The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Screamin' for Ian"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Risti 190 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-26-05, 06:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Screamin' for Ian"
What can I say. Even when presented with buff jocks as the alternative, I always seem to gravitate towards the skinny, geeky guy with glasses. Not to mention my own history of summer camp and crushing on the guys who fit into that environment.

Since I seem to just wander around the Spoiler forum trying to interject reasoning for why Ian might be sticking around while trying to hold back 'because he's just so adorable and perfect', I decided I might as well start this thread. I don't think I'm the only Ian fan out there...

~Risti, who is just waiting for those cute glasses to make another appearance.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Screamin' for Ian tribephyl 02-26-05 1
   RE: Screamin' for Ian Survivorerist 02-26-05 3
       RE: Screamin' for Ian tribephyl 02-27-05 6
           RE: Screamin' for Ian tvgeek401 03-05-05 11
           Ian is adorable! echogirl 03-06-05 13
 RE: Screamin' for Ian Angelfood 02-26-05 2
 RE: Screamin' for Ian tvgeek401 02-26-05 4
   RE: Screamin' for Ian pmspml5 02-27-05 5
 RE: Screamin' for Ian Canada Girl 03-04-05 7
   RE: Screamin' for Ian PepeLePew13 03-04-05 8
 RE: Screamin' for Ian Risti 03-05-05 9
 Me too! Coconut 03-05-05 10
 Pheromones? LookeeLoo 03-06-05 12
   RE: Pheromones? tvgeek401 03-07-05 14
       RE: Pheromones? LookeeLoo 03-07-05 17
           RE: Pheromones? tvgeek401 03-11-05 21
 RE: Screamin' for Ian JohnMc 03-07-05 15
   RE: Screamin' for Ian KObrien_fan 03-07-05 16
   RE: Screamin' for Ian momotoo 03-08-05 18
       RE: Screamin' for Ian misngoodrock 03-08-05 19
           RE: Screamin' for Ian bostonrobfan 03-11-05 25
 RE: Screamin' for Ian watermelon 03-10-05 20
 RE: Screamin' for Ian geg6 03-11-05 22
   RE: Screamin' for Ian watermelon 03-11-05 23
   RE: Screamin' for Ian Risti 03-11-05 24
 RE: Screamin' for Ian Risti 03-17-05 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-05, 07:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
I feel very sorry for you.

He may win this whole thing, but what does a skinny, geeky, squeaky, chip-salesman really have to offer a great woman like you?

I must inform you that this obsession is wholely unhealthy.

Why not just put glasses on Jeff or Gregg. At least when the lights go out(and the glasses come off), you won't be trying to chew your own arm off.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-26-05, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
Don't listen to phyl, risti. Ian is quite alright.

P.S. You're still really awesome, phyl, even if you don't advocate obsessing over survivors

New year, new look, new Erist!

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-05, 04:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
Oh, I obsess over survivors, believe me!
Life size poster of Colby. Silas bedsheets. Burton toiletseat cover. Brady decoder ring. Jeff underwear.

However, Ian is just not one of them.

Sn'DCS©MMIV
I am trying to sell my Ian used-tic-tac holder?
Anyone interested?

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-05-05, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
Oh, used tic-tac holder? I'm in for fifty.

I saw on Antiques Roadshow that the new Ian tic-tac holders will go for as much as five hundred, but since its used, only fifty.

Unless, of course, they were orange tic-tacs, because I love those almost as much as I love Ian, so I'll give ya a hundred. Otherwise, no deal.

Handcrafted by RollDdice ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-06-05, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Ian is adorable!"
I think Ian is adorable. I'll admit I'm all over the map when it comes to men, but Ian has a lot going for him other than his geekish good looks. He exudes a certain innocence that I find quite attractive. And he can also hang with the manly men, doing manly men things, without all of the egotistical tappings most manly men have. Ian is definitely by Survivor crush this season. Bobby Jon and Gregg to a lesser extent.

Colby, Silas, Burton, Brady & Jeff? Is that the best you can do? Okay I'll admit I would sleep on Silas beedsheets as he was my first Survivor crush, but the others never did anything for me, especially Burton and Jeff. I didn't find Jeff to be the least bit attractive...and that's before he opened his mouth!

Echogirl's Survivor Crushes

S1: Greg. Not a great season for attractive men, but he was quirky enough that I found him somewhat attractive.

S2: Jeff Varner. I like men that make me laugh. He didn't have Colby's body, but personality wins points with this girl. Nick would be a close second based on looks alone.

S3: Silas. Okay he had absolutely nothing going on upstairs, but he was soooo pretty. Runnerup would be Ethan.

S4: Sean R. Okay his orange shorts were a mess, but he had a certain charisma that really turned me on. Plus he cleaned up very well at the Reunion Show. Yum! Runnerup would be Gabe. Delicious body and I loved his teddy bear. Sensitive guys are sexy. Okay he was there for the adventure and not the game. Like I care!

S5: None. Okay Jed was pretty, but had no personality.

S6: None. Matt was a bit too psycho.

S7: Ryan O. He had a goofy charm that I found attractive.

S9: Ami. Okay she wasn't a guy but I'm pretty open-minded

Angelfood 2114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-26-05, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelfood Click to send private message to Angelfood Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
I'm liking him ok so far. Loved his determination on the RC. His confessionals are ok too. But I have to hold off judgment until I see his social skills. However, he IS a dolphin trainer, so he can't be that bad, right?

I just hope that he doesn't lose too much weight. I find skinny to be icky, even on the women. Survivor rib-showings - *shudder*.

He has potential. At least he wasn't dumb enough to align himself with Wanda. We don't need another RyanS.

02-26-05, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
I totally agree. I love the awkward nerdy guys with glasses.

Hopefully he stays around for awhile so I can continue to ogle admire him for longer.

Handcrafted by RollDdice ignore this space. ignore, ignore, ignore this spaceIcecat is da bomb!

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-27-05, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmspml5 Click to send private message to pmspml5 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
He is one of my all time favs

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-04-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Canada%20Girl Click to send private message to Canada%20Girl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
He just gets better and better, doesn't he?

Great in challenges, smart, tough, supportive. Loved him going after the snakes, chopping their heads off, then going after the sharks with Tom!

Go IAN!

Disco ball in the oven

PepeLePew13 26135 desperate attention whore postings

03-04-05, 10:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
Not to mention tirelessly going around and around in the IC without ever appearing to be winded, along with Tom and Gregg -- Ian even made the big push at the end to lunge forward to catch Ulong.

Scratch and sniff

03-05-05, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Risti Click to send private message to Risti Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
"Hey little buddy..."

*WHACK*

'nuff said.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-05, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Me too!"
This love thread is long overdue. I think Ian is wonderful (but then, I had a crush on Ryan S, too, so you see where my tastes lie. Oh, wait. I had a crush on Chris as well. I have no taste).

The buff jocks do nothing for me; Ethan, pre-Jenna M. and with his mouth taped shut, was the notable exception. Ian is funny and goofy and does not seem overly concerned with his image. This may hurt him in the game, but it certainly does make me want to see him get as much face time as possible.

"These are not wholesome young role models. These are hideously emaciated trollops with good genes." --TeamJoisey

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-06-05, 00:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Pheromones?"
I'm with you, Risti. Yes, there's a lot of eye candyout there, but Ian is sexy IMHO. He emits strength, capability, savvy, protection, youth, adaptability, I could go on...

LookeeLoo

Another Dicey Original 2004

03-07-05, 01:33 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Pheromones?"
FTR, 'adaptability' looks a heck of a lot like 'adoptability'. Made me wonder what LookeeLoo likes to do with children.
A little Michael Jackson syndrome going on, perhaps?

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-07-05, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Pheromones?"
ppppffffttt! What is on your mind tv! Are you saying Ian is too young for me? Are you calling me old?

LookeeLoo

Another Dicey Original 2004

03-11-05, 00:53 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Pheromones?"
No, no. I would never say that you're old.
Perhaps a little kinky, but not old.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-07-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
I'll go on record as being an Ian fan. But what I don't understand is this:

When he arrived on the island and got the first immunity necklace, he didn't wear glasses. Plus in all the publicity photos he is sans glasses. Now he is wearing glasses the whole time. Did he lose a contact after that first boat swim? Or does he just wear his glasses out of water? What is up with that?

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-05, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
I can't speak for Ian, but I know KO and others had a hard time with contacts out there because of the unclean conditions. Everything gets sandy, and with no mirror and no cleaning stuff it is really hard to keep using contacts. Since being on All Stars Kathy has had Lasix surgery and wishes she had it done prior to Survivor.

momotoo 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-08-05, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail momotoo Click to send private message to momotoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
I'm an Ian fan too ! I think he's really cute and he's probably a great guy in real life. Knowing a couple of dolphin trainers myself, I find these people to be really loving and gentle people, due to the nature of their job I guess. You must love dolphins in the first place, which may also mean you love animals in general. Then a love for nature (being in the water/sea) and probably having lots of patience too. To me, these are all plus-es in a human being.

Ian may not be that shortsighted, so he probably could still see without the glasses during challenges and in the waters (I know lots of people who wear their glasses only when necessary). About the contact lenses...is it considered a luxury item if one should bring those daily-wear contacts (I use those and I'll just throw each pair away at the end of the day) ? It definitely makes more sense to bring those than the ones where you have to clean and store.

misngoodrock 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-08-05, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail misngoodrock Click to send private message to misngoodrock Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
I think he is just a doll. Definitely on my top two faves this year. Gotta admit I really like Tom as well. Love that they are on the same team (for now). I think they are great together....tough, strong, good people.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-11-05, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
Yeah, next to Tom, Ian is my favorite this time.

watermelon 184 desperate attention whore postings

03-10-05, 04:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail watermelon Click to send private message to watermelon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
Hi,

I've been lurking on the TAR and Survivor messageboards for a while, but never really found something I felt strongly enough about to leave a post... until I came across this thread and just HAD to get my 2 cents worth in because I TOTALLY AGREE - Ian is cute, sweet, charming, totally athletic despite his frame... he's definitely the most crush-worthy survivor ever! Like some of the other posters out there, I've always preferred the slightly skinny, slightly geeky guys, who have no idea how gorgeous they are. The stereotypical pin up guys who know they're hot and exude an arrogant air are such a turn off! My other crushes from previous Survivor seasons have included
- Ethan -> ok, maybe he knows he's cute, but he's not a beefcake either
- skinny Ryan
- Hunter -> alright, he was a bit of a beefcake, but he was one nice guy and very resourceful

Anyway, just wanted you all to know that I am another one of doubtless countless other Ian fans out there, and I would like to see him win this thing! If anybody knows of good Ian fansites let me know!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
Well, since there is all this Ian love out there, I can give you some details to let you know that this is a guy worth crushing on.

He grew up in a rural area of Beaver County, PA called Economy Borough. His father owns a local construction company.

He was homecoming king at his private high school here, Quigley Catholic High School. So he's a nice Catholic boy.

He graduated from Penn State in May with a degree in animal biosciences.

While at Penn State, he was president of the Student Government Association.

Also while at Penn State, he was once again homecoming king.

He was active in theater while in high school and college.

He was #1 in his age group in the annual Beaver County Snow Shovel Riding Contest in January 2005.

It's high school play season here and Ian has been to all of the local ones recently. A co-worker and I went to one a week ago and Ian was there. He was very gracious and we now have pictures of him.

And for the those curious about the glasses, in all of his public sightings here in Beaver County he is wearing the glasses.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

watermelon 184 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-05, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail watermelon Click to send private message to watermelon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
*sigh* WHAT a guy! I noticed the cross around his neck while watching episode 4 tonight and thought that was another plus for him coz I'm a good little Christian girl myself Pity he's all the way over there and I'm all the way over here in Australia, so no chance of bumping into him at a high school play...

03-11-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
He was #1 in his age group in the annual Beaver County Snow Shovel Riding Contest in January 2005.

HEE!!!

Ok... yeah... All this based on everything else I already knew... He would so be a guy I'd crush on in RL if I knew him...

03-17-05, 02:09 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Screamin' for Ian"
He sang!! Might not be quite ready for AI auditions, but he was definately on key. That boy has some sort of musical background. Oh, he just keeps getting closer and closer to my ideal guy...

Also, his hair is getting nice and long and shaggy... I do like, although I do wish there wasn't facial hair coming with it...

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •