The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-25-02, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
ON THE NEXT SURVIVOR
The two tribes anticipate a merger between them, but what they don't anticipate are the details.

New relationships are forged with caution, while one castaway parties a bit too hard.

One castaway pursues a new strategy, which leads to accusations of disloyalty.

A seventh person if voted off the island.

Brian parties too hard.
Shii-Ann and Ken are disloyal(to each other).

What are the details of the merge....anyone?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... GTmike 10-25-02 1
 New camp site bergdogg 10-25-02 2
 RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... tribephyl 10-25-02 3
   RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... ZJ 10-25-02 4
   RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... wepaxson 10-28-02 16
       RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... Bebo 10-28-02 17
 RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... Yogi 10-25-02 5
   RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... Bebo 10-25-02 6
   RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... Swami 10-25-02 7
       RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... Brownroach 10-25-02 9
 RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... MissSusan 10-25-02 8
   RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... tribephyl 10-25-02 10
       RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... cincin 10-25-02 11
           RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... fivestarwheezy 10-25-02 12
           pairing up janisella 10-27-02 15
 RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... Outfrontgirl 10-26-02 13
   tribal challenge with individual im... VanQ 10-26-02 14
 RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assu... Rebel Crown 10-30-02 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
Looks like there is a merger. I bet the detail is something
miniscule.

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-25-02, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "New camp site"
I bet that the detail is that they have to choose things that they want to take to a neutral camp site, ala S2.

The rest is obvious, and shown in the preview itself.

"This, unfortunately, is the high point of my day" - Lester Burnham

10-25-02, 04:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""

The two tribes anticipate a merger between them, but what they don't anticipate are the details.

Pretty sad when you have to reply to your own post. But, I feel as if I left something out...

Going clockwise from bottom left...
Ted
Jake
Penny
Brian
Erin
Jan....with

Ken
Helen
Clay
Shii-Ann ...rounding it out on the other side.

There have been said to have been 5 colors...one each Tmate. When they meet, the reds get with the reds and so on...Leaving 4 on one side 6 on the other....no unfair advantage...on the surface! But it would seem that there will be a natural tie on each beach...Unless someone switches!!
Set up for Shii-Ann, and "assumptions"...which might just lead to her ousting.

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 05:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
Remember Girls and Boys' Nite Out in S2? Kucha sent their girls over to Ogakor and Ogakor sent their guys to Kucha... This could be wat is happening, Helen and Clay visit Sook Jai or Ken and Shii Ann visit Chuay Gahn, they meet to discuss details of the merge, then they meet Jeff Probst at this place with the circle from the tribe they came from...

wepaxson 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-28-02, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wepaxson Click to send private message to wepaxson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
"Never assume, because it makes an "ass" of "u" and "me".

Can't see a merge this episode, because we have not had the rescue challenge (as in every other series). They may not merge it all. I seriously doubt the 5 tribe/team theory, but I wouldn't be surprised if the merge was put off till at least 2 jury members have been selected. I know, ramblings, but I do think we still need the "rescue" challenge.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-28-02, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
>"Never assume, because it makes an
>"ass" of "u" and "me".
>
>
>Can't see a merge this episode,
>because we have not had
>the rescue challenge (as in
>every other series).

In interviews, MB and Jeff both talked about the all-new challenges, so don't hold your breath waiting for the rescue challenge. There has been some discussion on whether the food auction and some of the challenges can truly be considered "new". But since the traditional Episode 2 Gross Food Challenge did not occur this time, don't count on the rescue challenge happening - there have been changes this season.

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-25-02, 06:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
It looks like the groupings (by colour) are:

A. Jan / Jake - blue
B. Clay / Shii Ann - red
C. Helen / Ken - purple
D. Ted / Erin - gold
E. Brian / Penny - orange

The pairings may be random or perhaps MB/JP may be doing some of their 'tweaking'.
Pairings could be by age (oldest/youngest, SJ/CG, male/female) except in
the case of Erin (26) and Penny (27). I have heard 3 different ages (26,27 and 30)
for Erin so perhaps the CBS website is giving us the wrong age and Erin is older than
Penny but younger than Shii Ann.

{Jeff Probst} Today something very different is happening.

This is a bit outlandish but what the hey...here goes...
Assumptions:
1. The tribes merge.
2. Their is no castaway voted off on E8 (so far this has not been listed).

MB hates 'pagonging' and we all know it makes for lousy TV. So how do
you continue with the game and avoid the inevitable that has happened in
previous seasons?

A. Jan / Jake - blue
B. Clay / Shii Ann - red
C. Helen / Ken - purple
D. Ted / Erin - gold
E. Brian / Penny - orange

Each sub-team member votes independently.
The sub-team with the most 'total' votes against it is voted off the island.
That would mean 'both' members are voted off.
There would be 2 castaways voted off during E7, then the next TC would
not be until E9, followed by a TC in E11. At that time they would be down
to 4 castaways and then could finish the game as per the usual ending.
They could also switch the sub-teams every other episode to keep the
castaways completely off balance.

Example: If the old CG tribe members want to vote Ken out then they would
only have 4 votes as Helen would not vote for Ken as she would be voting
herself out. Helen and Ken could join forces with Jake, Shii Ann and Penny
to try and vote out Ted but Erin would have to jump over to the CG side to
try and protect herself (since she is teamed with Ted). As you can see old
alliances would crumble quite quickly.

Immunity - The sub-teams compete in pairs for immunity?
Jury - No clue.

Okay, I will admit that this is most likely too complicated for the TV audience.
Hopefully there will be some parts that are worth discussing.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
2. Their is no castaway voted off on E8 (so far this has not been listed).

Yes it has. When TV Guide Online updated their listings yesterday, here was the entry for E8:

Survivor: Thailand
Sleeping with the Enemy
60 min.
An eighth person is voted off the island. Jeff Probst is the host.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
Immunity - The sub-teams compete in pairs for immunity?

If they compete for immunity in pairs, two people, one from each tribe, would receive immunity for that week. Still, one person could be voted off in each week's tribal council, as is the tradition. They have to vote someone off every week for ratings.

Strategies would be different if 2 were immune, and the result would be a final 3 that did include members of both tribes. We do have other spoilers that 2 CG and 1 SJ are the fianl 3. This would guarantee a 2/1 combination of some sort.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-02, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
>If they compete for immunity in
>pairs, two people, one from
>each tribe, would receive immunity
>for that week. Still,
>one person could be voted
>off in each week's tribal
>council, as is the tradition.

But what would happen to the voted-off person's partner the following week? There's an odd number of people on the tribe in every other episode. They compete in pairs when there's an even number and individually at the others? Naah -- that seems ludicrously complicated.

I don't think the pairs are going to have any significance after this episode. Maybe not even during it.

MissSusan 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissSusan Click to send private message to MissSusan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
I'm not quite sure a merge is happening at this point. In Yahoo! in their Survivor game, you vote for who's getting the boot and usually for what tribe wins immunity. For the next episode, they're asking what member will win "the first immunity" possibly meaning there will be more than one that night??? Not sure, this may be nothing.

10-25-02, 06:13 PM (EST)
10. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
welcome aboard MissSusan.

I'm not quite sure a merge is happening at this point. In Yahoo! in their Survivor game, you vote for who's getting the boot and usually for what tribe wins immunity. For the next episode, they're asking what member will win "the first immunity" possibly meaning there will be more than one that night???

It seems from your post that you might be answering your own question. Yahoos Survivor Game used to ask which tribe wins immunity....now "they" ask which member wins "the first immunity". This is the first individual immunity, not the first of many immunity challenges that day/night.
Therefore, the tribes do merge and they compete as individuals for the first immunity challenge.

cincin 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-25-02, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cincin Click to send private message to cincin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
*nervously types first post ever*

I like the idea that the tribe member's color links them to a member of the opposing tribe, and that this linkage becomes relevant in this episode. I also agree with the general consensus that there will be a merge that is not-all-that-different from what we have seen before.

I think that the linked players will have a private meeting and maybe spend some time alone together. I think that Burnett is hoping for some alliances to form across tribes. With 5 possibilities, maybe one will pan out? Maybe Clay-ShiiAnn? This method might help avoid the boring post-merge pagonging. I felt like that was his intention when he gave Kathy and Robfather so much quality time together.

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-25-02, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
Welcome CC!

Wheezy

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-27-02, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "pairing up"
LAST EDITED ON 10-27-02 AT 11:33 AM (EST)

I think that the linked players will have a private meeting and maybe spend some time alone together. I think that Burnett is hoping for some alliances to form across tribes.

Maybe MB is going to have them get to know each other by some twisted form of "speed dating" and the colors just indicate where they start (then wouldn't it be a hoot if FOX sued MB for stealing an idea from "Love Cruise"?).

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-26-02, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
Once again I am willing to fall for the hype.
Maybe I should know better, but when they hyped the swap in S3 a lot of people said it would be no big deal. It was a big deal.

The web promo says this is the one Survivor we've been waiting for, where "the castaways face the biggest surprise of this or any Survivor."

That's a huge claim. So even if you subtract a heap of hype, I think we will still see a major change in the rules.

The most obvious possibility to me is that they live on one beach and get to know each other (for the jury to know everyone) but they continue to compete as tribes for immunity.

This twist would punish them for a giant Assumption: that they needed to boot the candidates for immunity runs prior to the merge. SJ booted its three strongest players; they would have gone from most athletic tribe to having three girls, the oldest guy, and Ken to carry all the challenge weight Robb was handling.

This would make Jeff's pointed comments to them about their choice to boot the RC MVP extremely ironic, as he watches them commit tribal suicide out of a misguided assumption.

However, this theory needs to account for why SA appears to be courting the other tribe and gets accused of being disloyal/warned by Ken that her decision will mark how she is perceived for ever after.

Unless--she courts CG prior to IC, assuming they're about to merge (see Sfever cap of her in water with Brian and Clay), and then finds out she's hung herself out to dry because the tribal lines still hold.

Not that she wasn't toast in SJ anyway without a merge.

Alternately, if CG goes back to TC, they will clearly boot Jan.
We can say that Jan has been waved at us as a red herring, which may be true.

Or we can say that no one expects Jan to be vulnerable this episode because she's not a merge target, so she'd be a surprise boot who just happens to have had a ton of gratuitous face time.

"That's my story and I'm sticking to it ... for now"

VanQ 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-26-02, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ Click to send private message to VanQ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "tribal challenge with individual immunity"
One part of the equation that doesnt fit completely is asking Shii Ann if she is still loyal (assuming to sook jai). If only one team was vulnerable at TC, then why does he have to court her vote?

What if there is immunity challenge based on tribes, BUT they can choose only one person from their tribe for immunity? AND all merged tribe members get to vote.

This would definitely rock any alliances, because you would have to show your teammates who was in your alliance when discussing strategy for who should be immune.

Say SJ won immunity, one of them could still be voted off if one of the SJ decided to switch.
Do you pick your strongest person (Ken) to be immune? Or the most vulnerable person perhaps with the most votes.

This would definitely throw things into major turmoil. No tribal alliances would be safe, living together, voting strategies could change every few hours or minutes when deciding who will be immune.

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-30-02, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: See-BS Misdirection EP. 7 "Assumptions""
Wasn't there a rule implented at one point about the immunity winner switching the immunity necklace to someone else? Is it still in place? With the purple rock debacle still fresh in my mind, I have not heard if this rule was still in effect.

If it is in effect, could this be the *assumption* made - that the IC winner will be the one immune at TC?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •