The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Rhonda trying to show up Inyala?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

camsmom 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-06-05, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail camsmom Click to send private message to camsmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Rhonda trying to show up Inyala?"
I've been watching this show since it first started, and Rhonda's personality has really changed. I think she's trying to show up Inyala. Inyala is the one with true wisdom and depth. Rhonda was always the nice and sensitive one. Latley, she's been spazzing out on the women, I think she feels like she has to be bold and bulnt to compete with Inyala. Is this a new tough love approach or has she lost it? Does anyone understand where Rhonda's coming from? Why do you think her approach has changed?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Rhonda trying to show up Iny... GetOverIt 11-06-05 1
   RE: Is Rhonda trying to show up Iny... CHRYSTALK 11-11-05 2
       RE: Is Rhonda trying to show up Iny... samanthapurkey 11-11-05 3
           RE: Is Rhonda trying to show up Iny... Snowflake1988 11-11-05 4
               RE: Is Rhonda trying to show up Iny... SeasonedRefinement 11-12-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GetOverIt 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-06-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GetOverIt Click to send private message to GetOverIt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Rhonda trying to show up Inyala?"
Rhonda has changed! The first season I think Rhonda was totally herself, and a very good life coach who worked well with the women and didn't have to bully anyone....at that time Rana was also a LC and she was SO awesome...calm, cool and collected, the show was top notch. AND the womens goals were all different, some kinda fun in fact, not all heavy and life threatening like the past two seasons.

Then season two IV comes in and rules the roost. It seemed at first RH and IV didn't even get along that well because IV was trying be 'Head Life Coach' when that was kinda RHs role on season 1....she seemed to be stepping on RHs toes.

But, like any good LC would, RH had to find a way to get along with IV and she really bought into IVs 'TOUGH LOVE' way of doing things, and since then RH has gotten more and more mean and sarcastic....and lost her gentle touch.

I think IV is very controlling, has taken over the show, is probably pretty hard to work with behind the scenes....and RH has been infected by her!

Just MHO

CHRYSTALK 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-11-05, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CHRYSTALK Click to send private message to CHRYSTALK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Rhonda trying to show up Inyala?"
she used to be so nice and smile all the time. i thought she was so loving. but this season she is mean and she makes mean faces and yells alot.the women are scared of their coaches this year is that how it is supposed to be?????

samanthapurkey 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-11-05, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samanthapurkey Click to send private message to samanthapurkey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is Rhonda trying to show up Inyala?"
I agree, I think that Rhonda in some way, shape or form is trying to scare the HG's. All I can say is that it would do me no good to be in the SO House because when someone tries to "scare" me it gets the wrong reaction. Instead of calming down and saying okay I'll do whatever you want I tend to jump back and from there it just comes down to whose going to win. I don't understand what Rhonda is trying to do with Lisa if you want someone to come out of their shell and actually attempt to be successful in life you sure in the h*** do not scare them. I think that a big DUH needs to be shouted out. And what's up with the face making? Does anyone know??

Snowflake1988 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-11-05, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snowflake1988 Click to send private message to Snowflake1988 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is Rhonda trying to show up Inyala?"
It truly saddens me to say that I believe that Rhonda has just become so full her herself that she has lost all touch with reality. It seems like SO has taken a back seat to the new book Rhonda will be promoting (and already is), and the so-called marathon she will be running in the Spring. One person can only do so much, and with her involvement in her own business venture (Fearless Living Institute), she can't have much time left to really devote to anyone but herself.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-12-05, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is Rhonda trying to show up Inyala?"
The bottom line with SO is the same as any other television show... SUCCESS! The bottom line with Iyanla Van Zandt and Rhonda Britton is similar...growing careers, growing noteriety, and growing bank accounts. Winning an Emmy put SO on a new plane. Everyone connected with the show feels like they had something to do with that success - especially the two constant cast members, Rhonda and Iyanla.

Celebrity has a way of changing even the most genuine person.

Last season, I thought Iyanla was so maternal and loving that some of the needier women could have become TOO attached to her. This year, she seems "off"...almost as if there is a barrier around her. Her weird assignments (almost designed to be confusing), more ethereal counsel ("speak to the universe"), and an almost offensive aggression towards the women in their day to day sessions may be signals that, for Iyanla, SO has run its course. I think she may even be tiring of Allison, an obvious favorite.

When she is at her best, I love her.

Rhonda doesn't have a personality that is anywhere near as BIG as Iyanla's. Actually, I was glad that she was as strong with Lisa as she was. Although a lot of people think Rhonda was power drunk, I think she spoke to Lisa as if she was a child, which, after all, is what Lisa is. It was probably the most effective way to get her message across. In the long run, however, it probably won't make much of a difference. Lisa is going nowhere fast. She needs REAL therapy - intensive therapy.

I suspect we'll meet some new life coaches in the seasons to come.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •