The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The despondent underdog"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-02, 07:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The despondent underdog"
Apologies for beginning a new thresd with my first post, but Shakes made a passing reference to this spoiler in the East Coast thread, and I think it bears resurrecting now.

Basically, JP said in an interview that there is one contestant who starts out very cocky but then becomes despondent, and could be someone the audience will root for as an underdog to get back in the game.

Shakes hints this could apply to Ted, in the aftermath of le scandale, and gives plausible reasons. But my doubts about it being Ted are: a) I wouldn't say he's been particularly cocky; b) the underdog is likely *not* part of a core alliance. In the preview -- and Shakes also points this out elsewhere -- it's obvious Ted will remain "in" with his tribe, while Ghandia is being edged out; and c) I can't picture Ted ever seeming like an underdog to the viewers.

After looking at the other contestants, the only other candidate I see is -- gasp -- Dood! Dood's been cockier than everyone else combined. He said he's trying to be friends with everyone, so he probably had no clue that real factions were forming on his tribe. I could see him getting majorly bummed after the TC, when he realizes SJ threw the IC, and he's been out of tune with the majority and is in danger of being voted out.

JP could've thought Dood has a unique, off-the-wall personality that the audience would take to, especially if he makes some adjustments and starts behaving less cluelessly along the way. And there was a report, I believe, that upon his return Dood said the whole experience really changed him, or some such.

I posit this because if Dood is the underdog, I'd say he has to stick around for 3 or 4 more Eps at the very least so the audience can root for him. He could be the first post-merge boot -- he's actually ideal for that slot -- or he might get even further than that (I put limited stock in the smoking "spoiler").

Anyway, we should be on the lookout for the "despondent one", whoever it is, because JP's remark suggests this person manages to hang on in the game longer than might be expected.

Sorry for my lengthiness. You guys rock!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The despondent underdog SurvivinDawg 10-05-02 1
 RE: The despondent underdog true 10-05-02 2
   RE: The despondent underdog ulalame 10-05-02 8
       RE: The despondent underdog true 10-05-02 9
           RE: The despondent underdog ulalame 10-05-02 10
   RE: The despondent underdog VolcanicGlass 10-05-02 11
       RE: The despondent underdog true 10-05-02 12
 RE: The despondent underdog Outfrontgirl 10-05-02 3
   RE: The despondent underdog true 10-05-02 7
 RE: The despondent underdog ejm92 10-05-02 4
   RE: The despondent underdog BMH 10-05-02 5
   RE: The despondent underdog toddE 10-09-02 37
 RE: The despondent underdog PepeLePew13 10-05-02 6
 Will Robb be saved by "The Ocean's ... Krautboy 10-05-02 13
   RE: Will Robb be saved by "The Ocea... Drive My Car 10-05-02 14
 RE: The despondent underdog Outfrontgirl 10-06-02 15
   RE: The despondent underdog dabo 10-06-02 16
   RE: The despondent underdog true 10-06-02 17
       RE: The despondent underdog Outfrontgirl 10-06-02 18
           RE: The despondent underdog munson 10-06-02 19
               RE: The despondent underdog idiotcowboy 10-06-02 20
 Its TED! shakes the clown 10-06-02 21
   RE: Its TED! Outfrontgirl 10-06-02 22
       RE: Its TED! Brownroach 10-07-02 23
   Comparison Q 10-07-02 24
       RE: Comparison true 10-07-02 25
           RE: Comparison Seyz 10-07-02 26
       RE: Comparison BMH 10-07-02 27
           Ah, the mere mortals chime in Outfrontgirl 10-07-02 28
       WORST. FLAME. EVER. shakes the clown 10-07-02 29
           RE: WORST. FLAME. EVER. Q 10-08-02 35
       One not spoken about yet Bebo 10-08-02 32
           RE: One not spoken about yet Brownroach 10-08-02 33
               RE: One not spoken about yet ZJ 10-08-02 36
           RE: One not spoken about yet danderoo 10-09-02 42
   RE: Its TED!... Disagree SurvivinDawg 10-08-02 30
   Brilliant move Shakes! Krautboy 10-08-02 31
   RE: Its TED! PepeLePew13 10-11-02 46
       RE: Its TED! shakes the clown 10-12-02 56
 Spoiler value? big idiot 10-08-02 34
   You're all wrong dabo 10-09-02 38
       Sig Pic Q 10-09-02 39
           RE: Sig Pic dabo 10-09-02 40
               RE: Sig Pic Q 10-09-02 41
       RE: You're all wrong I_AM_HE 10-12-02 58
 RE: The despondent underdog idiotcowboy 10-11-02 43
   RE: The despondent underdog Outfrontgirl 10-11-02 44
       RE: The despondent underdog idiotcowboy 10-11-02 45
           RE: The despondent underdog railfan 10-11-02 47
               Clay MakeItStop 10-11-02 51
           RE: The despondent underdog -- gott... samboohoo 10-11-02 48
       RE: The despondent underdog Brownroach 10-11-02 49
           RE: The despondent underdog jkokoj 10-11-02 50
               RE: The despondent underdog smrtNsassybnkr 10-11-02 52
                   RE: The despondent underdog ZJ 10-12-02 53
 RE: Source Outfrontgirl 10-12-02 54
   RE: Source ShowMeTheWinner 10-12-02 55
       RE: Source Outfrontgirl 10-12-02 57
           RE: Source dabo 10-12-02 59
           RE: Source Brownroach 10-15-02 60
 RE: The despondent underdog ShowMeTheWinner 10-18-02 61
 RE: The despondent underdog is Jan esquire 10-18-02 62
   RE: The despondent underdog is Jan Brownroach 10-18-02 64
   RE: The despondent underdog is Jan survivorpinoy 10-22-02 70
 RE: The despondent underdog Jims02 10-18-02 63
   RE: The despondent underdog Loree 10-18-02 65
       AGREE... MikeD 10-18-02 66
           RE: AGREE...me too, partially toddE 10-21-02 68
 RE: The despondent underdog vulcan 10-21-02 67
 RE: The despondent underdog Krautboy 10-21-02 69
   RE: The despondent underdog VerucaSalt 10-22-02 71
       RE: The despondent underdog Brownroach 10-22-02 73
           Story arc? Bebo 10-22-02 74
               RE: Story arc? SurvivinDawg 10-22-02 75
               RE: Story arc? Brownroach 10-22-02 76
                   RE: Story arc? snoocharoo 10-22-02 77
 CBS preview during NFL Sunday blacknwhitedog 10-22-02 72
 The Clown's Face Should Be Red zzz 10-25-02 78
   RE: The Clown's Face Should Be Red shakes the clown 10-25-02 80
       RE: The Clown's Face Should Be Red Brownroach 10-25-02 81
       RE: The Clown's Face Should Be Red Outfrontgirl 10-25-02 83
 RE: The despondent underdog was Rob... pancho 10-25-02 79
   RE: The despondent underdog was Rob... Q 10-25-02 82

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 00:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The despondent underdog"
Your idea of "Dood" is good and far-reaching.

I thought it *might* be Ghandia, but I don't think she's going to get anyone to want to rally for her. So "Dood" fits in well.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The despondent underdog"
No need to make appologies BR, you have some very interesting points here. Welcome aboard!

>>Basically, JP said in an interview that there is one contestant who starts out very cocky but then becomes despondent, and could be someone the audience will root for as an underdog to get back in the game.

I don't think I've read this particular interview, but I have heard the same thing before, and I've been trying to figure out who he meant.

Like you, I first thought he must mean Robb, since I couldn't think of anyone on the Red tribe to fit this description. Sorry shakes, but TED? Anyway, it finally hit me after watching the new web promo, and talking it over with a friend. *waves*

It's Stephanie.

First of all, no way does Dood redeem himself, because frankly, he is a lost cause. He has no redeeming qualities, and after his performance in episode 3, well, he's done.

The only other person fitting the description is Steph. And it all fits. Steph is looking like the next boot from the Purple tribe. (I'll get the real tribe names eventually) The new promo screams a Steph boot next. Steph is down and out. She's....despondent!

Steph and Jed were clearly alligned. Robb voted with them, but they were the two that were closest. Jed thanks only Steph specifically in his final words, and mentions their bond a few times in his chat. Robb will distance himself from her, in order to save his own skin. Anybody think he'll stand by her now? No way.

Steph is not one of Ghandia's stars. Steph is this seasons Kathy. All the things pointing to a Steph boot are misdirection, hiding the fact that she makes the jury, after that, who knows. (Well, someone knows, they just haven't told us yet )

Good first post, BR!

GBT

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-05-02, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The despondent underdog"
Very thought provoking post. The only hole I see in your theory is that I don't think Stephanie was ever portrayed as particularly "cocky." In E1 I don't recall her being singled out, except for the skinny dipping incident, and in E2 she was shown being stupid, isolationist and sickly. In E3 she was under the radar. While her E2 behavior does fit with the despondent description, I'm not sure I'd call her behavior in E1 cocky (unless there was more to it that we weren't shown).

We did get a lot of cocky, showoffy-ness from Robb, in E1, 2 and 3. In E3 he was portrayed as a little tired from lack of food, but not realy "despondent." Perhaps E4 will clarify things, because if he's gonna get despondent, I think it would be most natural to follow after Jed (one of his alliance-members) being voted off, and he realizes that his days are numbered.

10-05-02, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The despondent underdog"
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-02 AT 04:58 PM (EST)

I see your point ulalame. The word "cocky" kindof throws it off a bit, not only for the reasons you mentioned, but I normally associate the word with a male. Maybe that's where the idea that this quote refers to a man comes from, who knows.

Ep. 1 Steph strips down right off the bat. Cocky behavior? you tell me. Episode 2 she was defiant, and stupid to sleep in the rain. Could that be considered cocky behavior, again, I think so. Her comments and attitudes have seemed pretty arrogant to me so far, maybe I'm just reading it wrong. I still maintain that Steph was much closer to Jed than Robb ever was. I just don't think the hut people clued Robb into their plans. I can't say I blame them there. Robb is such an opinionated loudmouth, if he becomes despondent, I'll be shocked. Maybe Jiffy has a different definition of despondent than I do. Wouldn't be the first time he's exaggerated the facts. I agree that Robb will realize he is on the outside of the power after the Jed boot, but I think he'll handle it by dumping Steph, and kissing up to the others. Pouting does not seem his style to me.

The following MB quote is a direct slam on Robb. Yes, Robb is cocky, but if he redeems himself, I don't think we'd be seeing this quote. I might even think that we haven't seen the last of Robb's confrontational, hostile behavior.

Burnett also emphasizes that getting on Probst’s wrong side is not a good thing. “Jeff is in charge during the game. He’s not somebody you want to screw with, because he has a lot of power in the game. You don’t want to mess with Jeff. He’s totally, down-the-line fair on everything he does.”

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?28075

edited to fix the link.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The despondent underdog"
Good points. I agree that Stephanie has displayed arrogance in the way she has been portrayed so far. I guess it comes down to whether cocky=arrogant, and whether the original quote specifically referenced a male player. Anyone have a link to the original quote?

VolcanicGlass 428 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-05-02, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VolcanicGlass Click to send private message to VolcanicGlass Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The despondent underdog"
>Like you, I first thought he
>must mean Robb, since I
>couldn't think of anyone on
>the Red tribe to fit
>this description. Sorry shakes,
>but TED? Anyway, it
>finally hit me after watching
>the new web promo, and
>talking it over with a
>friend. *waves*
>
>It's Stephanie.

It was a radio interview, a summary of which was posted at Sucks by infinitesurvivor, but without a transcript. What Jeff was reported to have said is that "one man (unnamed) starts off cocky, then becomes despondant, and he'll be an "under dog" to viewers, routing for him to get back in it."

10-05-02, 05:58 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The despondent underdog"
Thanks VG! Do you have a link to the summary? Seeing as it was a summary, probably from someones memory, I'm not putting too much into the exact gender of the person Jiffy was talking about. Also, since the whole quote can't be verified as accurate, there maybe nothing to this at all.

No wonder I couldn't find the article, there NEVER was ONE!

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 03:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The despondent underdog"
I saw the original quote recently and Probst says specifically "a man"--so it can't be Stephanie.

IMHO it's Robb; it seems so obvious to me I'm not even going to list the reasons. If I'm wrong, oh well, not the first time.

10-05-02, 04:23 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The despondent underdog"
Thanks for the info OFG. Like I said, I hadn't read, or seen the actual article, and BR's original post makes no mention of gender. I've looked all over for an article containing this quote, and I can't find it. Do you recall where you saw the specific quote in question? If you do, I'd sure appreciate a link.

I still don't think it could be Robb, although there's no accounting for the taste of the viewers. I don't picture him as at all despondent, and even so, I can't imagine feeling sorry for that creep.

I probably shouldn't give much weight to anything Jiffy says anyway, as I can clearly remember being burned by him with his "Liz kicks butt" quote during S2. I also wouldn't put it past him to change the gender in order to not give too much away.

I mainly based my guess on this weeks web preview, that focuses squarely on Steph and her alienation from her tribe. This screams misdirection to me, but like you, I've been known to be wrong on occasion. I was also trying to figure how Ghandia's stars, namely Robb and Shii Ann, could go before Stephanie, when MB has clearly told us that Stephanie is the next Purple target. Maybe he is just handing it to us, but somehow I doubt it.

Again, if anyone has a link to this JP quote, I'd love to see it.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-05-02, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The despondent underdog"
When I first heard something about a cocky underdog, Clay came to mind...but, other than being small and older than most of his tribemates, Clay really isn't an "Underdog" in the game with his friendship to Ted and Brian. You bring up great points about Robb, he is now beginning to remind me of Clarence from Africa, I couldn't stand him at first, but now the stupidity is starting to seem endearing.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The despondent underdog"
I wouldn't go that far ejm..lol..I think it could very well be robb too..I see him going right before the jury..or the last one voted off before the merge..and that gives hefty evidence that..Stephanie will be the target at SJ before Robb

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-09-02, 01:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: The despondent underdog"

Actually, Clay seems the most likely to me, he said something about being a "diamond in the rough" or whatever when he was the last one picked. It's also widely rumored he lasts a long time.

I haven't seen Robb "despondent" and can't imagine viewers relating to him as an "underdog."

It could also be Stephanie. Jed is the only one who has really seemed "despondent" and he's already gone. What was his deal, anyway?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The despondent underdog"

>JP could've thought Dood has a
>unique, off-the-wall personality that the
>audience would take to, especially
>if he makes some adjustments
>and starts behaving less cluelessly
>along the way. And there was a report, I
>believe, that upon his return
>Dood said the whole experience
>really changed him, or some such.

You actually make a ton of sense here to me. I don't particularly like Duuuuude at all, but he does come across as better-spoken in the confessionals than during his rapping with the tribe (zero "Dude" during confessionals) and he's still quite young. I could see this as being a major life-changing experience that would wake him up and turn him into a more mature person (although I'm not quite ready to hold my breath yet).

Robb did come across as being a little despondent in the last episode and I could see the story developing on this front, so it'll be interesting to see how things go from here on. Robb can easily last a few more episodes as several people have a target firmly painted on their backs right now (i.e. Ghandia and Stephanie).

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-05-02, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Will Robb be saved by "The Ocean's Surprise?""
Welcome Brownroach, Good post!

The idea that Robb is the male contestant JP refered to makes a lot of sense...

Robb has been "cocky", much like Silas in S3.

Robb also made a mistake by aligning with Jed and Stephanie too soon in the game. Now,with Jed getting the boot last week and Stephanie a vulnerable target this week, Robb may have good reason to become despondent.

The EP4 editing seems to focus on the "Gender Bender" of men vs. women at Chuay Gahn. Which probably means Sook Jai goes back to TC. If Stephanie goes, Robb is left without any allies and a big target on his back.

I would guess in EP5 Robb is edited as despondent and vulnerable, only to be rescued by "the Ocean's Surprise": MB's new version of the swicth/swap. Robb, now the underdog, survives and the audience starts to root for him, as MB begins to edit him in a new light...

So, as you can tell Brownroach, I think you're on to something here...

Krautboy

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Will Robb be saved by "The Ocean's Surprise?""
Hey Krautboy, nice to see you!

I agree that Robb may have been the one they were talking about ( cocky fits anyway) but I can't see someone with as big an ego as Robb, being despondant. Confused maybe ( Why do they not agree that I am leader??) I think he could fit the profile, but it isn't a good fit. How many of us think Robb will be redeemed in the eyes of the viewer ( ie:us)? We have changed our minds about Survivor Players before, but is Robb really going to be someone we will rally behind? Are the editors that good? I am just not sure the "despondant one" is good to hang our hats on.

Good discussion though, would be terrific if someone could get the actual link to the Jeffy interview, otherwise the whole subject is hearsay. ( I remember hearing someone on another board say he heard about an interview that said.....) Well, we have chased those clues before, haven't we?

10-06-02, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The despondent underdog"
true and those who rightly would like a source and exact quote--

this was the best I could get for the source of this quote--that it came from an interview with Probst on Chicago radio. I'm not sure what site posted it originally, and I can't find a transcript of the whole interview--maybe someone else can?
But this is supposed to be the verbatim quote:

"One man starts off cocky, then becomes despondent, and he'll be an "under dog" to viewers, rooting for him to get back in it."

I agree with Brownroach, Pepe, and Krautboy about Robb.
I also think that Robb's lack of energy from hunger, which he's obviously never before experienced, is already shown to be weighing him down. Now his newfound alliance is 1/3 axed.

The sisters' quote that Robb came back calmer seems to indicate a mood change, and Probst's quote indicates a mood change--so I take the two to likely be connected. I just think Robb is the number one male candidate for depression at this point, and he is the only male who has had an alliance collapse on him so that he has gone from majority group (at least in his mind) to minority, i.e. Underdog.

Comment on the quote:
Probst doesn't say the guy SUCCEEDS in getting back in the game, just that viewers will be rooting for him. That sort of screams "failure"--as Rob Mariano went from cocky to Underdog to last pre-jury boot.

I know it's REALLY HARD to imagine feeling sympathy for Robb after Episode 3, but if he changes dramatically, it could happen over a story arc of a few episodes. Or Probst could have the delusion that it'll happen for the general Survivor viewer--which really doesn't include us on this board.

"Indecision may or may not be my problem"

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-02, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The despondent underdog"
Well, I for one am all for Robb undergoing a learning/growing experience from his "Survivor" experience, I cannot imagine rooting for him, I cannot imagine Jiffy ever thinking I might root for him, especially not after the choking incident.

Let's keep a couple of things in mind about things that Jeff says, while we're at it. 1) Jeff was out there for the 39 days while all this was happening, his statements are not based on how the episodes are edited together so much as on his perspective of the events as they played out. 2) We have no time frame for what Jeff is refering to, the despondancy may be post-merge.

For all we know he could have been talking about Jake or Brian. (Quick, name all of the players of Survivor who didn't start out cocky.)

ARRRRRRR!!!!

10-06-02, 01:34 AM (EST)
17. "RE: The despondent underdog"
>this was the best I could get for the source of this quote--that it came from an interview with Probst on Chicago radio. I'm not sure what site posted it originally, and I can't find a transcript of the whole interview--maybe someone else can?
But this is supposed to be the verbatim quote:

>"One man starts off cocky, then becomes despondent, and he'll be an "under dog" to viewers, rooting for him to get back in it."

Up above, VolcanicGlass posted the quote, from what was a summary of a JP radio interview. You're calling it a transcript ( supposed to be verbatim quote). To me those are very different things. Still, I've yet to see a link to either a summary (VG's quote) or to your (verbatim) quote above.

Could you please post a link to your quote, so I can see it in the context of the rest of the interview?

As far as Probst possibly being delusional, I think it's quite likely.

10-06-02, 02:09 AM (EST)
18. "RE: The despondent underdog"
true,
I'm not calling anything a transcript; I said I could NOT find a transcript, and wondered if one exists.

Neither have I seen even a summary of the rest of the interview.

I got the quote, standing alone, as part of a private email, so no, I can't post a link.

Please feel free, everyone, to take it with as many grains of salt as you wish, but the person who quoted it is scrupulously accurate, in my experience, so it's good enough for me.

I was just trying to help with what little info I have.
I take everything Jeff says with many grains of salt anyway, but it doesn't hurt to try to pin down what he actually says.

I remember with the "Liz kicks butt" comment--that it mutated on the boards into "Liz kicks butt in the challenges," and a lot of us, including me, figured she must win at least one IC, but she didn't of course. She made it to Final 4 against all odds, so she did indeed kick butt. So the actual JP quote was accurate.

I choose to believe that Robb is being thrown at us as the next boot from SJ, but that he makes it a bit longer than one or two other SJ, but I don't know that. This quote fits for me with what I otherwise feel intuitively, but for others it may not work at all. I'm not out to convince anyone else with this "spoiler"; that's why I didn't post my reasoning in my first post. Then I posted my agreement with some others who made a lot of sense to me.

I think this is a very slippery spoiler though--definitely has potential to lead us in wrong directions until we see whatever Jeff is talking about play out on the show--IF that happens.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-02, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The despondent underdog"
The Chicago radio station was WTMX "The Mix" (101.9 FM). JP was interviewed on the Eric and Kathy morning show. I did not hear the interview but I did hear discussion of it prior to and afterwards. Unfortunately, the interview is not archieved on the station's website.

idiotcowboy 1135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-06-02, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: The despondent underdog"
Thanks munson and OFG for the references. It is unfortunate that there isn't any archive, because if we could get past some of the semantics there might actually be something here. As it is it looks a lot like the telephone game you play in school where you whisper something to the person beside you and it changes as it goes around the room.

I also think it is fair to point out that the "male" gender is often use to reference both male and females. If for instance we change the phrase "one man" to "one guy" (a very simple substitution especially when you have no recording) then that quote looks much more generic to who it is refering to.

Of course, I could also point out since we are dealing with Steph, that JP could have been understanably gender confused... but that would be getting into the basher arena

-ICB

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-06-02, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Its TED!"
...I don't understand all this discussion and why I seem to be the only person who thinks that we're talking about Ted here when IMO its pretty crystal clear that the ONLY person it could be is Ted.

First of all, I DO believe that JP is refering to a man in his quote and not a woman, so that eliminates Steph (technically a woman) and Shitass from all consideration.

As for Robbbb, the guy is a completely seflabsorbed moron...he reminds me of Silas. He's sooooo stupid and lacks all perception that I don't see him ever getting despondent in this game. He's the type of idiot who thinks he is the most populuar, loved and the leader of his tribe even when it is clear to everyone else involved that is not the case. He'll never get despondent because until about 3 seconds after he is voted out of his tribe unaminously (most likely) he'll never even have the slightest idea that things might not be going so well for himself. And then he won't get depressed....he'll just blame it on the rules or those "whiny punk b!tches in my tribe!"

On top of that....does Robb really look like the type who is capable of giving the type of honest confessionals about his "despondency" that will cause the audience to feel sorry for him and turn around and root for him? I don't think so!

Further, the spoiler evidence is pretty clear that Robb is a great candidate for Loser Lodge, and if Robbb is going to Loser Lodge there will be no time to root for him as an underdog cause he'll be long gone by that point.

Now, on to the case for Ted....

Some might say that Ted hasn't been cocky in the game so it can't be him, but the fact is that up until he tried to rape Ghanduh we had no idea what he was feeling or how he was acting in any regard. But, let's look at the facts.....Ted is the biggest strongest person on a tribe that is lacking in physical strength...Ted has been part of the dominating voting alliance since Day #3 of this game. IMO, up until the Ghanduh incident Ted must've felt that he was one of the most popular of his tribemates and DEFINITELY the most valuable. In Ted's mind, there was no way he was getting voted out before the merge. This could've easily led to cockiness in confessionals on Ted's part, and just because we haven't seen it doesn't mean it wasn't there and JP wouldn't comment on it in a PRE-show interview.

But, now all of the sudden Ted is accused of sexual assault, ALL of his tribemates question his value to the tribe and at the next TC Ted is sure to pick up at least one vote and might get as many as three. Now, Ted is no longer day dreaming about his $1,000,000 payout and is instead worried about his tribe not trusting him completely anymore, the girls voting him out, and most importantly, the possibility of being portrayed as a rapist on national TV, not to mention a rapist with a wife and baby daughter. Does that sound like a recipe for despondency to anyone cause it sure does for me!

Further, and this is the point that backs this up the most....ALL of the weight loss spoilers point towards the CG-5 making it very deep into the game, which means there will be PLENTY of time for the type of layered character development that is going to be needed to paint the "cocky to despondent to underdog that we all cheer for" storyline. On the other hand, Robbbbb does NOT have that type of time left in the game, not by a longshot.

In summation, it ain't Robbbb, its Ted, and I think its so obvious that its not even worthy of argument.

10-06-02, 04:02 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Its TED!"
Well argued, shakes,
but I still don't think it's Ted. He might get despondent, but I can't imagine rooting for him as an Underdog if as many of his tribe members stay in the game as weight loss indicates.

Underdog is a term used last season for people in a minority who were struggling to stay in the game. Gina, Rob, Sean, and Vee were called Underdogs.

You say there isn't time for this little story with Robb?
But the story with Gina only ran from Ep 4-6, and from 4-7 with Robfaddah. The arcs were complete and they were still pre-jury boots, so that proves MB has already done this story without going anywhere near end game.

I agree that Robb seems totally clueless at the moment, but we do have the statement from his sister that the game changed his personality. Robb is now in a minority in his tribe, and will be in really bad shape if he gets swapped to CG.

CG is gonna get rid of Ghandia and then Ted will be fine!
Unless Ted gets swapped into a minority at SJ--which sounds unlikely. I guess it could happen and we could root for him to last until the merge.

OK, I'm going to suspend judgment until I see what happens with the swap, IF there's a swap in Ep 5. But RIGHT NOW I can't agree with you that Ted fits the description.

10-07-02, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Its TED!"
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I'd been reading this board all through S2 and S4 (didn't watch S3), and I give much kudos to all the great thinkers and great discussions here!

Shakes, that was a very polite flame -- feel free to step it up. I don't discount that it could be Ted, I just don't think he's the only possibility. Your view of him having to seriously reevaluate his position post-Ghandia is very persuasive. And it's true he could be behaving in a cockier manner than we've seen. But, as you point out, Ted has been in a position of relative power from the get-go. Even if that takes something of a hit, he won't be in an "underdog" position, assuming JP used that word in the usual sense, if his tribe's core group remains intact far into the game (weight loss spoilers). That's the one thing that makes me skeptical.

I'm with OFG -- I don't believe the underdog has to last till late in the game; merely a few episodes after the dejection sets in. With Ted, the story could have a longer arc, but there's enough time right now for it to play out with Robb, and he could still skateboard off to Losers Lodge. To me, Robb does seem like the type of guy that would be crushed to realize he wasn't as tight with his group as he thought.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-07-02, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Comparison"
Shakes,

I agree with some points you make, but I still think Robb could be the one, or even someone not spoken about yet.

My point is this, however:

When you said the following in your posts...

"...I don't understand all this discussion and why I seem to be the only person who thinks that we're talking about Ted here when IMO its pretty crystal clear that the ONLY person it could be is Ted."

and...

"In summation, it ain't Robbbb, its Ted, and I think its so obvious that its not even worthy of argument"

The funny thing about this is you argue that Robbb is self absorbed and cannot see past this to when he is wrong or standing alone.

These two quotes above show you are saying you are right and everyone else is wrong, and not only that but that you cannot even fathom how anyone else could not see things the way you do.

These statements make me think you are acting just as self-absorbed as Robbbb himself. These are very Robbbb like comments. Could this be why you cannot see him for who he is?

Just wondering.

Also the part about wishing they were back in the game is strange to me. Repeat...

Back in the Game.

That means they are out of the game in a big way. Who is totally looking to be voted out? I do not think we know yet, but the next episode will most likely move this issue along.

D.R.

10-07-02, 01:58 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Comparison"
>>These two quotes above show you are saying you are right and everyone else is wrong, and not only that but that you cannot even fathom how anyone else could not see things the way you do.<<

ROTFL! Is this supposed to be news? You have just managed to describe shakes perfectly in one sentance. Trust me, it's a recurring theme.

In fact, I'm willing to bet that shakes would see this quote as a compliment! Nice try though.

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-07-02, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Comparison"
Very VERY recurring theme.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings

10-07-02, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Comparison"
ya that is just Shakes..when I was a newbie last year..I kept saying to myself..who the hel does this guy think he is?...but then I figured out it's just Shakes..and everybody seems to respect his opinions greatly

10-07-02, 03:49 PM (EST)
28. "Ah, the mere mortals chime in"
LMAO BMH
at
>>"just shakes"!

JUST??? As in "mere," "only," "never mind the little man behind the curtain?"
Or by "just" did you mean "fair and equitable ruler"?
Right.

Ummm, clearly you don't get the Shakes' Primacy Indisputable Theory
(aka SPIT).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it until I change it

10-07-02, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "WORST. FLAME. EVER."
really, I'm embarrassed for you.

10-08-02, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: WORST. FLAME. EVER."
Embarassed? I'm not Shakes. For the following reasons.

1) That post was not a flame to you. I was simply pointing out something I found funny about your post in relation to Robbbbbs behavior on a TV show. I don't put people down for their opinions.

2) Why would I be embarrssed over making a statement on a message board. Do you think my life is based on proving something to others? I enjoy being on this site as it is fun and adds to my survivor experience. I would never be upset, embarrassed or sad because of what is said here, either to me or about me.

"It is not those with little who are poor, Just those who want more"

D.R.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-02, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "One not spoken about yet"
Let me start off my saying that I think it's a lot more likely based on the storyline as it has developed so far that it is Ted rather than Robb. As has already been mentioned, Robb choking Clay and flipping off Jiffy Pop doesn't make me feel sympathetic.

or even someone not spoken about yet.

For the sake of throwing out an idea...what if Jeff is talking about a post-merge endgame situation, rather than a story that we follow through the entire time? If so, then I would like to consider the possibility that his quote refers to Jake.

In the first episode, Jake was quite pleased about the tribe that he was able to assemble. In this episode, Shii Ann points out in her confessional that Jake could have stepped in to solve the logic puzzle but didn't. Both of these could be considered cocky. Yeah, Dude's the one who won't shut up, but Jake is right now playing this game like a man who's sure he's going to be around for a long time.

The speculation has been focused on a solid block of Chewies making it far into the game. Yet there's also been a source saying that the final three is 2 Chewies and 1 Suckie. What if that Suckie is Jake? We'd have a chance to see him get despondent as his little group of minions is picked off one by one. As the eldest, and part of the minority, he would be easily cast in the underdog role. And he would definitely be the last male targeted in a pagonging, since Dude and Ken would be bigger IC threats.

So while based on the current storytelling I would believe that Ted is the despondent underdog, I am also keeping the possibility of Jake in my mind.

10-08-02, 12:28 PM (EST)
33. "RE: One not spoken about yet"
The idea of it being a lone SJ who watches his tribe get pagonged occurred to me too. I was thinking Ken instead of Jake, but basically the same thing you describe. We haven't seen Ken doing much of anything, so it's hard to judge his cockiness. I see your points about Jake.

The two parts of the equation seem to fit different people at this point . There's the "going from cocky to despondent" part, and the "underdog that the audience roots for" part. The first part suits Robb the best to me, but I concede it's hard to see him as rooting material right now. The first part also fits Ted better than the second, IMO.

With Jake or Ken, the audience rootability factor is easier to see right now (Jake as a competent father-figure; Ken as, well, an NYC police officer). If we don't see Robb or Ted getting depressed soon, it could turn out to be one of the other SJ males.

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-02, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: One not spoken about yet"
Assume that they merge 5-5. And due to some tiebreaker, CG oust one member of SJ and have a numerical advantage. They whittle down to 5-1 and the remaining sole SJ member is very despondent. However, he/she pulls a Colby/Kelly and wins all the immunity challenges and guarantees himself into the final 2. With the SJ members on the jury rooting for him and other CG members peeved that they had to fight among themselves come the end, the SJ member wins the whole thing...

Another way u can look at it is that this SJ member wins all immunity till the final 2 which is won by a CG member. This CG member decides to bring SJ member into the final 2(like Neleh brought Vee from Maraamu) and thinks that he would have a better chance, but his CG teammates feel betrayed and vote for the SJ member.

danderoo 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-09-02, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail danderoo Click to send private message to danderoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: One not spoken about yet"
>In this episode,
>Shii Ann points out in
>her confessional that Jake could
>have stepped in to solve
>the logic puzzle but didn't.

Has anyone given any thought to this being Shii Ann? Besides Robb, she's the one that I think is the most cocky. She had the whole thing with "messing with the She-Devil and getting the horns," and she was visibly put out by some of her teammates in Ep1 right in front of everyone, then throwing the IC, and stating that she could do a logic puzzle in her sleep. I think she's not only very cocky, but I'm not so sure that she's good at hiding her dislike for others. My only problem with her being the "despondent underdog" (other than the arguments that the comments are indicating that it's a male) is that I have a problem picturing her as despondent. She may be too cocky to be despondent.

10-08-02, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Its TED!... Disagree"
For these reasons I do not believe that it's Ted:

1) He's certainly not being edited as being cocky (IMHO).

2) His personality: this guy doesn't seem to be the type to become despondent. He was in an NFL training camp, a place where despondency is just not permitted.

3) As OFG pointed out, Ted is not an underdog, nor do I expect him to be seen as one anytime soon. And judging by comments on boards that I am seeing, you're either ALREADY rooting for Ted, or you're rooting against him due to the Ghandia incident... and I don't think anyone's mind is going to be changed.

Now, some reasons FOR Robb:

1) His personality DOES seem to be the type of "wear his emotions on his sleeve" where he will show his despondency when he sees his comrades being kicked out and himself on the block.

2) People are really hating Robb for his personality now... and THAT is something that has been edited by MB to this point... so if MB turns it around and makes us feel for Robb, then many who hated him will start rooting for him. This is different than the Ted/Ghandia situation and how you feel about Ted on that...

Last, but not least:

I've been considering the boot order for Shii Ann, Robb, Stephanie, and Ghandia. I was really of the thinking that Robb is next for SJ... but if Robb is the despondent cocky one, then (again as OFG suggested) he might be around a couple more episodes to develop this storyline. So maybe Robb is a later, not earlier, pre-jury boot.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

10-08-02, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Brilliant move Shakes!"
Shakes, very clever move intentionally posting a ridiculous notion and making it look like you actually believed it!

Great way to get our spoiling team united to solidify our position that it's actually Robb...just brilliant.

The ultimate team player, sacrificing your own reputation for the good of the spoiling!

You are the master manipulator!

Krautboy

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Its TED!"
So, do we still think it's Ted and is this issue still "not worthy of an argument" and is it still "crystal clear that the only person it could be is Ted?"

10-12-02, 10:32 AM (EST)
56. "RE: Its TED!"
>So, do we still think it's
>Ted and is this issue
>still "not worthy of an
>argument" and is it still
>"crystal clear that the only
>person it could be is
>Ted?"

...it may not be Ted, but it sure ain't Robb....and I would say that my guess was alot closer to being accurate. I just didn't anticipate the Clay votes at TC.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings

10-08-02, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Spoiler value?"
At this point, Robb does fit the profile better as an underdog than Ted. If Ted becomes "despondent" in the upcoming episodes than he will be a stronger contender (although vidcaps show him still integrated with the tribe in ep 4).

With either possibility, what is the spoiler value?

Could this person Jeff is referring to be the eventual winner? I would think not because Jeff would want the potential winner shrouded for as long as possible, not hinting at their storyline.

So if the despondent one is Ted, then this is potential winner-spoiler info, meaning, Ted probably does not win.

If the underdog is Robb, then this is potential boot-order spoiler info. There are 2 pieces of evidence for Robb in LL, but it is not know when he goes. Evidence 1 = smoker club, evidence 2 = Jed quote in cbs webchat, "After getting to know him better he is a good guy to have on your side." I believe this level of comradery was established in LL, not in the game.

So, Robb spoiler value is that he needs to stick around long enough for us to reverse our opinions but short enough to end up in LL.

Robb = Boot # 6 or 7?

BI

10-09-02, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "You're all wrong"
It's Clay, the diamond in the rough who knew he would be picked last. I mean, he thought Big Ted was in his corner from they rolled in the cave day 1, then Teddy put a move on Ghandia? Bummer.

Sorry, no spoiler value really, I just couldn't resist any longer.

SMILES ARE FREE

10-09-02, 10:21 AM (EST)
39. "Sig Pic"
Nothing to do with spoiling, but I also could not resist.

Like the sig pic dabo.

Great Message.

D.R.

10-09-02, 10:27 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Sig Pic"
IceCat made that one for me, and I do love it. He would make one for you if you wanted, do you want to be the 007 Q or the Star Trek Q?

SMILES ARE FREE

10-09-02, 03:51 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Sig Pic"
Thanks for the help, Yes I would love help on a sig pic.

And of course 007, although Star Trek Q is cool too.

Silence! Octopussy!

D.R.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-02, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: You're all wrong"
I agree dabo, Clay seems most likely to me as well

Neither Ted or Robb fit the bill in my opinion. Ted I can't see as an underdog, and I can't see myself possibly rooting for Robb. I would include Steph in the prime candidate list, as I think she's going to survive a bit longer, but if we take OFG's quote that it is a male as accurate, we can't include her

Clay on the otherhand has been extremely cocky for such a weak player, but the votes against him, plus next episode's loss of the boat could really shake him.

Jake or Ken as the SJ numbers dwindle could also be possible. More likely Ken, as Jake hasn't seemed particularly cocky, and he has been someone most people have liked all along - the spoiler seems to indicate someone who wasn't as well liked before

Brian also is an outside shot, although I consider him less likely than Clay, Ken, or Jake

10-11-02, 01:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail idiotcowboy Click to send private message to idiotcowboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: The despondent underdog"
I know many of you won't even consider this because the radio quote (of which there is no recorded transcript) says "a man", but Steph sure looked despondant to me. If she somehow makes it an episode or two further via swap or some other MB magic I think we have a winner in the despondent contestant catagory.

-ICB

10-11-02, 02:51 AM (EST)
44. "RE: The despondent underdog"
Well, I don't know what to think any more, but I sure noticed that Robb was the ONLY person seeing a bright side (actually Steph had a moment after winning RC).

If the story arc of despondency is still to come, Robb's the only one not halfway down the slope yet.

Shoot, at this point it could be Clay, Brian, or Ken as well as Robb.

I'll tell you why I don't think it's Steph, ICB:
She's not long for the show at this point and I'm not convinced she does anything memorable at this point. She's exhibiting personality spark comparable to Zoe levels, IMHO.

I bet her calendar will hit the market soon.
Maybe she and Zoe could do one together!

10-11-02, 03:16 AM (EST)
45. "RE: The despondent underdog"
>She's not long for the show at this point and I'm not convinced she does anything memorable at this point.

I guess this is where we agree and disagree. She doenst have to be around much longer, she just has to be redeamed and rooted for in a Gina-like manner. Gina as you recall was gone not long after Hunter's demise (when it looked like it would be her instead)... Steph might just make it one episode at this point. All I'm saying is I dont think she has to make the jury, but I do think if she makes it past the next episode (and changes her attitude due to a swap) then people will root for her before she is evicted as early as episode 6.

Then again we could all be reading more into this than was ever intended... it wouldnt be the first time

-ICB

railfan 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-11-02, 07:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail railfan Click to send private message to railfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: The despondent underdog"
I suspected all along that the radio "quote" might have been a paraphrase and that the despondent underdog was Stephanie. The post-challenge views of Stephanie certainly seemed to show her rejuvenating and interacting for the first time in weeks. However, the way the Chewey strategy and voting played out, I'm now considering Clay as a possible DU.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MakeItStop Click to send private message to MakeItStop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "Clay"
I agree that it may be Clay. He may become despondent after getting votes. That must have been a surprise for him (and all the men). Don't you think that they figured that the women would vote for Ted? And Clay is kind of cocky in his confessionals.

“She’s a beauty queen gone bad!” -- Marcellus about Amy.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

10-11-02, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: The despondent underdog -- gotta be STEPH"
Cowboy, after last night's episode, I totally agree with you that it's Stephanie. Here's why:

Despondent: low, dejected, unhappy, sad, miserable. Steph has been miserable since her little skinny dip on Night 1.

Cocky: Kind of tricky here, but Steph was first chosen member of Shuck-N-Jive (can't remember now if she was first chosen overall). Also, on the first night, she took it all off to go swimming -- can be sign of cockiness. Plus there's her comments (and Jed's) about how much food she's providing for the tribe. Her cockiness is how she sees herself as the important one in the tribe. And then of course, there's her outright refusal to sleep in the shelter.

Tribe's Reaction to Her: She has isolated herself from the tribe, and we're being shown clips of them reacting negatively to her. Especially Shii Ann's comment about Steph hating the rest of them.

MB has spent too much time focussing on all of the negative surrounding Steph and painting her in a bad light. The tribe doesn't really care for her, hence MB is hoping the audience won't like her -- at first.

But the tribe chose Shi to sit out in a physical challenge over sickly Steph. I actually saw her smile last night after winning the reward. Maybe that's the turning point for her -- and Shii Ann.

Is this when we start to root for Steph? I think so.

10-11-02, 01:14 PM (EST)
49. "RE: The despondent underdog"
(scratch, scratch) -- that would be me scratching my head in puzzlement as well.

Dood wasn't a bit despondent post-Jed, and he ain't gonna be anytime soon, unless he gets sidelined by the stingray and thinks that he might be voted out as a weak link (not bloody likely IMO). Ted didn't get any votes at TC, so he has no reason to get depressed yet. It really does fit Stephanie right now, if she'd been acting spunky and wild at the beginning and it just wasn't shown, and if JP thought a firefighter would be a surefire audience favorite to do well in the game.

Being the one who started this discussion, I scoured the boards again this morning trying to locate the exact source of the quote (which I did look for originally, but couldn't find; I hoped one of the more resourceful folks here might). Once again I've come up empty, but I will keep looking. But I do believe that what OFG posted *is* the exact quote, and that JP said it was a man.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-11-02, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: The despondent underdog"
I would not call Steph despondent. I would call her PISSED OFF!

Steph is mad at her tribe b/c someone (Penny) betrayed her vote. I think Shii really does get on every ones nerves and by the way Steph threw the squid at her tribe last night speaks volumes.

Steph can be seen as underdog and I am ready to root for her just b/c of the whole squid fest.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-11-02, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: The despondent underdog"
I am truly torn between Robb and Steph. Robb DOES fit the cocky quote and I think MB also likes the play on words...ie despondant. HOWEVER, Steph really does fit into the despondant category a little better. And cocky? How about her comment to ShiiAnn last night?...."Stick it where you want it!" (regarding putting the squid into the large pot) Cocky if you ask me! I also found myself rooting for her during the challenges because although she hasn't fit into the group well, she sure puts it all out on the line for challenges. To save her own butt? Perhaps, but also to portray herself as more of an asset to the tribe than perhaps ShiiAnn who only seems to contribute to making the fire (along with 4 others. Not too much work if you split it 5 ways!)

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-02, 02:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: The despondent underdog"
I think Steph gets a reprieve from SJ and win a couple of immunities after merge, therefore she could go far. As far as the game is concerned, she is the strongest female out there, I think even stronger than Helen as she is younger.

10-12-02, 04:14 AM (EST)
54. "RE: Source"
I came across one post on EZ containing the masculine terminology for the despondent one.
Post was made on 9/17 by infinitesurvior, who has about 46 DAWs here and has been spoiling and voting, but not on this thread. Maybe he or she can say whether he heard the gender nouns clearly.
(hint: if someone wants to send him/her a message or email)
hope this helps,
OFG
http://pub124.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=14464.topic&index=53
-------------------------------
"Sorry I didn't know where to put this.

Today at 4:15 pm local time. Chicago radio interview WCKG 105.9 fm.

Probst said the men vs women is only, only, in the 1st act of the 1st episode.
Stephanie skinny dips in 1st 3 days, 1st episode.
Shiann hates herself, and he wonders if she'll use her bitchyness to her advantage.
One man (unnamed) starts off cocky, then becomes despondant, and he'll be an "under dog" to viewers, routing for him to get back in it.
All the players are cocky.

In Africa, it was so dry and dusty, they spread thier sewage around to make it less dusty.

I didn't see this posted anywhere else."
----------------------

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

10-12-02, 05:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Source"
"Shiann hates herself". Since when???

Anyway, since Jeff said that all the players are cocky, I don't think this blurp has all that much spoiler value since it's much more difficult to narrow down the players. So what if one of them becomes despondant? Like what a lot of posters have said, it won't take long for the "underdog" story to play out (2 episodes will more or less suffice). By now Stephanie would have fit the category of despondant, but then again, the show is less than halfway through so it could still be anybody. Some other contestants might turn despondant then when the pagonging starts and since everybody starts off cocky, that doesn't narrow anybody who might turn despondant later. An interesting point to note but not really much spoiler value.

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

10-12-02, 02:08 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Source"
ShowMeTheWinner--
the only spoiler value the statement potentially held, for me, was that it might give Robb (or Steph if that's the guy of your choice) a tad later spot in the boot sheet. Many people were voting for Robb to go in Week 3 and most expect him to be a pre-jury boot due to the smokers spoiler.

Remember how they were both at the top of the imminently out-of-there roster. If either is the one referred to, then we would not pick that person next week, until we had seen some of this story arc manifest.

If it's Clay or Ted there isn't anything useful in knowing that now, as we don't think they're going anywhere pre-jury, but the same value might come from it down the line when they start to look vulnerable.

Narrowing it down? Agreed, can't do it from cocky; possibly can narrow it down to male. We have to go by the despondent/rooting for phases, if we use it at all.

I think the comment about Shii Ann's self-loathing is pretty interesting; I'm glad I found the post for that alone.

"Indecision may or may not be my problem"

10-12-02, 07:13 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Source"
>I think the comment about Shii
>Ann's self-loathing is pretty interesting;
>I'm glad I found the
>post for that alone.

I agree, that does put an interesting spin on things, especially in light of the "She Devil" nick she is so proud of. Her "dark side" potential just shot up.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

10-15-02, 04:32 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Source"
Don't know how you did it, OFG, but thanks for finding that post! I am going to assume that it is not a verbatim quote -- or not completely at least -- thus leaving open the possibility that the underdog is female. And JP may have thought this "plotline" would get more weight in the editing than it actually does, so I'd say Stephanie is a definite candidate.

I agree that the spoiler value is related not to "who", but to weighing the person as an imminent boot pick once he/she is identified. But the whole story arc might be on the cutting room floor, for all JP knows.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-02, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: The despondent underdog"
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-02 AT 05:11 PM (EST)

Bumping this thread after Episode 5. Now that Stephanie's gone, I thought the despondent underdog's Shii Ann without a doubt. It can't be Robb since he's gonna be the same usual @$$ he was during the previous weeks. I can't imagine rooting for Robb but I'm strongly rootig for Shii Ann after this episode. She was almost reduced to tears when she knew that her tribemates have been bad-mouthing her. And I think she did start off a little cocky.

Edited to say: Bonus points for making me root for Shii Ann-- She HATES Robb!

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-02, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "RE: The despondent underdog is Jan"
I think the despondent underdog is Jan. She knows she is on the outs and is next on here tribe. She is basically playing for her life.

However, if her tribe wins immunity next week, she will probably go far. Once they make the merge, the old and weak are voted out after the young and strong. Look at how long Rudy, Roger, Kim, and Pappy lasted. Also, look how long Colleen, Liz and Nelah lasted. Compare that to the young and strong Greg, Gervaise, Jeff, Alicia, Silas, and Clarence (i'll admit that Colby is the exception, but I'ld bet he would have been voted out if he would have ever lost an immunity challenge)

10-18-02, 06:06 PM (EST)
64. "RE: The despondent underdog is Jan"
Well, it sure ain't gonna be Robb, as I originally thought possible. He's hardly despondent in the Ep 6 preview, and time has run out, since he's a virtual lock to be voted off in Ep 6 or Ep 7.

Jan? Well she is the biggest underdog in the game right now, but was she ever cocky? Show Me The Winner suggests Shii Ann above. A long-shot, IMO, since she's probably the other of the next two boots, but if she lasts longer than that it's possible.

Unless I see someone else get SERIOUSLY depressed, I'm going with the assumption that JP was referring to Stephanie, and this story arc was not highlighted in her editing. I tend to believe she and Jed weren't exaggerating about the Hut People sitting in the shelter all day, refusing to take on any leader-like activities. Maybe JP thought that by contrast Stephanie would look favorable to viewers, but instead the editing portrayed Jed and Stephanie as the lazy ones, so it was kind of hard to root for either of them.

Otherwise, I dunno.

survivorpinoy 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-22-02, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorpinoy Click to send private message to survivorpinoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
70. "RE: The despondent underdog is Jan"
Silas didn't make it to the merge. He was voted out after the switch.

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve.
Jesus, does anyone?"
-Stand By Me

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-02, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: The despondent underdog"
I'll be brief:

Underdog List

Jan (definitely in the minority, but I doubt she could survive another TC with CG)
Helen (possibly at the merge)
Robb (statements above)
Shii Ann (an "outsider" that many of us already root for)

If it has to be a guy, it's probably Robb.

Quotes of the week
1. "You will NOT see my ta-ta's" -Shii Ann

2. "Do they think I'm too controlling?" -Helen (um, yeah)
3. "My two year old (had a tantrum) one time and I whupped its @$$ and put it back to bed." -Clay
4. "I'm putting in an order for a bigger butt in my next life." -Jan (randomly)

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-02, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: The despondent underdog"
I think it looks like they may mean Shii Ann. She was rather cocky in her earlier confessionals. But now we have her crying on Jake's shoulder about not being liked. She thinks she is the minority and nobody understands her. So she may not be as cocky now. But my problem is that I just don't like her. So I can't see myself starting to hope for her to succeed. I am hoping she will leave.

MikeD 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-18-02, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MikeD Click to send private message to MikeD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "AGREE..."
I completely agree with you Loree....the underdog is Shi Ann.....

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-02, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
68. "RE: AGREE...me too, partially"
At this point, the "despondent underdog" seems to definitely be Shii, so maybe she lasts a little longer (like Big Red).

But I only partially agree with Loree, because Shii is the only one I really like this season.

vulcan 56 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-21-02, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vulcan Click to send private message to vulcan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: The despondent underdog"
Couldn't the despondant underdog be clay due to his comments he seems that he realized he was out of the game and his treatment of helen could be described as despondent

The roach is back bashers bash away

10-21-02, 10:48 PM (EST)
69. "RE: The despondent underdog"
"One man (unnamed) starts off cocky, then becomes despondant, and he'll be an "under dog" to viewers, routing for him to get back in it."

This quote can still be refering to Robb...here's the scenario:

Robb finally comes to realize that he has been manipulated, just a pawn used to get rid of Jed and Stephanie. He becomes despondent and confronts Ken about it, where he gets into the arguement which is previewed this week. He is edited as the "underdog". After the Sook Jai win the RC this week, Robb is pictured hugging another Sook Jai (Ken?) after they return in the evening after the feast. All are happy and Robb's character redemption starts. Shii Ann, the She-Devil, tries to stab him in the back, but it backfires and Robb survives to the merge. We find ourselves rooting for him as his character redemption continues.

The merge episode is edited as Robb the underdog targeted by Chuay Gahn, versus Ted targeted by Sook Jai. We find ourselves rooting for Robb, but in the end thr Chuay Gahn gain control of the game as Robb departs, his "nice guy" character redemption complete...

Krautboy

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-22-02, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
71. "RE: The despondent underdog"
As much as I loathe to think it:

One man starts off cocky, then becomes despondent, and he'll be an "under dog" to viewers, rooting for him to get back in it."

It does sound like Robb (heaven help me if I start rooting for him)

My reasons are as follows:

1. Some moments I HATED him and some other, I'll admit, he kind of made me laugh so I would hazard a comment that he may, just may have some redeeming quality there (that was painful)

2. He has been cocky, no question about it, that is Robb in a nutshell. Cocky about his tribe, himself, etc.

3. We see the impending Robbnoxious come to a high point in his fight this week with Ken, no question and it has to do with the interpretation of "truthfulness" something that perhaps Robb, yes, Robb, may value and may even be. For someone who I don't like, believe it or not, I can see him being an honest and loyal person to those who he makes commitments to (NOW THAT WAS REAL PAINFUL)

4. We also see that he is emotional this week. There was a VO about his being weepy like saying something about people you love is what matters (despondency?)

5. The term underdog is a generic term that can be used for someone who is a person living under very unhappy circumstances and a person who is "losing" or expected to lose. Well, Robb is pretty much expected to lose out here, we are being shown that big time. An underdog does NOT have to be viewed initially as a positive like Kathy. There are underdogs that people don't have to like initially - it is the CHANGE that may inspire us to then root for the person.

Perhaps after the blow up we do see a different side to Robb, maybe one that has been used a little or just tries to put on a cocky appearance.

As much as I don't feel I would "root" for him, note this. I could not STAND Kathy initially, I thought she was a busy body, wouldn't shut up and watched her thinking she was a train wreck. Her obnoxiousness was different than Robb's yes, but I certainly didn't LIKE her in the beginning but then I saw more of her and started rooting for her. Maybe this blow up is the start of us seeing Robb differently than his being shown to us. Remember Shaun also, I thought he was a jerk but then his "editing" started to change somewhat and I enjoyed his humor and his "under dog ness" as he saw once the switch, how he and Robb and Vee, etc were ready to get ousted and then he knew he had to go to Kathy with a plan.

Just some thoughts

10-22-02, 12:17 PM (EST)
73. "RE: The despondent underdog"
Kraut and Veruca, thanks for pretty much agreeing with my original post -- but I've now become convinced that I was wrong!

I speculated that a similar scenario would happen with Robb after the Jed boot -- that he would realize he was on the outs, and become despondent, try to change his ways, etc. That would give us time to root for him for a few Eps before he was whisked off to Losers Lodge.

But it didn't happen then, and now two more Eps have gone by. He looks angry in the Ep 6 preview, so I'd say he won't become despondent until later in the episode, if at all. So if you believe, as I do, that he will be voted out pre-jury, that only leaves one full episode to root for him. The story arc would seem a little off in that case.

IF Robb's underdogdom were to start this week, then I'd say he has to go past the merge and onto the jury to make this story fit. And I just don't think he's going to.

Plus, a number of people above pointed out that JP probably hates Robb, and therefore would never consider him "rootable". I thought Robb might do something to reverse that, but with each passing episode, I have to think JP is liking Robb less and less, especially after his TC remarks last week!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-02, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
74. "Story arc?"
So if you believe, as I do, that he will be voted out pre-jury, that only leaves one full episode to root for him. The story arc would seem a little off in that case.

Are we making a bigger issue out of this than it is?

This may be a case where there is no story arc, but just one episode focused on the ups and downs of our skateboarder. We've seen a number of cases so far this season where they've tried to blow up an incident into something bigger than it is (just look at last week's preview information for a refresher course on that).

Maybe, there are just three intense days right before Robb takes the walk. We've seen the cockiness like crazy so far. We see the despondency, when he finally gets the clue that the hut people are picking off the three others one by one...and he's next. He may or may not do something that would have the viewers cheering for him to survive, but still get voted out at the end of the ep.

I don't recall anything from the original quote specifying that this would happen over a long period of time. It wouldn't surprise me in the least for Jeff to take anecdotes like these and highlight them during interviews to try and get viewer interest without giving away too much plot. So even if Robb is our despondent underdog, that doesn't imply he's safe in the next ep.

10-22-02, 02:20 PM (EST)
75. "RE: Story arc?"
I agree in principle with Bebo (and not just because she's the hottest thing in a blue dress going ).

I think Robb is the despondent underdog. His "bizzaro behaviour" is probably his emotionalism and despondency. He starts to make up with the "family" speech he gives, but it's too late, and he still is the bootee.

And one more thing: The source of the "Despondent Underdog" is none other than Jeff "Jiffy Probe" Probst. Anything Probst says must be taken in a certain context. Jiffy knows what is going to happen, and tailors his comments accordingly. He's also MB's mouthpiece.

Remember the "Liz kicks butt in the challenges" quote (yes, shakes, this is the infamous misquote of what was actually said). Lis never won a challenge, though she did well. But people fell all over themselves speculating, based on this comment, that Lis won somewhere down the line and saved herself.

Same here. Jiffy's comment is to raise drama for ONE EPISODE ONLY. So we'll root for Robb... and watch him take the Walk of Shame anyway.

"All of us necessarily hold many casual opinions that are ludicrously wrong simply because life is far too short for us to think through even a small fraction of the topics that we come across. -- Julian Simon

10-22-02, 02:32 PM (EST)
76. "RE: Story arc?"
Bebo, you have a good point.

My inclination was to expect a time frame comparable to past underdog stories. The closest analogy for me was the General -- in the Ep after John's boot he was moody and grumpy and thought he would go next but Zoe went instead. Next Ep he got an attitude adjustment and then won IC, and in the following Ep he almost got a plan going with Kathy, but got waxed in the end.

But who knows how JP perceives things, being there the whole time? If Robb has a seismic meltdown this episode and becomes an endearing puppy dog, yeah, it's possible his underdog story is squished into one-and-a-half Eps.

It's just that I think he's going to get the boot in *this* episode. So maybe I'll root for him for, like, five minutes.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-22-02, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
77. "RE: Story arc?"
It is highly likely that we may see some kind of "redemption" of the Dood in this episode but more than likely it's too little to late for the SuckJobs. Remember a little firefightin chick named Stephanie who had a bad attitude, caught cold and alienated herself from the others. She seemed to be making big time headway in the attitude adjustment department but it wasn't enough or soon enough to save her.

Snoocharoo

"Happiness is a warm gun"

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-02, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
72. "CBS preview during NFL Sunday"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-02 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

Did anyone else see the CBS preview during Sunday NFL games? I was watching the Browns and I was in the other room and I could of swore I heard Robb crying about something, but I didn't quite catch it.

Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere.

oops, I didn't see this thread, nevermind...
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=3138&forum=DCForumID2&omm=0

blacknwhitedog
It's just a show, I should really just relax...mst3k

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-25-02, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
78. "The Clown's Face Should Be Red"
Looks like Shakes was wrong. Based on last night's episode and Jeff's comments at the end about Robb, it is pretty clear to me that Robb was the despondant underdog Jeff was referring to in his interview. I wonder how Shakes will wiggle his way out of this one.

10-25-02, 03:30 PM (EST)
80. "RE: The Clown's Face Should Be Red"
oh yeah, that whole despondent-underdog we root for thing really played out big time. I think MB milked that for at least 17 minutes last night. In other words, nobody came out the winner here, we should all fee stupid for even wasting our time caring about it.

MOST. USELESS. SPOILER. CLUE. EVER.

10-25-02, 03:54 PM (EST)
81. "RE: The Clown's Face Should Be Red"
Yep, Shakes, gotta agree with you and flame my own thresd.
The "spoiler" potential of JP's remark turned out to be nonexistent -- didn't matter who the person was.

At least now we can all fuggedaboudit.

10-25-02, 04:41 PM (EST)
83. "RE: The Clown's Face Should Be Red"
Not useless, Shakes

Because I decided it meant Robb, I didn't write his name down on the vote thread until there was a promo showing that he was getting emotional.

It also looked at that point like the whole thing was going to come to a head in one episode, so I used that for myself to counter the Shii Ann boot argument.

Since Jeff said we would root for him to get back in the game, that of course means he doesn't succeed and gets booted.
There was a spoiler there, as long as you didn't take it to mean Jed, Stephanie, Shii Ann, or TED ...

btw, it was a MAN after all. I knew I could trust my email friend to quote it accurately as to gender...

pancho 82 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-25-02, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pancho Click to send private message to pancho Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
79. "RE: The despondent underdog was Robb"
From last nights episode the underdog had to be Robb. It seemed the Jeff had a bit of a crush on the newly redeemed dood and was quite hurt by hime being voted off. I could see Jeff rooting for him, but just can't see many in the audience doing that.
pancho

10-25-02, 04:28 PM (EST)
82. "RE: The despondent underdog was Robb"
I think Jeff, in his infinite wisdom (LOL) and Mastery of the Obvious was just pointing our the irony of them voting out the man who was MVP of the previous challenge that gave them a nice food reward, and also brought them together as a "tribe" for the first real time.

Oh well, sucks to be robb. But of course, as per his early show talk, he was not there for the money (ala Steph, by the way why are people booted early never there for the money, is it a chicken and egg argument or what. Meaning do the get voted for not being there for the money, ala Gabe, or say that after ala steph and Robb)

Later

D.R.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •