The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Meet Lilith!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-19-08, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Meet Lilith!"
The Wiz family has adopted a new kitty!

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10547725

I tried calling her Audrey, but it didn't feel right, so we've decided to keep the name she came with. She hasn't come out from under my daughter's bed yet, so she hasn't met our other cat and dog. I'm glad I have this week off, to supervise!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Meet Lilith! PepeLePew13 04-19-08 1
   RE: Meet Lilith! Estee 04-20-08 15
 RE: Meet Lilith! jbug 04-19-08 2
 RE: Meet Lilith! Silvergirl1 04-19-08 3
 RE: Meet Lilith! dragonflies 04-19-08 4
 RE: Meet Lilith! aquariaqueen 04-19-08 5
   RE: Meet Lilith! J Slice 04-19-08 7
   RE: Meet Lilith! Dizwiz 04-20-08 14
 RE: Meet Lilith! Prof_ Wagstaff 04-19-08 6
   RE: Meet Lilith! frisky 04-20-08 11
       RE: Meet Lilith! Prof_ Wagstaff 04-20-08 23
   RE: Meet Lilith! Dizwiz 04-20-08 13
   For the doggy lovers Tenorsaxy 04-20-08 18
   RE: Meet Lilith! agman 04-20-08 22
 RE: Meet Lilith! mysticwolf 04-20-08 8
 RE: Meet Lilith! frisky 04-20-08 9
 RE: Meet Lilith! Seana 04-20-08 10
 RE: Meet Lilith! Puffy 04-20-08 12
   RE: Meet Lilith! PepeLePew13 04-20-08 16
       RE: Meet Lilith! Dizwiz 04-20-08 17
 RE: Meet Lilith! foonermints 04-20-08 19
   RE: Meet Lilith! HistoryDetective 04-20-08 25
 RE: Meet Lilith! tallgirl 04-20-08 20
 RE: Meet Lilith! Molaholic 04-20-08 21
 RE: Meet Lilith! Estee 04-20-08 24
   RE: Meet Lilith! Prof_ Wagstaff 04-20-08 26
   RE: Meet Lilith! qwertypie 04-21-08 27
   RE: Meet Lilith! Snidget 04-21-08 32
       RE: Meet Lilith! Estee 04-21-08 33
 RE: Meet Lilith! qwertypie 04-21-08 28
 RE: Meet Lilith! pinksparkleguitar 04-21-08 29
 RE: Meet Lilith! Buggy 04-21-08 30
 RE: Meet Lilith! MKitty 04-21-08 31
 RE: Meet Lilith! Magnolia_Rocker 04-21-08 34
 Update Dizwiz 04-21-08 35
   RE: Update aquariaqueen 04-21-08 36
       RE: Update Dizwiz 04-21-08 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-19-08, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Great looking kitty!

Now you absolutely got to go out and get another kitty and name him 'Frasier'...

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-08, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Absolutely. And make it a Himalayan. No other breed looks as dignified and acts so slapstick. Plus they've got the nose-in-the-air thing down pat.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-08, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
How sweet~

Every day is Spring with Agman

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-08, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Meet Lilith!"

Awwww! She's beautiful. I hope she gets over her shyness soon so she can enjoy her new family and home.

It's hard to imagine how anyone could give up such a cutie.

Tribelicious, 2008

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-08, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Midnight says Hi!

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-08, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
She's gorgeous....I love black cats.

Did the shelter advise keeping her separated from the other pets for 5-7 days, allowing them to smell each other's scent on a towel, feeding both at the same time on each side of the door?
I always thought you had to break kitties in slowly so they get along better in the long run. Just saying that's what I've read especially since I am thinking about adding another feline to the family.

I love the name Lilith, not too sure after 7 years if she would understand a name change. And why do girls always have to change their names...ssn, licenses, credit card hassles. ugh.

Congrats, she's very noble looking.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-08, 11:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Re names :

My qats are somewhere between 8 and 9, and upon my inheriting them last year, I gave them shiny new names.

They definitely know them

As for new kitty...

Sofa king beautiful. That long hair is gorgeous.

All the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies. - Kurt Vonnegut

04-20-08, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Yes, the shelter advised taking it slow, and letting her meet everyone at her own pace. She came out and let my girls hold her twice last night, but she's back under the bed now. I'm hoping to introduce the other cat in the next day or two, and then maybe the dog by next weekend.

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-19-08, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
There are WAY too many...

...kitty lovers on OT!

14 Carrot Sig by Tribephyl
I LOVE my Golden Retriever puppy!

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-08, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Deal with it, Bitch.

04-20-08, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Grrrrr.... What a catty thing to say!

Come over here and let me slobber on you.

Pick of the litter by agman

04-20-08, 07:57 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
I love my dog, too! Actually, it was all we could do to leave the shelter without another dog. There was one in particular...don't know the breed (not sure anyone did) but he was a cute little thing, full of spunk, and was happily fetching a ball over and over. I would have called him Spike. We're a strictly one dog family, though. I know that little guy will find a home fast.

Tenorsaxy 947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-20-08, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tenorsaxy Click to send private message to Tenorsaxy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "For the doggy lovers"
Awww cute puppy.

Have you ever seen this website: www.dailypuppy.com? Click on the photos on the home page and it gives a short bio and lots more pics. Today is a terrier mutt, maybe Jack Russel and Westie? Warning: cuteness overload!

And that is a beautiful cat, Dizwiz.

Spring by Syren. Check out my new blog!

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-08, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Meet Lilith!"

Ahhhhh, what a cute puppy

I love golden retrievers!

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-08, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Poor Lillith/Lucky Lillith.

Poor, because she's been through so much in her life. At least two families before you, amputation of her digits and primary line of defense - then getting abandoned anyway... Damn. Life just hasn't been fair for this beauty up 'til now.

Lucky, because she's found the Wiz family. Yep. She's gonna want to hide for awhile. S'okay. Give her time and space. No wonder she's going to take some time before she trusts you. She's been let down by all the other humans in her life, so far. She has no real reason to trust you, yet. Give her time, give her some distance. When she realizes that you're a constant and that you aren't going to leave her or send her away the love will come. That first time she creeps into your lap will be extra special. When she realizes the lap isn't going to disappear? You may be wishing for some of the initial space.

Glad you kept her name. She's had too many changes to have to deal with that at this point. As time goes on she may well take to a nickname, though. And, it doesn't have to be a derivative of her real name.

Suggestion... Don't plan any trips for awhile. The last thing she needs is a kennel or pet sitter. She needs to know stability and love. Bless you for giving her that. *smooch*

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

Oh. I've done a number of rescues. She may well get to a point where she "tries" your love and patience. If she starts to spray or otherwise eliminate inappropriatly? Remember, that's also her way of making a statement that the area is what she considers to be her home. You may not see it as such, but it's a positive in this situation. She'll stop.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-08, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Awwwwwwww!

She is so cute! *gellus*

Tell her I said hello and *headbutt* and that the Dizzies have Frisky's full stamp of approval!

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.
Desperate Housecats

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-08, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
What a cutie! She looks quite flirty in this picture.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-08, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Lilith looks like she has some tricks up her sleeve. Just wait until Halloween!

What are her favorite shows? What does she drink?

PepeLePew13 26138 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-08, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Meet Lilith!"

>What are her favorite shows? What does she drink?

Well, duh, it's got to be 'Cheers'...

04-20-08, 11:17 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
She really wanted to go where everybody knew her name.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-08, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
The FuzzMachine says Hi!

Who on Urth doesn't take their pets with them to their new house?

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-08, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Who on Urth doesn't take their pets with them to their new house?

Word. It sounds like some folks shouldn't have even bothered adopting animals in the first place.

I'm glad to hear that Lilith is moving on up to a better family.

"Frankly, I don't care what you think." --- PagongRatEater, 20 October 2007

tallgirl 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-20-08, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tallgirl Click to send private message to tallgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Congratulations!!! My first 2 cats were black. I love them. Give her and yourself some time. The first week I had Drew, she spent under furniture coming out only at night when everyone was in bed. Now she's my lap cat.

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

04-20-08, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
What a Beaut! And welcome to the cat adoption family. Just give her a little time to come out. Before long, it'll be like she's been there forever.

BTW Fido was called Joel by the adoption house ... but he's gotten over it.

"I'd say 'hubba hubba' but I've had that operation, ifyouknowwhatimean, so there's nothing I can do about it."

agman did me (then re-did me)!

04-20-08, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
I'd like to make one request for this thread. Can we please not turn it into a discussion over whether black cats are more evolved than white cats or yellow cats? Because my self-control isn't going to last very much longer, and I really don't need the additional provocation...

Must. Not. Kill. Must. Not. Kill. Must. Not. Kill. In. Presence. Of. Witnesses.

04-20-08, 03:23 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Don't black cats have a stronger sex drive?

Back away lady. I have a dog and I'm not afraid to use her.

Pick of the litter by agman

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-08, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Must. Not. Kill. Must. Not. Kill. Must. Not. Kill. In. Presence. Of. Witnesses. I've been realizing lately how hard it is to find good places to hide a body.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-08, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
*snort*

What about the calico cats?

04-21-08, 02:00 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Since all calicoes are female, I think that would automatically move us from racism to sexism.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-08, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
What a heart-breaking story. I hope she can soon sense she is in a good place and truly relax and feel at home.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-21-08, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Aw! Look at her little 'come hither' eyes! She looks too sweet. I'm glad she has a place to call home now.

Thanks, Agman!

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-08, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Concratulations on the new family member, such a sweetie!

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-21-08, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-08 AT 01:45 PM (EST)

Awww..she is absolutely gorgeous! Tyko says "hello".

It's so wonderful to adopt a kitty and give them a new, wonderful home...Tyko was already 4 when we adopted him and he is just a wonderful addition to our family now... I am sure Lilith will come around

"Tyko-ized" by Agman

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-21-08, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Meet Lilith!"
Awwwwww, she's a beauty!!! I really can't understand how a family can abandon their pets to a shelter. I realize sh!t happens sometimes but I couldn't see myself personally doing it. I love my pets. Kudos to you for taking her in and giving her the love she deserves.

My future Rockers! Twins Blog

04-21-08, 07:48 PM (EST)
35. "Update"
She has emerged! Lilith still hasn't left DD's room, but she's out from under the bed and looooves to be scratched. She met the other cat (some hissing, but no violence) but hasn't met the dog yet.

Turns out she's all black, despite the description as black and white on Petfinder. Very pretty. She's also very small.

Will post pics when I figure out how.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-08, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Update"
No white lacey undies???

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

04-21-08, 10:10 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Update"
Not even a thong.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •