The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TJ's warm stone massage"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over Individual Houseguest Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

starcircle 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-16-05, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail starcircle Click to send private message to starcircle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TJ's warm stone massage"
O.k. I understand the massage was a nice thing Rhonda arranged for TJ today....but the way I took it, she was trying to suggest this as an alternative for smoking or her compulsive behavior. I just find it kind of unrealistic that every time she gets anxious or wants to smoke, she should run off to the spa...that may get a little spendy.....Perhaps Allison could charge it for her.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TJ's warm stone massage bagladyoo 12-16-05 1
 RE: TJ's warm stone massage angelleyes 12-16-05 2
   RE: TJ's warm stone massage Boots12565 12-16-05 3
 RE: TJ's warm stone massage celisabeth 12-17-05 4
   RE: TJ's warm stone massage Bluewood 12-17-05 5
   RE: TJ's warm stone massage jeana28 12-17-05 9
       RE: TJ's warm stone massage sweetreet 12-19-05 13
   RE: TJ's warm stone massage beckettrep 12-17-05 10
       RE: TJ's warm stone massage SOfan0221 12-19-05 15
 RE: TJ's warm stone massage Mystique 12-17-05 6
 RE: TJ's warm stone massage Catlynn1864 12-17-05 7
   RE: TJ's warm stone massage angelleyes 12-17-05 8
       RE: TJ's warm stone massage Plainpeeps 12-17-05 11
           RE: TJ's warm stone massage Twinkles 12-19-05 12
 RE: TJ's warm stone massage eire_heart74 12-19-05 14
   RE: TJ's warm stone massage Juliejo 12-19-05 16
       RE: TJ's warm stone massage mollymc 12-19-05 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bagladyoo 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bagladyoo Click to send private message to bagladyoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
My thoughts exactly. Wish I could afford a massage every time I was anxious.

angelleyes 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-16-05, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angelleyes Click to send private message to angelleyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
I dunno...maybe next time she has the urge to smoke...instead of sucking on a cigarette she can suck on warm stone instead. ?? ??

Hey, TJ, why you got a stone in your mouth?

Boots12565 195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-16-05, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boots12565 Click to send private message to Boots12565 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
In my opinion T.J. looks "STONED" most of the time anyway!Peace!

celisabeth 245 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail celisabeth Click to send private message to celisabeth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
Yes, that was absurd, for the reasons you've stated. TJ could afford to learn some relaxation techniques, but it'd be much more valuable if she could learn some techniques that she can practice on her own, without driving down to Santa Monica Blvd. and paying a masseuse.

And I'll throw this in: I found it funny that from what we saw, TJ seems to have chattered all through her massage.

Bluewood 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-17-05, 03:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bluewood Click to send private message to Bluewood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
Don't you imagine over the last two months TJ has been conditioned to expect that anything she is involved in will result in her humiliation? She was probably expecting Rhonda or the other HG's to come out from behind a curtain and point out her short comings or at least how she is not properly accepting the massage. How she hasn't found her self "bellied up to the bar" next to Allison is a wonder. Rhonda asks for their definition of anxiety? TJ should have said, "run the footage of any assignment you have given me. Now Rhonda shake off that smug look and light me up a smoke".

jeana28 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-17-05, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jeana28 Click to send private message to jeana28 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
How about Yoga or pilates? i think you have to be QUIET when your doing yoga..

She never stopped talking.. i expected that lady to tell her the point of relaxation is stop talking!

Hey i like T.J. I see alot of her in me. i get anxious very easy if i have to do something im not comfortable with. ( like run a register.. i get queasy right now just thinking about it) even though i dont smoke, i find other ways. i go into the ladies room and chew gum and just close my eyes.. take deep breaths and take in the quiet.. okay the restroom is a bad idea.. but its private, i know my (male) manager wont come in to look for me there...i can recollect my thoughts and go back out..when i get anxious, i can feel my body shaking or tensing up. so that massage looked pretty good... i wouldve took a deep a breath, and let her do her job. i am also in the process of getting tested for ADD. i believe i have it.. i have the signs.. i just never thought about it.. but some people have pointed it out.. its not by power of suggestion either. im very disorganized in many things,im distracted, i get bored very easily... so i believe unless you have walked in TJS shoes.... TJ seems like a pretty decent person. she is truly trying to change.. you may not see it.. but i have. She seems like if your sitting down and talking to her, shes trying hard to listen. so she made a few comments in the beginning that were uncalled for.. who hasnt? shes only human...
Just stickin up for T.J..

sweetreet 11 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-05, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sweetreet Click to send private message to sweetreet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
>How about Yoga or pilates? i
>think you have to be
>QUIET when your doing yoga..
>
>
>She never stopped talking.. i expected
>that lady to tell her
>the point of relaxation is
>stop talking!
>
>Hey i like T.J. I see
>alot of her in me.
>i get anxious very easy
>if i have to do
>something im not comfortable with.
>( like run a register..
>i get queasy right now
>just thinking about it) even
>though i dont smoke, i
>find other ways. i go
>into the ladies room and
>chew gum and just close
>my eyes.. take deep breaths
>and take in the quiet..
>okay the restroom is a
>bad idea.. but its private,
>i know my (male) manager
>wont come in to look
>for me there...i can recollect
>my thoughts and go back
>out..when i get anxious, i
>can feel my body shaking
>or tensing up. so that
>massage looked pretty good... i
>wouldve took a deep a
>breath, and let her do
>her job. i am also
>in the process of getting
>tested for ADD. i believe
>i have it.. i have
>the signs.. i just never
>thought about it.. but some
>people have pointed it out..
>its not by power of
>suggestion either. im very disorganized
>in many things,im distracted, i
>get bored very easily... so
>i believe unless you have
>walked in TJS shoes.... TJ
>seems like a pretty decent
>person. she is truly trying
>to change.. you may not
>see it.. but i have.
>She seems like if your
>sitting down and talking to
>her, shes trying hard to
>listen. so she made a
>few comments in the beginning
>that were uncalled for.. who
>hasnt? shes only human...
>Just stickin up for T.J..
I like TJ too. I do feel that she is sincere, but the smoking is a detriment in her understanding. I know it was for me, its an escape and stops you from seeing what you need to see in the moment.

I have stopped smoking and most of my anxieties have gone away, thanks to an observation exercise that I learned you can find out more about it http://www.fhu.com It may change your life. It has mine and many of my loved ones.

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-17-05, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
>Yes, that was absurd, for the
>reasons you've stated. TJ
>could afford to learn some
>relaxation techniques, but it'd be
>much more valuable if she
>could learn some techniques that
>she can practice on her
>own, without driving down to
>Santa Monica Blvd. and paying
>a masseuse.
>
>And I'll throw this in:
>I found it funny that
>from what we saw, TJ
>seems to have chattered all
>through her massage.

Well they only showed us a portion of the time she spent getting the massage so naturally they would show a part where she is speaking - I doubt they would show us TJ just laying quietly - dead air - nope - aint gonna happen. I believe TJ probably did not talk through the whole massage but rather laid back and enjoyed it - and it's ABOUT TIME Rhonda did something NICE where TJ is concerned. I couldn't help but catch what TJ said when getting in the car though - she definitely has been conditioned (already) to believe she will do SOMETHING wrong if she's just given enough time. Shame on the whole House for making her feel like that - I admire TJ's perseverance - I know I would have blasted them all long ago and then gotten the hell out of there pronto - she's trying and that's all anyone can do - whether she eventually 'gets it' or not - well I would hold the LC responsible because if they're not helping TJ gain the benefits these assignment are supposed to impart then I think the LC's are the ones missing the boat, not TJ.

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-19-05, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
I thought it was great that TJ finally got something that wasn't viewed as a punishment. This year Rhonda is off the scale on rewarding in a commonsense way (example: chocolate fondue party knowing Jill couldn't participate).

While TJ may not be able to afford the warm stone massage on a regular basis, it is most definatley something she will never forget. I had just a regular body massage and I was asleep in 3 minutes it was so relaxing.

The point I saw in this was the massage therapist told TJ it was great that she had taken such good care of her body. My thought was either the massage therapist smokes or could not smell the linger smoke on TJ. While TJ does have a nice taunt body, her insides are all messed up from smoking. Hopefully before she starts having babies she will give that nasty habit up.

Mystique 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-17-05, 03:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mystique Click to send private message to Mystique Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
Hmm I don't know guys I see your points somewhat but I know that I liked the idea and found a lava stone massage kit on the internet for $29 which she could use with her husband as one way to relax. And going on that you can add in, warm bath maybe candlelit.. maybe they have a hottub or means to get one if that will help her stay relaxed. It opens her up to alternative ways to calm herself. Will these things help her smoke less lol no probably not but if she chooses to stop smoking there are ways to keep your mind and body relaxed other than allowing the anxiety to take control until you lose it. Just a different perspective.

Catlynn1864 227 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Catlynn1864 Click to send private message to Catlynn1864 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
I don't think the massage was supposed to take the place of smoking or other immediate stress relievers.

Rhonda knew that TJ was stressing about a new housemate and her upcoming assignment with the 'babies'. The massage was a way to calm down BEFORE getting into an even more stressful situation. Sort of a recalibration. It showed TJ that taking a 'time out' to settle down can help with keeping focus later.

angelleyes 219 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail angelleyes Click to send private message to angelleyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
Hmmm..that makes a little more sense. People can't live at the spa, at least most of....maybe AlliFraud could since she has become a professional houseguest.

I think visualization too might be helpful for this sort of anxiety problem also. Professional athletes use it alot to improve their performances during competitions.

Plainpeeps 18 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-05, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Plainpeeps Click to send private message to Plainpeeps Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
Poor TJ! I would have also enjoyed the Hot Stone Massage, but then come home to 3 crying babies that you don't know how to comfort, SUCK. For goodness sakes why didn't TJ just interact with ONE REAL baby. Have the mother stay right there so she knows her baby is ok, have TJ asks questions about what pregnancy is like, labor, birth, breastfeeding, etc, all these aspects of motherhood. A 6 week old infant is much different then a plastic doll that runs on batteries. ARHG I'm getting off track here. The Massage looked like it felt wonderful, I wonder what kind of stones the LMP (Licenses Massage Practitioner) was using. As an LMP myself, I've often found that people talk more when they are face-down. They are able to talk without having to actually look at anyone. Mostly I would just let people vent and get out whatever they had to say, and by the time they turn over and lay on their back, the rest of the massage would be quiet while they relaxed. Just had to throw in my 2 cents!

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-19-05, 05:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
I wondered "what was the point?" too. But some people do schedule regular spa treatments. And I used to go to a massage therapist regularly. I didn't even think of it during the show. I had a muscle spasm in my back that just wouldn't die. I was in pain and desperately threw money at that knot. I don't have that kind of money any more, but when you can scrape it up and have a need, hey!

For TJ I thought it was supposed to be some weird combo of treating her to a nice surprise. Weird, because during the drive she didn't know what was happening and that would provoke anxiety. And then she had another surprise afterward that was only stressful.

I'm thinking Rhonda just likes messing with TJ's head.

If the point of the hot stone massage was to give her ideas for the future then she can get a lower budget version with her husband at home.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-19-05, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
Well considering how much it costs to smoke, she could save up for a massage quite easily! As someone who stopped smoking, I was amazed on how I had all this extra money in my wallet!

Hey TJ for once was treated well and not tarred and feathered like she usually is. This, like alot of things, is just an example. It is not the end all and be all of how to relax.

I hope they bring out her hubby. WOuldn't you love to see this guy?

Juliejo 477 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-19-05, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Juliejo Click to send private message to Juliejo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"
I got the warm masage but what I didnt get was the need for the three dolls who wouldnt stop crying. Was there a lesson there that I missed? How are either one of those helping TJ reach her goals?
People do not stop using tabacco until they are ready and they want too and then it might take three or four tries before they stop completely. I know I stopped smoking 10 years ago and it wasnt easy. But it was because I wanted too, not because of anything anyone said to me.

mollymc 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-19-05, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mollymc Click to send private message to mollymc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: TJ's warm stone massage"

i think she may have needed a reference point on "relaxing".

how can they tell her to try and relax if she never really felt that way? how can they tell her to try and return to that place if she has never really been able to name that feeling and recognize it?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •