The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New watcher--confused about Alli"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

barbie_graham 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-19-05, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail barbie_graham Click to send private message to barbie_graham Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New watcher--confused about Alli"
I am a new watcher who has only been watching for about 2 months. The only people I have seen on the show are the ones there now and Jessica...I am a bit confused about Alli...why did she return to the starting over house??? Did she graduate before and then leave?? What is up? And i too have sense a bit of one-uping with Allison. I originally really liked her when I first started watching but then soon became intranced with others on the show as they all seem to have little issues that many of us can relate too.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New watcher--confused about All... celisabeth 12-19-05 1
   RE: New watcher--confused about All... barbie_graham 12-19-05 2
 RE: New watcher--confused about All... Carla 12-19-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

celisabeth 245 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-19-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail celisabeth Click to send private message to celisabeth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New watcher--confused about Alli"
She came on about midway through last year's season with a goal of -- I can't recall the exact phraseology, but it was something to do with "life after cancer."

Much of what she dealt with last season had to do with her physical health. She got advice on modifying her diet and increasing her general health. She learned that she has a "breast cancer gene," the presence of which increases the likelihood that she might have more tumors in the future. Upon discovering this, she decided that it'd be best to have her breasts removed and to have a hysterectomy.

The emotional issues with which she dealt seemed to center around cancer.

At the end of the season, she and the rest of the housemates were graduated from the house, but we saw Iyanla talking to her outside the house, inviting her to return to the Starting Over house to work on issues they hadn't yet addressed. Consequently, this season, we've been hearing a lot more about her dysfunctional family life, her need for external validation, her martyrdom, etc.

barbie_graham 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-19-05, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail barbie_graham Click to send private message to barbie_graham Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New watcher--confused about Alli"
thanks for cluing me in...I wasn't sure what was going on. I can't believe I didn't know about this show before now! Wish i could get the first 2 seasons on dvd LOL

Carla 71 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-19-05, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Carla Click to send private message to Carla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New watcher--confused about Alli"
She was also fairly well liked last season too. Many people now feel a bit duped because it now seems as if the real Allison is coming out. I haven't seen a reality show contestant go from being so well liked to so disliked in such a short amount of time since Jen Schefft from "The Bachelorette".

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •