The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Supernova Love List Week 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Current Message

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-12-06, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Supernova Love List Week 2"
My Windy Thoughts:

Magni – My Generation/The Who: Miles better than Satisfaction last week, but he’s really a snooze. Haven’t seen anything special yet.

Jenny Gault – Tainted Love/Soft Cell: As I thought last week, chick should sing folk – and I’m not sure she even has the chops for that. Her voice is pleasant, but tiny and really tight – and she is making it tiny. It’s like she actively chooses NOT to breathe. If she learns how to breathe, her power will go way up. Plus, with the so-weird-it’s-funny breathing, her endurance must be crap. LOVE Dave’s sandwich comment – wonder if she knows it wasn’t a compliment.

Jill Gioia – Violet/Hole: What a fraud. Last week she did a full-on rip-off of Janis, now she comes out even dressed like Ms. Love? And when they called her on it, she copped an attitude & claimed she didn’t know what Courtney did? BS. And then, while standing with Brooke, she had zero personality – she looked like a wax dummy. She’s the Rebecca Corry of Rock Star.

Zayra Alvarez – You Really Got Me/The Kinks: Aiyaiyai. Someone get this woman a tissue, she obviously has a stuffy nose. What’s with the weird arm movements? She is ALL kinda suck. Were the other singers laughing at her? And that horrible attitude. This chick is toast. I love that Tommy just shut her down “ok, thank you…”

Chris Pierson – Take Me Out/Franz Ferdinand: Sounded OK, not a whole lot of stage presence. Eh. Doesn’t suck, but eh.

Dilana – Ring of Fire/Johnny Cash: She is just incredible. I love her. Mesmerizing. She looked amazing, love the dress (ok, Hannibal Lector just visited my brain). One worry – it sounded too low for her, did they have to do that so she could hit the top notes? A warning of a small range? Hope not.

Josh Logan – With Arms Wide Open/Creed: I really like Josh, but I agree with the guys that he needs to be careful with the pop-ish runs & embellishments. Bravo for staying away from the Scott Stapp “baritone Kermit” sound. Not sure Josh is hard enough for these guys.

Phil Ritchie – If You Could Only See/Tonic: I like Phil’s voice, but his diction’s a bit mushy, as is his movement. I get it, and I kinda like it, but as Jason said, he needs to show that he can move with conviction too.

Storm Large – Surrender/Cheap Trick: She’s Dilana-lite. But since we have Dilana…why do we need her? Nothing special. Something I noticed last week more than this week – her screams/wails, etc. are of the “bad” variety…throat shredding. Following that, she sang rather straight this week. Eh.

Patrice Pike – Heart Shaped Box/Nirvana: Lordy I hate this song. As for Patrice…she’s OK. Really bad start, but mostly she’s just a snooze.

Lukas Rossi – Don’t Panic/Coldplay: Nope, still don’t like him. Hey – just because it’s rock doesn’t mean you can’t enunciate. Couldn’t understand a word of it. And this...this dude is a lizard. And I don’t mean in a cool, Morrison, “Lizard King” way. He’s just icky. I can’t get over his enormous, overly-mobile, funny-shaped eyebrows. And it doesn’t help that he accentuates those eyebrows by shaving that stupid line and wearing too much (red!) eye shadow. Sorry Glowie, he’s just gross – and not a good enough singer to make me not care that he’s gross.

Ryan Star – Jumpin Jack Flash/Rolling Stones: Yay! He didn’t sound or move like Jagger! Good for him! Tommy, if he had moved like Jagger as you suggest, you would have slapped him for trying to imitate Jagger. I like Ryan, but thought he was better last week.

Dana Andrews – Born to Be Wild/Steppenwolf: You’re kidding, right? *sigh* Oh Dana, go home sweetie. Totally unbelievable. Oops – she stopped performing before the end of the song (the song isn’t over just because you’re done singing, honey). Dana Andrews – the secret truth behind why Kat McPhee isn’t doing the AI tour.

Toby Rand – Somebody Told Me/Killers – OK, final 2, Dilana & Toby. Love this guy. Good range, lots of presence – and he feels real. He’s just a guy who goes out on stage & kicks arzt. No drama, no hype, no "costume," no “persona.” Love it.

My categories:

You Are A Rock Goddess: Dilana

I Like You As Much As I Like Dilana: Toby

I Like You Guys Too, Just Not As Much: Josh, Ryan

You Bore Me, So Step It Up: Phil, Patrice, Storm, Magni

You Have Enormous Attitude, Now Is The Time To Back It Up: Lukas, Chris, Jill

You Suck, And Need To Go Home Really, Really Soon: Jenny, Dana

You Suck AND You Have A Bad Attitude AND You’re Clueless: go home Zayra

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Supernova Love List Week 2   Glow     07-11-06       
   RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   dreamerbeliever     07-12-06     1  
     RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   Glow     07-12-06     2  
     RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   tribephyl     07-12-06     3  
         RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   dreamerbeliever     07-12-06     28  
   RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   Breezy     07-12-06     4  
     *nods*   zombiebaby     07-12-06     8  
         RE: *nods*   Breezy     07-12-06     9  
             RE: *nods*   Glow     07-12-06     14  
                 RE: *nods*   Breezy     07-12-06     15  
                     RE: *nods*   tamarama     07-12-06     17  
                         RE: *nods*   nailbone     07-12-06     19  
                         RE: *nods*   thndrkttn     07-12-06     29  
                             RE: *nods*   geg6     07-12-06     30  
                                 RE: *nods*   Glow     07-12-06     31  
                                 RE: *nods*   CattyChat     07-12-06     39  
                             LMAO   Breezy     07-12-06     33  
                     mmmm   Glow     07-12-06     25  
                         RE: mmmm   nailbone     07-12-06     34  
                             RE: mmmm   tamarama     07-12-06     35  
   RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   cheesybread     07-12-06     5  
     RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   SilverStar     07-12-06     21  
         RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   brvnkrz     07-12-06     23  
     RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   nharfan     07-12-06     47  
         RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   Glow     07-12-06     48  
   RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   arkiegrl     07-12-06     6  
   RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   brvnkrz     07-12-06     7  
     RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   Breezy     07-12-06     10  
         RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   brvnkrz     07-12-06     11  
     RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   Wacko Jacko     07-12-06     13  
     RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   toddE     07-12-06     20  
         RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   brvnkrz     07-12-06     22  
   RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   xwraith27     07-12-06     12  
   RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   tamarama     07-12-06     16  
     RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   LittleFox     07-12-06     18  
   RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   nailbone     07-12-06     24  
   RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   djandy     07-12-06     26  
   RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   geg6     07-12-06     27  
     RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   tamarama     07-12-06     36  
   RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   Loree     07-12-06     32  
   RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   DebCapsFan     07-12-06     37  
   RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   CattyChat     07-12-06     38  
     RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   rmac1027     07-12-06     41  
   Hole CD pic   Tahj     07-12-06     40  
     RE: Hole CD pic   rmac1027     07-12-06     42  
         RE: Hole CD pic   Tahj     07-12-06     43  
             RE: Hole CD pic   ginger     07-12-06     44  
                 RE: Hole CD pic   Tahj     07-12-06     45  
                 RE: Hole CD pic   brvnkrz     07-12-06     46  
                     RE: Hole CD pic   ginger     07-18-06     50  
   RE: Supernova Love List Week 2   Magnolia_Rocker     07-13-06     49  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •