The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

franksantlers 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-22-02, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail franksantlers Click to send private message to franksantlers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
This is a post that I read on Survivor Sucks and thought that I can cut and paste it here. What do you think?:
------
Hi everyone. I'm kind of a lurker, but I found something out that might be huge that I had to share (I have never posted, or even registered a name before today. I have seen what you guys do to first time posters, so please go easy on me ).

My brother-in-law and his wife just got back from a vacation in Hawaii. They are semi-survivor fans (whereas I have been hooked since day 1 on Pulua Tiga), so they passed along something they heard while out there. They were paired up with another couple on a golf course. As they got to talking, it turns out they were both from New Zealand, and both worked on Survivor 5 this summer for some company called Living Productions or Living Film Company (or something like that).

Apparently, the Survivor guys use local film crews to help during the show, and that is where they came in. His job was involved with filming, not as a cameraman, but some type of assistant to them in charge of equipment. She was like a "gopher". (My brother-in-law said he laughed when she said one of her jobs was sometimes making sure the portable showers had cold water LOL).

Now for the interesting part - they claimed to know who the final 4, 3 and 2 were, and had a strong opinion on even who won. Now, as I mentioned above, my brother-in-law and his wife are semifans, so names really didn't mean anything to them when they were talking. Essentially, what he remembered the guy saying was: "the black guy, "the guy with shaggy blond hair", "the older woman", and "the little blonde girl" were the FINAL 4. This has got to be Ted, Brian, Helen (or Jan I guess) , and Penny.

He said Helen (or Jan) was the first to go, and that Penny won the final challenge where they had to "honor an island princess". (I'm not sure what that last part means - I thought the last challenge was always hand on the idol or something similar.) She apparantly takes Ted with her to the final 2. He said nobody knows the actual votes, but the crew seems to think it is evenly divided. He said he thinks she wins, but that was just his opinion.

In case you are wondering, my brother-in-law asked about them getting in trouble for talking, and they basically said "good luck trying to track them down". Apparently, they jump around the globe alot, and they have connections that get them free-lance type jobs whenever they need them.

Oh - there was on other little tidbit he told them. I don't know if it has any spoiler value but I'll pass it along anyway. He said that not all the contestants left at the same time. Is that normal? He said after the shooting was over, alot of the production group stayed at the same hotel (Bangkok Armani or something) as the survivors, and there were only 8 or 9 that were there (including the ones he listed above). I guess that could be the jury?? I thought all of them stayed together going home, but maybe not. It probably doesn't mean anything.

So, that's it. If you have any questions, I will be happy to ask my brother-in-law to see if he remembers talking about anything else. If you ask a question and don't hear from me quickly, don't worry. I travel alot in my job and have limited access to a computer. I try to login at least every evening though for a few minutes, so I will check back again tomorrow.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The actual link franksantlers 10-22-02 1
 Uncle Cameraman Redux!!! SurvivinDawg 10-22-02 2
   It's Not Uncle Cameraman... IceCat 10-22-02 4
   He sounds so genuine though! franksantlers 10-22-02 5
       RE: He sounds so genuine though! true 10-22-02 6
           RE: He sounds so genuine though! franksantlers 10-23-02 11
       RE: He sounds so genuine though! PepeLePew13 10-23-02 10
           RE: He sounds so genuine though! franksantlers 10-23-02 13
               More examples of non-authenticity SurvivinDawg 10-23-02 19
       RE: He sounds so genuine though! BaquaR13 10-23-02 42
 RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? Spidey 10-22-02 3
   RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? SurvivinDawg 10-23-02 23
       RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? Spidey 10-23-02 26
 Aah, New Zealand! SuperClyde 10-22-02 7
   RE: Aah, New Zealand! erikman 10-22-02 8
 Webby, please lock shakes the clown 10-22-02 9
   RE: Webby, please lock PepeLePew13 10-23-02 12
   Please don't lock! franksantlers 10-23-02 14
       RE: Please don't lock! ivoryElephant 10-23-02 15
 RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? PepeLePew13 10-23-02 16
   RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? Outfrontgirl 10-23-02 18
       that's the point shakes the clown 10-23-02 31
           RE: that's the point Outfrontgirl 10-23-02 34
               RE: that's the point shakes the clown 10-23-02 36
 RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? Outfrontgirl 10-23-02 17
 RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? dabo 10-23-02 20
   RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? Griffe 10-23-02 28
   RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? anotherkim 10-23-02 50
 RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? snoocharoo 10-23-02 21
 RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? fivestarwheezy 10-23-02 22
 RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? MC_Hampster 10-23-02 24
   Snopes.Com franksantlers 10-23-02 27
       RE: Snopes.Com MC_Hampster 10-23-02 29
   Furthermore to this point... SurvivinDawg 10-23-02 30
 RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? Q 10-23-02 25
 RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? Outfrontgirl 10-23-02 32
   RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? shakes the clown 10-23-02 33
       RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler? Outfrontgirl 10-23-02 35
           Are you kidding me shakes the clown 10-23-02 37
 My brother-in-law's wife franksantlers 10-23-02 38
   RE: My brother-in-law's wife shakes the clown 10-23-02 39
       RE: My brother-in-law's wife franksantlers 10-23-02 41
 Update franksantlers 10-23-02 40
   its starting already shakes the clown 10-23-02 43
       RE: its starting already Outfrontgirl 10-23-02 45
       RE: its starting already George Tirebiter 10-23-02 47
           RE: its starting already Outfrontgirl 10-23-02 49
           RE: its starting already PepeLePew13 10-24-02 58
       RE: its starting already anotherkim 10-23-02 51
       RE: its starting already franksantlers 10-24-02 60
           Oh um... dabo 10-24-02 62
   LMAO at Poipoi Outfrontgirl 10-23-02 44
       RE: LMAO at Poipoi sweetpea 10-23-02 46
           RE: LMAO at Poipoi Outfrontgirl 10-23-02 48
               excuse me if I don't cry for you OF... shakes the clown 10-23-02 52
                   RE: excuse me if I don't cry for yo... George Tirebiter 10-23-02 53
                       RE: excuse me if I don't cry for yo... Round Robin 10-23-02 54
                       RE: excuse me if I don't cry for yo... corcam 10-24-02 56
                       RE: excuse me if I don't cry for yo... fivestarwheezy 10-24-02 61
 Why? Drive My Car 10-24-02 55
   RE: Why? corcam 10-24-02 57
   Really franksantlers 10-24-02 59
       Let's Get Real dabo 10-24-02 63
 Locking AyaK 10-24-02 64

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-22-02, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail franksantlers Click to send private message to franksantlers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The actual link"
The actual link to the discussion:

http://pub124.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=14836.topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-22-02, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Uncle Cameraman Redux!!!"
Say hello to your daddy uncle... Uncle Cameraman!

Excuse me while I don some fire retardant clothing, anticipating shakestheclown's arrival...

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-02, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "It's Not Uncle Cameraman..."
It's Cousin Grip and Auntie Scriptgirl!

10-22-02, 11:03 PM (EST)
5. "He sounds so genuine though!"
The poster sounds very sincere, I'm giving him/her the benefit of the doubt for now. He/she has a lot of questions posed to him/her on that Sucks thread. I'll see how she/he resonds and go from there.

Do you know who Paratrooper is? Paratrooper is an excellent spoiler of Survivor. This person's post goes pretty much hand in hand with Paratrooper's speculation that at least 1 (maybe 2) of the final three is Chuay Ghan.

Why do you think his/her post is false?

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-02, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: He sounds so genuine though!"
Why do you think his/her post is false?

See your comment below.

Do you know who Paratrooper is? Paratrooper is an excellent spoiler of Survivor. This person's post goes pretty much hand in hand with Paratrooper's speculation that at least 1 (maybe 2) of the final three is Chuay Ghan.

Anybody who has seen paratroopers site could have MADE UP this same story.

HOAX.

10-23-02, 00:05 AM (EST)
11. "RE: He sounds so genuine though!"
Yeah, come to think of it, one can base their spoiler by reading PT's site. Good point true.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: He sounds so genuine though!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-02 AT 00:06 AM (EST)

>Why do you think his/her post
>is false?

Well, for one, the brother in law has provided an awful LOT of detailed information off the top of his head for a supposedly "semi-survivor fan" (gimme a break... can't recall any names but can clearly remember the shaggy blond hair and that kind of shit?) and, secondly, it has been proven repeatedly that you cannot take hearsay seriously.

All this person did was see what kind of gossip is there on the various boards and then tie it all together to make a reasonably valid final four -- which many people have already got a pretty good idea of who could be in it, so even if Cousin FancyScripts happens to get lucky with the final four outlined here, it's not going to be a total fluke.

Mmmm, now where the hell is that bag of marshmallows I was saving to be roasted over a humungous flame that I feel is coming on?

10-23-02, 00:10 AM (EST)
13. "RE: He sounds so genuine though!"
*guffaw*

Gonna make some Smores, on account of the flames that I will be getting, eh?

Well, to be perfectly clear, I read this post on Sucks, I am not the author of the post. So it's not my cousin fancy scripts, it's someone else's.

I'll like your skepticism, but I wonder if this spoiler is TRUE, is there any way to prove it? Yeah, if there is a princess of the island immunity challenge as the last IC of S5.

Other than that, this guy could have guessed the final four and their boot order and lucked out.

10-23-02, 06:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "More examples of non-authenticity"
Okay, Frank, let me give you one more reason why I think this is a hoax:

Oh - there was on other little tidbit he told them. I don't know if it has any spoiler value but I'll pass it along anyway. He said that not all the contestants left at the same time.

We already KNOW that Tanya's father died and that she left early (Day 38, I believe). So yes, this is absolutely true; they did not all come back at the same time... but it's the kind of thing that most of us know and is EASY to write about.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-23-02, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: He sounds so genuine though!"
I think Paratrooper is wrong, there is no way 3 chuay ghan make it to the final three. Especially Jan!! BTW, definetly false.

The Reality Show Queens!!

BaQuAr13

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-02, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-02 AT 10:48 PM (EST)

Edited because Sdawg beat me to it by a minute. You can delete my post now. But do I still get to keep the DAW?

10-23-02, 10:45 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
Yes, the DAW is yours... and have another replying to this post telling me what a great DAWg I am for replying to you!

You can't spell DAWg without "DAW".. or is that "you can't.." oh, nevermind...

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
Ah, thank you Dawg. I am so shameless....

I have been a lurker since S1 and a poster since late S2 or early S3 (can't remember), although my DAWs don't reflect it. But I have been on a rampage (for me, anyway) lately, posting several times a week. Usually, I totally agree with many posts but have little to add, and it just seems like a waste of bandwidth to post to just agree. I should head over to Bashers more often, where the tolerance for silly posts is much higher.

SuperClyde 87 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-22-02, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SuperClyde Click to send private message to SuperClyde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Aah, New Zealand!"
The most beautiful country I've ever seen. I definitely enjoyed my month there - the beautiful volcanic mountains across islands in the Pacific, the many gorgeous beaches, the incredible surf, and more golf courses than you can shake nine sticks and a putting wedge at!
And the people! I've met tons of people while in New Zealand and in my travels around the world. These people love to travel! All of my Kiwi friends (and I have dozens) have been just about EVERYWHERE!

It makes me wonder, though (Is the sarcasm coming in too thick? Am I enjoying this too much?) that none of my Kiwi buddies has ever been to Hawaii. Clearly there'd be an appeal to travel far, far away to a place that's almost as nice the land in which you grew up but three times more expensive for a much-needed vacation from the the constant stress and low, low pay of being a television production assistant!

It also makes sense to me to bank on the low likelihood of being tracked down through connections that get them jobs in a competitive industry when deciding to share a secret contractually protected by liquidated damages of roughly 10.5 million NZD to seem cool to the Americans I've met on a golf course just a short time prior.

I say, congratulations to Penny then (or Jan, if she can be considered the "blonde girl"). Well, I guess there's no need to watch the rest of the season, since this spoiler seems so airtight.

(Cut to next scene: Penny walks away with $1 million as, for the first time in many, many tries, an Uncle Cameramanesque spoiler ends up being true. After all, a mutual friend told me that Sean Kenniff made it far into the game but didn't win . . .)

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-22-02, 11:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Aah, New Zealand!"
this is art bell 2 golf course black guy makes f4, even though i think 3 of his f4 are true.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-22-02, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Webby, please lock"
....and do it soon, before anyone else has a chance to post the following comments that are sure to follow from SB posters who all have one thing in common, that being that they each one of them will have under 50 total posts on the spoiler board..

Here is a sampling of the comments that you will be saved from provided that Webby gets in here and locks this thing asap...

"I don't know dude, it sounds believable to me."

"But look, its been right so far"

"Why would anyone lie about something like that"

"Its sooo detailed it HAS to be true...who could make all that up"

"But the person who posted it sounds so sincere"

Oh wait, that last one has already been used in this thread..even more of a reason to hurry and lock. The sad thing is, you know Survivor is on the down slope when the hoaxes are so bad that you yearn for the days of UnkleCameraman, Gervace X and the sea faring kangaroos.

LAMEST. HOAX. EVER.

10-23-02, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Webby, please lock"

>The sad thing is, you know Survivor is on the
>down slope when the hoaxes are so bad that you
>yearn for the days of UnkleCameraman, Gervace X and the
>sea faring kangaroos.
>
>
>LAMEST. HOAX. EVER.

Gather around, boys and girls, I thought I'd use this occasion to bring back the greatest story of them all....
The Legend of the Sea Faring Kangaroos brought to you by IceCat.

10-23-02, 00:13 AM (EST)
14. "Please don't lock!"
"The sad thing is, you know Survivor is on the down slope when the hoaxes are so bad that you yearn for the days of UnkleCameraman, Gervace X and the sea faring kangaroos."

You're funny.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-23-02, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Please don't lock!"
I was over at survivorsucks and saw this.

I cam RUNNING over hoping no one had posted it yet.

But I was too late.

Why oh why must we be exposed to these insufferable hoaxes every season?

give.me.a.break.

If this person is telling the truth then I am a real ladies man with dozens of women falling all over me.

Hoax
you ARE the weakest link
Goodbye

-congratulations to Clay Jordan, the winner of survivor Thailand-

UTR Winner: Penny or Jake
Rooting for: Helen

10-23-02, 02:42 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
Oh yeah... and also wanted to point out one more thing.

>My brother-in-law and his wife just
>got back from a vacation in Hawaii.

So why is this charlatan saying "My brother-in-law and his wife?" If you ever had any doubt left over that this story is completely full of crap, frankselephant, this should dispel any.

Now... as shakes said, let's lock this thread.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 03:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
Pepe,
Sure it's probably a hoax, but I'm confused about the brother-in-law line proving it.

One's wife's brother is a brother-in-law, and he could have a wife, no?

Obviously if you're talking about your sister's husband, the wife would be your sister and the phrase would be weird, but the other relationship works...

10-23-02, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "that's the point"
>Obviously if you're talking about your
>sister's husband, the wife would
>be your sister and the
>phrase would be weird, but
>the other relationship works...

...that's the point OFG, why would anyone EVER refer to their sister as "my brother in law and his wife"?????? If anything it would be "my sister and her husband"

Aside from the 15 or so reasons why this is obvioulsy a hoax that statement alone is enough to convince me that this is total and utter BS.

And why hasn't this been locked yet?

10-23-02, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: that's the point"
Yes, I got the point Shakes, except that I wanted to point out that in the case of your wife's brother's wife you WOULD likely say that, as it's not even a blood relationship Give the guy credit for making one less stupid mistake than you think?

And for the sake of playing devil's advocate, why should the thread be locked? When people are done being amused it will simply fall off the page.

*now returning to time out status*
*this makes me wish I knew how to play golf *

10-23-02, 09:15 PM (EST)
36. "RE: that's the point"
>And for the sake of playing
>devil's advocate, why should the
>thread be locked? When
>people are done being amused
>it will simply fall off
>the page.

...sure, its amusing now and people are having fun with it, but it won't be so amusing in a few weeks when idiots are bumping it to talk about its validity because Brian, Ted, Penny and either Helen or Jan are still in the game. Then it will just be annoying and you'll be wishing it was locked back when dear old Shakes was suggesting it.

10-23-02, 03:00 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
If not a researched hoax, they got the production company right.
So they put some thought into it.

The website for LivingFilms is kind of fun to surf even though there's no spoiler info I can see:

http://www.livingfilms.com/php/project/tv_series/survivor.php

The backstory isn't that bad. Why would New Zealanders go to more expensive Hawaii? World-class golf courses. The best designers in the world have built courses here.

Sitting here in Hawaii I can tell you that it's not beach activities that are the core of the tourist draw any more. It's golf, and people come from all over the world.

I can see people saying anything over a game of golf. The atmosphere here is pretty free of paranoia! If you're going to let your guard down, golfing in Hawaii would be a good spot. Alcohol would be involved, naturally.

That said, it's probably a hoax building on tips that are out there, but it's not impossible that it could happen on the face of it.

*likes it solely for the stupid reason that it involves Hawaii *

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
I must say, I do like the "honor the island princess" bit, franksantlers, so thank you for bringing this to our attention. Obviously, since the National Enquirer says Penny doesn't win the million, Ted does. Glad that's solved. Or maybe Jake ends up with a really really deep tan out there in Thailand ......... Damn! Oh, well.

I do have to wonder why someone who has been a Survivor addict since day 1 would all of a sudden post a spoiler of such magnitude when having never posted anything whatsoever ever before. Someone signed up at Sucks should ask that poster about that.

Anyway, I do like the "honor the island princess" thing, that was a nice touch.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Griffe 40 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Griffe Click to send private message to Griffe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
The island princess, though a nice touch, is another mark against it. LOL...the island is known for it's prison and for pirates...not princesses.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
"Obviously, since the National Enquirer says Penny doesn't win the million, Ted does. Glad that's solved. Or maybe Jake ends up with a really really deep tan out there in Thailand ......... Damn! Oh, well."

LMAO.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-23-02, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
Mmmmmmmmmm yummy, flaming idiots for breakfast! *wonders what the soup du jour is*

Snoocharoo

"Happiness is a warm gun"

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-23-02, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
Whenever my husband and I travel, we do different things for a living too! One time my husband (who is a worship pastor in real life) was a gynocologist. We went to a party in Cancun and somebody fell down the stairs--our new Cancun friends yelled Help! Doctor! Somebody's hurt! It took us a minute to figure out they were calling to my Hubby--busted!

Next vacation, I wanna be a cameraman!!!

Wheez

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-23-02, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
There are so many reasons to dismiss this "spoiler" it's not even funny:

... brother-in-law and his wife ...

Of course, this kind of stuff never actually happens to the person posting, we get to go through some "family" connection.

...Living Productions or Living Film Company (or something like that)...

Sure, drop the name of the productions company, but make it sound like you aren't sure. Then people will look it up and magically, it will be correct.

... His job was involved with filming, not as a cameraman, but some type of assistant to them in charge of equipment ...

Obviously the hoaxster is familiar with Uncle Cameraman....

... (My brother-in-law said he laughed when she said one of her jobs was sometimes making sure the portable showers had cold water LOL) ...

Ahhhh, how sweet. Yes, throwing in a completely useless detail makes it all the more beleivable.

Now for the interesting part - they claimed to know who the final 4, 3 and 2 were, and had a strong opinion on even who won. Now, as I mentioned above, my brother-in-law and his wife are semifans, so names really didn't mean anything to them when they were talking. Essentially, what he remembered the guy saying was: "the black guy, "the guy with shaggy blond hair", "the older woman", and "the little blonde girl" were the FINAL 4.

As mentioned already, they couldn't remember names but they could remember these goofy descriptions?

He said Helen (or Jan) was the first to go, and that Penny won the final challenge where they had to "honor an island princess". (I'm not sure what that last part means - I thought the last challenge was always hand on the idol or something similar.)

Ah yes, so the hoaxster obviously has seen postings about the fact that Jeff has said no old challenges. But play dumb like you don't know it, even though you've claimed to be a long time lurker and avid fan.

He said that not all the contestants left at the same time. Is that normal?

Again, the poster claims to be a lurker and fan and doesn't even know some of the basics of the game? Plus, again as mentioned before, we know Tanya left early. Seemed to be pretty common knowledge on the boards, but this person conveniently didn't know that.

Man, I love this stuff.

-MC

10-23-02, 05:51 PM (EST)
27. "Snopes.Com"
Hey MC,

Do you work for Snopes? Your breakdown of the spoiler is very similar to how they break apart urban legends over at Snopes.com.

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-23-02, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Snopes.Com"
Do you work for Snopes? Your breakdown of the spoiler is very similar to how they break apart urban legends over at Snopes.com.

It's really funny that you ask that because as I was doing the breakdown, I knew what I was doing sounded familiar. However, I do not work for Snopes.com but I am a huge fan of the site.

-MC

10-23-02, 08:33 PM (EST)
30. "Furthermore to this point..."
... His job was involved with filming, not as a cameraman, but some type of assistant to them in charge of equipment ...

Correct me if I am wrong, but the term for this job description is "best boy" or something like that. Whatever it is, it is a term that, once heard, isn't easily forgotten. All these other details are remembered, but the title of the job description is not...

The party never stops... at SurvivinDawg's house.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-23-02, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
In reference to Ivory's post.

Why must we always be subjected to these types of Hoax?

I think it is inevitable. It just comes with the territory of spoiling. Just take it for what you want to take it for:

1) The absolute TRUTH (ROTFLMAO)
2) Based upon well discussed spoilers (So just an interesting theory)
3) Total crap worth a simple laugh, that yes, now we do have the next Uncle Cameraman Spoiler. So that means we can all sigh a breath of releif and move on.

I personally do not think this idea is totally off the wall. I think it may come to pass, but

NOT FOR THE REASONS stated (ie that they actually talked with these folks. I am of the opinion it is put together with other spoiler info)

Just my two cents.

D.R.

10-23-02, 08:48 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
Just wanted to clarify that I DO think it's a hoax in spite of my posts above. I was just defending Hawaii as a destination.

For all we know the hoaxster actually is Uncle Cameraman himself in semi-new clothing. It's not like hoaxsters die and go to hell for their sins at the end of each season ya know ...

As I recall UC, it was good enough to work for awhile, as may this, long enough to perhaps get some people to take it seriously.
Although not bloody likely at SB...

10-23-02, 08:51 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
>As I recall UC, it was
>good enough to work for
>awhile, as may this, long
>enough to perhaps get some
>people to take it seriously.
>
>Although not bloody likely at SB...
>

...don't kid yourself OFG, there will be at least a few here. There always is.

10-23-02, 09:00 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Final 4 Possible Spoiler?"
All the better for keeping your flaming abilities sharp, shakes.
Didn't the old Uncle help launch your career when you were just a novice flamer?

10-23-02, 09:26 PM (EST)
37. "Are you kidding me"

>Didn't the old Uncle help launch
>your career when you were
>just a novice flamer?

...I was a pro the day I showed up here. By the time Uncle showed up I was already a first ballot hall of flamer. What, you think I just started this stuff with the birth of Survivor? I cut my teeth a few years ago on the ESPN boards heckling baseball fans. Of course, it helped matters that my White Sox were a first place team back then. I wouldn't dare open my mouth about baseball nowadays, hence the need for a new forum for my flaming.

10-23-02, 09:45 PM (EST)
38. "My brother-in-law's wife"
From the original poster:

"My brother-in-law is MY wife's brother. His wife is not my sister. "

10-23-02, 09:47 PM (EST)
39. "RE: My brother-in-law's wife"
>From the original poster:
>
>"My brother-in-law is MY wife's brother.
>His wife is not my
>sister. "

...who cares?

10-23-02, 09:51 PM (EST)
41. "RE: My brother-in-law's wife"
I guess it's just one less thing making this spoiler incredulous.

10-23-02, 09:47 PM (EST)
40. "Update"
Here is "Thai Rhone", the original poster of this "spoiler", response:
----------------------
I'm glad I wore my asbestos boxers! I was expecting a backlash, but I never dreamed it would be this harsh. I knew people would be skeptical about my info, but my writing style? Because I use exclamation points and smiley faces that makes me a teenage girl? Huh? That is too funny. I didn't realize there were writing rules that I had to adhere to as a 42 year old man.

I'll be honest, when I put in the : ) (without the space) in my original post, I was a bit surprised that it came up with one of these . Does that matter? Does that make my information any less true? Look, just because I have never registered and posted here before, that doesn't make me pc illiterate. Although I'll admit that my younger sister does get on me for using AOL (what can I say, old habits are hard to break).

And my pc access? Sorry, but I'm not a teenager, or even a college kid for that matter, that can log in as soon as I get home from school. I don't have some kind of desk job where I can login during the day (been there, done that). I actually do travel quite frequently, which limits my access.

Anyway, I do have a little bit more information. You can decide whether or not you want to believe it:

I tried calling my brother-in-law after I got home this evening and checked this thread. Unfortunately, I forgot that tonight was his bowling league, but I did speak to his wife. She still had a copy of their itinerary. (Somebody had questioned where they stayed, played golf, when, etc.)

She said that they stayed at all the islands. The hotels that she gave me are (I asked her to spell these since my spelling has also been called in to question by conspiracy theorists ):

Hilton Conrad Hawaiian Village in Honolulu
Sheraton Kauai Resort in Koloa Kauai
Best Western Maui Oceanfront in Kihei Maui
Kona Seaside Inn in Kona

She said the golf course they played was the Poipoi Golf Resort (sorry - not sure of spelling on this one). They played in the afternoon when the fees were cheaper. No more details beyond that. She was able to shed some light on some other things that you guys brought up though..

Regarding their age..
My brother-in-law is 32. His wife is 33. She said the couple they played golf with was "their age". The "older woman" term was used by the New Zealanders. I asked her if Helen or Jan rang any bells in their conversation, but she said she couldn't remember anything specifically. She did remember Penny's name though.

Regarding their occupation..
She said that the guy did say something about working on the Survivor Outback in some capacity, and that is apparently how he ended up in Thailand. He had the contacts with the Survivor people, and was able to get his girlfriend some gopher job. How are they funding their travel? Who knows? I wish I knew so I could do the same.

Well, I know it's slim pickings, but thats all I was able to get from her. My brother-in-law may know more details about the couple, but I'm not sure how that really helps.

I apologize for being a little harsh above. I understand about not believing my story, but being called a fuckwit with a teenage girls' writing style was an unexpected slap in the face.

Oh, and for all of you that are questioning my writing style, I do have one thing to say to you.

LOL!!!!!!

10-23-02, 10:13 PM (EST)
43. "its starting already"
how the hell is this an update?

For anyone who thinks this is a legitimate spoiler I have one thing to say to you

.you're a friggen idiot

And btw, name me one 42 year old who would respond in such to being called a teenage girl. And the dot thing at the end, definitely the wit and maturity of a 42 year old, right?

Hey Franksantlers, are you trying to win the Skierdude10 Memorial Award for "Achievements in idiocy in the field of spoiling" cause if you are then you're off to a great start.

10-23-02, 10:23 PM (EST)
45. "RE: its starting already"
are you trying to win the Skierdude10 Memorial Award?

OMG! Skierdude 10 died? Shakes, was that your doing?
3rd degree burns?

LOL, franksantlers has a LONG way to go before rising to such heights of idiocy.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-23-02, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: its starting already"
Damnitall, I've been trying to ignore this--but it's got Pépé saying "sh¡t," OFG representing the Hawaiian Tourism Industry, and shakes back to his old, lovable self (spinning head and all).

I think what finally got my goat was granting this farce skierdude status. . . At best, this is on a par with ChartBoy--so annoyingly BAD, and yet people seem unwilling to let it sink into obscurity like the compost that it is.

By golly, I think I feel a serious "Typical Spoiler Thread" looming for the Bashers forum, thanks to this season's worst stinker (so far). Just give me a day to ponder it, and I MAY be able to think of something almost as silly as the real deal. . .

GT

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time. -James Thurber

10-23-02, 10:40 PM (EST)
49. "RE: its starting already"
*thumbs nose at GT*
that's right, take it to Bashers! It's ripe now.

I do love me a Thurber quote...
Isn't that from "Fables for Our Time?" How apropos!

10-24-02, 05:51 AM (EST)
58. "RE: its starting already"
Hey! I say "shit" all the time! Check the archives... I've done it on occasion.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: its starting already"
Holy sh*t, I am going to die laughing before I get to the end of this unreal thread
LMAO

Just because I have standards, they call me a b*tch. Diana Ross

10-24-02, 10:01 AM (EST)
60. "RE: its starting already"
"Hey Franksantlers, are you trying to win the Skierdude10 Memorial Award for "Achievements in idiocy in the field of spoiling" cause if you are then you're off to a great start."

Who is Skierdude 10?

10-24-02, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "Oh um..."
Since this is currently on the top of page 1 anyway, Skierdude was an active poster during S2 who has been heard from since only on rare occasions.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

10-23-02, 10:17 PM (EST)
44. "LMAO at Poipoi"
This is the golf course, designed by Robert Trent Jones, who is or was one of the biggest names in golf course designers in the world; this course is the best price on the island and rated #6 out of top 10 in Hawaii.

Hotels they suposedly stayed at are middle of the road, not dumps, not fancy.

Poipu Bay Golf Resort.
Links (no pun intended), first with a stunning pic.
http://www.golfmaui.com/poipu.htm
http://www.gvhawaii.com/poipubay/poipubay.htm
http://www.worldgolf.com/courses/comments/poipu.html

Hey, what else is there to talk about since ROBB is a sweep!

sweetpea 223 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-23-02, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetpea Click to send private message to sweetpea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: LMAO at Poipoi"
Doesn't mean a thing that he posted names of hotels and golf courses. I could research Hawaii just as easily and put down the names of hotels and golf courses that I played even though I have never been to Hawaii.

Also, for what it's worth, I refer to my husband's sister as my sister-in-law and her husband, as my brother-in-law, when speaking about them--not my sister-in-law and her husband.

This is not a spoiler. Not even as much fun as Luke and the radio guy last year.

10-23-02, 10:36 PM (EST)
48. "RE: LMAO at Poipoi"
No. I wasn't trying to make it sound legit. Every place can be researched, and the guy may have been to Hawaii. I was more saying that he got the places fairly consistent. There are many types of places to stay here on the islands and these fall into a pattern that would make a realistic middle of the road itinerary.

He also picked a golf course that is both top notch in design and the place where locals in the know go to get a good deal, which works well as being a place where two people who don't make all that much money would go--as opposed to saying they played Princeville together...

I'm kind of admiring the guy's research, obviously I like it more than the rest of you, maybe because I wish I were on Kauai right about now. It's way hot here on the Big Island.

10-23-02, 11:11 PM (EST)
52. "excuse me if I don't cry for you OFG"
I wish
>I were on Kauai right
>about now. It's way
>hot here on the Big
>Island.

...uhm, its 40 degrees here and raining in Chicago. Yeah, it sure must suck being stuck on the "bad" island in Hawaii.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: excuse me if I don't cry for you OFG"
Oops. I was going to swoop in here and defend OFG with tales of tropical creepy-crawlies (9" centipedes making a beeline for your bedding? cockroach parties? inhospitable scorpions? lounge lizards with bad wardrobes and worse hair plugs?) but then I remembered she gets a better class of invaders than I do--and the majority leave their cars back home! Suddenly, I'm thinking I'm going to dedicate this season's bile production to our dear friend on the Islands. . . (yes, every time someone with Michigan tags creates a bottleneck on the highway--driving 27 mph, looking frantically for the next WalMart or yard sale--I'll think of you!)

Then again, we do have her beat on the little things that make life bearable--toilet paper comes to mind. . .

Let her have her day, Clown. And if those Midwest winters really get you down that much, I happen to know she's got luxurious guest quarters. I bet the folks would spring for a one-way ticket, wouldn't they?

*runs for cover from the inevitable beating courtesy of her pareo-clad sister*

GT

It takes very little to make a woman happy, and more than is contained in Heaven and Earth to keep her that way.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-02, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: excuse me if I don't cry for you OFG"
If I had the money I'd spring for a one way ticket for him to Koh Tarutao. A little of Shakes goes a long way sometimes.

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: excuse me if I don't cry for you OFG"
LAST EDITED ON 10-24-02 AT 00:22 AM (EST)

yes, every time someone with Michigan tags creates a bottleneck on the highway--driving 27 mph,

ROFLMAO.... no crapola eh? Today when I was driving back from Lansing to Marshall an old fart had everyone practically stopped on the highway... apparently they were looking for that WalMart... when the cop went wizzing by me I was going like 75 and I thought I was done for but wasn't interested I guess....

oh yeah sometimes I call my brother-in-laws wife his wife when I am talking about her rather than sister-in-law... I guess I might wanna start.. I get so confused

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-24-02, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: excuse me if I don't cry for you OFG"
>. . (yes, every time
>someone with Michigan tags creates
>a bottleneck on the highway--driving
>27 mph, looking frantically for
>the next WalMart or yard
>sale--I'll think of you!)
>

Ouch, GT! We're not ALL bad. Plus, the blue-hairs will be going to Florida soon...

"I'm an excellent driver" Rainman

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 00:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "Why?"
Is there a reason this has 50 posts on it?

It was an obvious hoax from day one. Someone got flamed on Sucks and decided to post a hoax to get back at the folks that flamed them.

So why does Golfing in Hawaii, big bugs, toilet paper and the weather in Chicago give any reason to bump this?

No offense, but this looks like an Off Topic discussion, and maybe it can be continued there.

The Hoax is not a Spoiler.

I have a Pebble Beach t-shirt, doesn't mean I played Golf there

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Why?"
yeah kinda like I have a Jamaica shirt my parents brought back from their last spring... yeah yeah I have been there God I only wish *sigh*

10-24-02, 10:01 AM (EST)
59. "Really"
"It was an obvious hoax from day one. Someone got flamed on Sucks and decided to post a hoax to get back at the folks that flamed them."

How did you find out? Is there a thread related to this that I might have missed?

10-24-02, 10:21 AM (EST)
63. "Let's Get Real"
There is some hoaxster (or 2 or 3) who always play it the same way: create a new ID somewhere, claim to have been an avid lurker since day 1, suddenly have a major spoiler to drop on everyone. YAWN! Nothing against newbies, I love newbies, newbies are always great to see; but this idiot hoaxster or 2 or 3 plays the same damn song every time.

Someone please lock this now! You know I don't ask that often!

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

10-24-02, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "Locking"
What a fun thread, even though I don't believe a word of it. But, as Drive My Car suggests, let's lock it now before it eats up the Spoilers Board, the way Uncle Camerman did to EZ during S2. Anyway, all this Hawaii talk ... and I woke up to a couple inches of snow yesterday morning ... not fun ... I'm jealous, even if it is horrendously hot and buggy on the Big Island.

So, before I take this thread any more off topic, I'm locking it up.

Unlock | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •