The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Episode 5 press release"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-12-02, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Episode 5 press release"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-02 AT 03:06 PM (EST)

ONE TRIBE MEMBER FEELS THE WRATH OF A STINGRAY,
ON "SURVIVOR: THAILAND" THURSDAY, OCT. 17, ON CBS

"The Ocean’s Surprise" – One of the castaways feels the wrath of a stingray during a group swim, on SURVIVOR: THAILAND, Thursday, October 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Additionally, one tribe loses an item of great value. At the reward challenge, the castaways receive a shocking offer. Back at one of the camps, one castaway’s incessant singing is driving the others crazy. Meantime, two unlikely tribemates forge a tentative alliance, although neither is sure whether the other can truly be trusted.

And, the fifth person is voted out of the tribe.

- the injury is definitely a stingray

- the shocking offer is the reward challenge (with post-swap immunity the reward?)

- "one of the camps" -- forget that early merge theory

- someone is voted out -- forget the Mole 2-style "get paid to leave" or "someone leaves the game injured" ideas

-SB

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Episode 5 press release ulalame 10-12-02 1
   no and no shakes the clown 10-12-02 2
       And another "no" for the clown... sleeeve 10-12-02 3
           RE: And another "no" for the clown.... hearkittykitty 10-12-02 7
               RE: And another "no" for the clown.... sleeeve 10-12-02 9
 The Wrath of a Stingray???? steppingrazor42 10-12-02 4
   RE: The Wrath of a Stingray???? ceedee 10-12-02 5
       RE: The Wrath of a Stingray???? Chrissy gal 10-12-02 10
 RE: CBS Episode 5 press release Jaden 10-12-02 6
 RE: CBS Episode 5 press release SaphireLady 10-12-02 8
   RE: CBS Episode 5 press release corcam 10-12-02 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-12-02, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Episode 5 press release"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-02 AT 03:35 PM (EST)

> - someone is voted out -- forget the Mole 2-style "get paid to leave" or "someone leaves the game injured" ideas <

I'm pretty sure that during Survivor:Africa when Mike got hurt and had to leave the game, that the preview still said, "someone gets voted out of the tribe," so I don't know if we can discount the possibility of that happening again. However, I don't think it's likely, due to the fact that they are advertising the fact that there's an injury this time.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-12-02, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "no and no"
>I'm pretty sure that during Survivor:Africa
>when Mike got hurt and
>had to leave the game,
>that the preview still said,
>"someone gets voted out of
>the tribe," so I don't
>know if we can discount
>the possibility of that happening
>again.

....first of all, that was Australia and second of all, I don't remember any reference to any CBS material that stated the company line "someone gets voted out of the game". From my recollection ALL of the previews stopped after the hype about the shocking event you don't want to miss, alongside the vidcap of the crocidile jumping into the water.

That's a pretty big deal so unless you are absolutely sure I don't think its wise to discard the simple fact that "someone will get voted out this week".

However, I don't
>think it's likely, due to
>the fact that they are
>advertising the fact that there's
>an injury this time.

..exactly, if someone did have to leave the game, believe me we would have no clips of Robbbb getting stung by the stingray, much like we had no clips of Mike getting pushed into the fire. On the other hand, we had plenty of clips of Robert laying on the ground in pain after stubbing his toe in Tahiti and we all know the hill of beans that amounted to...yet I seem to remember quite a few people speculating on Robert leaving the game due to injury.

Simple Burn-it mathematics.....if he shows you the answer before the show, then it ain't going to amount to anything.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-02, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "And another "no" for the clown..."
>I don't remember any reference to
>any CBS material that stated
>the company line "someone gets
>voted out of the game".

...actually, the TV Guide preview for the week, the CBS homepage preview for the week, AND the CBS press release for the week had the line "a sixth member gets voted out of the tribe".

...but the Burnett-produced previews and websites did not, to the best of my recollection.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

hearkittykitty 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-12-02, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hearkittykitty Click to send private message to hearkittykitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: And another "no" for the clown..."
Kucha had a symbolic (albeit unaired) TC in which they had to vote Mike out of the tribe -- so he was voted out.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-02, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: And another "no" for the clown..."
Thanks HKK... more proof that just because CBS says that someone will be voted out of the game, it doesn't mean that someone won't be eliminated due to injury.

However, I definately agree with the principle of the clown's post... if the injury is previewed, it will not be the deciding factor in the vote.

You never know what might be up my sleeeve...

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-12-02, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "The Wrath of a Stingray????"
Does anyone exactly what being stung by one of these things means? How messed up could Robb get from this? Could he receive minor injury or does a stringray lay you out for a while?

I think that could give a clue to is fate in Ep5.

ceedee 183 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-12-02, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ceedee Click to send private message to ceedee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Wrath of a Stingray????"
This is what one web site says:

Stingrays have venom which is contained in one or more spines located on the dorsum of the animal's tail. Most injuries occur when one steps on the fish while wading in ocean surf, bay, or slough which causes the animal to thrust its tail upward and forward driving the dorsal spine or spines into the foot or leg. This action causes the integumentary sheath surrounding the spine to rupture releasing the venom into the victims tissues, inflicting immediate severe pain. At times the pain can spread rapidly, reaching its greatest intensity in less than 90 minutes, however it is often limited to the area of the injury. If untreated the pain may persist but will gradually diminish over 6 to 48 hours. Commonly syncope, weakness, nausea and anxiety may occur, partially due to vasodiation. Lymphangitis, vomiting, sweating, diarrhea, cramps, inguinal or axillary pain and respiratory distress can also occur.
A wound inflicted by a stingray is often jagged, bleeds freely, and can be contaminated with parts of the integumentary sheath. The edges of the wound are often discolored, and some localized tissue damage may occur; and edema and swelling generally are associated with the injury.
TREATMENT FOR STINGRAY INJURIES
Injuries should be immediately irrigated with the available water. If the integumentary sheath is visible in the wound it should be removed. The area affected should be submerged in water as hot as can be tolerated for 30-90 minutes. The wound should be again examined for remnants of the sheath and debrided. The appropriate antitetanus agent should be administered, and the injured area kept elevated for several days. An antimicrobial agent may be necessary, and the wound may need surgical closure.
In case of delay of initial first aid, the wound my be anethetized locally with lidocaine; regional blocks my offer relief. Meperidine IM can be used for pain. The primary shock that sometimes follows stingray injuries usually responds to simple supportive measures.

Chrissy gal 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-12-02, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chrissy%20gal Click to send private message to Chrissy%20gal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Wrath of a Stingray????"
I remember Sue being stung by a stingray in S1 when she was trying to use the spear. She had her hand wrapped up and elevated. Does anyone remember when this happened? Was it when there were only 4 left? The article about stingrays says the person should stay out of the ocean because of the bacteria.

Jaden 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-12-02, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jaden Click to send private message to Jaden Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS Episode 5 press release"
Meantime, two unlikely tribemates forge a tentative alliance, although neither is sure whether the other can truly be trusted.

I have a feeling the alliance could be between Shii Ann and Robb. The reason I say this is because there is video of Shii Ann and Robb talking after the reward challenge. Not together with the rest of the tribe or throwing any punches, just friendly conversation between two people. Did anyone else notice all the hugging between those two after they won immunity? And what's up with the all the "baby girl". An unlikely alliance? I think so. They also have reason not to trust one another, after that showdown in episode 1. These two have strong reason to form an alliance, he’s a jerk and she’s the physcially weakest in the tribe. If they don’t start forming alliances they’re doomed.

Another unlikely alliance could be Penny and Jake, with the generation gap and all. But why would these two not trust one another?

I don’t think Jan trusts Helen a whole lot… but is this really an unlikely alliance? You would expect a female alliance in Chauy Gahn after the last episode.

Do you think Robb and Shii can put aside their differences?

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-12-02, 09:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: CBS Episode 5 press release"
The unlikely alliance is probably Penny and Stephnie. My reasons are as follows. 1)Penny, per Jeb, was suppose to vote with them against Shi, this would set up a not sure can trust theme and make them an unlikely alliance. 2) there is a preview picture of the two of them sitting together, that alone was unlikely considering how many times they all said she hates us and is a loner. So just a thought.

As for Robb and the stingray. There are pictures shown with him laying down is pain. Since we all know that help is just around the corner for these people, I am sure a doctor will at least look at the injury and give proper treatment and he will probably be on his way. Since this is being shown doubt he goes this week. In fact would almost make a bet against it but just don't trust MB.

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-12-02, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: CBS Episode 5 press release"
Figured I would post this here to speculate on the "alliance" When I was looking at the pics I noticed something that intrigued me okay this is gonna sound really stupid but anyways girls especially cheerleaders I being one myself while I was in high school and grade school like 10 years.... lets not get into that one... anyways they like to do their hair the same way when they either for a game or for their stupid little click Penny and Steph's hair are the same but anyways.. maybe a way of bonding... even though I have a hard time seeing Steph let Penny do her hair..

hey it could happen.,

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •