The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RTVW functionality I have never seen"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-26-08, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RTVW functionality I have never seen"
I've never seen this...

Why would someone disable their pm box?

I always thought red wavies were a good thing!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: RTVW functionality I have never... Estee 06-26-08 1
 RE: RTVW functionality I have never... RollDdice 06-26-08 2
   RE: RTVW functionality I have never... foonermints 06-26-08 8
 RE: RTVW functionality I have never... Snidget 06-26-08 3
 RE: RTVW functionality I have never... grit 06-26-08 4
 Sorry! zombiebaby 06-26-08 5
   RE: Sorry! Estee 06-26-08 6
 RE: RTVW functionality I have never... Max Headroom 06-26-08 7
 RE: RTVW functionality I have never... Sagebrush Dan 06-26-08 9
   RE: RTVW functionality I have never... Maroonclown 06-26-08 10
       RE: RTVW functionality I have never... Sagebrush Dan 06-27-08 11
       RE: RTVW functionality I have never... qwertypie 06-27-08 13
 RE: RTVW functionality I have never... mysticwolf 06-27-08 12
   RE: RTVW functionality I have never... cahaya 06-27-08 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: RTVW functionality I have never seen"
Universal hatred's generally a good excuse.

I had people tell me mine was disabled for a while, but I never found a cause, I could still send from it and get replies, and eventually it just straightened itself out.

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RTVW functionality I have never seen"
Typical amongst the anti-social Ted Kozinski, Una-bomber, Son of Sam, Hillside Stranger set.... basically a reclusive hermit who's drawn to a reality tv community that embraces almost everyone. *scratches head* Hmmmm...Dunno.

Unless it's a spammer who's pushing B-12 and/or their article.

Bounce or Die by IceCat
I lvoe red wavies and reply quickly, yet thoughtfully.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: RTVW functionality I have never seen"
»who's pushing B-12 and/or their article.«

How about stock options?
CTgirl Chupacabra from Tijuana eating barbecued Iguana!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: RTVW functionality I have never seen"
I've known people to do that on other boards (the one I moderate I occasionally have to give people the instructions on how to do that).

Not sure why some people dislike it. I know sometimes people have gotten nasty PMs in the past, sometimes people just figure if you can't say it to their face in public, they don't want to hear about it.

I've generally found that the bad PM's are really quite rare, but some people don't want to deal with that sort of thing at all.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-26-08, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: RTVW functionality I have never seen"
So THAT's why I never get any red wavy flag thingies!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Sorry!"

I set mine to only accept purple flaggies!

A Very Nutzy Christmas

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Sorry!"
Elitist!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: RTVW functionality I have never seen"
They probably tried to disable their profile and clicked the wrong button.

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: RTVW functionality I have never seen"
I had considered doing it because I got some bizarre PMs from lurkers during my first year or so.

I disabled mine on another board for awhile cuz I started to get passes made at me. I eventually left them anyway (it was a paying board).

Utsukushii Kaiga Kire Cho

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-08, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Maroonclown Click to send private message to Maroonclown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: RTVW functionality I have never seen"
Was Bullzeye bothering you too

copyright smokeysmom

Sagebrush Dan 10002 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-08, 00:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: RTVW functionality I have never seen"
Not enough.

Sculpted by Tribe

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-08, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: RTVW functionality I have never seen"
It's my fault (we are talking why Bullzy disabled his inbox, right?)

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-08, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: RTVW functionality I have never seen"
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-08 AT 01:25 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 06-27-08 AT 01:20 AM (EST)

Other than the theories already given, my best guess would be that they prefer to consolodate their mail in one place. Perhaps the place they think they'll be most likely to see a message sooner, rather than later. Like their e-mail.

Just disabling their PM box doesn't mean they can't receive messages. It's just a preference, perhaps, for receiving e-mails instead. Maybe they're anal about organization. Maybe they're afraid of getting spam via PM. (Could happen. Ignorant, but I can see it if someone's been made afraid of spam mailings, has armored their e-mail against it, and doesn't understand exactly what a PM is.)

Yeah. I know. I see butterflies everywhere I go, even on the darkest, rainiest, nights. And, I shite fairy dust, too. Go with me on it anyway.

Edit Again: Then again... Maybe they just don't realize that disabling PMs won't insulate them from messages about whatever it is they say - a$$hattery, or otherwise. They may not realize that people can still fill up their e-mail with messages if they choose. Another facet of ignorance, but equally possible.

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

They're not really the first images I ever see. Just the ones I prefer to think I see until proven otherwise. Sometimes, I have to look really hard before I see their shadow and can believe in them for a minute. What's really cool is that sometimes they turn out to be real.
ETF: Contractions need to be reconciled, too.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-08, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: RTVW functionality I have never seen"
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-08 AT 01:29 AM (EST)

One look at your post, with that double red edit prefix, main body, small print imbedded within, freaky sigpic, more small print in green and blue, with an emoticon and ETF, and all... John McCain would have a heart attack.

(make that double red edit)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •