The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Significance of The Paint"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-30-02, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Significance of The Paint"
I believe that this has some major significance, and I've seen few speculations to this extent. Most believe it is only a psychological/visual aspect of the meeting, and has no real significance.

Theories which give the paint significance include:
1) It determines your partner for the RC.
2) It determines your partner for the IC.
3) It determines your partner for working on the details of the merge.

I can't conclude any of the above are off the mark. Theory #1 is the most logical, yet here are the problems:
1) Episode 7 does not usually have a individual/tribe reward
2) Back at the beach, they all appear to be happy and crowded around something - probably wine and comestibles - so it would not make sense to have a Food Reward at the meeting and then more food back at camp.
3) Food reward alternatives: A trip that occurs later in the day for the winning duo (all are accounted for in paint back at the beach), or immunity of some sort (but then they have blurred the lines between Reward and Immunity Challenges).

So overall, I just think that there must be a bigger significance to the paint.

Here is a crazy theory: If Tribal ICs continue for several more episodes then paint partners could be tribal replacements. Example: Sook Jai loses IC, Shii Ann is voted out, Clay must then take her place for IC challenges.

Ramifications:
1) Does SJ benefit for losing an IC? Nope, because if they use Clay in next IC, he may try to throw it. If they sit him, he is of no benefit.
2) Does CG lose for winning an IC? Yes and no, obviously they would lose Clay during IC challenges, but it would kinda keep the teams even during challenges, reducing predictable pagonging.
3) What if all Survivors vote at TC, but one tribe is immune? Great fun. So the CG may target Ken, but then they have chosen to lose Helen in ICs. This may add a lot of controversy within CG when they try to decide who to vote off.

Prop it up, shoot it down, have fun.

BI

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Fatal flaw. Rain Crow 10-30-02 1
   RE: Fatal flaw. big idiot 10-30-02 3
 RE: The Significance of The Paint dabo 10-30-02 2
   another idea hattiebaker 10-30-02 4
       RE: another idea dabo 10-30-02 5
   RE: The Significance of The Paint big idiot 10-30-02 6
       RE: The Significance of The Paint dabo 10-30-02 7
 RE: The Significance of The Paint ejm92 10-30-02 8
   Very interesting sorgee 10-31-02 13
 crazy theory: 2 drich61 10-30-02 9
   RE: crazy theory: 2 cincin 10-31-02 10
 RE: The Significance of The Paint VanQ 10-31-02 11
   RE: The Significance of The Paint big idiot 10-31-02 12
 RE: The Significance of The Paint ejm92 10-31-02 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-30-02, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Fatal flaw."
>Here is a crazy theory:
>If Tribal ICs continue for
>several more episodes then paint
>partners could be tribal replacements.
>Example: Sook Jai
>loses IC, Shii Ann is
>voted out, Clay must then
>take her place for IC
>challenges.

This would only work for the first challenge. In your example, the Suckies would wind up with Clay, who now has no matching color on the Chewies. What if (1) the Suckies lose again...no trade partner if they boot Clay and (2) why would the Suckies start voting themselves off just to let more Chewies into their tribe. Sorry, but I can't see this theory working.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

10-30-02, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fatal flaw."
Rain Crow,

Thanks for feedback, this theory desperately needs to be smacked around to see if it has any merit.

So yes, good question, what could happen if SJ loses again?

Option #1: Boot Clay

I agree, booting Clay would be a good choice, making the numbers of CG to SJ even again. No Pagong trend, viewers stay interested, ratings stay up, MB is happy. Not every boot would have a switch (like this one), but in this scenario, the next person booted is replaced by paint partner.

Option #2: Boot Erin

Why boot one of your own?? Because if Ted is doing well in challenges, he won't be able to compete against you in the next challenge. The next IC could be Brian, Helen, Jan vs Ken, Jake, Penny (sit out Ted, Clay). Those 3 may like the odds on that, and after hearing Jed's SNN interview, they are the type to do it. They may not need to sit out Ted, Ted would know that if they went back to TC, he or Clay would be gone, so it is win-win to put Ted in the IC.

MB does not want the show or the game being predictable, this spices it up a bit.

(Rain Crow, I share some skepticism, I think it may be TOO complicated for MB's blood, or too far removed from a "survival of the fittest" concept)

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-30-02, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Significance of The Paint"
Let me see if I've got this right:

They live together in one camp,
They continue to compete as tribes,
The losing tribe boots one of its own at TC,
The boot's paint partner then swaps tribes.

Wicked! I loved it, very wicked. I don't see it working with them all voting, however.

Okay, let's project this out:

Paint Buddies:
Erin/Ted
Jake/Jan
Ken/Helen
Penny/Brian
ShiiAnn/Clay

Ep 7 --
Chuay Gahn: Brian, Clay, Helen, Jan, Ted.
Sook Jai: Erin, Jake, Ken, Penny, Shii Ann.
Sook Jai loses IC, boots Shii Ann.

Ep 8 --
Chuay Gahn: Brian, Helen, Jan, Ted.
Sook Jai: Clay, Erin, Jake, Ken, Penny.
Chuay Gahn loses IC, boots Jan.

Ep 9 --
Chuay Gahn: Brian, Helen, Jake, Ted.
Sook Jai: Clay, Erin, Ken, Penny.
Chuay Gahn loses IC, boots Jake.

Ep 10 --
Chuay Gahn: Brian, Helen, Ted.
Sook Jai: Clay, Erin, Ken, Penny.
Sook Jai loses IC, boots Clay.

Ep 11 --
Chuay Gahn: Brian, Helen, Ted.
Sook Jai: Erin, Ken, Penny.
Sook Jai loses, boots Erin.

Ep 12 --
Chuay Gahn: Brian, Helen.
Sook Jai: Ken, Penny, Ted.
At this point, since sending a tribe of two to TC is absurd, a traditional merge is forced and individual immunities must commence. One of the two remaining Sook Jai is toast.

Ep 13 -- Final Four.
Brian, Helen, Ted and a Sook Jai (probably Penny unless Ken won immunity in ep 12).

Wicked! We Have a Winner!

I could barely just see this happening, probably not (way complicated keeping them painted all those weeks doncha know), but I am awarding you with the

Wicked Speculation of the Week Award!

This is totally cool, I just love it.

SMILES ARE FREE

hattiebaker 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-30-02, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hattiebaker Click to send private message to hattiebaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "another idea"
If there is a merge, would the following be possible?

What if the matching-painted pairs compete together as teams in an IC? Whichever pair wins that IC challenge, wins immunity? That is, both of the players are immune. 1 from each tribe.

10-30-02, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: another idea"
Works for me. It could only be a one-episode deal because one pair would be a solo act next week.

10-30-02, 07:36 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Significance of The Paint"
Dabo,

Thanks for the award!

Yes, your understanding of the premise is correct.

Please share why you think it would not work if all Survivors go to TC, all vote and one tribe has full immunity. I did out some scenarios and they seemed interesting (not sure of how it can't "work"...unless you mean with a specific final 4 outcome).

Thanks, BI

10-30-02, 07:54 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The Significance of The Paint"
I suppose it could work with all of them voting, but in essence the immune tribe will try to protect their original tribemate whose head is on the block. If your original tribe outnumbers the other original tribe and you have been swapped, you would automatically be protected should you lose immunity that week, your incentive becomes to lose immunity in order to retain your original tribe at strength. There are various interesting spins.

I find it much more intriguing if only the losing tribe votes, though, because it truly gets into some strategy, and swapped people know they have to perform. Plus, it creates a situation where either original tribe can gain the upper hand, or regain parity, through to the final five (at which point it becomes a scramble to get to the final two).

I hope that explains it: I just think it works better.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-30-02, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Significance of The Paint"
These are all very interesting ideas and theories, but once again, remember that Burnett isn't really aiming to please us, the viewers interested in spoilers, he is interested in gaining viewership from the general public, ie casual viewers. He isn't going to muddle things up with that sort of mess...whatever it is, it will proboably only take place this week, and I agree with the idea that there will be a paired IC, and the two winners receive immunity, or something of that sort...

Another idea I thought of (and I really haven't read much spoiling this week, so it might have already been stated)...but perhaps, intstead of ten people voting together as a group, the teams cast one vote apiece, meaning they have to come to a decision among the two of them to vote for someone? This would be a bonding experience, and help fracture some tribal alliances...and we know well enough that Ken was coming to Shii-Ann about switching sides, maybe he was referring to her agreeing to vote with Clay against a SJ? I think that could well enough be the case, and could either cause the SJ's to get rid of Ken, or the SJ's to turn on Shii...anyways, what does eveyrone else think?

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-31-02, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Very interesting"
I really like you paint partnering voting idea. It would be a HUGE twist and it would really challenge old alliances and potentially form new ones. Heck, in a way it sort of levels the playing field!

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-30-02, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "crazy theory: 2"
>Here is a crazy theory:
>If Tribal ICs continue for
>several more episodes then paint
>partners could be tribal replacements.
>Example: Sook Jai
>loses IC, Shii Ann is
>voted out, Clay must then
>take her place for IC
>challenges.

How about if instead of being the replacement, the paint partner is the person whom must sit out the next IC. Then this person becomes a member of the tribe which losses that next IC, thus making it even teams again the following week. This person would need to be given individual immunity for that TC. All players go to TC, but only the lossing tribe votes.

cincin 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-31-02, 03:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cincin Click to send private message to cincin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: crazy theory: 2"
Speculation about the paint pairs:

I think that a key goal of Burnett's is to avoid the boring pagonging. In order to do this, he has to create an incentive so that someone is enticed to vote against their own tribe. The idea that I like best is that if you and your partner make it to the final two, then each of you earn more money.

So if Shii Ann is Clay's partner, then Clay will fight with Ted/Brian to ensure that she isn't the one voted off. We would expect new alliances to form, with three pairs ganging up on the other two pairs. Or - *on the edge of our seats* - is the tribal alliance so strong that it's worth giving up the extra bonus cash? Of course, we all wonder-wonder-wonder if Shii Ann will defect, but in the end, she won't.

Perhaps the paint pairs also take part in an IC together. This would probably only happen this week, because any later than that the pairs will be uneven.

My prediction is that the votes will be 5-5 and that the tie will be broken by some lameass method that is, ultimately unsatisfying. *sorry, cyncynical*

VanQ 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-31-02, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Significance of The Paint"
I still think that if MB was to have some pivotal portion of the game based on the body paints. He would not have let ERIN bring body paints as her luxury item.
So the paints are just Erins way of conducting everyone into the newly merged tribe. And it may have been her decision or others in the tribe, to pair off male to female, based on age.

10-31-02, 11:49 AM (EST)
12. "RE: The Significance of The Paint"
Chuay Gahn is shown arriving at this meeting already painted, so it is probably not Erin's paint. Also, the vidcaps show SJ painting each other or themselves, so the tribes do not paint each other as part of a bonding experience.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-31-02, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Significance of The Paint"
Ok, so perhaps I'll try to paraphrase everything that (in my opinion) we have learned...

1. SJ comes back from TC, we'll show their reactions to the boot, and then proboably something funny happens at CG...

2. We quickly cut to a team RC, CG most likely wins, then we see Brian drinking too much of whatever they won and getting sick.

3. The teams get tree-mail with paints, it tells them to paint up before the IC, each person has to be one color.

4. Instead of a team IC, Probst reveals the secret merge.

5. An IC is held, we have no idea how many people get immunity.

6. Tribal Council...we have no idea how many people vote, who they can vote for, or who gets voted off (Although we have our varied opinions and spoils on the bootee).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •