The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dummy Replaces a dummy??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SmokeWilliams 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-04-02, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SmokeWilliams Click to send private message to SmokeWilliams Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dummy Replaces a dummy??"
What is up with the dummy. We have all been thinking about a switch. How can it be different this time? We know that the switches haven't been at all fair in the past so why should they start now. I think they will take one member from each tribe and switch them. Somehow the dummy takes the place of the chosen member. Perhaps the two forsaken members can have some pizza and beer like Kathy and Rob last season. Then they go to their new tribes and are executed. Perhaps Burnett is wary of more inappropriate "touching" and wants to move Ghandia over to Sook Jai. Who will move to Chewy? Any thoughts?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dummy Replaces a dummy?? PhillyBrat 10-04-02 1
 NO SWITCHES Cathy the Canadian 10-04-02 2
   RE: NO SWITCHES SmokeWilliams 10-04-02 3
   RE: NO SWITCHES Spidey 10-04-02 4
       RE: NO SWITCHES wendyp 10-04-02 5
       RE: NO SWITCHES steppingrazor42 10-04-02 6
       RE: NO SWITCHES smrtNsassybnkr 10-04-02 7
 RE: Dummy Replaces a dummy?? ejm92 10-04-02 8
   RE: Dummy Replaces a dummy?? survivormitsx 10-04-02 9
       Switch or no switch? ZJ 10-05-02 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PhillyBrat 172 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-04-02, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhillyBrat Click to send private message to PhillyBrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dummy Replaces a dummy??"
You know, I thought of the same thing too.. I think it is great forshadowing of the group if the Dummy becomes a new member of their tribe. As for who would go in SJ.. My bets are that Rob goes.. gets on SG's nerves and gets the boot...

And then there were none....

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-04-02, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "NO SWITCHES"
The more I think about it, the more I think there aren't going to be any switches at all. Think about it, MB knows that the survivors have watched previous episodes, and are expecting, even counting on a switcheroo.

So how does he keep both them and us on our toes? How does he keep survivor oh so unpredictable? NO SWITCHES. Any takers?

SmokeWilliams 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-04-02, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SmokeWilliams Click to send private message to SmokeWilliams Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NO SWITCHES"
LAST EDITED ON 10-04-02 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

I think that is a definite possibility. If things go as planned and it looks like there won't be a huge advantage for any group then Burnett might keep his grubby hands out of it. He says that all the previous switches were preplanned, but that is a load! They were thinking about doing it for Australia, but then Mike decided to take a hit off the fire and that evened things up. So he didn't need to mess with anything. Africa had the Youngins looking to take out the oldies, so they switched it up. Made it more interesting than seeing each member trot off as planned. Then Marquesas was a complete disaster by the Knuckleheads, so they tried to salvage something out of it. This time it could get back to the pattern we saw in 1 and 2. 5 members from each tribe get to the merge. If it stays on that track then I think the switch won't happen.

No one deserved to win more than Colby!!

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-02, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: NO SWITCHES"
>The more I think about it,
>the more I think there
>aren't going to be any
>switches at all. Think
>about it, MB knows that
>the survivors have watched previous
>episodes, and are expecting, even
>counting on a switcheroo.
>
> So how does he keep
>both them and us on
>our toes? How does
>he keep survivor oh so
>unpredictable? NO SWITCHES.
>Any takers?

Unfortunately, there is a major downside to no switch - that is the typical pagonging. Whether they go in even or with one tribe at a disadvantage, the suspense is over if a strong alliance is in control. We clearly have a T/B/C (&H?) alliance in CG and it looks to be a J/P/SA/E (&K?) alliance in SJ. Robb and Steph are out to sea like the fishing net. When either one of these groups gets control, your final 4 is more or less set (with the exception of an irritation boot a la Jerri).

A switch has at least the potential of shaking that up. It worked once (S4) and failed once (S3). Absent a switch there has been a pagonging both times. Why would MB take those odds?

The caveat to this is Jiffy's statement that they played smarter. Could FINALLY those that are at the bottom of a each original tribe's alliances band together absent a switch?

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-04-02, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NO SWITCHES"
I have been goign back and forth about the switch . . .. I can see it not happening because they expect it. However if the dummy is significant of a one person switch, this is the dumbest thing MB has done. A one person switch . . . the next tribal counsel that person is gone! I know the game is not fair . . but a one person switch would not shake up or change the game lik eMB would want.

steppingrazor42 283 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-04-02, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail steppingrazor42 Click to send private message to steppingrazor42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NO SWITCHES"
I definitely think we'll see "the switch" this season...but doesn't it usually happen during Ep5? I can't remember if it was done during the same episode on S3 and S4. In any case I don't think the dummy has to do with the switch, since 3 people switch teams it just seems like they wouldn't have used ONE dummy to symolize it. I can't wait to see what it is going to be used for though.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-04-02, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: NO SWITCHES"
Isn't the TV guide title for Ep 4 called "Gender Bender" In my opinion, IF there is a switch, perhaps they will swap men....three for three. That way, they are not changing the number of people on either tribe, but the switch would be "different". (Those Sook Jai women would eat the chuey gum men ALIVE)

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-04-02, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dummy Replaces a dummy??"
I guess I was the only one who thought they were hinting to the tribes that they had a special guest that was coming in...the dummy reminded me of a voodoo doll, and I thought maybe MB was sending the General back to straighten things up....oh well. I doubt this has a thing to do with switching...I think maybe if MB did switch only one member, he could give the member who was switched individual immunity for one week so they would be safe with 5 or 6 strangers....but it proboably is a clue or something for the RC.

survivormitsx 271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-04-02, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivormitsx Click to send private message to survivormitsx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dummy Replaces a dummy??"

I was actually thinking of it more along the lines as this was their treemail, kinda saying "Thailand for Dummies"
This might be another subjective immunity challenge based on your knowledge of Thailand, kinda like that one in aussie. I dunno, it just made sense to me...
Or it could be like a pinata type thing, where supplies are hidden inside the dummies, but they dont know what, so its a relay to the finish. The first team to have their dummies to the finish line gets ALL of them and whats inside.

If your happy and you know it, Do the Cooper dance!!

ZJ 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-05-02, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ZJ Click to send private message to ZJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Switch or no switch?"
Anyway the preview showed the dummy challenge and the voiceover said "who will be going home?" This perhaps indicate that the dummy challenge is an IC. If it was an IC, then with all the original members shown together in respective tribes, there was no switch then.
I am inclined to believe that the RC challenge could be a gross food challenge.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •