The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SB Party"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-29-08, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SB Party"
MTW reminded me that this weekend is Super Bowl Sunday. That's how excited I am about the SB this year, someone actually had to remind me

But that doesn't mean I'm not excited about the parties. Are you having one, going to one? At a public place or a home party?

And recipes- what are you eating? And drinks - drinks are a must!

I'm going to friends, and I'm taking -

water chestnuts wrapped in bacon and baked with a mayo, br sugar, chili sauce sauce
spinach dip in a bread bowl
roasted corn dip
Brittle cookies
German wheat beer
and the fixing for apple margaritas

Can you tell I couldn't decide what to make so I'm making everything I wanted to.

winterized by agman
I AM the Abbott of Vermont!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SB Party Estee 01-29-08 1
 RE: SB Party samboohoo 01-29-08 2
 RE: SB Party StarryLuna 01-29-08 3
 RE: SB Party brvnkrz 01-29-08 4
   RE: SB Party motormouth 01-29-08 6
       RE: SB Party brvnkrz 01-29-08 7
       RE: SB Party samboohoo 01-29-08 8
           RE: SB Party brvnkrz 01-29-08 10
               RE: SB Party samboohoo 01-29-08 11
                   RE: SB Party brvnkrz 01-29-08 13
                       RE: SB Party Ahtumbreez 01-29-08 16
                           RE: SB Party brvnkrz 01-29-08 19
                               RE: SB Party mysticwolf 01-29-08 22
                                   RE: SB Party brvnkrz 01-29-08 24
                                       RE: SB Party greenmonstah 01-29-08 27
                                           RE: SB Party StarryLuna 01-29-08 29
                                           RE: SB Party brvnkrz 01-29-08 31
 RE: SB Party geg6 01-29-08 5
   RE: SB Party Ahtumbreez 01-29-08 21
 RE: SB Party Snidget 01-29-08 9
 RE: SB Party MTW1961 01-29-08 12
 RE: SB Party DebCapsFan 01-29-08 14
   RE: SB Party Max Headroom 01-29-08 15
       Yep DebCapsFan 01-29-08 20
   RE: SB Party Ahtumbreez 01-29-08 17
       RE: SB Party MTW1961 01-29-08 25
   RE: SB Party miamicatt 01-29-08 30
   RE: SB Party FishWoman 01-30-08 36
 RE: SB Party Max Headroom 01-29-08 18
 RE: SB Party emydi 01-29-08 23
   RE: SB Party geg6 01-30-08 35
 RE: SB Party greenmonstah 01-29-08 26
 RE: SB Party J Slice 01-29-08 28
 RE: SB Party jbug 01-29-08 32
 RE: SB Party mysticwolf 01-30-08 33
   RE: SB Party Ahtumbreez 01-30-08 34
 RE: SB Party agman 01-30-08 37
   RE: SB Party Ahtumbreez 01-30-08 38

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SB Party"
Weighing offers. I don't like most SB parties just because I inevitably win up as the last sober person in the house and when the game has local fans for a team that appears destined to lose, that is not a good position to be in. It's almost the same problem in a bar, except for adding a thousand additional factors. (On the bright side, I probably won't have to drive anyone home from the bar.) The price of enjoying the game in a group setting is typically someone else enjoying themselves a little too much, then thinking of a way they can share it with you.

I'd rather not add to the postgame body count this year.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SB Party"
We have not gone to any big parties for the SB in years. I may go down to a friend's house at the Bay and, if I do, I will leave at halftime. I figured with the long show and commercials, I can still be home by the end of the 3rd quarter.

If I go, I will not be making anything. At all. If I stay home, I think we will get some Chinese food.

Boo and Captain Chaos sitting in a tree . . .

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-29-08, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SB Party"
My mom-in-law and her best friend usually throw something, but they both may be stuck at work this year, so it's kind of a wait-and-see for us. If the have one, I will most likely be taking a purchased veggie tray.

Winterized by Nutzy.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SB Party"
We have invited 7 other people to come over. I'm making my crockpot chili and some cornbread and some weight watchers cupcakes (absolute yummiest...one box of cake mix, one can of diet 7-Up. Mix it up and pour into cupcake holders. Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Most delicious)
Anyhow, everybody else will also be bringing snacky type foods.
I may do bacon wrapped dates. Sound gross, taste delicious. Just wrap dates in bacon add a little brown sugar and then bake. I hate dates but love this appetizer. Mmmmmmm.

An Arkie original.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SB Party"
Does that work on any kind of cake mix? I've been meaning to try it since you told me about it ages ago.

Bigfoot by Arkie

01-29-08, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SB Party"
I know it works for any and all white and yellow cake mixes. I haven't tried it with a chocolate cake mix though.

An Arkie original.

01-29-08, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SB Party"
I know someone who used it in a wedding cake.

Boo and Captain Chaos sitting in a tree . . .

01-29-08, 03:54 PM (EST)
10. "RE: SB Party"
I'll never make another cake, another batch of cupcakes or another cobbler any other way.
With the cobbler, I put frozen fruit in the bottom of Pam sprayed baking dish, pour the cake mix over the top and then pour the can of Diet 7-Up over all of that and then just bake. Makes a yummy cobbler.

An Arkie original.

01-29-08, 03:55 PM (EST)
11. "RE: SB Party"
That sounds super yummy.

You have made me very happy today, you know.

01-29-08, 04:20 PM (EST)
13. "RE: SB Party"
It is most yummy. Converted me forever.

I like when I make Boo very happy. *smooch*

01-29-08, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: SB Party"
Does it have to be Diet? I have some 7-up left over from a Sis visit, wondering if I can use that.

winterized by agman

01-29-08, 04:32 PM (EST)
19. "RE: SB Party"
In order for it to be a true Weight Watchers recipe, yes, it does need to be diet. But I am sure that regular 7-Up will work too. Not sure how that will taste though because I have only used the diet variety.
Ohhhhhhhh, wait, I lie. We did use regular 7-Up once and yes, it worked just as well.

An Arkie original.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: SB Party"
Good to know. I detest diet soft drinks. I'll have to try it, now. (What do you do about the egg(s) &/or butter most cake mixes say to add? Just leave 'em out?)

Tribe's beauty.

01-29-08, 05:04 PM (EST)
24. "RE: SB Party"
The soda replaces every wet ingredient. Just add the soda and nothing else.

An Arkie original.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: SB Party"
Why not just eat the powder while drinking a can of diet soda?

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: SB Party"
Silly. You can't stick candles in that.

Winterized by Nutzy.

01-29-08, 08:18 PM (EST)
31. "RE: SB Party"
Um, I do. I didn't realize that was bad.

An Arkie original.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SB Party"
LAST EDITED ON 01-29-08 AT 03:43 PM (EST)

My friend, Joe, and his wife, Amy, will be having a huuuuuuuuuuge SB party this year at their house.

Poor Joe is originally from Queens and is a big Giants fan. He has suffered through many years of abuse here in Pittsburgh and we are all happy that we can all cheerfully (but probably futilely) support him against the eeeeevil Pats this year. He's so exicted about it, it's adorable. He called me last night to tell me he took a ride up into the Strip District (fresh food heaven here in Pittsburgh) to pick up/place his order fresh produce, cheeses, and seafood for the feast he is making. I don't know what all he plans to make, but it includes lobster, shrimp, oysters, and mussels. Yummy.

I will be bringing something for me to drink and that is all. Joe has forbidden me to do anything else.

"With all the talk about how to stimulate it, you'd think that the economy is a giant clitoris." - Barbara Ehrenreich

Edited to be clear that he didn't yet pick up the seafood. That would be yucky.

01-29-08, 04:38 PM (EST)
21. "RE: SB Party"
Sounds like you've hit the jackpot. W

hen I lived in Charlotte we used to go to my ex's boss' party. Huge buffet, plus he bought a new big screen tv every year and that was the prize for the grid betting. I think the squares were 20.00 a piece. Never did win.

winterized by agman

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SB Party"
I've got a thing this weekend (bad scheduling, huh?) and I won't be home from that until 9 ish so I'm not planing on any parties.

I am DVRing the whole thing to watch the commercials.

Agman's like a brother, Your best friend forever, Making the sigs, the sigs that you like.

Yes, I know that seems so wrong.

Oh and Paula's halftime meltdown, can't miss the meltdown!

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-29-08, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SB Party"
I have a Super Bowl party every year. The party is actually better when you have a really, really crappy Super Bowl matchup like THIS YEAR'S.

Lots of food, margaritas, beer, and maybe even a few Malibu and Cokes!

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-29-08, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SB Party"
I'll be at MTW's.

We discussed going out to run errands for the cruise. I should start organizing my packing. We need sandals for climbing Dunns River Falls.
And probably going to the gym.

My sports this coming weekend will involve going to the Caps game on Saturday with my sister, Abbi and Marie. Shocking...I know. I probably don't need to eat party food anyway with all the eating will be doing on the cruise.

I'm so excited right now. W00t. *coughs* I'll try not to mention it a jillion times.

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SB Party"
So did you make your Lush run yet??

DebCapsFan 2747 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-29-08, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DebCapsFan Click to send private message to DebCapsFan Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Yep"
Thank you so much. I got some things for before the trip to prep and some nice things for during the trip. Which I am hoping don't melt.

Jason thanks you too.

01-29-08, 04:31 PM (EST)
17. "RE: SB Party"
Gellus. On 2 counts. The cruise. And MTW espressly told me NOT to come over this weekend. Hrrmph.

winterized by agman

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-29-08, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: SB Party"
You can come over, but a) I'm not making Chile Rellenos on Super Bowl Sunday when I've been drinking. Could be dangerous; and b) we'd have no alone time!

Handcrafted by RollDDice!

miamicatt 9247 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miamicatt Click to send private message to miamicatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: SB Party"
Buy some cheap sunglasses for the Falls too. They will most likely wash right off your head at one point during the climb. Sometimes, they can retrieve them for you from the lagoon, but to be on the safe side, don't wear ones you aren't afraid to lose.

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-30-08, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: SB Party"
you just need water shoes for the falls - not anything special like tevas.

Have fun!

Agman remembered my birthday!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: SB Party"
Super Bowl parties? The last one I went to was for SB XXVII, where I spent the day jeering at a roomful of Bills fans while watching the Cowboys win 52-17.

Dang, I'm old.

An agman creation

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: SB Party"
Big party at the Hunky Castle.

Same as last 5 years or so...2006 was of course the best one..

Handcrafted by RollDdice

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: SB Party"
Word.

"With all the talk about how to stimulate it, you'd think that the economy is a giant clitoris." - Barbara Ehrenreich

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: SB Party"
Hopefully, most Pats fans won't be eating crow.

While I am not a rabid Pats fan, I am looking forward to the game. It could be a historical moment for the NFL. Codspeed men. Codspeed.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: SB Party"
No party here, amazingly. Steve's visiting this weekend, so he's the only one who gets to witness the fun game known as "watch Julia scream at the tv."

We're ordering honey-garlic wings from a place nearby. I also have plenty of Sly Fox Phoenix Pale Ale, and fruity malt drinks (Steve likes them). Maybe I'll get a can of cashews or something.

All Hail the Rickman!

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: SB Party"
Since we have not big HD tv right now? -
~~has anyone missed me telling that? do you need to hear it again?~~
we'll go somewhere - I even called Best Buy today to tell them we may be bringing in lawn chairs & watching the game in their store.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: SB Party"
No party. Haven't been to a SB party in years.

We watch football, on occassion, but the only major team fans in the family lost everything - including, evidently - after coming out of it with all lives intact - their rabid devotion to their team (Browns). One way (not recommended) to set priorities, I guess.

We'll probably go into the zoo - at least during the day - to provide the entertainment for others that aren't game watchers. Frozentoesen is still going on, so there are still feeds and animal encounters scheduled that someone needs to make happen.

Not sure when kickoff is, if it's later in the day we'll probably watch for the commercials, if nothing else. We'll undoubtedly get caught up in the game (unless it's really lame) so I guess I'd better start thinking about what I'll serve.

Maybe the water chestnuts wrapped in bacon. That's always a favorite. But, I make mine using sweet-sour sauce. (And, if I had my way, they'd include a piece of chicken liver. DH disagrees. Ce la vie.)

Tribe's beauty.

01-30-08, 08:41 AM (EST)
34. "RE: SB Party"
mystic, what's the zoo going to do without you when you get this job you're in line for! I think they will weep.

Agman took me to the islands

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: SB Party"
Nothing planned yet, but for us, these parties seems to just happen on the fly most of the time.

01-30-08, 10:31 AM (EST)
38. "RE: SB Party"
I'm not touching that.

Agman took me to the islands

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •