The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Non-Beauty Products You Love"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-29-08, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Non-Beauty Products You Love"
Calling all singles and other small households! Hate buying produce because it goes bad before you can use it all?

A friend tipped me off to "Debbie Meyer's Green Bags" - As Seen on TV.

These things really do work. I've had two ripe tomatoes siting on the counter in one for the last two weeks. They're still ripe - no spoilage. Banana's? Buy them somewhat green. Put them in the bag, take a couple out to ripen. Eat the ripe ones - the ones in the bag will still be green. My celery is going on a month, no deterioration.

If this were my first post it could definitely be confused with SPAM, but neither is true. I'm in lvoe with these. Can't say enough good about them. Refrigerated, or on the shelf, my fruits and veggies are keeping until I can use them. I can finally shop for produce at Sam's or Costco and not worry about it all rotting before I get to it.

You get 20 bags - 10 medium and 10 large - and they can be reused 8-10 times each if washed and dried between uses.

The large are big enough to hold full size, husks on, corn on the cobb. Just remember to put the produce in dry and wipe out any condensate that may form (I haven't had to, so far).
Oh... And, if you, like I, buy the vine ripened tomatoes on the stem? Take them off, first. For some reason that I can't fathom, even though the tomatoes stay ripe and don't rot the stems will grow mold. Ish.

Any wonders you've been introduced to recently?

Tribe's beauty.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love syren 01-29-08 1
   RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love mysticwolf 01-29-08 5
 RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love anotherkim 01-29-08 2
   RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love syren 01-29-08 3
 RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love jbug 01-29-08 4
   RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love mysticwolf 01-29-08 7
 RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love buckeyegirl 01-29-08 6
   RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love mysticwolf 01-29-08 8
 RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love whimsey 01-29-08 9
   RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love mysticwolf 01-30-08 12
       RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love Ahtumbreez 01-30-08 15
 Dryel Karchita 01-29-08 10
   RE: Dryel mysticwolf 01-30-08 11
       RE: Dryel Karchita 01-30-08 13
       RE: Dryel geg6 01-30-08 17
   RE: Dryel jbug 01-30-08 19
 RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love Snidget 01-30-08 14
 RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love Breezy 01-30-08 16
 One product that didn't work Ahtumbreez 01-30-08 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love"
And where can you get these bags?

What?

01-29-08, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love"
I got mine at Bed Bath & Beyond. One box cost me $9.95+tax - no shipping or handling costs. The clerk I had to ask, since they weren't obviously with their "As Seen..." stuff, brought me a box and said they're one of their biggest sellers, now.

They're online for the same price, but of course you'd have to pay S/H. Kinda deals are available if you buy more than one box &/or if you want the "extras" some are throwing in, but I don't know if it offsets the S/H any, if at all.

Tribe's beauty.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love"
Right now I can safely say that my favorite non-beauty item is a bag of Reese's Miniatures. They make my day complete.

Kimmah Says
--the bags are interesting...I buy corn and it ALWAYS spoils.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love"
The reese peanut butter chips are yummy to, but so rich I eat less of them.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 09:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love"
MW, you are such a peach to share this with us! I'd been wondering about these but had not yet decided to try them.
I will now! Maybe we'll eat more veggies if their not always going to waste.

Crusin w/ Tribe

01-29-08, 09:57 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love"
LAST EDITED ON 01-29-08 AT 09:58 PM (EST)

Hope you like them as much as I do. Now that I think of it, I hope the thing with the tomato stems doesn't extend to the corn husks. I'll have to keep a close eye on that, and I still don't understand why it happens with the tomatoes. Other, fresh, greens - celery, lettuce, etc. aren't affected like that.

BTW, They do caution you not to use twist ties with them so you don't put holes in them.

My biggest problem will come when I first try to wash & dry one. The cats are addicted to chewing on plastic bags. I think no air drying in this house.

Winter by Tribe

ETR Extra Sig Pics

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 09:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love"
Two cleaning related products both have been around awhile: Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. This product is awesome. I mainly use it in the bathtub for soapscum. It's so much easier for the hard spots that never seem to come off... I also love the Swiffer wet mop, because I am lazy when it comes to clean. No mop, no sponge, no mess. (I can never ring the real mop out enough, and end up with puddles on the floor.)

--thanks for the heads up on the bags, I've always wondered if they worked.

A Kyngsladye Original Kreation

01-29-08, 10:25 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love"
I have a Swiffer. Loved it when I first got it, but keeping track of, and changing off on, the two different floor formula's got to be a bit of a pain. You're right, though, that a mop doesn't really do as well. I'll have to make an effort to reintroduce myself to it.

The Eraser is one that I've seen before, but haven't yet tried. I think, now that I've discovered LUSH and am taking more baths, I'll have to try that one.

Tribe's beauty.

whimsey 4411 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-29-08, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whimsey Click to send private message to whimsey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love"
Thank you so much for the Green Bags info, I have often wanted to try them.

I, too, like the Swifer line. Good, quick dusting/cleaning solution. I'm dying to know about the choppers. You know, the dicing, shredding (non electric) dodads. Anyone out there tried them? Dish please.

01-30-08, 00:42 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love"
I haven't tried the choppers. Using Alton's theory, I try to go for something that does multiple duty. Therefore, I use a knife or my food processor. But, I'll admit I've been tempted. If anyone can tell me that they really do the job better, I'm listening.

An Agman Winter
No points for saying they keep the smell of garlic or onions off your hands. Hold the knife blade (or a stainless steel anything) between your hands under cold water and the smell disappears. Every. Time. Guaranteed. No gadgets required.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love"
I love Swiffer and the Magic Eraser. The Swiffer is great on my wood floors. I've got both the Dry Swiffer and Wet Swiffer.

I also have the Onion Chopper. I can't do a half an onion like they show on tv, (that is one powerful woman!) but I do like it. I can only do about a 1/3 of an onion at a time. But they come out in these perfect, little cuts and I like that the container is a measuring cup. Would I buy it for myself? Probably not. But as the food processor is buried in the back of the cabinet and this slides into a drawer I do use it more. Way quicker than a knife.

Agman took me to the islands

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Dryel"
Dryel is the home dry-cleaning stuff that you use in your dryer. I love it because it does a great job and is super cheap and much more convenient than going to the dry cleaner.

I started out very cautiously and tested it first on old things that I didn't care about, but everything has always come out just fine. I haven't taken any clothes to the cleaners in several years.

01-30-08, 00:33 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Dryel"
Yep! DH first bought it when it came out a few years ago. I was suspicious. No longer.

The only time I send anything to the dry cleaners now is if it's fur &/or leather, or if I need/want to have it professionally starched &/or pressed.

Dryel is superb. We use it almost exclusively now for dry cleaning. Even on our suits, sweaters, and tuxedoes - including the wool or wool blends - even velvet. No complaints yet, and we've been using it for well over a year. And, following their directions, it's taken out every stain I've had to treat without leaving any indication it was ever there.

Definitely worth trying.

Tribe's beauty.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Dryel"
You guys have tuxedos? wow

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Dryel"
I, too, am a big Dryel fan. Love, love, love it! And so much more cost effective than dry cleaning all the time. I still take each of my pieces of clothing that need dry cleaning to the cleaners once a year (I saw a local consumer reporter saying that you should probably do that because the Dryel can't get everything out completely forever), but it used to cost me a fortune for dry cleaning. Not so much anymore.

"With all the talk about how to stimulate it, you'd think that the economy is a giant clitoris." - Barbara Ehrenreich

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Dryel"
Speaking of dry cleaning.....
do you think there is a difference in the $1.99 cleaners and the real expensive ones? I can't believe that about 6 years ago I paid $29 to have a dress w/ jacket dry cleaned - then found the $1.99 place.
Took DH's trench coat last week and yep, $1.99 (+tax) - oh, and a penny extra for the belt (what's with that?).

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love"
Those sound good, since they work.

I got one of those Handi-Vac things and that seems so far to be doing a good job of keeping freezer burn to a minimum and it also seems to work on keeping lettuce, spinach, cheese and mushrooms fresher than they would in regular ziploc bags.

Agman's like a brother, Your best friend forever, Making the sigs, the sigs that you like.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Non-Beauty Products You Love"
I've been wondering about those, I prefer my bananas a little green and firm. And my bunch of celery never lasts, I'm always throwing the last few bad pieces to the rabbit.

I'll also second the Reynolds Handi-vac for freezing stuff. It works great and isn't bulky or as expensive as a Food Saver. Love it!

Breezy and Brett sitting in a tree...

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "One product that didn't work"
For me anyway.

The space-age space-saver bags. They shrunk down to nothing like they were advertised. But the next day they were inflated again. So I shrunk them down again and then put a piece of plastic over the nozzle before screwing the plug on. Again it re-inflated overnight. So I did it again and then stuck it in the bottom of a chest with other stuff piled on top. When I took them out about 6 months later the plastic was brittle and the seams had come apart.

Agman took me to the islands

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •