The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who does a Kelly/Colby run?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who does a Kelly/Colby run?"
Since SJ has done such a great job eliminating athleticism in its tribe, the merge now has very few people left who can make physical challenge runs.

Shii, Penny, and Erin are not the strongest women in SJ, nor is Jan of CG.
Ted is strong, but he won't win a foot race.
Clay... well, nuff said.
Brian seems fairly athletic, and Ken can probably show himself strong as seen as he won the RC for CG.
Jake is strong, but his strength will come more in terms of Pappy smarts in terms of using his strength wisely.

I think the person with the best chance to go on an IC run (when it counts) is Helen. How many times has she gone in search of water? More than the guys, that's for sure. She can be a bit outspoken, but she's a strong woman. If she pulls off a Kelly/Colby run, she can guarantee herself a top 2 spot.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who does a Kelly/Colby run? ulalame 10-25-02 1
 RE: Who does a Kelly/Colby run? PepeLePew13 10-25-02 2
   RE: Who does a Kelly/Colby run? Q 10-25-02 3
   RE: Who does a Kelly/Colby run? SurvivinDawg 10-25-02 5
   SPEAKING OF BALANCE evilj9 10-25-02 6
 RE: Who does a Kelly/Colby run? Spidey 10-25-02 4
 RE: Who does a Kelly/Colby run? strone 10-25-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-25-02, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Who does a Kelly/Colby run?"
My guess is Brian. I think he is the strongest and most coordinated player left, unless Ken has been concealing his athletic abilities. It could be Helen, however in the past there have always been challenges that favor men (i.e. the breath-holding underwater challenges), leading to a guy being the individual immunity challenge whore. Given that Helen is a swimmer, she could prove us wrong this season, and really shine in any water-based individual challenges. For now though, I suspect it's gonna be a guy.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-25-02, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Who does a Kelly/Colby run?"
I personally think there won't be anyone who pulls off a consistent immunity run like there were in the first three Survivors (Kelly W., Colby and to a lesser degree, Lex) and it'll be more like the last season of Survivor where almost every week, they took turns with the immunity necklace.

Brian could be athletic enough and has the smarts to do well, but I don't see him being capable to go on a major run. I see him taking it easy and avoiding wearing himself out more than necessary.

Ted is a bulldozer but can be slow as already alluded to.

Helen, I don't see her keeping up physically.

The others (Erin, Penny, Jake, Shii, Jan, Clay) ... they might win one, especially a balance competition for Penny, but that's probably it.

That leaves Ken as the best possibility to go on an immunity run. He's big & brawny and I'd think he would have good analytical and listening skills being a cop. Not sure about his foot speed or swimming ability, though, as we didn't see him swim during the lotus flower challenge in Ep.2.

No... I think it's going to be more like S4 where they take turns getting the IC necklace.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Who does a Kelly/Colby run?"
But will they use the exciting "twist" from S4 and individual immunity winners can give up (LOL) immunity to a specific person?

Sorry I could not resist. But with that fake-out switch in Ep5 and No immunity necklace switches in S4 it seems MB has one "twist" these days that falls flat. We can hope there is only 1 actually, we shall see as this season progresses.

D.R.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Who does a Kelly/Colby run?"
Agree with Pepe. I don't think there's going to be any one person making a huge run... but let's consider a couple of things.

The Final Three... spoiled/speculated so far to be Ted and Brian and one more... a Sook Jai. This could be Penny or Shii Ann, per these same rumours. THAT person will likely have to go on a mini-run to stay afloat as the pagonging of SJ commences.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

evilj9 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-25-02, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail evilj9 Click to send private message to evilj9 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "SPEAKING OF BALANCE"
If Penny can manage to get herself to the final three, she has a VERY good chance to succeed at the usual "hold on to the pole" final immunity challenge. Also, there's usually some sort of balance challenge a few episodes past merge - standing on poles out in the water and wasn't there a log balancing challenge in the Outback?

Think of her F3 potential competition (assuming the final competition will be a pole holding type challenge). Her only real threat could be Helen and Brian from CG and Ken and Erin from SJ. I don't think the others have the strength or (more importantly) the endurance. Erin is somewhat iffy, but she's used to carrying heavy off balance loads. (Sorry, just had to get one in!)

Many have speculated that Penny is the dark player that works her way into the F4 and some even say take it all. She has admitted that she kept her personal life to herself. She could align with CG (or be one of the last to get Pagonged), take Jan's 5th place slot (when Jan becomes expendable) and use her sweetness to the boys and the women thing with Helen to get Clay out the door, securing her spot in F4.

She could fly UTR for the next 2 or 3 more challenges and manage to pull it off.

I don't necessarily want to see it, but it's not like we have a choice. . .

As always, in Evil, J9

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who does a Kelly/Colby run?"

>Shii, Penny, and Erin are not
>the strongest women in SJ,

LOL! And this leaves WHO as the strongest SJ woman?

Of the three, I think Penny may have the best shot at winning more than one IC. And Erin kinda reminds me of the fabled tortise, so who knows?

strone 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-25-02, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strone Click to send private message to strone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Who does a Kelly/Colby run?"
Once the tribes merge, we will see the true survivors start to play there game. I feel that Brian, Ken, Helen any maybe Penny will do the best when it comes to the challenges. Jan, Clay, Erin, Shi and Ted our just taking up space and eventually will have the chance to smoke at the loser lodge.

Strategy of course will play alot and we will start to see who is just EXISTING, and who really is playing the game. If I had to pick 2 people for a run I would go with Ken and Helen. But then again, this is survivor, and way MB is editing, this might be easier to see sooner than we think.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •