The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did these people cast any strategists at all?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-29-05, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did these people cast any strategists at all?"
First you have Tom who decides to make sure that everyone knows he is the biggest threat with his dum a55ed speech. This dude also proceeds to tell Caryn that where she is on the chopping block (lucky for him Caryn was dumb enough not to try to capitalize on this)

Then you have Katie who tries to go from a tight final three alliance to a shaky four person alliance and to compound this she tries to do this with one of the people (Caryn) nowhere in sight. She also tries to to get Ian to take out Tom which is extremely stupid considering that they are supposed to be in the f3 together and pretty much confirmed that she just lied to Ian.

We have Caryn being told that she would be number six and not do anything about it, despite the fact that there are seven people on the island. She also needlessly puts herself on the chopping block this week by revealing to Tom a plan that would have been beneficial to her.

Greg keeps talking about following the plan failing to realize that he s out numbered 3-2 and that now the best he can possibly hope for is a tie at six.

When James is the best strategist in a seaso. You know there is trouble.

Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did these people cast any strat... Harrison 04-29-05 1
 In the words of Shi-Ann: arturbars 04-29-05 2
   RE: In the words of Shi-Ann: Steph_Fan 04-29-05 3
 A.S.S. Redux FesterFan1 04-29-05 4
   RE: A.S.S. Redux arturbars 04-29-05 5
       RE: A.S.S. Redux toddE 04-29-05 6
           RE: A.S.S. Redux ginger 04-29-05 7
               RE: A.S.S. Redux Harrison 04-29-05 8
   RE: A.S.S. Redux emydi 04-29-05 9
 RE: Did these people cast any strat... MattyMax 04-30-05 10
   RE: Did these people cast any strat... smokedog 04-30-05 11
 RE: Did these people cast any strat... okaychatt 04-30-05 12
   RE: Did these people cast any strat... J Slice 04-30-05 13
   RE: Did these people cast any strat... Oscirus 04-30-05 15
 RE: Did these people cast any strat... Karchita 04-30-05 14
   RE: Did these people cast any strat... Creanie 05-01-05 16
       RE: Did these people cast any strat... Karchita 05-02-05 17
       RE: Did these people cast any strat... arturbars 05-02-05 18
           RE: Did these people cast any strat... Creanie 05-02-05 19
               RE: Did these people cast any strat... arturbars 05-05-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-29-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did these people cast any strategists at all?"
I don't think Tom really revealed anything with his speech.
If others in the tribe hadn't realized by then that he was a threat, then they would be more likely to go back to the rocks under which they'd been living.

What he was trying to do, I think, was damage control. The cat was long out of the bag before he began his defense.

I don't know that it will pay off, but I suppose he had to try something.
Worth noting is the fact that, after giving the speech and losing immunity, Tom received 0 votes at tribal council.

Also, without Tom's willingness to go all out early on, we would not have seen the worst tribal drubbing in Survivor history.
For pure entertainment (which is all that any of us get out of this show anyway), I was glad to see it.

arturbars 605 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-29-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "In the words of Shi-Ann:"
"Stupid players, stupid players, stupid players...."

Oscirus, i agree with you about hese people for the most part. They all seem to be missing some sence of how this game is played. I say for the most part, because i disagree on the Caryn part. I think she did the only smart thing she could have.

When Katie offered her the final 4 alliance, i give Caryn kudos for realizing that there is no way in hell she would make it the final four. Out of other three i think only Steph would have honored that alliance. There is no way Jen would have let Gregg go over Caryn, and I really think that Katie would have much rather have Ian arround too. Kudos to Caryn for realizing that she was just a pawn in the hands of the girls just to get Tom out. I bet you she would have been next to go right after him.

So she did the smart thing by telling everything to Tom, doing him this favor, maybe saving him - in a hope that she will be on his side now instead of Katie. Unfortunatly Tom (just like the rest of them) is not the sharpest tool in the shed, and we'll see if he realises that Katie is out to get him and if Caryn's plan works. From the previews we see that Tom, Ian and Caryn are deffinetly discussing it...

Steph_Fan 473 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-29-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Steph_Fan Click to send private message to Steph_Fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: In the words of Shi-Ann:"
>
>So she did the smart thing
>by telling everything to Tom,
>doing him this favor, maybe
>saving him - in a
>hope that she will be
>on his side now instead
>of Katie.

I don't think Caryn or Tom acted brilliantly in this episode, but it does look to me like Tom would now side with Caryn over Katie. She may have just gotten herself into the position of third in a group of three, rather than sixth in a group of six.

Have you ever known someone for a long time, but forgotten their name? It feels like it is too late to ask. That's how I feel about having lurked here so long, like maybe it was too late. But Steph inspired me!

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-29-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "A.S.S. Redux"
Anyone who has the basic concept of odd and even should know that 7 is when you need to make your move. Just like in A.S.S., when everyone trusted Rob and thought he had their back and failed to boot him when they had their best chance, these mo-rons just handed Tom the F2. And unless he's up against Ian, he should win in a walk. He hasn't pissed folks off like Rob did.

All this noise and worry about Steph being a threat? Are you kidding me? This chick couldn't win a challenge if it was her vs. the Koror rats. She may be competitive, but she's more cursed than Cubs. Gregg and Jenn wasted all that energy trying to vote Steph out, when they should have gotten Tom while they could. Same goes for Caryn. Katie was right, but she was stupid about how she went about trying to coordinate it.

As stupid as that speech Tom gave seemed to us at home, it by God worked, didn't it? His "aww, shucks, I'm just playing hard, don't hold it against me" schtick was priceless. You're right Tom, your strength pretty much entitles you to walk unscathed to the finals. Anyone thinking about voting your challenge-whore butt out is a selfish, heartless bastard. Gimme a freakin' break. And yet, they all fell for it. They all knew that this might have been their one chance to dump him, and they couldn't pull the trigger.

I found myself sounding like Shii Ann watching last night, saying "Stupid people. Stupid, stupid people."

Fester

04-29-05, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arturbars Click to send private message to arturbars Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A.S.S. Redux"

>Anyone thinking about voting your
>challenge-whore butt out is a
>selfish, heartless bastard. Gimme
>a freakin' break.

Not everyone - Just Katie. I don't ahve a problem with Jen or Greg doing it, becasue they were never that tight with Tom and they had a plan all along... But Katie gave her word to Tom and Ian... she is the rat... And a stupid one too - she did not even need to jumb ship... giving the sure F3 for the possible F4... how dumb....

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-29-05, 12:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A.S.S. Redux"
I actually think Caryn was the dumb one, basically having Tom tell her straight out she was number 6.

I thought Katie was smarter. Final 3 with Tom and Ian leaves her a probable third, with no chance really to win the last immunity. Also, unless she makes some sort of plays, how can she even attempt to justify voting for her over Tom or Ian? At least now she MAY get Steph's vote. If they had voted out Tom, she could have had some chance against weakling Caryn, Jenn, etc.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A.S.S. Redux"
Thing is, Katie's still here. She contributes nothing, she's not really very likeable, she's won no challenges, and yet she's STILL HERE. So she has some kind of survival, I dunno, instinct or something.

But damn she's getting fat.

Still here! Drives you crazy, doesn't it?

Harrison 173 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-29-05, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Harrison Click to send private message to Harrison Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A.S.S. Redux"
Sure, when one tribe demolishes another the way Koror did, you're bound to have a few people like Katie around.

She talks big because she's been on the winning side of the equation all along...though she's done little to make that happen.

Hubris by proxy.

The real problem is, people like Katie will comprise the jury now, where they would otherwise have been made fish-bait long ago.

Ironically, she's been spending time dissing the man (Tom) who helped make it possible for her to be where she is.

But that's often the case in real life too, I suppose.

She's just a bench-warmer with a big mouth.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A.S.S. Redux"
Hey Fester!!! Long time no see!!

I agree with you 100%-Last nite's episode was the worst Survivor Game playing I have seen, except for Ian who helped to keep his alliance partner there, and I guess by default, Tom, bc that stupid speech worked. I bet last nite's episode made Rob C and Hatch just cringe...Rob C could have played these dufi (pl. of dufus) with one Magic Eight Ball tied behind his back...

And Caryn went to law school, I guess she missed the day they taught analytical skills and how to not blab all your secrets in a case...she just cannot be a litigator. She has to realize that she is the next to go--heck, Tom said we have a strong F5 now with you we can make it a strong F6 and she bought it. She did absolutely nothing about it. At least with the women, she would have had a better chance winning II.

Steph should have went to Caryn by herself and made a F2 pact with her, but no, Steph let Katie, Caryn's nemesis go talk to her?!? Steph should have done more to save herself...go to Gregg and Jenn and Caryn with a F4 pact and Caryn a F2 and STICK TO IT....

And Gregg well, he's just plain stupid...why the heck didn't he just bite the bullet and use Steph to boot Tom (with Caryn and Jenn) So instead of using Coby and Janu....use Steph and Caryn...you're still going after the same 3 people..if Gregg has a f2 alliance with Jenn who cares who else he brings. He gets my biggest baffoon of the season award for his "stellar" play last nite....

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-05, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Did these people cast any strategists at all?"
Strategies by player:

Tom: Just because I'm strong doesn't mean you can vote me off. I don't want to hear it. Don't make me stop the car.

Gregg: Lathering up in the 'Survivor Locker Room' Jeez, coach was really all over us today.. but we gotta Stick to THE PLAN, man! Just stick to The Plan. Need a hand there, buddy?

Ian: Hehehe! I'm everybody's friend! And no one's gonna vote me off before Tom!

Caryn: Final 6 is much better than Final 4. It's bigger.

Katie: Caryn Sucks, but I'll break an original 3-person alliance to ally with her. She is the only one I could beat in the finals.

Jenn: What would Vecepia do?

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-30-05, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Did these people cast any strategists at all?"
HILARIOUS! That perfectly sums it up. You just need the pigpen stink cloud around Ian's head and then we have it all!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-30-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Did these people cast any strategists at all?"
I'm not a strong strategist, but even I could see that the best shot any of them had was to GET RID OF TOM WHILE THEY COULD.

Ian - What were you thinking?! Without Tom, you'd have it wrapped up.

D-U-H.

He deserves the win. Everyone else - no way, Jose.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-05, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Did these people cast any strategists at all?"
As I said before...

have any of them EVER watched the show?

EVER?

Not only do NONE of them deserve a million dollars, they should be deducted cash for being stupid.

Oscirus 1596 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-30-05, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Oscirus Click to send private message to Oscirus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Did these people cast any strategists at all?"
With Tom gone Ian becomes the biggest threat and therefore a target. Ian is the only one left who actually benefits from tom being around.

I do think whoever wins this thing has a chance of being the worst winner ever.
Thank you for giving me honor in hat form.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-30-05, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Did these people cast any strategists at all?"
Out of this whole collection of brilliant strategists, the one that really stood out to me was Gregg.

If there is one characteristic that seems to get people further in the game, it is flexiblity. From Rudy in the second episode on, we have seen that again and again. You gotta adapt to changing situations. Gregg has rigidly, stupidly stuck to his "plan", even when he clearly could have used Steph to oust Tom. He blew it and he is toast.

OK, Jenn really stands out too, for sheer blond-bobbing-along cluelessness.

Creanie 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-01-05, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Creanie Click to send private message to Creanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Did these people cast any strategists at all?"
Tell me if I'm off-base here, but I thought Gregg's "plan" in the beginning was for him/Jen to ally with the "loser group" (Coby, Janu, Caryn) and get rid of Tom. Am I not remembering correctly? So what happened to that "plan"? How did Steph all of a sudden become the biggest threat to him?

In my opinion, the girls should've gone along with Steph's proposal. They clearly had the majority and could've picked the men off, assuming super-Tom didn't win every IC. After the men were gone, they could've voted out Steph if she didn't win IC. If there was no opp to do that, they at least could've tried to maneuver into F2 with her.

How do they possibly believe they can last now, without the men picking them off? It just amazes me YEAR AFTER YEAR how these "stupid stupid" women get sucked in by the guys sweet-talking them. Sandra (forget which season) was the only one who didn't fall for it!

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-02-05, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Did these people cast any strategists at all?"
Yes, I thought that was his "plan", too. Steph wasn't part of it, and even though he had lost Coby and Janu, he didn't seem able to adjust the "plan" to sub in Stephanie. Since she wasn't part of it from the beginning, he saw her as a threat and she had to go. And the amazing thing is, I don't see any way of his "plan" working without one more person.

The women this season seem notably lousy at playing the game.

05-02-05, 03:48 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Did these people cast any strategists at all?"

>
>How do they possibly believe they
>can last now, without the
>men picking them off?
>It just amazes me YEAR
>AFTER YEAR how these "stupid
>stupid" women get sucked in
>by the guys sweet-talking them.
> Sandra (forget which season)
>was the only one who
>didn't fall for it!

How can they possible believe they can last? Well, that's very easy. Jen has Gregg. Katie has Ian. The only one they could have voted off was Tom. After that it would have been either Caryn or Steph anyway. I don't think Jen and Katie would keep those two over Ian and Gregg. Kudos to Caryn for realizing that and going to Tom with the info...

Creanie 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-02-05, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Creanie Click to send private message to Creanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Did these people cast any strategists at all?"
>How can they possible believe they
>can last? Well, that's
>very easy. Jen has
>Gregg. Katie has Ian.
> The only one
>they could have voted off
>was Tom. After that
>it would have been either
>Caryn or Steph anyway.
>I don't think Jen and
>Katie would keep those two
>over Ian and Gregg.
>Kudos to Caryn for realizing
>that and going to Tom
>with the info...

First, I think you give Caryn WAY too much credit. She went to Tom because she was sucked in by his telling her he was looking out for her. Even HE wondered why she went to him with the information instead of aligning with the women. Tom had told her she'd be in the "final six"....helloooo, she would've been in the "final four" if she would've went with the women's alliance. My impression of Caryn is that she's just been kind of coasting along, just a follower, not one of the power brokers, and suddenly she was in a position where she had key strategic information that could put her right in the middle of the action! She couldn't WAIT to tell Tom! She even admitted later that she screwed up.

Secondly, you say Jen has Gregg, Katie has Ian. Agreed that Jen may be counting on riding Gregg's coattails, but she did not seem opposed to the women's alliance or anything that would get her closer to the million bucks, as she said. But how does Katie "have Ian"? I never saw any promise by Ian to look out for Katie, other than she was supposedly in the original Final 4 plan. Katie has to realize how close Tom and Ian are.

And lastly, you say they could've voted off Tom but after that, it would've been Caryn or Steph. The whole point was that it was a WOMEN'S alliance and the plan would've been to pick off Tom, then the other two guys.

05-05-05, 05:50 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Did these people cast any strategists at all?"
Creanie, I am sorry, but i don't know what show you are watching. You have to see beyond the top layer. You got to udnerstand the whole picture and where these people stand with each other. Obviously i am speculating here - just like everyone else, but here are my arguements:

First, I do give Caryn a lot of credit - she deserved it. She knew how tight Tom is with Katie. I am 100% sure she told Tom all the info just to open Tom's eyes and take Katies place - we see some of that in the prviews for tonights episode. Caryn hates Katie, and she used this opportunity to get past her. Tom told Caryn about the "final six" thing way before he knew that Katie and the gang are against him. Yes, she could not wait to tell Tom, because in her opinion Tom is her only ticket to the final four.

Second, Jen did not seem opposed to the women alliance becasue she is much smarter than showing other women that she has doubts. What she told other women and what she is thiking and planning are two different things. I would bet all the money i have on her sticking with Gregg over Caryn. So would Katie - her and Ian have a partnership going on - they talked about it in the last episode while discussing voting off Tom. Go back and review last weeks episode to see Katie's and Ian's conversation. Plus according to Steph's interview on Survivor Live - Katie and Ian were closer to each other than Tom, while Tom was closer to her (Steph) from the begining.

Lastly, please don't make me laugh about this whole women alliance - gender allianced would never work in this game - there is too much involved. The whole point of this alliance for Jen and Katie was to get rid of Tom. For Steph it was a meaning to survive - she would have voted out anyone to stay in the game. After Tom was gone, Jen and Katie would have all the power in that alliance, and they would have either talked Steph into voting with them against Caryn, or just bring in Ian and Gregg and get rid of Steph, and then Caryn.

What do you think?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •