The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"'You have a contractual obligation to let me win money!'"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-08-08, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"'You have a contractual obligation to let me win money!'"
Suing the lottery because you didn't win is stupid. Suing the lottery because you had no chance to take the top prize is -- to be determined in a court near you, because if this thing goes through, there's going to be copycat suits all over the place. This could be one of the biggest class-action fields ever.

You could argue the suit was designed not to be won -- it's just a means of calling attention to whatever amount of issue might be present. But judges and juries have done some strange things...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/07/lottery.tickets/index.html

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 'You have a contractual obligat... HobbsofMI 07-08-08 1
 RE: 'You have a contractual obligat... byoffer 07-08-08 2
   RE: 'You have a contractual obligat... PepeLePew13 07-08-08 3
 RE: 'You have a contractual obligat... frisky 07-08-08 4
   RE: 'You have a contractual obligat... Estee 07-08-08 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-08, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 'You have a contractual obligation to let me win money!'"
I think in MI they have what prizes that are left posted by the instant tickets in each store.

GO WINGS!
sig by Pepe, bouncy by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-08, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 'You have a contractual obligation to let me win money!'"
So the top prize is gone, but presumably there are many other prizes still available, all that exceed the ticket price.

But this does raise an interesting question about announcing winners before all the tickets are sold.

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-08, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 'You have a contractual obligation to let me win money!'"
There was a little kerfuffle a couple years ago during the annual Tim Horton's Roll Up The Rim contest. I remember that they had updated the totals won for each of the items, including the car, and the number of cars won had reached the final total while there were still roll-up cups left in the stores. Sure, they still had other prizes available, such as BBQs, boats and TVs, but the car was the big prize that most people wanted.

As far as I knew, Tim Horton's continued to give out these cups with coffee orders and it was only a small peep out of the masses over it. Who knows, maybe Can'tadians are more polite and don't feel like suing over this?

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-08, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 'You have a contractual obligation to let me win money!'"
LAST EDITED ON 07-08-08 AT 09:21 AM (EST)

There is a similar flap up here, although the outcry is limited to a few rogue message boards dedicated to getting stuff for free.

There's this contest that Nestle is running called the Blue Freezer Quest. There are four Nestle blue freezers hidden in Canada, and each day or two, a new clue is posted on the website. The first person who guesses the correct location of the freezer wins $25K. For each guess you need a new PIN, found on the inside wrapper of the Drumstick.

The first two freezers have been found and we are now working on the third.

The problem is that some people suspect that Nestle is holding back on announcing that freezers are being found, so that people will continue buying their Drumsticks and wasting PINs on guesses that are futile, since the freezer has already been found.

Their are five fields on the guessing page. They are province, city, street, place, and location. The first freezer was Ontario, Toronto, Jane Street, Canada's Wonderland, at the front of the line of the new Behemoth ride.

You can see that the location is very specific.

For the first four fields, you get immediate feedback. It will say correct or incorrect next to each of these fields. If they are all correct, you apparently get something saying "you may be a winner and someone will call you within four days if you are the first person to have guessed correctly." So a bunch of people got this message and thought they won, but then they didn't hear anything for four days. Meanwhile, they noticed on the website that the contest was still open and it appeared that the freezer was still up for grabs.

Then, they announced who won and what the correct guess was. Lots of people are ticked off because they guessed "Behemoth ride" or "in line at Behemoth" or "on Behemoth" and weren't told that they were incorrect or not specific enough so that they could keep guessing.

This all happened again with the second freezer which was found after only three clues in Victoria BC on Government Street, buried in the time capsule under the gates to Chinatown. (There are two time capsules and you had to be specific as to which one.)

So, Nestle let people buy Drumsticks and plug in the PINS when the $25K was already won -- twice.

The next freezer is in Halifax, Nova Scotia. I can't nail down a street, but it's probably already been won. I am sofa king sick of Drumsticks.

I wouldn't be surprised if this 'Merican lottery uproar doesn't nudge some of these angry Blue Freezer people toward the media.

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-08, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 'You have a contractual obligation to let me win money!'"
I just want to know how they kept anyone from seeing a huge blue freezer blocking the ride entrance for a couple of weeks.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •