The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Episode 7 Press Release"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-25-02, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Episode 7 Press Release"

THE CASTAWAYS ASSUME THAT IT’S TIME TO MERGE INTO ONE TRIBE, ON "SURVIVOR: THAILAND" THURSDAY, OCT. 31, ON CBS

"Assumptions" – The castaways anticipate a merge of the two tribes, on SURVIVOR: THAILAND, Thursday, October 31 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

According to their calculations, the survivors believe the two camps will merge into one…what they don’t anticipate are the details. New relationships are forged with caution while one castaway over-indulges in the fruits of their victory at the reward challenge. One castaway pursues a new strategy, which ultimately leads to accusations of disloyalty.

And, the seventh person is voted out of the tribe.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Episode 7 Press Release oatarut 10-25-02 1
   Not necessarily Chuay Gahn..... smokedog 10-25-02 2
 RE: CBS Episode 7 Press Release Chrissy gal 10-26-02 3
 CBS.com video Outfrontgirl 10-26-02 4
   RE: CBS.com video erikman 10-26-02 5
   RE: CBS.com video BMH 10-26-02 6
   RE: CBS.com video NightScribe 10-26-02 9
 RE: CBS Episode 7 Press Release Jims02 10-26-02 7
   Semi-merge Fast Eddie 10-26-02 8
 RE: CBS Episode 7 Press Release Drive My Car 10-26-02 10
   RC booze Outfrontgirl 10-26-02 11
       RE: RC booze dabo 10-26-02 12
           RE: RC booze Outfrontgirl 10-26-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

oatarut 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oatarut Click to send private message to oatarut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Episode 7 Press Release"
one castaway over-indulges
>in the fruits of their
>victory at the reward challenge.

Huh? I didnt know they had a reward challenge. Maybe this might be talking about Brian in that he gets drunk. I guess Chuay Gahn wins a reward.

Guess Sook Jai needs Robb's strength

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-25-02, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Not necessarily Chuay Gahn....."
>I guess Chuay Gahn wins a reward.

It could be the team of Brian and whomever his similarly painted Sook Jai counterpart is.

Maybe the 5 teams of two will compete in a RC, and then they all merge together. That's why Ted is comforting Brian as he is yakking his guts out.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-26-02, 02:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Episode 7 Press Release"
SB, the video on the CBS Survivor site is different from the one Thursday night. It has some interesting stuff.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-02, 05:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "CBS.com video"
Combining this train of discussion for now (until vidcaps go up of the web preview).

Web preview:

VO: This is the Survivor you've been waiting for...
(shots of SJ painting each other)

JP: The two tribes will now live together on one beach.

VO: Spirits are running high (Brian celebrating/drinking)
Brian: Jan's a lush (cap of Jan falling down drunk)

VO: With Immunity crucial the castaways face the biggest surprise
(shots of CG and SJ still competing as tribes while shackled)

JP: something very different's about to happen

VO: of this or any Survivor.

Ted: It's always dangerous to assume.

------------
A lot to sort out here.
The promo says there's an RC, which CG appears to win, because Brian and Jan are both drinking, and they aren't an RC pair.

Jiffy doesn't say they'll merge; he says the TWO TRIBES will live together on the same beach.

On top of this we see an IC that appears to be a tribal competition. My spec is that they are all getting to know each other (requisite for jury) but continue to compete as tribes, making the tribe that booted its strongest competitors oh so sorry.

Sounds like there are some other details.

Jeff's announcement that something different is going to happen is when they're all painted. Promo story arc suggests it's after the celebration (after RC), at which party they had assumed they were merging perhaps?

Presumably (yeah, watch out for assumptions) the two tribes compete for IC after Jeff's announcement, even though the challenge comes first in the promo.

If the challenge comes first they would already know the merge isn't as per usual, wouldn't they?

I can't explain the pairing by colors.

We know from the promos that Shii Ann is the one to pursue a different strategy that gets Ken to question her loyalty.
As of right now, I don't think Shii Ann is the boot this week.

I'm thinking Jan if CG loses; Erin if SJ loses; no purple rock.

This would be a great twist to pull on the tribes and to avoid a stupid tiebreaker AND a pagonging based on who gets the majority in Ep 7. It wouldn't matter in Ep 7 if they are still separated tribes in 8 or even longer. The end game would be more likely to have players from both tribes.

But that's wild spec and all subject to LOTS of change.

"Indecision may or may not be my problem"

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-26-02, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS.com video"
1 camp 2 tribes they needed that since s2. thats what sucks gets for throwing challanges to get rid of jed steph and robb there best challangers.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-26-02, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS.com video"
I agree OFG....I just have this feeling that Shii is going in episode 8..going along with the title "Sleeping with the Enemy"

I think that MB is going to play-up and forshadow Shii's iminent disloyalty but there will be so much happening in episode 7 that I doubt that a Shii defection will be the main arc in the episode..I feel episode 8 is going to really center around Shii and show has she defects to CG but ends up gettin burned in the end...

However she will make the jury if that happens..and I have a feeling that she will honestly...JMO

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-26-02, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NightScribe Click to send private message to NightScribe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: CBS.com video"
OFG, I'm not sure why you think the IC is a team competition. Maybe it's just too early in the day for logical thinking, but the vidcaps on Corcam's thread (that correlate with the press release) don't definitively show a team IC. It could very well be an individual immunity if they have a traditional merge. I'm not convinced they do, but they might be hyping this "different details" thing.
Anyway, help me figure out why you think it's going to be a team IC...

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-02, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS Episode 7 Press Release"
We have 3 different theories going around right now. It's so confusing which is the most plausible. We have:

1. No Merge: This theory I must admit is becoming unplausible, since the preview hints that there will be a merge with details. Still, we could have both tribes merge to one beach, and still living separate (yet complicated) strategies, as Outfrontgirl alluded to. We might see a "Go away, Ted, I wanna vote for Shii Ann tonight" from Ken???

Probable Boots: Shii Ann, Jan

2. Traditional Merge: This is becoming unplausible as well, because of the part about the "details." Not much more to say about this. We all know how this goes.

Probable Boots: Ken (Chewies Target), Ted (Sookies Target), possibly Brian.

3. A Switch: This could also happen on one beach and screw up a lot of strategies. This would be the situation that we'd know the least about. From the preview one could ASSUME Ken, Shii Ann, Ted, (and is that?) Clay are on one tribe. There's still too much info missing to find probable boots though.

That's just my thoughts... I'm leaning toward #1 and #3 right now

Quotes of the week
1. "You will NOT see my ta-ta's" -Shii Ann

2. "Do they think I'm too controlling?" -Helen (um, yeah)
3. "My two year old (had a tantrum) one time and I whupped its @$$ and put it back to bed." -Clay
4. "I'm putting in an order for a bigger butt in my next life." -Jan (randomly)

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-26-02, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Semi-merge"
Well, I posted this theory back in Africa but was wrong. This time I think it may happen: they merge living quarters, tools, possessions, etc. but continue to compete as separate teams. RCs result in off-site rewards, like the Thai dinner, or they could be individual rewards.

The point is this: as we've seen, team bonding is a very strong thing. It takes some time to unwind and in the meantime you have Pagonging. It's difficult to expect anything else when you put together people who have been together for some time with others who are effectively strangers. Having everyone live side by side allows them to get to know one another and start the process of cross-bonding and alliances without committing to new people and cutting off old ones.

Variation: they live side by side, but separate. Each has their own stuff. You can't touch the other team's chickens, boat, firewood, etc. When the other team gets a reward, you suffer more by actually watching them enjoy it. This all leads to some good ol' American commerce. Trade some water for firewood. Fish for bananas. You get the picture. I think it would create a whole new aspect to the game (and should be done from the beginning, IMO).

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-02, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: CBS Episode 7 Press Release"
About the alcohol, they don't necessarily have to win a reward to get it. In S2 and S3 at the merge the new tribe was given a celebration basket of food and wine. I think perhaps this is how Brian and Jan get drunk.

10-26-02, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RC booze"
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-02 AT 05:44 PM (EST)

Ebug,
At first I assumed the drinking was indeed from the merge feast.
However the press release specifically says reward challenge.

one castaway over-indulges in the fruits of their victory at the reward challenge.

"Their" victory implies plural, i.e. a group reward, although it's also a common way of avoiding pinning down the gender.

Hopefully whoever wrote the release wasn't simply guessing. CBS has been known to be pretty sloppy in its descriptions, but this is a special announcement.

Going against the idea that CG wins a reward is the conflicting info from the painted pics in which opposite tribes are paired by color, implying they may need to work together to win.

"Their" victory could also be a pair's victory, but Brian and Jan are not a pair in the circle. So why is Jan falling down drunk while Brian is ummm puking his guts out? This puzzles me.
Unless a pair wins and each gets enough booty to share with their whole tribe. I sure can't see Jan as Brian's first choice for a drinking buddy, so they must all be drinking.

Edit note to self: preview for typos, then post!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-02, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: RC booze"
We may want to consider the possibility that we are reading too much into the words "reward challenge." Given the loose usage of language sometimes officially employed, I've noted that both auctions and mergers themselves could be regarded as challenges, and the food purchased at auction and the merger feast itself being regarded as rewards. The average viewer won't care much about this stuff so it is perfect for teasing the spoiler communities. Remember the "all-new challenges" hype?

ARRRRRRR!!!!

10-26-02, 06:13 PM (EST)
13. "RE: RC booze"
Yes, dabo, and I think I just changed my mind because if you go to Survivorfever.net and look at the caps from the website promo, there's a shot of Brian, Shii Ann, and Clay partying in the water in which Brian appears to have a bottle in his hand while in the water. You can just see the top of it sticking out.

The vidcap is blurry, so I may be imagining that.
Also, Jan is painted while drinking, so the "RC" is the circle scene, which is where Jeff says the two tribes will now live on one beach and they cheer.

I suppose it's possible the painting and pairing is purely ceremonial, but I think it must have some purpose, but perhaps it's not a competition. Maybe the pairs get assigned to share gym lockers, dunno.

However, they show up for IC in two distinct tribal groups instead of as one group (see the SF caps), probably thinking they will merge. That is when Jeff says something very different is about to happen, which is likely the "bigggest surprise" ever.

To Scribe: the reason I think the IC is a tribal competition is that the caps by Corcam show members of SJ in a line, and if you watch the video and check SF caps it looks like when Ted falls down that he's near Brian.

They appear to be tied together in some way (how very symbolic) and in the old configurations, although you can't see everyone. I don't see any shot where SJ and CG members are juxtaposed in the challenge.

"Indecision may or may
not be
my problem"

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •