The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"True Dork Times"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-14-02, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"True Dork Times"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-02 AT 06:49 PM (EST)

Has anyone else read this spoiler/speculation? I find it fascinating:

The web promo shows Jeff Probst asking the contestants if anyone wants to switch tribes. The question is, do they? From the caps below, it looks like the answer is yes, and for a lot of people, at least on Sook-Jai. As was apparent on both the show and the videos on the CBS site (links above), Sook-Jai and Stephanie are not mixing well at all. If Stephanie doesn't want to switch, the rest of her tribe, perhaps even the injured Robb, may do so instead. The latter option appears to be what happens. Follow along as we wade through the speculation:

We see Chuay-Gahn arriving for the switch (possibly thinking it was a challenge). From their buff positions, all the subsequent Chuay-Gahn shots appear to be before switching occurs (assuming they give up their buffs when they switch). For Sook-Jai, however, they appear to start off packed together fairly tightly. Ken (in a shot from the pre-Ep1 promos), Shii Ann, and a shoulder that appears to be Penny are in the front, Stephanie, Erin, and either Robb or Jake in the back. Robb/Jake (in a black shirt) is behind Ken, Stephanie and Erin behind Shii Ann. As pointed out by the poster "bumpedoff" at votedoff.tv, when Shii Ann bends down in the promo (from her body language, likely standing up to switch tribes), Erin is no longer visible behind her, although Stephanie hasn't moved. Similarly, Penny and Ken are both visible, sitting reasonably far apart, with nobody behind them. Our take: all four volunteer to leave Sook-Jai, and Stephanie, behind. Jake and Robb could well follow. Seeing this mass exodus, Chuay-Gahn could then decide (or be forced) to hop over to Sook-Jai en masse, thereby gaining even numbers, and a strong female player. End result would be both tribes switching camps, with Stephanie joining Chuay-Gahn (now the New Sook-Jai). If there's a New Chuay-Gahn loss in the Ep5 IC, Stephanie would be poised to demonstrate "The Power of One" in Ep6, winning a second immunity for her new tribe, resulting in Shii Ann and Robb's consecutive boots. Then Stephanie gets taken out by both tribes at the merge.

--------------------------------------

Arrival at the "RC"

Chuay-Gahn arrives at the challenge. Note relevant buff positions.

Ted, sitting in the same approximate spot as Jan, also with his buff the same as arrival. To his left is...

Brian, thinking about the switch.

Jan, could be either before or after switching begins. Buff has not changed since arrival, though.

Shii Ann, pre-switch, sits in front of Stephanie and Erin.

Clay is sitting in front of Ted and Brian.

Ken, in a shot from the pre-show promos, sits tightly packed next to a woman (Penny?) and in front of either Jake or Robb.

Stephanie contemplates the switch idea. Erin's shoulder in lower right corner.

Erin reacts, either to the idea of switching, or to someone doing it.

Tribal selection begins anew

As pointed out by bumpedoff at Votedoff.tv, Erin now appears to be missing from behind ShiiAnn.

Penny, sitting well-spaced from Ken, with nobody sitting behind her. "So long, Stephanie!"

Nor does anyone appear to be behind Ken now.

--------------------------------------------------------

http://www.truedorktimes.com/s5/spoilers/twist.htm

What do you guys think? It would fit with a lot of spoilers although I can't figure out why they would all vote out Steph at the tribal merge.

GO GATORS!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: True Dork Times katem 10-14-02 1
   RE: True Dork Times SurvivinDawg 10-14-02 3
       RE: True Dork Times JeffGator 10-14-02 4
 RE: True Dork Times oatarut 10-14-02 2
 RE: True Dork Times corcam 10-14-02 5
 RE: True Dork Times jkokoj 10-15-02 6
   RE: True Dork Times fivestarwheezy 10-15-02 7
       RE: True Dork Times corcam 10-15-02 8
 RE: True Dork Times big idiot 10-15-02 9
   RE: True Dork Times forehead 10-16-02 10
       RE: True Dork Times rockluver 10-16-02 11
           RE: True Dork Times SeaOtter 10-16-02 12
           RE: True Dork Times fivestarwheezy 10-17-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-14-02, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: True Dork Times"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-02 AT 08:01 PM (EST)

Not sure if the Dorks have always been too reliable. Although, I have to say, that as whacked out as this bit of speculation is, it's very interesting.

Something to ponder would be: does Sook Jai really despise Stephanie that much, to abandon her in this fashion? From the last episode, it could be that the answer is yes.

This scenarion does fit perfectly, to all the spoilers and speculation, as to who makes the merge and the jury.

Well almost, there is that pesky Snickers spoiler. Steph and Robb's personal items were at Sook Jai (slippers and skateboard), around day 16. SO, I think this is just interesting speculation, but as I said, whacked out. I don't think it happens. I do want to hear from other peeps on this.

As to your question, why would they (Brian, Jan, Helen, Clay and Ted) vote out Stephanie, once the merge occurs. Well, strategy, she is an IC threat, and getting her out, then these chewies can pagong the suckies out of the game. It's the smart thing to do.

(c) 2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-14-02, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: True Dork Times"
Not sure if the Dorks have always been too reliable.

TDT has always been pretty good stuff when it comes to spoiler/speculation information. They're not perfect (who is?) and often follow SNewser themselves, but I always make sure to visit the TDT board as I make my determinations.

As to the speculation itself, it is indeed extremely interesting, but it's hard to believe that 4 (or 5) people would go en masse just to get away from Stephanie. I would think they would throw a challenge and boot her.

OF COURSE, if SJ has ANY idea how much better the cave is than their stupid, stinkin' fort, they'd probably switch in a heartbeat.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-14-02, 09:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JeffGator Click to send private message to JeffGator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: True Dork Times"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-02 AT 09:24 PM (EST)

As to the speculation itself, it is indeed extremely interesting, but it's hard to believe that 4 (or 5) people would go en masse just to get away from Stephanie. I would think they would throw a challenge and boot her.

--Well on another page they speculate that Chewy is forced to give up their camp because they lose their boat. The Old Chewies have to move to the Old Sook Jai Camp, so all the old Sook Jais switch (to get the nicer camp and to get away from the Old Chewies) but Stephanie stays put and joins the old Chewies as the New Sook Jai Tribe.

GO GATORS!

oatarut 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-14-02, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail oatarut Click to send private message to oatarut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: True Dork Times"
Penny Erin Ken and Shii Ann kinda make sense because of the "proof" in the vidcaps. But the Jake and Robb could "follow" is too vague for me, not enough evidence.

Plus, the whole part about Robb and Shii Ann being voted out and then at merge Stephanie is voted out because she is a threat. Well, that means it a 5/5 sook jai chuay gahn split. So if the voting goes by tribal lines, there will be a tie. If in fact Chuay Gahn wins the next two immunities with Stephanies help, that means there is no way Stephanie has past votes. So if that is the tie breaker, then she wont lose. And if the breaker is the rock, then its random. So who knows if Stephanie will even get the rock.

Plus, if Stephanie was ditched to be with the 5 chuays, I think that at merge she would "ditch" the sooks and vote with chuay being a 6 voting block and preventing the chance of a purple rock tie breaker.

I like the idea, but its too loose and vague for me.

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-14-02, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: True Dork Times"
another thing I was thinking is maybe their individual choice comes about after no one saying that they want to switch so they make them switch anyway and the clips that we are seeing is their reactions to everyone getting up individually and going to one of those ern looking things and grabbing what is inside...like a new buff or the same buff to determine tribal switch..

that would be pretty interesting.. also would somewhat explain why some of the tight knit sook are gone and others are not

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-15-02, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: True Dork Times"
Sounds plausible, however I am with Corcam. I think that Jeff P. will ask if they want to switch and no one does. When that happens he says tough go to the urn and pull out your new buff. Or as some others suggested they will play a game of chance.

MB and crew have given us so much information for this episode there almost, has to be an additional plot, twist, surprise.

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-15-02, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: True Dork Times"
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but in EP4 'scenes from next week' after Chewies discover boat is gone, there's a shot of Clay saying something like 'I don' know WHUT we're gon' do now'. (Like my drawl?) Is this too obvious a foreshadowing of them all (or most) deciding to switch to the other camp? Their water is crucial. If the discovery of the missing boat happened immediately before the reward/switch proposal, the panic of it all may make a switch a great opportunity, and perhaps the only solution that Chewy has thought of up until then.

Also, JP says 'I'll make you a deal...'and then the part about switching. I keep coming back to that statement, and thinking something must have prompted him to say that. There must first be a problem for JP to need to provide a solution. Is this whole switching tribes thing a RESULT of the boat being gone?

Also, the "grass is always greener' theory could come into play for both tribes. SJ has water, CG has shelter-- and Survivors are adventurous and probably dying to know what the others have. Although SJ would probably hesitate to give up the bananas & chickens...

Sorry, I am rambling now. I am now leaning toward CG (Ted, Brian, Clay & Helen, maybe or maybe not Jan) wanting to switch,
then 4 or 5 SJ's switching, leaving Rob & Steph at SJ to fit in with Snickers spoiler.

'Wheeeeezing a little longer that usual...'

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-15-02, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: True Dork Times"
Another thing I was wondering is if this question turns out actually to be "hypothetical"... All he seems to say is Does anyone want to switch tribes?, and you have 60 seconds to think about it.. (maybe the 60 seconds is part of the game and what urn you want to grab from)

This would also go in tune with my other thought of them getting up individually to draw a buff from the urn and playing the chance game... ie Erin you didn't want to switch but eh guess what you just drew a red buff tough sh##..

something else to ponder...

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-15-02, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: True Dork Times"
I'm a TDT fan, but every beautiful pumpkin has its bad spot (seasonal analogy).

This speculation is a bit soft.

We know from promos that a reward challenge does occur during this congregation, so there are many reasons for shifting of seating patterns.

Jiffy has a table in front of him which usually means food is going to be displayed and the expressions are typical of seeing food or seeing someone else eat food. So there can be additional triggers for facial expressions.

MB would have created the switch to somehow deter mass switching but entice single or couple switching, I don't know how, but at minimum - no discussing or communicating possible decisions would be allowed.

From prior seasons we know that Survivors tend to be conservative in their decision making, even when it is obvious to the viewers, the tribes and the pariah(s) that they are in HUGE danger if they don't try something risky (make new alliances etc.) - they still acquiesce to their fate and do nothing. So I think the chance of safe Survivors (seemingly in the larger alliance) attempting a non-discussed en mass switch is too risky and therefore has a chance of close to zippo.

I believe Stephanie switches and spoilers are still upheld:
Snickers spoiler: tribes were at this challenge during their visit - MB would have PLANNED it this way - he would not have scheduled them to waddle around post-switch.
Clay's CG streak spoiler: Steph gets new family, gets new spirits, CG kicks butt, Steph goes from despondent to cheered for.
CG gets the "Power of one", SJ loses the "Power of one", sounds like something Jeff may elude to in TC, because the power of one person switching results in a simultaneous gain for CG and a loss for SJ - the power of one is a double-blow.
Ep 5 - Shii booted, goes for smoke.
Ep 6 - Robb booted, goes for smoke.
Ep 7 - Steph booted to LL, SNN happy.
Merge unravels with CJ majority leading to weight loss spoilers.

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-02, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: True Dork Times"
big idiot:

I'm a TDT fan too, and I agree with most of what you are saying, except:

>I believe Stephanie switches and spoilers
>are still upheld:
>Snickers spoiler: tribes were at this
>challenge during their visit -
>MB would have PLANNED it
>this way - he would
>not have scheduled them to
>waddle around post-switch.

The Snickers visit was supposedly during days 16-18 corresponding to ep6, not ep5. The upcoming RC/switch proposal is sometime during days 13-15.

rockluver 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-16-02, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rockluver Click to send private message to rockluver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: True Dork Times"
>The Snickers visit was supposedly during
>days 16-18 corresponding to ep6,
>not ep5. The upcoming
>RC/switch proposal is sometime during
>days 13-15.

What if both Robb and Steph switch to chewie . That would fit with the jan riding a skateboard speculation . Maybe the snickers winner didn't know for real which tribe they where at . Because Robb is there he might do anything to still be there so maybe Chewie will win IC .And SJ will have to vote out Shii.

SeaOtter 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-16-02, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeaOtter Click to send private message to SeaOtter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: True Dork Times"
This would work out especially if the Chewies switch camps with the Sookies. The Snickers folks were seeing the old Sookie camp but the Chewies were now occupying it.

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-02, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: True Dork Times"
>
>
>What if both Robb and Steph
>switch to chewie . That
>would fit with the jan
>riding a skateboard speculation .

>

Jan rides a skateboard??? I apologize if this is discussed somewhere else, but I have not heard this little tidbit before. Just curious...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •