The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Chewy Gums camera time!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-11-02, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Chewy Gums camera time!"
In the last two episodes Chewy Gum has had a significat amount of face time. Last night was the worst. Other than the challenges I think we only saw the Suk Jobs once or may be twice and then it was for a very short period of time.
Granted, most of the Suk Jobs are not very interesting characters(read mental midget media whores), but I am still a little surprised at the lack face time they are getting.
I have never noticed it being quite this uneven between tribes.
I know there has been a lot of speculation that a number of the Chewys go deep into the game and all the face time may be additional for shadowing of that, but.......
What do you spolier think of it?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Disagree SurvivinDawg 10-11-02 1
   RE: Disagree Q 10-11-02 2
 RE: Chewy Gums camera time! SmokeWilliams 10-11-02 3
   RE: Chewy Gums camera time! ZJ 10-11-02 4
 Where's Jake? dekko 10-11-02 5
 RE: Chewy Gums camera time! ulalame 10-14-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-11-02, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Disagree"
SJ got LOTS of facetime.

Particularly Shii Ann and Stephanie.

Jed also got a little bit of face time.

Last night, the men/women split and Ghandia's (fortuitous) eviction were the main stories, hence a lot of CG air time... but I thought SJ got plenty.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-11-02, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Disagree"
I disagree as well, but within S.J. Penny (and others) were fairly invisible again. It seems quite interesting that she is soooooo hidden from us. Is she just that much of a follower, or is she hiding in the shadows plotting here darkest thoughts and waiting to manipulate that game again? If so who is she plotting with?

If Jake and Erin are smart, they will throw another IC with Penny to try to oust Robb or Steph.

However any new twist (i.e. choosing new teams, etc.) will totally change this situation?

What do you think?

D.R.

SmokeWilliams 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-11-02, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SmokeWilliams Click to send private message to SmokeWilliams Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Chewy Gums camera time!"
I agree. We know nothing about Ken, Jake, Penny or Erin. We have seen Robb and Shii Ann the most. Stephanie made a big jump this week with all her bitching. There has been a lot of conflict at Chewy, but if some of Sook Jai was really going soon, wouldn't we know a little about them before they go?

No one deserved to win more than Colby!!

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-11-02, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Chewy Gums camera time!"
I don't think SJ would throw a IC unless they were pretty sure they had the numbers sewn up going into the merge.
If they threw the IC, it leaves them 6-5 with one more to go and they could still lose it.

dekko 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-11-02, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dekko Click to send private message to dekko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Where's Jake?"
While I agree that it's possible that the Suk Jobs just aren't all that interesting to watch while the Chewy Chomp squad is having their little domestic squabbles, and that Cheweys still have a chance to survive after the merge, one thing bugs me--Jake.

The rest of the team is a bunch of youngsters and could easily be a bunch of Ambers--media whores with no personality other than basic bitchiness. Ken may consist colely of a cold stare. But Jake....

Jake's gotten virtually no face time, which is strange as the, for lack of a better work, "team geezer" always gets their fair share of the spotlight. Ruby, B.B., Paschal, Big Tom... hell, Rodger got a decent supply of sceen time despite the fact that he was little more than a flatline of screen charisma. EPM always plays up the "geezer"--we see how he's working with the youngsters in his group, how he bonds (or doesn't), which feathers they choose to stick in their buttcrack...

Jake hasn't gotten any of this, so it's my bet that it's still to come, well after the merge. He hasn't dealt with his team virtually at all, so it's my bet that nearly the whole team goes the distance and that any remaining Cheweys after the merge will get the boot. ('cept possibly Brian, who seems to have learned the UTR strategy and may coast as a pawn once the team starts turning on each other.)

I don't think lack of face time for all of the Suks is significant (Nick? Zoe? Kim J.?), but I think Jake's certainly is.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-14-02, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Chewy Gums camera time!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-02 AT 04:01 PM (EST)

Although there was some focus on the SJs this past episode, clearly the larger focus for the last two episodes has been on the CGs. The only other time I can recall the first half of the show's editing being this uneven was in S4, when the MooMoos got all the camera time and the Rotus were skimmed over as the "love tribe." We all know what happened to the MooMoos. Clearly the editors wanted to tell those character's stories before they were voted out, so the early game focus was all on the MooMoos. Remember, from the original tribe break down, only 3 original MooMoos made the merge (Sean, Vee, Robfather).

The early, heavy focus on the CGs worries me, because I have had faith in the weight loss spoilers all along, and that would put the 5 remaining CGs much farther in the game than the editing this season so far suggests.

Of course, it could also be that this season's survivors are so uninteresting and unlikeable that EPM was forced to focus on the only drama available, which was the Ted-Ghandia fight, and milk it for all it was worth. However, if the CGs continue to be profiled in the extreme over the SJs in this week's episode as well, I think we may be forced to rethink the block of 5 making it intact, and start considering how a sub-set of the CGs might survive, despite being outnumbered by SJs at the merge.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •