The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-16-08, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
If you are a smoker and your company adopted a smoke-free policy like this one, what would you do?

1. Quit smoking.
2. Sneak smokes.
3. Quit.

After much consideration, we are announcing a new Tobacco Free Policy for the XXXX facility. As a health care company, we are committed to the health of our employees and feel this is the next step in our journey to better health.

What is the new policy?

Effective July 1, 2008, The Facility Will Be A Tobacco Free Environment.

There will be no smoking of tobacco products on the grounds of the facility by employees or visitors of . Smoking will not be permitted in personal cars parked on company property. As of July 1, 2008, all areas designated as smoking permissible and / or smoking areas will no longer exist.

For safety concerns and respect to our neighbors, we ask that there be no smoking within 50 feet of the main / highway entrance or the township walking paths.

Smoking will not be permitted in personal cars parked on company property. Additionally, there will be no smoking in any vehicles at any time.

When carpooling with employees on authorized business, there will be no tobacco use in personal vehicles except when all occupants of the vehicle are tobacco users.

Why are we going Tobacco Free?

The decision to become a Tobacco Free facility did not come easy, but we feel it is the right decision for a variety of reasons. We are doing this to protect the health of employees and contain medical spending that affects all of us. It is in line with similar actions taken by other companies, governments, and local municipalities to prohibit smoking in public places and work environments.

Are we the only location that is Tobacco Free?

The , , , and facilities are Tobacco Free facilities. Numerous other Business Units are Tobacco Free facilities. Non-smoking employees who travel to these locations enjoy a Tobacco Free environment. Current tobacco users follow the facility’s policy when visiting a Tobacco Free environment.

Help is available to anyone wanting support to quit smoking.

offers a free Tobacco Cessation Program through Free & Clear. For all employees, spouses, and dependents that would like to quit using tobacco products, the company will continue to offer Free & Clear at no cost. To register with Free & Clear, or for more information, call 1.xxx.xxx.xxxx.

We appreciate the feedback you have provided us during our decision process. We would like to thank the many employees who have sent us messages of support and suggestions for health and wellness.

Shar-licious

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... brvnkrz 04-16-08 1
   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... samboohoo 04-16-08 2
       RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... brvnkrz 04-16-08 9
           RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... samboohoo 04-16-08 11
               RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... brvnkrz 04-16-08 13
                   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... Tahj 04-16-08 15
                       RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... brvnkrz 04-16-08 19
   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... byoffer 04-16-08 6
       RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... brvnkrz 04-16-08 8
           RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... byoffer 04-16-08 14
               RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... brvnkrz 04-16-08 18
                   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... byoffer 04-16-08 21
                       RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... skye 04-16-08 29
                           RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... byoffer 04-16-08 35
                       Non Smoker checking in... northernlights 04-16-08 32
                   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... qwertypie 04-16-08 31
 RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... Estee 04-16-08 3
   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... mrc 04-16-08 5
       RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... Estee 04-16-08 10
           RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... mrc 04-16-08 12
   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... Ahtumbreez 04-16-08 7
   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... jbug 04-16-08 24
 RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... Ahtumbreez 04-16-08 4
 RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... Max Headroom 04-16-08 16
   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... mrc 04-16-08 17
       RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... Max Headroom 04-16-08 20
           RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... mrc 04-16-08 22
 RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... jbug 04-16-08 23
 RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... Blambo 04-16-08 25
 RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... motormouth 04-16-08 26
   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... jbug 04-16-08 28
   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... Colonel Zoidberg 04-17-08 40
 Alternate solution. Estee 04-16-08 27
   RE: Alternate solution. qwertypie 04-16-08 30
 RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... Prof_ Wagstaff 04-16-08 33
 RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... HobbsofMI 04-16-08 34
 RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... RudyRules 04-16-08 36
   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... byoffer 04-16-08 37
   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... jbug 04-16-08 38
       RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... Buggy 04-17-08 42
           RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... jbug 04-17-08 46
   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... mrc 04-17-08 41
       RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... Buggy 04-17-08 43
           RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... mrc 04-17-08 45
 RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... mysticwolf 04-16-08 39
   RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smok... Buggy 04-17-08 44

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
2. sneak smokes, let them fire me and then hire Gloria Allred to represent me.

An Arkie original.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Then you could sit there and smile and let her answer all the questions.

All red is the color for the day.

04-16-08, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
May I have a muffin? *holds out hand*

An Arkie original.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Blueberry or cornbread?

I also made chili - healthier chili with ground turkey and chickpeas

Tribe is pushing up my daisies!

04-16-08, 03:57 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
chickpeas in the chili? This I have not heard. Email the recipe purty please.
I sent GF to the store one time with my grocery list. I had chickpeas written down. She came back and said they didn't have them. We argued back and forth for awhile before I said "every store has garbanzos". "You didn't ask for garbanzos, you asked for chickpeas" is what she said. I don't think they use "chickpeas" here in California so she had no idea they were the same.

An Arkie original.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-16-08, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
You can put quinoa in chili too.

It's a Tribe!
Did you ever find any?

04-16-08, 04:03 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
I haven't been to TJ's or Whole Foods yet. I did look in a couple of other grocery stores but they didn't have it either.

An Arkie original.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Wait a second... I thought you were a non-smoker now??

Your response is supposed to be "it would be great to work in a place that supports us non-smokers."

04-16-08, 03:33 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
True that I am no longer a smoker. I still believe that smokers have rights though. Smoking in one's own car is their business. Fine that they can't smoke in or around the building. Fine that they can't smoke in their car when coworkers are with them. But sitting alone in their car? Sorry, they still have a right to do what they want in their car. It isn't my employer's job to police my smoking habits. *jumps off soapbox and smooches Byoffer*

An Arkie original.

04-16-08, 03:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
I agree with your comments on people's rights, except that I have been on too many elevators with people returning from their smoke breaks and figure I have rights too.

I mean, if I am going to suppress my poots in the elevator*, then they should have to keep their smells to themselves.

*usually. I usually suppress them.

04-16-08, 04:02 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Ok, but if that is the case then the company must also ban all products that contain scents. Shampoo, conditioner, cologne, perfume, body lotion, body spray, gum, mints, dryer sheets, laundry detergent with scents. All of those have the potential to bother somebody

I never supress. I just let em rip.

04-16-08, 04:18 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
I don't care much for perfume in the office, so will agree with that.

I used to work with a woman who was allergic to EVERYTHING. Perfume would literally send her to hospital. It was common knowledge in the office to avoid use of those products, but there was one woman who just wouldn't comply.

To me, fish in the microwave is the worst. Some people complain about popcorn in the microwave too.

Gah, this is hard.

I just added "chili dinner with Bravie" to my bucket list. Maybe we can do that next time you and Breezy AND I carpool up to see Lightsie.

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-16-08, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
I just added "chili dinner
>with Bravie" to my bucket
>list. Maybe we can
>do that next time you
>and Breezy AND I carpool
>up to see Lightsie.

Wait a freaking minute!!!

You carpooled to see Lightsie and didn't come see me?

So. Not. Cool.

(pouts)

"For a religion so opposed to Paganism you sure stole a lot of our stuff."

04-16-08, 09:04 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
No I didn't. I have never met Bravie nor Breezy. Those are two more items on my buckey list.

Have you met Lightsie?

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "Non Smoker checking in..."
*grins* Sure feels good to be able to say I'm a non-smoker!

I'll agree on the fish in the microwave. *gag* Only thing worse is burnt popcorn. When my best friend at work makes popcorn for lunch it is burnt.every.time! The smell is horrible! Now I volunteer to cook it for her.

Just tell me when and I'll have the chili ready.

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
ban all products that contain scents. Shampoo, conditioner, cologne, perfume, body lotion, body spray, gum, mints, dryer sheets, laundry detergent with scents

And what a wonderful life that would be

I use scent free everything for me (even bring my own soap), but unless I am wearing it, other people using scented laundry detergents doesn't bother me.

My main issues are with the cologne, perfume, body spray. I should be able to smell what scent someone is wearing when I am close enough to whisper in his/her ear. I shouldn't be able to taste it in the air when s/he is still around the corner because they put so much friggin stuff on.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Smoking will not be permitted in personal cars parked on company property. Additionally, there will be no smoking in any vehicles at any time.

I have a problem with this part. I'm guessing the intent (beyond the utter barring of any and all smoking) is to keep people from coming back in stinking of smoke -- but it's your car. If the company wants to own the space inside it, the company can make the payments.

And are you allowed to smoke in your car during your solo commute? Would people get to stop you if you came in smelling of smoke in the morning and someone complained?

04-16-08, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
I imagine they would have you walk through the Sniffer (akin to a metal detector). If the Sniffer smelled smoke, then you would be toast.

A totally ag-cepptable siggie
My, I am clever with words.

04-16-08, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
My, I am clever with words.

It's the Jen sigpic. It automatically adds five IQ points. To a maximum total of IQ 5.

04-16-08, 03:40 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
I could double those 5 at a Connect Four tourney. G.u.a.r.a.n.t.e.e.d.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
My previous company explained that as they were trying to uphold a picture of promoting health. Let me say here, they paid for gym memberships also (that's one of the reasons I was 50 lbs lighter before leaving). Of course there was that "it's our property, we can set whatever rules we want to".

The "Additionally" part is pretty vague. I'd want clarification.

Agman took me to the islands

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
When some people come into our office, the smell of the cig smoke almost knocks me out of my chair. If it's a customer, I figure, oh well, but if it's a salesman? It puts me off big time.
But then again, there is this one customer who comes in and I have to stay as far away as I can because he reeks of booze. I don't know if he drinks all day or if he just drinks so much at night that he is saturated.

We also have an employee who parks next to me, and when he opens the car door and I am nearby, I have to hold my breath. The car stinks of cig smoke!

Warming up for Spring with Agman

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
The hospital owned clinic I used to work at did that back in 2003. The smoker's took their two 15 minute breaks and went across the street to the Greasy Spoon to smoke.

If they "needed" to, I told them they could break their 2 breaks into 4 breaks.

One girl was caught by the CEO of the hospital smoking in her car before coming in for work. She got written up, I got a verbal warning.

Agman took me to the islands

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
My worksite is smoke-free. That means smokers have to leave the site, which is a complex of several buildings surrounded by a security fence, to get a nicotine fix. By the time they walk from their desks out to their cars, get in and drive offsite, it's not an insignificant amount of time. And a heavy smoker might repeat this exercise several times a day.

There seem to always be cars with company stickers on them (and smoking employees inside) in the parking lots just south of the site. Wonder what that does for productivity?

04-16-08, 04:02 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
One would think that the decreased productivity would lead to firings.

I'm a mAGMANimous ruler

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Or warnings and fewer smoke breaks.

04-16-08, 04:23 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Or floggings.

What is Phil's golf equipment?

04-16-08, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Before going on to read other comments, I'll say that this fits almost to a tee the policies adopted by the hospital facilities in Memphis.
And with all the doctors and nurses, etc. who smoke, this had to cause some withdrawals!

Blambo 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-16-08, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blambo Click to send private message to Blambo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Maybe you could walk off the property, but just be careful taking the elevator on the way back in. 41 hours trapped without one's smokes would be worse, me thinks!
http://www.newyorker.com/online/video/2008/04/21/080421_elevators

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-16-08, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
I don't know what I would do. Didn't Tyra Banks ban smoking on this last season of ANTM?

My (new) boss smokes a pipe and at least two of the other office women are smokers, and they take a LOT of breaks to do it. I am hoping that while they are outside smoking, I'll be able to sneak online. Not fair for me to not get as many breaks because I'm a non-smoker, right?

Flashy sig by RollDdice

04-16-08, 07:24 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
I like the way you think!

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-17-08, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Didn't Tyra Banks ban smoking on this last season of ANTM?

That sounds like her...I know she's a rabid anti-smoking person.

Of course, I don't know how unusual that is...TAR explicitly bans smoking at all times, and Survivor castaways almost never have the opportunity during the game.

GO RED WINGS! GO WILD!

04-16-08, 05:37 PM (EST)
27. "Alternate solution."
How much would it cost to encase everyone's cubicle in a hamster bubble?

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Alternate solution."
And do I get to choose who gets the air holes?

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-16-08, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
I started smoking when I was 13. I began quiting when I was 21. I quit when I was 42.

I have many opinions about smoking.
I have many opinions about THIS company's smoking policy, but I will state only one, the one that I think is most important to this company.

The moment they instituted this policy was the moment that their health insurance premiums went down.

Smokers! Don't like the new policy? Quit.
I'll bet they saved a bundle.

14 Carrot Sig by Tribephyl

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
A Michigan Company took it a step further and said you had to quit or be fired. They gave you all the support to quit over the next 9 months and if you did not, even on your own time and in your own home, no more job. Several did quit, several could not. The ones who could not left but three stayed, got fired and filed suit. I believe they lost but are appealing. So what out fat people, you are next.

GO WINGS!
sig by Pepe, bouncy by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-08 AT 09:31 PM (EST)

This is very similar to what the health care system I work for did not long ago... after I quit BTW.

The main difference is in our system you can smoke in your car if you take an unpaid break (have to punch out) AND keep the windows rolled UP in the car so the smoke can't get out.
BUT, if you come back in smelling like smoke, they can make you go home and change and you can get written up.

To me... the whole thing is extremely heavy handed. The pendulum has gone WAY too far in favor of the anti-smoking Nazis.

In fact, smoking has a very positive health value for smokers with ulcerative colitis and is linked to lower rates of Parkinson's and other diseases. This is not to say that it is GOOD for you, but that it, like other habits, has positive and negative effects and that a tiny bit of second hand smoke wafting through a parking lot is NOT going to kill anyone.

It's all nonsense... almost enough for me to want to start smoking again to spite them!

Efited fer spelin'

A TP production!
"Them people had to be pretty dumb to make their camp in a riverbed." - Rudy Boesch

04-16-08, 09:32 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Rudy - don't do it!

There's no way you are keeping up to your dog if you are hacking and wheezing.

04-16-08, 10:30 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
linked to lower rates of Parkinson's

are you serious? DH smoked from about age 15 till he was about 58. After he quit, he developed what the doctors call a "benign tremor" but treat the same as Parkinsons. They say it is not Parkinsons (and since he's had it for 5 years now and it is still just the tremor) but nothing can be done to stop the shaking. It started in his left hand but is now beginning in the right.

If I thought his quitting smoking caused this or not caused it but continued smoking could have prevented it?????? Oh carp!

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-08, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Don't listen to that cr*p , JBug.
Smoking is bad and probably didn't cause your husband any ill effects. He has gained years of life and better health for quitting.
A benign tumor that causes some shaking is better than a malignant tumor killing you.

Besides I don't believe there are ANY health benefits to smoking, I think it's all a big load of BS.

( and I do smoke, though I am not proud of it, or trying to justify that it's somehow good for me)

04-17-08, 01:27 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Thanks for reminding me Buggy. I know quitting for good for him, but it does seem that he had a few health problems that started sliding after he quit. Course turning 60 - age you know - I guess we have to expect a few problems.

I just feel so sorry for him with the tremor thing - it's so hard to watch him have to "live" with it IYKWIM.

One of Shar's unique creations

04-17-08, 10:43 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
I have to say, I've never heard that smoking could be good for you.

04-17-08, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
Because it's not.

04-17-08, 01:24 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
That explains it.

Tribefied

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-08, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
I'm not sure what I'd do, but I have an issue with anyone telling me what I can do inside my own personal space when I'm alone or with other consenting adults, aka my car, my home.

Two realities from my experience:

1) I started smoking when I was well into my 20's. We won't go into why. I went through hypnosis a number of years ago to quit. It worked. Very well. I quit for almost 2 years. During those 2 years I developed strep throat every freaking 3 months. I hadn't had strep since I was a kid. After my tonsils abcessed the last time, I'd had enough. I forced myself to start smoking again. Forced, as in I'd go to the store to buy stuff, including cigarettes - forget to buy them, and have to go back. Since I started smoking again I haven't had strep throat even once. I rarely even get a cold. Would I quit again? You bet. If I could do so without being constantly sick. I might even try in hopes that that whole thing was an abberation if I still had insurance to deal with the illness in case it wasn't. (BTW,of I can swim the length & almost all the way back, underwater, in an Olympic sized pool.)

2) My stepmother started smoking when she was 8-10. She went through acupuncture to quit when she was in her early 80's. It worked. Very well. Her lungs couldn't deal with the sudden cessation and the expulsion of 70+ years of tar. She went from being a perfectly "healthy" smoker to COPD to dead in less than a year. (BTW, She was trim, fit, and capable of walking without aid all day long if she so chose. Until she quit.)

And, while I do smoke, my sister and a previous co-worker - both rabid anti-smokers - both expressed their surprise at the fact that I don't, according to them, at least, stink of smoke. Probably because I only smoke outside, with the windows down in the car, or in well-aired areas. I'm sure there are times you could pick it up if you were looking for it. I'm also quite sure that those times would increase if I had to smoke in a small enclosed space with all of the windows closed.

Frankly, I'm more annoyed by folks that bathe in cologne or other stuff designed to make them smell "good". If I can smell you without hugging you it's a problem. And, I'm not allergic.

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

04-17-08, 01:24 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Attention Smokers (and Non-Smokers)"
I know you believe this, and if you want to smoke, great, it's legal, but it's not keeping you from getting sick.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •