The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

beau_30 952 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-16-06, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
over here at
http://www.livejournal.com/community/theamazingrace there was a post that states that TAR is moving to the 10 oclock time period for the new show called unit and for love monkey. Now They didn't post a link to confirm the actually time change removal. I was just wondering if anybody else has anything about this.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 From the RTVW front page . . . Cygnus X1 02-17-06 1
 RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 ... JanetFAN 02-21-06 2
   RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 ... Jims02 02-21-06 3
   RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 ... Hoobie 03-02-06 11
       RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 ... ARnutz 03-04-06 16
 RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 ... brvnkrz 02-21-06 4
 Woo and Hoo universityofkentuckyrocks 02-21-06 5
 RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 ... philly_fan 02-27-06 6
 RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 ... Earl Colby Pottinger 02-28-06 7
 RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 ... dragonflies 02-28-06 8
   RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 ... aquariaqueen 03-02-06 10
       RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 ... Cygnus X1 03-02-06 12
 RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 ... Karchita 02-28-06 9
 RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 ... flipxcyd 03-03-06 13
   RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 ... dragonflies 03-03-06 14
 It MAY go back to 9 Cygnus X1 03-04-06 15
   RE: It MAY go back to 9 ARnutz 03-04-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-17-06, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "From the RTVW front page . . ."
A week after it announced The Amazing Race 9 would premiere on February 28 and, following its special two-hour premiere, regularly air in the Tuesdays at 9PM ET/PT time period that the reality series has occupied since The Amazing Race 6, CBS has reversed course, deciding instead to make the Tuesdays at 10PM ET/PT hour the show's new regular time period.

Talk, talk, it's only talk . . .

JanetFAN 180 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-21-06, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JanetFAN Click to send private message to JanetFAN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
I heard this too and all the commercials for the Unit say it's for TAR's time slot. I'm pissed because this could really mean the end of TAR, which is I think the best show on television.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-06, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
I definitely get the feeling that CBS is really testing TAR for this season, basing this year's performance on future decision, especially after the Family Edition's sub-par rating.

I don't think they've written off the show yet, due to all of the commercials, but they're definitely keeping a close eye on the show, in my opinion.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-02-06, 05:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
I swear, it was on at the 10pm time slot from Season 1, up through about 2 years ago. Am I going crazy?

It did really well back then.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-06, 07:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
You are correct! It used to be a summer only show (through TAR 4, I think) and was on at 10 pm after Big Brother on Tuesdays.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-06, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
Crap. I had enough trouble staying up for it at 9pm. Thank goodness for the DVR.

An awesome Syren siggie

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-21-06, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Woo and Hoo"
I'll be able to watch this season without worrying whether I get out of work on time.

ukrocks got a blog!

philly_fan 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-27-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail philly_fan Click to send private message to philly_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
New time slot worries me a litte, going up against LAO:SVU is going to be tough, they have great readings in this time slot--and I'm one of them!

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-06, 02:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
With my mother getting home at 9:30 it has always been a drag from her asking questions about the first half. Starting at ten is great for me.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

02-28-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
So much for it being a 'family' show. Even in the Midwest, that means 9-10pm. Too late for my kiddos. Thankfully we have DVR.

siggie by syren

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings

03-02-06, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
Yep, this is past my kids' bedtime, darn it....we love to watch as a family.

But they let the "viewer discretion is advised" programs on earlier!!! Makes no sense!

03-02-06, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-06 AT 11:52 PM (EST)

But they let the "viewer discretion is advised" programs on earlier!!! Makes no sense!

Perhaps the CBS programming department thinks it's still TAR Family.

And that came WITHOUT warnings.

Non-smart-alecky reply: It's ovbious that CBS wants to give the NCIS lead-in to this new show, The Unit, which is now in the 9 PM slot.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-28-06, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
It seems to me that CBS couldn't be trying harder to chase away viewers. First, they scare off the regular viewers with the horror of the Family Edition, then, on the off chance they actually picked up a few viewers who are family-types, they change the time so that the kiddies can't watch. Who does that leave?

flipxcyd 1060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-03-06, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
Don't matter to me. Sacramento programming is 1 hour early, so I get to watch it at 9pm. Come to think of it, I thought it was always at 10pm (or 9pm here).

Maybe it's a sign that this season's TAR will be more adult than the disaster last season.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: New Time Slot for TAR on at 10 now??"
Maybe it's a sign that this season's TAR will be more adult than the disaster last season.

So far it does seem there is more swearing.

siggie by syren

03-04-06, 06:13 AM (EST)
15. "It MAY go back to 9"
according to this article in Broadcasting and Cable:

CBS is hoping Race rebounds from last season, which went with a family format that underwhelmed fans. Kelly Kahl, CBS executive VP of scheduling and program planning, says a fallback is flipping Race with The Unit, which is Race’s lead-in Tuesdays at 9.

Bellhaven-Sewell in '08! Let's have REAL criminals in the White House!

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-06, 07:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: It MAY go back to 9"
I hope they do switch it. 10 pm is kind of late for me and for Nutzboy. I was really tired after last week's show. ...but you know I'll watch it either way!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •