The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Has MB caught up to OFG?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-02, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Has MB caught up to OFG?"
I brought this up with Outfrontgirl in the East Coast spoiler thresd last night. It would appear that MB has caught up with OFG Theory, and that said theory is no longer of value in spoiling.

Correct me if I am wrong, but JED did not appear in the Ep. 2 previews for Ep.3.

Also, the Ep. 3 Previews for Ep. 4 were VERY interesting: Not a darn thing on Sook Jai. Nothing. Nada. Not a PEEP. It was about a dummy, that clearly is for an RC, and continuing the Ghandia/RestOfTheWorld conflict.

SPOILER ALERT, PEEPS! That great void of SJ info is very, very meaningful. In fact, we might have to create the Anti-OFG Theory because of it! In honor of Nailbone (who names all my conspiracy theories for me), we'll call it the NailOFG Anti-Theory.

As far as OFG herself, I still say "All those looks and all those brains, too... *sigh* "

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Has MB caught up to OFG? jkokoj 10-04-02 1
 RE: Has MB caught up to OFG? zzz 10-04-02 2
 RE: Has MB caught up to OFG? Jims02 10-04-02 3
 RE: Has MB caught up to OFG? nailbone 10-04-02 4
 RE: Has MB caught up to OFG? Outfrontgirl 10-04-02 5
   RE: Has MB caught up to OFG? smrtNsassybnkr 10-04-02 6
   RE: Has MB caught up to OFG? SurvivinDawg 10-05-02 10
 RE: Has MB caught up to OFG? George Tirebiter 10-04-02 7
 RE: Has MB caught up to OFG? survivorscott 10-04-02 8
 RE: Has MB caught up to OFG? dabo 10-04-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-04-02, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Has MB caught up to OFG?"
In adding to that Stephanie was almost non-exsistant last night. The only time I saw her was during the challenges (and she did not speak) and at the beginning sleeping on the beach.

Either this girl is completly Zoe like or MB is hiding a story!

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-04-02, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Has MB caught up to OFG?"
So are you saying SJ goes to TC? Does that mean all of us Stephanie predictors were one episode early? Or does it mean MB is just going to mix things up enough to avoid any patterns?

What is the current best theory?

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Has MB caught up to OFG?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-02 AT 04:41 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-04-02 AT 04:40 PM (EST)

The old OFG theory is what I based my prediction on this week and it worked fairly well (correct tribe)

But, will it hold up this week? There's a good chance that MB won't use the same kind of preview twice for a SJ vote. That's just IMHO tho. I'm just a little skeptical this week.

Or, perhaps they actually have the switch, and they have shown both tribes in the preview! This is unlikely, due to the preview, but MB could be fooling us. I just gotta get some concrete evidence right now.

Quotes of the week
1. "You will NOT see my ta-ta's" -Shii Ann

2. "Do they think I'm too controlling?" -Helen (um, yeah)
3. "My two year old (had a tantrum) one time and I whupped its @$$ and put it back to bed." -Clay

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Has MB caught up to OFG?"
Wow!! thanks, Dawg!! I am thrilled and humbled beyond belief!!

*skips off to brag to Bebo, singing "I gotta theory named for me, I gotta theory named for me"*

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Has MB caught up to OFG?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-02 AT 07:41 PM (EST)

Dawg,
You raised a good point on the EC thread and here:
as I said last night, I totally agree that any publicized spoiler theory that can be easily nullified will be, because CBS pays people to read the spoiler boards.

A theory based on a pattern in vidcaps, preview wording, or polls is especially vulnerable, as they're so easy to adjust. The OFG theory has been on the boards since S3: I'm surprised it held up as long as it did (yeah, I can say that about myself too).

I do believe that every follow-up edition to S1 (which was a big experiment) has had a somewhat different attitude towards enabling or thwarting spoiling. I thought S2 was just right, but maybe that's cause I started spoiling then.

S3 Burnett gave us too little (but made things interesting with the Insider clips). S4 I thought he wanted to get back the audience he lost due to S3 and that in the wake of 9/11 he wanted things to be more entertaining than tough (except for nearly editing out the winner--stupidest move yet).

So now S5 is bound to incorporate reactions to our and the public's reception of S4, and we need to watch for the changes rather than assume the same old formula continues season after season. Stock-in-trade repeats are inevitable, but we shouldn't bank on it.

So far--seems to me like the editing and promos are trying to make it more unpredictable than Marquesas and not necessarily following the rules we have observed.

I don't know right now how to interpret focus or lack thereof on a tribe or player. I can't predict whether our attention is being diverted this week from the tribe going to TC, or we're being shown the Ghandia action because it all culminates this week.

But hey--honestly I have to admit I have not paid much attention to the promos this season. I'm sure some other people here could do a great analysis and maybe find a consistent pattern.

The OFG theory is dead; long live the .... (space for rent)!

Meanwhile, I'm focusing more on out-of-game spoilers like interviews and internet posts, weight loss, friends, etc. than previews. And yet--previews are one of our best tools for trying to decide who wins immunity--first crucial step to picking the boot, so we can't ignore them.

In addition, I'm trying to do that Shakes' thing of trying to put myself in the players' heads and figure out what they'll do, but it's so early and they're acting so stoopid that it's hard to predict what numbskull move will come next--at least with SJ. Ghandia's boot is clearly coming next time CG goes to TC.

OK, so now we can spend all week debating whether she goes this week or Robb/Stephanie. Cheers!

Edit: And here I thought CBS would never make it through my long posts. I blame those of you who repeated the theory short and sweet... Foiled in my attempts at obfuscation!
Do they give CBS moles dictionaries?

Thanks for the compliment Dawg, I'm blushing here!
"Indecision may
or may not be my problem"

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-04-02, 06:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Has MB caught up to OFG?"
Perhaps the reason they aren't showing much in the previews is because they don't want to let us know who gets switched to the other tribe? They could be alluding to Ghandia getting booted, but perhpas she is one that is "swapped" and therefore the OTHER team are the people to actually give her the boot?

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-02, 00:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Has MB caught up to OFG?"
Meanwhile, I'm focusing more on out-of-game spoilers like interviews and internet posts, weight loss, friends, etc. than previews. And yet--previews are one of our best tools for trying to decide who wins immunity--first crucial step to picking the boot, so we can't ignore them.

To me, the previews haven't been very helpful towards naming a bootee. As you know, though, I was looking at Tanya and Jed early on. My "secret" so far has been to try to decide who wins the next IC, then go back and re-watch the portions of the previous episode that relate to that tribe only, and see what stands out. In doing so, I noticed Tanya being shown vomiting, and Jed's "justification" of his existence and the dislike of him by his peers, respectively.

But methinks the best way to spoil is to see what Paratrooper and SNewser have to say, since there is clearly some inside information there.

P.S. *singing* Thanks... for the memories...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-04-02, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Has MB caught up to OFG?"
We've been pretty confident all along that he DOES react to what the spoiler community does, so this is no surprise. . .

The real trick will be adapting the child psychology tricks we use at home ("Don't eat everything on that plate, or I'm going to be upset!") to the realm of Survivor, to beat him at his own game. . .

Honestly, foiling this nitwit has been the biggest allure of the series--although it's apparent that SOME of you come here just to hit on the brainy girls! (I know. . . turnabout/fair play/yada yada.)

GT

I used to be disgusted; now I'm just amused.

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-04-02, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Has MB caught up to OFG?"
As I watched the votes come up for Jed and not Robb. I realized two things:
1.) the OFG theory no longer worked
2.) first week of Fantasy Survivor and I am all ready SCREWED!

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-02, 09:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Has MB caught up to OFG?"
Tanya was briefly in the episode 2 promo (shot of three CG at camp). Jed was briefly in the episode 3 promo (challenge footage).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •