The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Firewall problem fixed."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-10-08, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Firewall problem fixed."
LAST EDITED ON 07-10-08 AT 12:19 PM (EST)

(Censored) Mole.

Try this one on for size: the system wouldn't allow me to paste from OpenOffice or WordPad to the browser window. Somehow, the firewall had decided this was an attempt to hijack the Internet connection through a secondary program. The issue has been tracked down and shot, so pasting is once again possible and has been done: there's a new segment up. I'm starting to feel like this project is majorly cursed.

Oh, well. Nothing to do but plug away and wait for the hard drive to melt.

What's the stupidest thing your computer has ever insisted it couldn't do? 'cause personally, I think I've got y'all beat.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Firewall problem fixed. grit 07-10-08 1
   RE: Firewall problem fixed. Estee 07-10-08 2
       RE: Firewall problem fixed. grit 07-10-08 5
 RE: Firewall problem fixed. cahaya 07-10-08 3
 RE: Firewall problem fixed. Snidget 07-10-08 4
   RE: Firewall problem fixed. grit 07-10-08 6
       RE: Firewall problem fixed. Snidget 07-10-08 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-08, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Firewall problem fixed."
My computer decided it couldn't run with a hijacker installed somewhere deep in the registry.

I had to take it out back and shoot it.

The plus side: We've got a TV tuner in the new computer so I could watch the finale of Hell's Kitchen while doing other work on the computer.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-08, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Firewall problem fixed."
I wonder what the California Electronics Recycling Act has to say about shooting computers...

07-10-08, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Firewall problem fixed."
Good thing I live in NY.

My husband works with computers for a living. In his profession, shooting computers is generally considered a good thing.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-08, 12:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Firewall problem fixed."
I just fixed DW's PC last night. It wouldn't shut down. An exception error would come up, and then after X-ing it, another one would pop up, ad infinitum. I had to use ctl-alt-del to kill the process.

Then I ran a virus and registry check and cleaner. 509 errors fixed.

Surfkitten Summer sigshop 2008

I told her no more downloads from Malaysian sites!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-08, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Firewall problem fixed."
LAST EDITED ON 07-10-08 AT 12:56 PM (EST)

Usually my worst problem has been in a Mac when the CD isn't good so it doesn't load.

And you can't eject it

Because it didn't load

It doesn't exist

But it needs to be ejected.

But you can't eject what doesn't exist.

Now the older macs had the special hole you stuck an unfolded paper clip into to force it out. New Mac will spit it out when it restarts.

From the Who Knew Agman was psychic collection.

07-10-08, 12:45 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Firewall problem fixed."
You weren't one of those people who told me to buy a Mac when I got that virus on my PC, were you?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

07-10-08, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Firewall problem fixed."
I don't think so, but they are a lot less likely to get viruses because they don't have the majority of the market share and the people who want to cause trouble spend more time where they can cause more trouble.

Fewer viruses doesn't mean there aren't other quirks.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •