majority Alliance. And why is it he always (if 4 Total Primetime new conferences can be considered always, LOL) does these on Thursday nights. If I was CBS execs, I would simply not show this like the last time (during a finale I think), and just say, if you want to watch the Prez, turn to CSPAN or our Cable Channel.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

04-28-05, 12:48 PM (EST)
8. "RE: President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
The thing is, the affiliates have to do whatever CBS decides. This is a different situation from affiliates pulling a show they don't feel is appropriate for their market (e.g., the ABC affiliates who pulled 'Saving Private Ryan' the last time the network showed it). In that case they fill the time with another program they have on the shelf. If CBS changes its line-up, affiliates can't decide to show Survivor instead of the Prez 'cos it won't be available to them anywhere. They're stuck.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-28-05, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-05 AT 01:36 PM (EST)

Why is Bush doing this at 8:30 instead of on the hour?

Now it looks like the Apprentice and Survivor will be on at the same time.

I voted him off the island long time ago, unfortunately not enough were with me.

04-28-05, 01:44 PM (EST)
10. "RE: President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
A) That way the stations will run a 1/2 hour of "news" about the speech before the speech adding to the total impact of the speech.

B)If they cut away 1/2-way through programing people will sit and listen to the speech rather than do something else hoping it will be over soon.

C)For other reasons the :30 increases the number of people watching/number of reporters talking about it that are not listed and are beyong my ability to understand

but I have been told I am cyncial, and for the record would post the same list if it were a president of any other political party on earth

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
Remember, hon, it takes Station Manager Buford awhile to put together a cohesive thought.

You should see how long it takes for him to tie his shoes.

"If there was ever a time you wanted permission to run over a clown . . . ."

Mo0 427 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-28-05, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mo0 Click to send private message to Mo0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
My local station has a big fat red box on their website saying they don't know what's going on. Boy, good job, CBS.

-Mo0cow--
I'm not stupid, just selectively ignorant.

04-28-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
14. "RE: President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
Found this http://www.medialifemagazine.com/News2005/april05/apr25/4_thurs/news7thursday.html

"ABC has a weak schedule Thursdays, and so will likely run the speech live. As of last night no decisions had been made by any networks, but considering how tight this season has been in the viewers 18-49 race, it’s doubtful CBS, NBC or Fox will preempt.."

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Don't blame Canada ... for a change"
You guys could all move to Canada for the night. Our Global and Hamilton network feeds aren't going to be disrupted by W's warblings so all of the good shows (Survivor, Apprentice, CSI, Without A Trace) are going to be run uninterrupted and unprempted, regardless of what the U.S. networks decide.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

04-28-05, 03:29 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Don't blame Canada ... for a change"
I'll feel like a Left Coaster tonight. This is my appeal to all the Canadians to do a great Live Feed Update for us. I know you will!

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-28-05, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail missygirl3 Click to send private message to missygirl3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Don't blame Canada ... for a change"
Lucky for you Pepe. I live in grand ole' Oklahoma City where Bush is golden.I wont be watching anything but that crap and they will probably rerun it at some ungodly hour( 2 AM), if there any OKC watchers on here, our CBS station knows nothing about it.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: President speech at 8:30 pm tonight"
The affiliate in my area is not broadcasting the Pres. news conference. They are playing it on a live feed on the website.

For once WV does something right.

I actually let out a yelp when I read that they were not going to interupt Survivor.
Coherent perceptions or reckless rambling

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "This is what you get..."
For not voting for:

Flight plan by RollDdice

"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

Joe 8939 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-28-05, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joe%208939 Click to send private message to Joe%208939 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Missed Show because of President"
If anyone taped it and they don't plan to re-show it, I would pay for a tape.

Anybody? Please?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •