The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NKOTB"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-29-08, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NKOTB"
http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=3740734d-8c3a-43e3-9959-6a0ee4d6832a

For those of you who can't get excited about a Monkees reunion, here's an alternative:

They may no longer be new. They may no longer be kids. But NKOTB just might be out to prove they still have the right stuff.

New Kids on the Block, the prototypical boy band of the 1980s and early '90s that preceded the Backstreet Boys and 'N Sync on the pop charts and in the pages of Tiger Beat, are reportedly on track to reunite.

The band's official Website, www.nkotb.com, is, after a long period of dormancy, once again up and running and imploring fans to keep hanging tough for a forthcoming announcement. That announcement, per People, is that Jordan Knight, Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg, Jonathan Knight and Danny Wood will be making like the Spice Girls and relaunching their once chart-dominating act.

There's no word yet, however, on whether the group's resurrection will include a tour, a greatest-hits album or the release of any new material. Or, apparently, whether all five members have signed off on a reunion.

Isn't Joey, the youngest, in his mid-30s? It's one thing for a real band to make a comeback, but when your hallmark was dancing and looking cute, doesn't a comeback at this age just look, well, sad?

Sigs by Bob about chalk dust. Pretty exciting stuff

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NKOTB Estee 01-29-08 1
   RE: NKOTB geg6 01-29-08 2
       RE: NKOTB Estee 01-29-08 3
           RE: NKOTB Snidget 01-29-08 4
               RE: NKOTB vince3 01-29-08 8
                   RE: NKOTB Snidget 01-29-08 11
                       RE: NKOTB Estee 01-29-08 12
                           RE: NKOTB mrc 01-29-08 13
                               RE: NKOTB Estee 01-29-08 14
                                   RE: NKOTB mrc 01-29-08 15
       RE: NKOTB vince3 01-29-08 10
   RE: NKOTB mrc 01-29-08 5
       RE: NKOTB Estee 01-29-08 6
 RE: NKOTB Cyndimaus 01-29-08 7
 *remembers my radio DJ days in coll... vince3 01-29-08 9
 RE: NKOTB J Slice 01-29-08 16
   RE: NKOTB Estee 01-29-08 18
       RE: NKOTB geg6 01-29-08 19
           RE: NKOTB Estee 01-29-08 20
               RE: NKOTB samboohoo 01-29-08 22
       RE: NKOTB Snidget 01-29-08 23
 RE: NKOTB qwertypie 01-29-08 17
 RE: NKOTB motormouth 01-29-08 21
   RE: NKOTB StarryLuna 01-29-08 24
       RE: NKOTB motormouth 01-29-08 25
   RE: NKOTB samboohoo 01-29-08 27
       RE: NKOTB motormouth 01-29-08 28
           RE: NKOTB mrc 01-29-08 30
               RE: NKOTB samboohoo 01-29-08 31
                   RE: NKOTB mrc 01-29-08 33
                       RE: NKOTB motormouth 01-29-08 36
   RE: NKOTB dragonflies 01-29-08 29
       RE: NKOTB motormouth 01-29-08 35
           RE: NKOTB Dizwiz 01-29-08 46
 Stuff You Never Wanted To Know, Par... Estee 01-29-08 26
   RE: Stuff You Never Wanted To Know,... geg6 01-29-08 32
       RE: Stuff You Never Wanted To Know,... Estee 01-29-08 34
           RE: Stuff You Never Wanted To Know,... greenmonstah 01-29-08 37
               RE: Stuff You Never Wanted To Know,... Estee 01-29-08 39
                   RE: Stuff You Never Wanted To Know,... greenmonstah 01-29-08 41
                       RE: Stuff You Never Wanted To Know,... Estee 01-29-08 42
 RE: NKOTB Tinkerbell 01-29-08 38
   RE: NKOTB syren 01-29-08 43
 RE: NKOTB syren 01-29-08 40
   RE: NKOTB Tinkerbell 01-29-08 45
 RE: NKOTB Scuba Steve 01-29-08 44
   RE: NKOTB mrc 01-30-08 47
       RE: NKOTB zombiebaby 01-30-08 48
           RE: NKOTB mrc 01-30-08 49
               RE: NKOTB zombiebaby 01-30-08 50
                   RE: NKOTB mrc 01-30-08 51
   RE: NKOTB geg6 01-30-08 52
       RE: NKOTB Estee 01-30-08 53

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NKOTB"
*considers*

Don't care.

Wait...

*considers very carefully*

Still don't care.

It's a VH1 series waiting to happen.

That's not a good thing.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NKOTB"
Was there some sort of a clamor for this that I missed? *scratches head*

They sucked mightily way back when. What makes anyone think they won't suck that much more now?

Ha! Too late! They already did them on VH1 on that Bands Reunited show or whatever it was called. They were not able to reunite them because one or two of them were sulking for some incoherent reason. I sooooooo happy I've always been such a rock and roll girl. I was too old for this bunch even then, but I'd kill myself if I had anything like this in my past. Let alone my future.

"With all the talk about how to stimulate it, you'd think that the economy is a giant clitoris." - Barbara Ehrenreich

01-29-08, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: NKOTB"
I missed that one. I only watch VH1 when insane people are involved. Sulky doesn't count.

I'm trying really, really hard to think of any NKOTB song I've heard on the radio lately.

Or not so so lately.

Or ever.

I don't seem to be doing very well...

They'll need a new name. How about We're Desperate For Money?

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: NKOTB"
I think this is a Weird Al parody of one of their songs.

http://www.tsrocks.com/w/weird_al_yankovic_texts/the_white_stuff.html

Warning: It plays a clip if you don't want to hear turn down your volume first.

Agman's like a brother, Your best friend forever, Making the sigs, the sigs that you like.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: NKOTB"
Yep, it's a parody on The Right Stuff

01-29-08, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: NKOTB"
There are several groups that I know of their existence because Weird Al did a parody of one of their songs.

Agman's like a brother, Your best friend forever, Making the sigs, the sigs that you like.

01-29-08, 01:28 PM (EST)
12. "RE: NKOTB"
Oddly enough, there's at least one group that wants to take Weird Al out of existence because he did a parody of one of their songs.

01-29-08, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: NKOTB"
Insane Clown Posse?

A Nefarious Dice Creation

01-29-08, 01:39 PM (EST)
14. "RE: NKOTB"
Coolio. He didn't take Amish Paradise very well.

01-29-08, 01:55 PM (EST)
15. "RE: NKOTB"
That was a funny one.

I wouldn't want to be on Cooloio's list. His hair is skeery.

01-29-08, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: NKOTB"
Didn't they also try to combine dregs from all of the boy bands (which may or may not have included NKOTB....) to form the Man Band? I forget how successful they were, so they probably didn't do much other than the RTV series........

01-29-08, 12:34 PM (EST)
5. "RE: NKOTB"
"ST, I'll be lovin' you for-eeevverrrr, Just as long as you want me to be-eeeee, I'll be lovin' you <insert falsetto> for-eeevverrrr <insert falsetto warble>"

01-29-08, 12:41 PM (EST)
6. "RE: NKOTB"
You're lying. I can tell when you're lying. Your head bounces when you lie.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-29-08, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: NKOTB"
Did someone say Monkees?

Hey, Hey! It's a Tribephyl creation!

01-29-08, 01:19 PM (EST)
9. "*remembers my radio DJ days in college*"
*starts playing NKOTB song*

*slides in sound effect cart*

*plays cart with nuclear bomb sound effect as I fade out the NKOTB song!*

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 01:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: NKOTB"
I was very young, I think in Kindergarten, when these guys became popular. They were HEAVILY marketed. I distinctly remember going to a bowling party for some friend's birthday, and watching her unwrap some 15 different NKOTB presents. I bought her a doll of Donnie. He was the one with the "Home Boy" shirt.

I'll still admit to kind of liking "Step by Step". It's unbearably catchy.

All Hail the Rickman!

01-29-08, 03:03 PM (EST)
18. "RE: NKOTB"
You made me briefly curious as to what kind of merchandise was out there, so I tried a quick Google and found this site.

http://www.angelfire.com/on/NKOTBStuff/

I wish I hadn't.

01-29-08, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: NKOTB"
*shudder*

No matter how much you tempt me, no freakin' way I'm opening that link.

"With all the talk about how to stimulate it, you'd think that the economy is a giant clitoris." - Barbara Ehrenreich

01-29-08, 03:12 PM (EST)
20. "RE: NKOTB"
Probably not a good idea to admit that I tempt you when Brave is about.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: NKOTB"
And here Bravie was just telling me how much she loved you.

Boo and Captain Chaos sitting in a tree . . .

01-29-08, 03:18 PM (EST)
23. "RE: NKOTB"
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Not so much the merchandise, but the lab next door decided that they didn't need to ventilate when they varnished the doors they are adding to a bookcase.

Between the fumes and the text over the busy busy pictures....

I don't feel well.

Explain to me, again, why people huff things like varnish fumes?

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: NKOTB"
How happy am I that I didn't even know what the acronymn was until I opened the thread.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-29-08, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: NKOTB"
OMG! I must confess, I knew what the acronym stood for, and I was a BIG fan of these guys. I remember telling my dad that they would be "bigger than The Beatles one day..." *giggle*

Hangin' Tough was a catchy song too, no? My crush was on Joey...he was closest to my age.

*dreamy sigh*
*ignores the disgusted looks*

I'm not saying I don't fully realize they sucked, btw.

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 03:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: NKOTB"
LOL I liked Joey best too because he was closest to my age. I was into these guys for like 3 months if I remember correctly. Funnily enough, I didn't own any of their albums, although I think my parents gave me a video. After I'd long moved on from them, my grandmother kept giving me NKOTB crap. I think because she'd find it on sale for like dirt cheap because everyone was over them. I had a nightshirt, keychains, water bottles, and other useless stuff.

Winterized by Nutzy.

01-29-08, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: NKOTB"
My parent's didn't allow me to have anything other than a cassette tape or two...no posters or merchandise. But my very kind neighbor felt bad for me so she recorded a concert from HBO and gave me a poster I hid under the bed, lol! Man, I had a hard time letting go of these guys.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Marky Mark helped me get over them, though.

01-29-08, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: NKOTB"
I thought he was trying to turn us on to some history/public radio station. I had no idea what the acronym stood for.

01-29-08, 03:52 PM (EST)
28. "RE: NKOTB"
Wait, are you bragging or confessing that?

Spring All season sig by Arkie!

01-29-08, 04:18 PM (EST)
30. "RE: NKOTB"
I think she just called me smaht, too smaht to have ever listened to NKOTB. Or sung along in front of my mirror with a brush in my hand. Cuz I was too old to listen to such drivel and find it oddly moving and romantic.

Yep, that's what Boo meant.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

01-29-08, 04:19 PM (EST)
31. "RE: NKOTB"
Gotta go with this answer.

01-29-08, 04:22 PM (EST)
33. "RE: NKOTB"
I knew you'd have my back.

(Wait, you do, right?)

01-29-08, 06:28 PM (EST)
36. "RE: NKOTB"
Even if she doesn't, don't worry, the image of you secretly loving being maturely indifferent to them is enough to make me *swoon* even more for you.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Not laughing at you...nope...not at all...*whistles*

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: NKOTB"
Did you wear big hair too?

My niece was totally into NKOTB. I remember she wore her bangs just about sticking straight up. My dad was over once, and asked if her hair was frozen that way. I remember ROFL while my niece walked off in a huff.

01-29-08, 06:24 PM (EST)
35. "RE: NKOTB"
Oh how I tried! But alas, it would not cooperate.
I envied the girls who could get it up about 10 inches off their head. They had to bring their Aqua Net to school with them, lol!

Flashy sig by RollDdice

Dizwiz 2699 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-29-08, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dizwiz Click to send private message to Dizwiz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: NKOTB"
I was a big hair girl. And FYI, the Aqua Net in the white can worked the best! There was also a pick involved. I wish I could post a picture...my hair was a sight to behold! It didn't even fit in the frame of my senior picture.

01-29-08, 03:48 PM (EST)
26. "Stuff You Never Wanted To Know, Part 23,842"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Kids_on_the_Block

Feel that commercial appeal.

01-29-08, 04:20 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Stuff You Never Wanted To Know, Part 23,842"
Nope. Not opening that one either.

OMH, those clothes! Were they transvestites?

01-29-08, 04:59 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Stuff You Never Wanted To Know, Part 23,842"
You're oddly paranoid today.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Stuff You Never Wanted To Know, Part 23,842"
Maybe it is because you have forgotten to lower the terror level from crocodile back down to chipmunk.

01-29-08, 06:41 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Stuff You Never Wanted To Know, Part 23,842"
Actually, the local terror level is currently at Johan.

This trade scares me.

greenmonstah 10761 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail greenmonstah Click to send private message to greenmonstah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Stuff You Never Wanted To Know, Part 23,842"
With the exception of Phil Humber do you really mind the other three leaving? Plus, from my local seat better NYMs than NYYs.

01-29-08, 06:55 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Stuff You Never Wanted To Know, Part 23,842"
In four words:

Frank 'Nervous Breakdown' Viola.

I have more words if you need them.

Historically, we do not have the best long-term luck in big trades with the Twins involving Cy Young winners and a lot of players sent back.

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-29-08, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: NKOTB"
Okay, I admit it. I loved New Kids on the Block (and they were never that "NKOTB" crap they tried to push on us once they got older!). I was going to marry Jon - who is now a real estate developer. Hmmmm...I'm single - wonder if he is??

But anyway...what could be a better gift for me as I am ready to enter my 30's than to have them comeback? I would SOOOOO got to a concert. *blush*

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: NKOTB"
We can go together.

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: NKOTB"
I liked them, and actually still do. I liked their Christmas album, especially 'This ones for the children'.

Good luck to them, they were thrust into something they were not ready for and ended up being the butt of jokes based on how and who they were marketed as.

What?

Tinkerbell 1587 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tinkerbell Click to send private message to Tinkerbell Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: NKOTB"
Totally downloaded "This One's For the Children" from iTunes for this past Christmas season. I had given away my Christmas tape (!) a few years ago.

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-08, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: NKOTB"
*groans*

Now if the Backstreet Boys come back...

01-30-08, 08:13 AM (EST)
47. "RE: NKOTB"
In a semi-inebriated state one day, a buddy of mine and I did a Backstreet routine, with flipping chairs and dance moves.

He was semi-inebriated; I was just "fun-loving."

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: NKOTB"
I see now why you wear that black handkercheif over your face.

01-30-08, 08:29 AM (EST)
49. "RE: NKOTB"
If I had a cool guitar, I would look like Prince with the mask, no?

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-08, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: NKOTB"
I'll let you know when I see you with the cut out yellow pants.

01-30-08, 08:42 AM (EST)
51. "RE: NKOTB"
Ick. Even *I* wouldn't want to see myself in those.

01-30-08, 08:57 AM (EST)
52. "RE: NKOTB"
They're BAAAAAAACK!

I'm wracking my brain, but I believe they recently released a new album.

*shudder*

I can't believe I knew that.

01-30-08, 09:02 AM (EST)
53. "RE: NKOTB"
Bye-bye-bye.

I'm so ashamed of you right now.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •