The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-10-02, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
{Jeff Probst, voiceover} Next time on Survivor, Sook Jai is reminded of the dangers lurking in the sea

{Robb, as he is stung} Aaagh!

{Jeff Probst, voiceover} Chuay Gahn experiences a big loss.

{Clay} I have no idea what we're gonna do.

{Jeff Probst, in-game} I'm going to make you an offer.

{Jeff Probst, voiceover} And an offer...

{Jeff Probst, voiceover} ...that could change the entire game.

{Jeff Probst, in-game} Sixty seconds, think about this. This is an individual decision.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 First Impressions... IceCat 10-10-02 1
   RE: First Impressions... TeamJoisey 10-11-02 51
 Second Impressions... IceCat 10-10-02 2
 Chuay Gahn's 'Big Loss'... IceCat 10-10-02 3
   I think Chuay Ghan's biggest loss i... TribalTex29 10-13-02 65
 RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps true 10-10-02 4
   RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps Bungler 10-10-02 6
       RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps true 10-10-02 7
           C'mon Guys! U Know Jan... TribalTex29 10-13-02 66
       ... and... IceCat 10-10-02 9
 RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps Yogi 10-10-02 5
   RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps erikman 10-10-02 8
 Supplemental vidcaps SurvivorBlows 10-10-02 10
   RE: Supplemental vidcaps GTmike 10-10-02 11
       RE: Supplemental vidcaps ejm92 10-10-02 12
       RE: Supplemental vidcaps Brownroach 10-11-02 34
       RE: Supplemental vidcaps LilNik8 10-11-02 46
   What if... I_AM_HE 10-11-02 13
       RE: What if... I_AM_HE 10-11-02 14
       RE: What if... blacknwhitedog 10-11-02 30
           RE: What if... I_AM_HE 10-11-02 45
       RE: What if... LilNik8 10-11-02 47
           Risks and Rewards katethegreat 10-12-02 57
   comments idiotcowboy 10-11-02 22
   Missing boat pancho 10-11-02 27
 What they lost. ulalame 10-11-02 15
   Or maybe fire... Cathy the Canadian 10-11-02 29
       RE: Or maybe fire... bill 10-11-02 35
       RE: Or maybe fire... pancho 10-11-02 40
 RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps ejm92 10-11-02 16
   RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps corcam 10-11-02 17
   they just woke up GTmike 10-11-02 19
       RE: they just woke up SurvivorBlows 10-11-02 20
       RE: they just woke up Ahtumbreez 10-11-02 24
 RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps Krautboy 10-11-02 18
   agreed idiotcowboy 10-11-02 21
   RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps cowboyroo 10-11-02 23
       RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps Ahtumbreez 10-11-02 25
           RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps LilNik8 10-11-02 48
               RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps AZ_Leo 10-14-02 79
 RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps addictedtoSB 10-11-02 26
 RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps samboohoo 10-11-02 28
   RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps Bebo 10-11-02 37
       RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps tribephyl 10-13-02 69
 Ep 5 Preview on CBS Website travelingbetty 10-11-02 31
   Tribe switch asked by Jiffy jkokoj 10-11-02 32
   RE: Ep 5 Preview on CBS Website true 10-11-02 33
       RE: Ep 5 Preview on CBS Website steppingrazor42 10-11-02 36
           RE: Ep 5 Preview on CBS Website corcam 10-11-02 38
 Ut Oh... It's Game Logic Time... IceCat 10-11-02 39
   RE: Ut Oh... It's Game Logic Time..... Q 10-11-02 41
       Look at the next episode Title... managerr 10-11-02 42
   RE: Ut Oh... It's Game Logic Time..... GuessItRains 10-11-02 43
       Don't underestimate the mother hen ... SurvivorBlows 10-11-02 44
           RE: Don't underestimate the mother ... Krautboy 10-11-02 50
               RE: Don't underestimate the mother ... Granvil the 4th 10-12-02 53
                   RE: Don't underestimate the mother ... Krautboy 10-12-02 54
                       RE: Don't underestimate the mother ... corcam 10-12-02 62
   Jan switching unlikely... TribalTex29 10-13-02 67
   RE: Ut Oh... It's Game Logic Time..... MC_Hampster 10-14-02 73
       RE: Ut Oh... It's Game Logic Time..... ShowMeTheWinner 10-14-02 77
 RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps ejm92 10-11-02 49
 Hair analysis I_AM_HE 10-12-02 52
   RE: Hair analysis I_AM_HE 10-12-02 55
       RE: Hair analysis I_AM_HE 10-12-02 56
   RE: Hair analysis Krautboy 10-12-02 58
       RE: Hair analysis KLicK 10-12-02 59
           RE: Hair analysis I_AM_HE 10-12-02 60
               RE: Hair analysis fivestarwheezy 10-12-02 61
                   RE: Hair analysis I_AM_HE 10-13-02 68
                       RE: Hair analysis snoocharoo 10-14-02 71
                           Why switch? Krautboy 10-14-02 72
                               RE: Why switch? snoocharoo 10-14-02 75
                           RE: Hair analysis Brownroach 10-16-02 80
               RE: Hair analysis samiam 10-14-02 74
                   RE: Hair analysis true 10-14-02 76
                       RE: Hair analysis jkokoj 10-14-02 78
   RE: Hair analysis corcam 10-12-02 63
       RE: Hair analysis I_AM_HE 10-12-02 64
           #5 not #7 Krautboy 10-14-02 70

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-10-02, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "First Impressions..."
The minature temple tops (red and black) in the background look like a portable version of the TC...

... where a joint TC takes place to perhaps allow people to decide whether they are going to switch or not.

Jiffy looks like he is standing at a counter... (he leans forward on his hands) perhaps this counter is a place where people will come up to cast a vote to switch or to stay...

The process has to be ballot oriented so that it remains a true 'individual decision'. Maybe they come up and pick a purple rock or an orange rock! (the rocks were such a hit last year )

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-11-02, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: First Impressions..."

Speaking of first impressions...
This is out of left field,
but certainly an "individual decision."

What if the offer is simply this:

"Will you take a guaranteed $50,000 to drop out of the game?"

It's more likely the offer to switch tribes, but my first impression was a buyout. Perhaps even a rising bid until someone bites or they get to $100,000.

And having read the other posts, switching isn't a bad idea for Steph. She knows she's on the block in Sookie, and would probably be more welcome at Chewie, where she can help them win immunity challenges. If she gets the offer, she'll go.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

10-10-02, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Second Impressions..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-02 AT 10:00 PM (EST)

Build-Up...

Jan is feeling betrayed and somewhat alone after Helen's betrayal at the voting booth...

Stephanie is obviously still 'not playing well with others'...

Now, note the looks on these two faces:

Isn't this what Jan and Steph would look like immediately after Jiffy offers them the chance to switch tribes? The other folks don't look overly pleased (which is what would be expected if a reward was being offered).

It looks like Jiffy asks the both tribes to make an 'individual decision' regarding which tribe they want to be in. Only the truly desperate will take him up on the offer. Steph and Jan definately fit that description... it is interesting that Robb's reaction is not shown... hmmmm was his reaction too revealing? Or was his leg/foot bandaged up from the earlier depicted injury and too visible to be shown in the preview?

10-10-02, 10:08 PM (EST)
3. "Chuay Gahn's 'Big Loss'..."
... if there is indeed an individual-choice-swap (ICS), then Chuay Gahn's big loss might be a net drop in members after the 'big swap meet' . Stephanie and Robb seemed a little happier after the banana dummy challenge win and might feel that they have a better chance in their own tribe than be seen as traitors.

Jan's position seems more desperate as she has no allies at all in her own tribe and may be dealing with a strong sense of betrayal after Helen's vote at TC.

If Jan is the only one who elects to switch, then Chuay Gahn has it's 'big loss' in the form of one less tribe member (and one less 'cook/bottle washer')

TribalTex29 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-13-02, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TribalTex29 Click to send private message to TribalTex29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "I think Chuay Ghan's biggest loss is in supplies..."
My guess is CG loses their canoe, and end up getting wiped out walking to the watering hole every time. Notice in vid previews how they keep looking out to sea. Maybe Sook Jai's not the only one who can't understand the way tides work.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
Ok, this is kinda out of left field, but...

What if Robb is too injured to continue in the game. CG loses something important (Immunity) and Jiffy offers them the chance to replace Robb on SJ with a member of CG. That way, CG loses a member, but doesn't have to vote someone out. And SJ doesn't get penalized for Robb's injury since they win IC.

Ted and Brian look like they're thinking it over, Jan looks thrilled cause she knows she would have been voted out next. Steph is happy to accept a new non hut person into the tribe, and Shii Ann gives us her trademark smirk. Penny and Erin are thinking, crap, which old fart are we gonna be stuck with.

I'm sure we'll get lots of crazy theories this week, so I thought I'd start the ball rolling.

Bungler 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-10-02, 10:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bungler Click to send private message to Bungler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
For what it's worth, Shii Ann silently laughs, then drops her face into her hands. I didn't cap the head drop. Hopefully that doesn't confuse anyone.

10-10-02, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
Are you saying that my thoughts seem confused?

Thanks for the caps Bungler!

10-13-02, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TribalTex29 Click to send private message to TribalTex29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "C'mon Guys! U Know Jan..."
She would've looked like that no matter what surprise Jiffy gave them. Tell her its going to rain and she probably would've overreacted or started crying.

And for the record, I think if there was to be a vote, Helen would go before Jan.

10-10-02, 10:38 PM (EST)
9. "... and..."
... Shii Ann shakes her head (side to side) and closes her eyes before she drops her head...

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-10-02, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
Perhaps a vote for an 'early merge'.

Brian looks like he is ready for the real games to begin.

I think the 5 CG would go for it along with Steph and Robb.

Just a thought.

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-10-02, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
penny is the one i am wondering about she does'nt look to happy

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-02, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Supplemental vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-02 AT 11:23 PM (EST)

Here are some additoinal shots of some of the more interesting scenes

Jake and his little harem...

What is Ted sitting on, is that the boat? ...or is the boat what is missing -- Clay seems to be scanning the horizon

The temple steeple-like things (personally to me they look like giant chess pieces)

Based on the below and the above , I think it's stafe to say all the beard growth spoilers have outlived their usefulness

Jan seems elated...

Erin seems to be in awe...

That doesn't look like happiness on Penny's face...

Stephanie seems to form a bit of a smirk...

Note a third chess piece thingy on the right -- how many of these things are there???

Shii-Ann smiles and drops her head...

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-10-02, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Supplemental vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-10-02 AT 11:56 PM (EST)

SB, I agree with you that the pieces look like big chess pieces. That is what I thought when I first saw it.

I don't think that the thing w/ Jeff is an all out vote if you want to change sides b/c you run the risk of too many people from one side wanting to switch and not enough people from the other side wanting to. It could be an everyone vote if they want to merge now or not. This could be done at the end of the show and leads into the next week's "Power of One."

As for CG loss, the boat idea does sound like a good one. I don't know if it is just me, but looking behind Clay, and Ted where he is sitting, it looks like a tide line. To me it looks like a line where the tide ended. Maybe a lot of their cooking stuff and water jugs dissapeard and they have to move camps or trade something.

**Edited to add that the chess piece scenes looks like it is in a studio or w/a lot of stage lighting around.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-10-02, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Supplemental vidcaps"
Yes, the lighting reminds me of the way they have studio lighting at the TC's. I think Webby's wonderful crisp clear vidcaps make it look even more so, but I'm sure if it was supposed to be a very dramatic moment and a turning point in the game, EPM would want it to look nice.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Supplemental vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-02 AT 05:02 PM (EST)

>It
>could be an everyone vote
>if they want to merge
>now or not. This
>could be done at the
>end of the show and
>leads into the next week's
>"Power of One."

I like this idea better than Bergdogg's tribal switch / game scenario * -- although I like that too, a game would be pointless if only one person (Stephanie) opts to play it.

> I don't
>know if it is just
>me, but looking behind Clay,
>and Ted where he is
>sitting, it looks like a
>tide line. To me
>it looks like a line
>where the tide ended.

And Ted is sitting on Brian's guitar case, which suggests the sand is still wet in that area.

* Edited to correct myself -- Bergdogg's scenario is not in this thread, it's in the "Jiffy makes his offer vidcaps" thread.

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-11-02, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LilNik8 Click to send private message to LilNik8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Supplemental vidcaps"
>LAST EDITED ON 10-10-02
>AT 11:56 PM (EST)

>As for CG loss, the boat
>idea does sound like a
>good one.

I agree. Remember SJ just has to walk a little ways to get water whereas CG has to boat half way across the world it seems to get theirs. That would be a huge loss. I can't think of anything else except for a strong player getting hurt...the only strong player besides Ted and Brian is Helen.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "What if..."
the tribes get to vote for an opponent to join their tribe, or get to vote one of their own onto the other tribe (and maybe there is a catch revealed afterward that the traded person gets immunity)

just throwing something else out, as i also really can't see a "choose your own team" method working. (and i don't think anyone looks particularly unhappy)

and is it just me or does steph look a lot like kelly w. in these caps?!? eek!

10-11-02, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: What if..."
also note erin still only has one dangly thingy in cap 21 above

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: What if..."
Big chess pieces symbolize strategy. I think they have to individually decide if anyone wants to switch tribes. Plus they pick someone to take their place.
Who would have the motivation to switch tribes? Maybe Jan or Stephanie. Jan is vulnerable, Stephanie is an outsider. But would either be that dumb? They would probably get picked off right away by their "new" tribe.
So what would be the motivation to switch? Remember in E4 no one thought trading individual immunity was a safe idea. I don't think immunity is an incentive here. If immunity was offered in exchange for switching tribes, everyone would go for it and what would you have?
I think someone has to be desperate enough to try to save themselves for just a little longer, like Jan. If she switches to SJ she is automatically on the stronger team so maybe she avoids TC this time.
My idea is if you decide to switch tribes, you have to pick one person from the other tribe to take your place on your old tribe-hence the possible ballot writing.

blacknwhitedog
It's just a show, I should really just relax...

10-11-02, 08:30 PM (EST)
45. "RE: What if..."
as i said, they would not know that the switched people got immunity

not that i think that happens either, but i certainly don't think that immunity is used as incentive

10-11-02, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LilNik8 Click to send private message to LilNik8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: What if..."
>the tribes get to vote for
>an opponent to join their
>tribe, or get to vote
>one of their own onto
>the other tribe (and maybe
>there is a catch revealed
>afterward that the traded person
>gets immunity)

Good thought. I like this idea as well.

katethegreat 207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-12-02, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katethegreat Click to send private message to katethegreat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "Risks and Rewards"
There must be some kind of reward associated with the huge risk of switching sides. What about this scenario? You get a food reward, like a sack of rice, if you decide to switch. Or even trickier - you can play a game, with only a chance of switching (like you pick a rock - you may switch, you may not), BUT if you are willing to chance it, you get a big reward for your tribe.

Can't see why anyone would switch without a reward attached. Better the devil you know . . . Being an outsider in a new tribe would be way too risky, even if you are Stephanie or Jan.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 02:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "comments"
pic #4 is the Texas three-some... they do seem to hang out together a whole lot.

pics #9-12 definately the boat is missing.

pic #15 Ted trying to gage others reactions in his tribe? Or sizing up the other tribe?

pic #17 Brian picking his teeth... ok, ok it looks like he's plotting his next move

pic #18 Jan looks more excited than most about whatever this is

pic #21 Erin looks clueless (as usual)

pic #22 Penny looks resigned to this screwing up whatever strategy she is currently using

pics #27 & 29 Steph looks like she might have recieved a temporary stay of execution.

the "chesspieces" perhaps are symbolic of the strategy these people should be using at this point... although probably are just Thai temple thingies that someone in the art department had left over from the TC set.

-ICB

pancho 82 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pancho Click to send private message to pancho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Missing boat"
The Ocean's surprise could be the boat coming back to shore later on after it had been lost.
pancho

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-11-02, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "What they lost."
I think that it's pretty clear that what CG lost is their boat. The reason they don't know what they are going to do is because they need their boat to get water--without the boat, they don't drink.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-11-02, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Or maybe fire..."
The only thing as important as their boat is their fire. What if they accidently let it go out?

We didn't have the whole "quest for fire" thing this time around, but we all remember how hard it was for the tribes to make fire.

No boat - no water, no fire - no food.

bill 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-11-02, 12:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bill Click to send private message to bill Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Or maybe fire..."
If it was fire that they lost, they can just pick up some at the next TC.

I go with the boat.

pancho 82 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pancho Click to send private message to pancho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Or maybe fire..."
They were given a flint and stone to start a fire. Unless Ghandia tossed them into the ocean, I still think that i'ts the boat that they lost.
pancho

10-11-02, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
Just wanted to make sure everyone makes a mental note, that yes, our beard spoilers are no good anymore, and the weight loss spoilers are starting to be less and less significant...from this picture, Ted looks to have lost A LOT of weight since day one.

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"

God I hope no one goes walking around naked b/c their clothes don't fit anymore.... well in a way Brian could fully transition himself in Dicque.. and give his clothes to Ted Now that is defienently something we don't need to see LOL

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-11-02, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "they just woke up"
Brian also looks like he just woke up. I imagine it didn't happen TC night b/c no one was wet or disheveled from having had to walk in the rain (from a storm brewing)when they got to TC. Of course this could have happened early that morning. Ted also has his long shirt on and thus further proof that they are waking up either the day after TC or the next day. Where are the ladies??

10-11-02, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: they just woke up"
I like the idea that it was a particularly stormy night and they wake up the next morning to see the boat (and their transportation to fresh water during times of high tide, remember it is walkable during low tide) gone.

At first I thoguht Brian was holding a snapped rope ot such, but looking at my larger vidcaps I"m not sure what it is, it looks like a little green leaf more than anything.

-SB

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: they just woke up"
>Where are the ladies??

Maybe it's the ladies that they lost and Clay's remark about not knowing what they are going to do now is because they have no one to cook, clean or change their diapers for them now.

And just a note: I know Brian was tongueincheek when talking about the gender/work division, but did he not watch S1 and the cow comment?

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-11-02, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
Ted and Jan are wearing their challenge buffs, which is not characteristic for them when they are just in camp...

Both tribes probably arrive for the RC, at which point Jeff says

"...you have 60 seconds to decide if you want to switch tribes or stay. This is an entirely individual decision, you are not allowed to discuss this with your tribemates..."

The "Oceans Surprise" has multiple meanings, as is usually the case...Robb is surprised by the stingray, the Chuay Gahn are surprised by the ocean taking their canoe, and everyone is surprised by the "voluntary switch"...

Krautboy

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 02:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "agreed"
I was thinking along the exact same lines krautboy, although my personal guess is Jiffy will take his time getting to the point about switching by reminding CG how badly they have sucked in challenges, and both how getting off on a bad footing with their tribemates can kill their chances... then spring the whole you got 60 sec to decide if you want to stay or switch.

Interestingly enough if they did would anyone other than Stephanie really take him up on the offer? My personal guess is no, although Jan and Robb might consider it due to "outsider in their own tribe" concerns... and Brian might consider it from a strategic perspective. Past that I have a hard time believing anyone would actually accept the offer.

-ICB

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 04:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
I totally agree...I also think this may be where Robb's words from the first episode of being glad he's not on the old lady's team come back to haunt him. Gut tells me Robb is gonna jump ship over to the old lady's team in fear of the boot, and there's no way the old folks are gonna boot the young strong guy......foreshadowing at its best (hopefully)

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
I think there has to be an offer of money or immunity in there somewhere. Otherwise why would anyone switch (if that's what this is about) better the devil you know than the one you don't. I personally lean towards money because I can't come up with how an immunity offer would work (the first 3 to switch has immunity until merge? naw....)

10-11-02, 08:53 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
>I think there has to be
>an offer of money or
>immunity in there somewhere.
>Otherwise why would anyone switch
>(if that's what this is
>about) better the devil you
>know than the one you
>don't. I personally lean
>towards money because I can't
>come up with how an
>immunity offer would work (the
>first 3 to switch has
>immunity until merge? naw....)

How would money be any good right then in there...I think if there is a reward to switching, it would probably be food..

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-14-02, 05:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
79. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
I've been thinking about the idea of a monetary bribe being the shocking offer all weekend. Offering cash has worked well in other series. Remember The Mole when Elavia gave up the entire game for $50,000 when everyone believed she had good chance of winning it all.

Say you know you are likely to be the next one voted off of your tribe. Leaving anytime in the next several TC's and you basically get a nice vacation in Thailand and some pocket change. But take the offer of $$ for switching (maybe something substantial like the above)and although you still may be next off you get extra prize money normally reserved for those who stay later in the game, you get away from those who don't want you around anyway, and maybe, just maybe, there's a chance to pull some alliance magic with your new tribe members. You certainly wouldn't be any worse off then you are right now.

Also keep in mind that overall this group of survivors are definitely not in it for the "experience". They appear to be a greedy bunch that seem to prefer things handed to them rather than to work for them (i.e., get the food once in a reward challenge rather than go out and collect it on a daily basis, even when it's just sitting on the beach). I think several could be the take the money and run types. You can also be sure the production crew has had enough time with these people to make a pretty good guess as to how each will react.

I also have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that they did give cash this season. I think it was a statement made by Jeff Probst in an interview. I have been looking for the link but unable to find anything but a few tantalizing headlines with no content anymore. Anyone else recall something like this?

addictedtoSB 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-11-02, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail addictedtoSB Click to send private message to addictedtoSB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-02 AT 09:46 AM (EST)

I_AM_HE
I love the idea of switching team in return for immunity. For how long? The next TC? Until the merge?

My first impression of the CG loss was that it was the boat that was missing. Clay staring out to sea all dishevelled and confused.

Regarding what Ted is sitting on in cap 3 - could it be Brian's guitar case, just based on the dark, seemingly black colour. It would be about the right height too as his knees are fairly high indicating whatever he is sitting on isn't very high.

It seems we have a lot more juicy footage to spoil with this time. I wonder how much of it is misdirection.

edited to add - Would JP let them decide if the want to switch individually, then throw in, okay, now choose who replaces you from the other team's "i don't want to switch members".

This way only one member needs to decide to take the chance to shake things up, one on each team is possible, even likely, especially if imunity comes into play.

This could lead to an "unlikely alliance" if one who chose to switch for example Steph and one who was a replacement,like any one of the others.

Don't know if either tribe has the brain power to pull this to their advantage though.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
Haven't had a lot of time to really analyze things yet, but I'm going to go with what or rather who we don't see in these clips. Where the heck are Ken and Helen?

Helen is known for taking that boat out without a map . . .

Also, Robb does appear to be missing from the "deal" clips. We know that in S2, when Michael was injured and taken away, there was no immunity challange. Could Robb be lost to injury, as was Michael. I think Robb is anoying, but I can't see Shuck-N-Jive voting him out quite yet. Could be the reason he has time to smoke with Ghandia in the Loser Lounge.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
>but I'm going to go with what or rather who
>we don't see in these clips.

What if we're not being told the whole story?

Jiffy offers the individual choice for a switch. Suppose no one takes him up on it. What if the then says, "Then the choice will be made for you?" The Ocean's Surprise could then be the random method by which the switch takes place.

Those vidcaps could be reaction shots to learning that saying no took the decision out of their own hands and put it up for chance.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-02, 05:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
69. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
Heavy and deep AAAAHHhhhhhhhhh....!
Jiffy offers the individual choice for a switch. Suppose no one takes him up on it. What if the then says, "Then the choice will be made for you?" The Ocean's Surprise could then be the random method by which the switch takes place.

It's just so....Burnettian....*squeak*. For the life of me I kept trying to think of some reason a switch is gonna happen without having a bad turnout for volunteers. He would never show us a glaring failure on his part.....unless.....HAHA he had "pre(de)viously already figured out what would happen in the case that no one wanted to switch. Leave it up to us spoiling types or spoiler responding types to overthink on who from what tribe would pick to switch...when it doesn't matter in E.PeckerPeckerland.

If that's the case. Who is missing from each tribe in the promos? Those folks should be the ones switching. Aren't Ted Brian and Clay seen looking into the Andaman...although, I think they are looking for the boat, but others have mentioned them looking for new Tmates to arrive.
And again, I'm thinking something else, but Robb Penny Jake and Erin are seen at the beach swimming...are they waiting as well?
Just kinda putting my vote now for Ken and Stephanie from SJ and both Jan and Helen from CG as switchers with Shii-Ann as a possibility too. But I could be..and almost always are, wrong. When it comes to predicting the show.

My name should have been Devil's Advocate or Gemini or something 3 oriented....how 'bout tribe...a small one....kinda.

travelingbetty 296 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail travelingbetty Click to send private message to travelingbetty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Ep 5 Preview on CBS Website"
I don't think anyone has mentioned this (and if they have, sorry for overlooking it) but the Preview on the CBS Website is different than the one aired last night. The CG boat is missing and Jiffy makes the offer of switching tribes. Would it be possible to get some vidcaps from this?

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-11-02, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Tribe switch asked by Jiffy"
Thanks travelingbetty. I just went over and watched and listened to the video. Indeed Brian is saying they just lost the boat and Jiffy asks if anyone wants to switch tribes!

10-11-02, 11:16 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Ep 5 Preview on CBS Website"
WOW! This is just too easy. Not only did MB give us Robb as the injured tribe member, but now we have confirmation that it is the boat that is lost.

Not only that, but they gave us the Surprise offer. Some surprise, huh?

Something fishy is going on. There has to be more to it, than a simple offer to switch tribes. Otherwise, I don't seen anyone but possibly Stephanie taking the offer. While Jan may be vulnerable at CG, she would be an easy pick off at SJ. Robb seems confident enough where he is, and after the choking incident, he'd be a moron to think the CG's would accept him. (ok, he is a moron, so who knows)

Why would anyone else even consider swapping. Especially the SJ members. They have a majority. And Ted, Clay, Brian, and Helen have Jan to pick off next if necessary. Why would they chance being swapped, unless they knew for sure that they wouldn't be outnumbered?

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Ep 5 Preview on CBS Website"
>Why would they chance being swapped, unless they knew for sure >that they wouldn't be outnumbered?

This is the big question! By simply switching tribes you are basically begging to be Pagonged, aren't you? The only way would be is if one of the SJ guys, Robb, Ken, Stephanie, went to CG and had their strength insure their stay. There HAS to be more to this, MB must have more in store.

I'm curious to see if Robb's injury plays into it, it looks like he goes down hard.

10-11-02, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Ep 5 Preview on CBS Website"
Maybe there is some sort of catch.... like lets say Steph and Jan say they want to switch... and then Jiffy Pop says everyone but you come draw a buff or rock LOL and that is what team you are on..

this sounds so weird and it doesn't make any sense without a catch... ghandamnida jiffy pop & emb you are giving me a migrane!!

10-11-02, 04:18 PM (EST)
39. "Ut Oh... It's Game Logic Time..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-02 AT 04:29 PM (EST)

Let's look at Jan's situation:

Jan's alliance with Ghandia and Helen has vaporized...
She is feeling some sense of betrayal with respect to Helen...
Jan has to know she is the next Chuay Gahn to be voted off...
If Jan switches to Sook Jai, she is the next Sook Jai to be voted off...

If you are next to be voted off regardless of what tribe you are on, what do you do?
The answer is quite simple: You switch to the tribe that is most likely to win immunity - Sook Jai!

This scenario is unique to Jan... she will be the only one to switch tribes...

Speculation Time:

Her arrival is going to have some sort of an effect on the Sook Jai's... perhaps shifting the power balance is some fashion or perhaps she will be instrumental in winning a challenge against her former team mates.

Maybe Jan is the 'despondent underdog' who becomes the 'Power of One'.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-11-02, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Ut Oh... It's Game Logic Time..."
Jan could not be the despondent underdog. She was no were near being cocky in the beginning prior to becoming despondent.

I am thinking it refers to a S.J. member. Steph, etc.

D.R.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-11-02, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "Look at the next episode Title..."
Episode 6 is Entitled: The Power of One

That would make sense if only one person were to swap in E5. Episode 6 focuses on the new tribal dynamics--sometimes it only takes one person to upset a voting block or change the way things work.

Suppose Jan were to take up Jeff's offer and swap. I think we were all in agreement that she could survive at least one Tribal Council if Sook Jai lost immunity in Episode 5. (As long as Stephanie didn't defect as well)

That would not only reduce Chuay Guan to 4 members, but maybe Jan is invited to become part of a new voting bloc, but she learned stuff from the Red Berets that the Sookies could use.

A Stephanie defection over to CG could be similar. Now it's 3 on 3 man vs. women again and Stephanie would be viewed as one of their stronger members. She definitely would spill all the Sookie secrets.

GuessItRains 700 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuessItRains Click to send private message to GuessItRains Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Ut Oh... It's Game Logic Time..."
Um, Cat,

I am in 100% agreement that logically the first and perhaps only person to volunteer to switch should be Jan. She is in the weakest position in the weakest tribe.

But Jan is one of the least logical castaways we've ever seen. Her picks weren't based on logic, they were based on emotion. I think she was terrified of being on a tribe with young buff people she thought she couldn't relate to. She'll still be terrified of that prospect and of having to cope with a whole new beach in a new place she's never been with a bunch of people, all of whom know each other and none of whom she knows. I'm sure if put to the test she'll take a "Devil you know..." approach.

If the switch is mandatory though the chances are still good she becomes a Sookie. She's the only one from Chewie who would have any reason to volunteer, and her male tribemates would be more than happy to get rid of her.

10-11-02, 05:45 PM (EST)
44. "Don't underestimate the mother hen syndrome"
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-02 AT 05:47 PM (EST)

I think folks are being a bit too quick to dismiss Jan seeing a switch to Purple Tribe as a death warrant and assuming that she would be voted out.

Remember, as Ice points out, she has to think she's doomed in Red tribe -- if they loss again, she has to see her head on the block next. Based on previous history alone, she knows the absolute best way to avoid being booted (and I agrued this point back when she picked her tribe in Episode 1) is to WIN THE IMMUNITY CHALLENGES. Therefore given that the other tribe has won 75% of the immunity tribes to date, a simple playing of the odds would indicate she take the chance and move.

Additionally, there are three other things to consider:

1) The fact that Jake is still around and how the tribe relates with him. She has to have noticed that the first person booted was not her fellow "elder" but it was the big, buff, strong young guy. If she's paid attention at the challenges, she should have noticed how Jake seems to have the respect of the majority his tribe (just look at his little harem.) Jake has clearly been accepted as in a father figure-role of sorts, she might sense that the plus side to all that tribal youth might be a willingness to accept a mother hen.

2) The Rudy/Keith Theory: you don't boot the cook. I'm not sure how much of this she might have been able to detect at the challenges, but she might very well be sensing that there's an opportunity in the other tribe for someone that actually is willing to cook, clean, etc. -- all the crap she is already doing in her existing tribe.

3) The divided tribe. Again, I don't know how much of this she might have been able to have picked up at the challenges, but she might have been able to detect that there is some division in the oher tribe -- a division that she might be able to expliot to survive in the event that the tribe DOES LOSE some challenges and above Options #1 and #2 don't work.

The bottom line is based on the view from here, Jan is foolish if she is offered the opportunity to switch and doesn't do so.

-SB

10-11-02, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Don't underestimate the mother hen syndrome"
Ice, Webby, Guessitrains and Managerr, I like the way this discussion is going…Jan volunteering to switch makes a lot of sense.

Her reasons:

With Helen now one of the boys, Jan is in a vulnerable position should Chuay Gahn go to TC.

Jan has been doing much of the work , including going for water. Without the canoe, her job will become even more difficult.

The Sook Jai now have bananas (and chickens but Jan doesn’t know that yet), so their food supply is another incentive.

Jan has seen the strength of the Sook Jai in challenges, so her chances not going to TC may be better with the stronger tribe.

Plot Scenarios:

Jan and anyone from the Sook Jai would be “unlikely tribemates” in EP5. If she formed an alliance with Stephanie (because they are both hard workers and food gatherers) it would originally be formed because they needed each other to survive, eventhough they might not really trust each other at first…also fitting with the teaser.

Managerr, your idea that the “Power of One” is Jan’s effect on the tribal dynamics of Sook Jai, rings true to me. She could step into a power role and survive TC while Shii Ann and Robb are destined to smoke with Ghandia..

Jan’s introduction to the Sook Jai could also force the tribe to get rid of one of their surplus “weak players”. With Jan in the tribe they would have two, but Jan works hard and is friendly, while Shii Ann is lazy and irritating. Jan’s switch to Sook Jai may tip the scales against Shii Ann.

Krautboy

Granvil the 4th 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-12-02, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Granvil%20the%204th Click to send private message to Granvil%20the%204th Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Don't underestimate the mother hen syndrome"
Hold on just one second . . . The first three episodes, I remember switching back and forth in my thinking with respect to who is in the alliance.

If you remember back to the first episode, Helen was the one to vote for stupid reasons (Clay has enough money). In E2, Gahndoria was the only one not to vote for Tanya (hero-worship) and in E4, Jan was the outsider voting for Clay.

I'm not saying Jan is one of the boys, but I'm sure not convinced Helen is either. She was out in left field in E1, everyone knew who was going in E2, and this time, yes, Helen was a player, switching and voting out the Gonedia. But right up to TC, the women were under the impression that they were going to drive a tie.

Jan is just clueless, I think. Helen is definately strategizing, but like I said, I don't think she is 'one of the boys'. My point (yes, I've been acused of writing novels before) is that I could see Helen taking Jiffy up on the offer. She could be a Rob-like (one b of S4) strategizer, and be a bit more successful at it.

Granvil

10-12-02, 01:19 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Don't underestimate the mother hen syndrome"
OK, she's one of the boys -- in training. Helen is certainly not "one of the boys" in the mind of Ted or Clay, but Helen made a concious decision when forced to choose. She said she would swallow her pride or whatever she had to... She decided not to vote with the women, and to be "one of the boys" instead.

Brian is the business man and he would be willing to partner up with Helen as a pure "business decision" in order to get to the end. In fact they may have already. Strategies revealed don't succeed, but that one hasn't been revealed. Brian can accept her as one of the boys...in training.

Krautboy

10-12-02, 11:20 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Don't underestimate the mother hen syndrome"
but Helen made a concious decision when forced to choose. She said she would swallow her pride or whatever she had to... She decided not to vote with the women, and to be "one of the boys" instead.

I wonder what exactly "whatever she had to" actually means....LOL
Sorry I wouldn't degrade myself for any man

10-13-02, 02:38 AM (EST)
67. "Jan switching unlikely..."
Have you seen any example of why Jan would switch? Just look at her, she picked the tribe, she obviously saw something in the people she picked. I think she chose the other older women so she would have a better chance in the long wrong, ALSO, if Jan is anything, I think she is loyal and also-- naive. She probably would let her heart win out and her loyalty win out and stick with Chuay Ghan over Sook Jai.

There's something missing in this scenario. We already know Jiffy asks them if they want to switch. But what is the 'catch'? There has to be one.

BTW, I think Robb is out of the picture, leaving the ratio 5 to 6. That could definitely make Stephanie a little nervous and wanting to shake things up by switching, but alas, I think she stays with Sook Jai, leaving some kind of random switch a la last year.

Why does Thursday have to be so far away?

MC_Hampster 105 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-02, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MC_Hampster Click to send private message to MC_Hampster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
73. "RE: Ut Oh... It's Game Logic Time..."
I think I disagree with the barage of posts of those who say you would have to be an idiot to ever voluntarily switch tribes (except for maybe Jan in this situation).

The fact that it is a voluntary switch really shakes things up. When you are involuntarily swapped to another team, the natural reaction to such change is to gang up against the other team. If you have a person who has voluntarily left their tribe to join yours, you can probably safely guess they are a "free agent" that can be used against the other alliances within your tribe. I think switching tribes might not be a completely bad idea.

However, this might require too much logic on the part of both the switching tribe member and their new tribe...

-MC

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-02, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
77. "RE: Ut Oh... It's Game Logic Time..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-14-02 AT 02:25 PM (EST)

Yeah... I always thought that the voluntary switch wasn't a bad idea on Burnett's part. I think the voluntary switch is this season's version of the coconut challenge. The voluntary switch is there to show the alliances out in the open and it's only there for 60 seconds so the players won't have the chance to over-think the situation-- if they feel that they are the next to go, they would jump on this chance right away without the luxury of thinking through the possible repercussions of their choice. Besides, since the switch is an individual decision, I doubt that they were allowed to talk things through with all the tribe members to prevent the entire tribe from jumping ships and everybody getting the immunity at the next TC (I'd think that at least immunity for the next TC is a necessary part of the switch to prevent the switched person from getting kicked off at the first post-switch TC).

Anyway, I'm still not certain as to whether any castaways would go for it. Potential switch candidates would be Jan and Helen from CG, and Steph, Shii Ann, and Robb from SJ.
It's pretty strategic for Jan to switch but I'm not sure if she'd go for it since she's kinda passive and unlikely to make a bold move.
Helen might think that she had Jan to protect her from being the next boot so she might not switch.
Stephanie might switch if she's really the outsider that the editing had made her out to be.
Shii Ann might switch if she feels insecure about her position in the SJ alliance, whose dynamics we haven't gotten a good idea of up till now.
Robb doesn't strike me as someone who would actually switch. Judging from what we have seen of him so far, I don't think the cocky dude would ever feel vulnerable at all coz he probably thinks that SJ would kick CG's @$$ in the challenges to come and SJ wouldn't need to go to TC till the merge.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

10-11-02, 09:45 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Ep 5 (Thursday) Preview Vidcaps"
This is just mainly a reminder that I meant to post awhile back...this little "proposition" by Probst has to be rather simple, mainly considering that EPM is trying to please the viewing public with something that will make the game interesting, but he will keep it simple so it doesn't confuse the non-internet viewers. Remember back in the Outback where Jeff made a "proposal" to the Barramundi tribe? We analyzed the hell out of those vidcaps, and all he was doing was giving them some rice and taking their tarps.

10-12-02, 00:39 AM (EST)
52. "Hair analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-02 AT 00:47 AM (EST)

lol, i feel like a forensic scientist

notice how Penny's and Steph's hair are done exactly the same way. seems to me there may be a little reconciliation going on that we may not be seeing. Shii Ann's is possibly the same, although its hard to tell with her dark hair. it looks like she's got the braided ponytails, but its not as elaborate up top.

i think this may indicate some sort of blowup in SJ in which Shii Ann loses her (already shaky) place in the tribe's core to Stephanie. Shii and Jan definitely seem the happiest, while Steph's reaction seems more calculating, sort of half-way between the Ted/Brian look and the Jan/Shii look. Perhaps she sees the opportunity to gain another victim (in addition to Shii???) to place before her on the boot list?

10-12-02, 01:59 AM (EST)
55. "RE: Hair analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-02 AT 02:02 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-12-02 AT 02:01 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-12-02 AT 02:00 AM (EST)
argh, trying to get the links and the pics, but its not working!! there, just copy and take the last "X" out in the links. the first is a recap cap from episode 3 i think

as proof that Penny did not have her hair like this in episode 4
http://gallery.survivorthailand.com/albums/4-EPISODE4/ep4_caps_0013.jpgX

http://gallery.survivorthailand.com/albums/4-EPISODE4/ep4_caps_0138.jpgX

so, if stephanie is and penny are sitting around doing each other's hair, stephanie does NOT seem like as big a target as the editing says

10-12-02, 02:07 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Hair analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-02 AT 04:54 PM (EST)

one more, from Ep 4 IC...Penny's hair is like Steph's in this cap. so they appear to have already made up (?) by IC. combined with Robb and Shii Ann hugging at IC, and again, I think we have Shii Ann suddenly replaced by Stephanie as the tagalong in the SJ5. conclusion: Robb, Shii, or Jan goes in Ep 5. Stephanie is safe.

http://gallery.survivorthailand.com/albums/4-EPISODE4/thumbs/ep4_caps_0925.jpgX

10-12-02, 11:21 AM (EST)
58. "RE: Hair analysis"
Excellent observations. This seems to support the other evidence that suggests that Stephanie is safe and Shii Ann is in trouble...

Krautboy

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-02, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Hair analysis"
I doubt that it means Penny and Steph have made up as much as it means that Erin is trying to pull Stephanie back in and Stephanie is a little receptive.

Someone DID their hair that way (I doubt it was one of the guys or Shii Ann). Has Stephanie worn it this way before? If she has, then she could have done Penny's too, I guess.

10-12-02, 04:14 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Hair analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 10-12-02 AT 04:41 PM (EST)

sorry, this is picture intensive!

yeah, the possibility of Erin (I also think it is more likely her than Shii) did their hair is something I think possible too (I think I said that in one of those posts, if not, thanks for adding it). Steph had her hair like that at least early on in Ep 4 (ie before Penny's). I'll try and see if I can pinpoint exactly where the change occurs for each

but the point is, irregardless of WHO did their hair, that if they are sitting around doing hair the same way, it likley indicates there is more goodwill between Penny and Steph (and Erin or whoever did it) than we are being shown

here's one pre RC:
http://gallery.survivorthailand.com/albums/4-EPISODE4/ep4_caps_0391.jpgX

Steph's is done up, Penny's is not

here's one at RC:
http://gallery.survivorthailand.com/albums/4-EPISODE4/ep4_caps_0506.jpgX

Penny's is sort of done up, but its not as elaborately braided up top yet. it would have to be completely redone to have the braiding up to the scalp as in the IC cap

here's one post RC:
http://gallery.survivorthailand.com/albums/4-EPISODE4/ep4_caps_0728.jpgX

Penny's hair is completely out of braids, and note the look she's giving Shii behind her back

finally, here's one from the beginning of the episode, you can see from behind (and in other caps) that Steph has the two braids, and Penny is done in one braid

http://gallery.survivorthailand.com/albums/4-EPISODE4/ep4_caps_0172.jpgX

and here's one from Ep3, pre IC, to establish the time Stephanie's is done:
http://gallery.survivorthailand.com/albums/3-EPISODE3/st_ep3_0778.jpgX

one of Penny sitting out Ep3 IC:
http://gallery.survivorthailand.com/albums/3-EPISODE3/st_ep3_0835.jpgX

Stephanie's is clearly done before Penny's (mid Ep3 as opposed to mid Ep4) and that seems to indicate a conciliatory gesture on Penny's part to have her hair done in the same fashion of someone who is supposedly on the outs with her tribe.

hope that helps some

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-02, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Hair analysis"
great job on the hair idea. Just a note, some people can do their own hair that way without help (another thing for Stephanie to add to her list of 'nobody will help me with... ).

A topic that I have been unable to find a thread for...on the CBS scenes from episode 5 that aired Thurs night, isn't there a shot of JP say something like 'I'll make you a deal' immediately after the Chewies are looking around for the boat? Maybe that has to do with the member switch, but could he instead be talking about trading them a new boat for something else, like their cooking utensils (what else do they have of value?). And would the fact that they don't have a boat make any of them want to switch tribes, since they won't be able to get water without the boat (Clay saying 'I don't know what we are going to do now' could be in reference to how they'll get water without the boat).

Is there anyone who can clear this up? I don't have the show taped to review what exactly was said.
thanks--

10-13-02, 02:52 AM (EST)
68. "RE: Hair analysis"
>>Maybe that has to do with the member switch, but could he
>>instead be talking about trading them a new boat for something
>>else, like their cooking utensils

apparently on the web promo jiffy actually says "does anyone want to switch tribes" plus the individual decision kind of precludes anything having to do with the tribe as a whole, such as a deal for a new boat

>>And would the fact that they don't have a boat make any of
>>them want to switch tribes, since they won't be able to get
>>water without the boat

quite possibly, yes

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-02, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: Hair analysis"
He, that hairstyle is called "french braids" it is a common style used by cheerleaders in competition or when doing "mounts" because it completely keeps the hair out of one's face and off your shoulders where the "mounter" stands on the "base" in a pyramid. French braiding is rather easy to do on someone else and can be done on yourself with a little practice. Medium length, straight hair is the best for this.

I firmly beluieve that there is some secret or hidden alliance with Penny and Steph and here is why.

1. The opening sequence features both Steph and Penny with different "mirror image" backgrounds whereas the others have fire or water.

2. In Ep. 4 when Steph threw the quid in Shii's face Penny snickered.

3. Steph and Penny on not on Ghandia's smokers or stars list.

My guess is that Steph switches tribes, her work ethic and strength are valued over at CG who desperately need an "ace in the hole" on the IC's.

I don't think that Helen or Jan are part of the Boran Boys Club II, they both seem too uninformed and out of the loop. I think it was nothing more than a poor choice on Jan's part that she voted with Ghandia. Helen stated that she was going to vote with Ghandia and changed her mind at the last minute. I do not call that an alliance, I call that self preservation and Jan just didn't catch on soon enough. Jan is one the chopping block purely because of numbers not because of hidden alliances. Helen is in as much of a precarious position as Jan and both will be eliminated of the BBCII prevails.

Penny has been "spoiled" as being evil and two faced. This has to come out into the open sooner or later. We were teased when Penny betrayed Jed/Steph/Robb with the Ep.3 If Penny was part of the fort alliance why was the food alliance so convinced she would vote with them? We are not seeing the whole story here, Penny is playing both sides and this will carry her far into the game. My final 5 choices at this point are Ted, Brian, Clay, Penny and Steph.

Thoughts, rebuttals??????

Snoocharoo

10-14-02, 11:51 AM (EST)
72. "Why switch?"
If you firmly believe this....

>I firmly beluieve that there is
>some secret or hidden alliance
>with Penny and Steph and
>here is why.

...why would you conclude this....

>My guess is that Steph switches
>tribes, >

Wouldn't she be jumping out of one fire and into another?

As, you point out, the fire over at Sook Jai may not be as hot as we've been led to believe...

> Snoocharoo

Krautboy

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-02, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
75. "RE: Why switch?"
Just a "gut" feeling, I'm having a hard time justifying why I think this. Guess it either blind faith, women's intuition or my usual over-speculation.

Someone has got to fulfill the despondent underdog role. All signs point to Steph.

Penny needs to screw over the SJ's and fulfill her destiny as EvilPennyWiseTheClown.

What reason would Steph have to stay on SJ knowing full well that she and Dood are being groomed for the walk of shame. At least if she switches she can in effect save herself by being a strong competitor and contributor for the BBCII. Steph and Dood stick around for a bit, see Snickers Spoiler.

You cannot ignore the fact that Dood/Steph/Jed/Penny had to have discussed some type of voting block or Jed wouldn't have been surprised by the vote she threw at him. We haven't been shown any of the internal wheeling and dealing in SJ but something must have been forged between those 4 for Jed to have such bitterness toward Penny. What do Dood and Steph know about Penny that we don't?????

See Opening Credits. Penny and Steph have similar imagery laden credits wheras the rest have fire (life) and water (getting hosed). Ghandia had nothing (and truly deserving of nothing).

Fire

Shi
Ted
Brian
Clay

Water (hosers)

Jed
Ken
Granny
Helen
Erin
John
Tanya
Jake

Nothing

GDiva

Imagery

Steph
Penny

Snoocharoo <= is biased toward the name STEPHANIE.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

10-16-02, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
80. "RE: Hair analysis"
There was also a very early cap of Stephanie and Penny sitting under a tree, in right profile. This was one of the few initial caps, if not the ONLY cap, of Stephanie interacting with someone else. Either she had the bandage on her right wrist, or you could see the mark where she'd taken it off. I don't think we've seen the bandage yet, have we?

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-02, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samiam Click to send private message to samiam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "RE: Hair analysis"
For S2, didn't we notice the same thing about Lis's and Amber's hair, and speculate this was the beginning of an alliance? That came out to be absolutely nothing other than the results of sheer boredom.

10-14-02, 02:04 PM (EST)
76. "RE: Hair analysis"
We also speculated the Vee and Tammy had some sort of alliance in S4 because of the hair thing. Turns out we were right, but it didn't matter, because Vee ended up dumping the alliance, when they wanted to vote out Sean.

I do think that if Steph and Penny are doing each others hair, Steph is probably not as hated as they want us to think.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-14-02, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
78. "RE: Hair analysis"
I think True is correct that Stephanie is not as hated as we think. I believe that Penny is playing a tough game. I still believe that Shii is the one on the outs with this tribe and she does not know it yet.

10-12-02, 11:35 PM (EST)
63. "RE: Hair analysis"
OMH!!!! IAMHE!!! LOL

I was thinking people were going to call me pyscho or something for even bringing this up.... I was reading the threads in order so I didn't get to this one until 2nd or 3rd I believe.. in another thread I believe it was about epi 5 something or other

I was posting something about Penny being a cheerleader and when cheerleaders are either in game or want to be in a little click they really focus on hair and looking the same... (don't laugh at me I have personal expierence I was a cheerleader grade school through high school about 10years... I said don't laugh at me I know how these things work)

We all know from past survivors that the girls really like to do each others hair... Elisabeth, Alicia, Jerri, Amber, girls from S3... ect ect...

SO this definently could be our tenative alliance..

10-12-02, 11:57 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Hair analysis"
thanks corcam, I'm glad someone else thought so too!

i don't know that it necessarily indicates an alliance (at least not a primary one), but it should at least give us a basis to say Steph is not so isolated as the editing says. she may still be only #5 in SJ, but that's better than being #7

10-14-02, 01:27 AM (EST)
70. "#5 not #7"
I gree that some other members of the tribe will go first...she was a major contributer during the dummy race and got the first, big hug from Ken at the end after they won...

Krautboy

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •