The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tribe Locations: Water vs Shelter and Food +Who John Likes in His Tribe."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Seyz 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-22-02, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seyz Click to send private message to Seyz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tribe Locations: Water vs Shelter and Food +Who John Likes in His Tribe."
Tribe locations seem to be a big factor in S5, being as each tribe location has its disadvantages and advantages.Who do you guys think have the better location?

The Sook Jai tribe has water.. which is a definite plus, but they have no shelter, and it also seems that they may not have as much food as the Chuay Gahn tribe. This could hurt them in all their challenges. I remember in one of the interviews Jeff Probst said that this time round, it often rained at night and many people didn't get a good night's sleep as a consequence. This sounds like it could be the Sook Jai tribe, the tribe without shelter. How would this affect their performace in the challenges? They'll be well hydrated, but not well rested and perhaps not well fed, so it's hard to tell.

The Chuay Gahn tribe, on the other hand, has shelter, and food, but they don't have water!!! They previews show Jan and Helen having a hard time getting to the water hole. If they have to this daily just to get water, think of the toll it could take on the Chuay Gahn tribe. Tanya's already dehydrated, so obviously water is a big factor for this tribe. This coul weigh them down in challenges, but it's too early to tell.

I just think this is important, because I think it plays a part in how they do in the challenges. I think the Sook Jai tribe did so badly because they probably weren't well rested, not having good shelter, and as penny said, they haven't really eaten. Just something to think about.

On a different note, John said the people he related to most on his realitytv.com interview at http://www.realitytvfans.com/newspub/story.cfm?ID=5420
was tanya and Helen, and would have placed both on his team if he could pick teams.

4. Who did you relate to the best on your team? Did you clash heads with anyone?

During those three days, I was really impressed by Tanya's personality and Helen's togetherness but then everyone had their good points and I really didn't have any occasion to clash with anyone.

7. Did you feel that Jan did a good job of picking your team? Who would you have picked had you been asked to choose teams?

I think Jan did a fine job. Given the chance to choose my tribe mates on first impression alone (which is totally unfair), I would have chosen Jake, Jed, Brian, Stephanie, Tanya, Helen and Penny.

This could mean nothing, or it could mean that Tanya and Helen are on their way to Loser lodge and both have a chance to mingle well with John. If that's the case, it could also mean that Ghandia, Shi-ann, Robb and Clay all make it into the merge as opposed to not making it to the merge ala the Smoking buddies speculation. Just more theories to think about.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tribe Locations: Water vs Shelt... ejm92 09-22-02 1
 RE: Tribe Locations: Water vs Shelt... ShowMeTheWinner 09-22-02 2
   RE: Tribe Locations: Water vs Shelt... hearkittykitty 09-22-02 3
   RE: Tribe Locations: Water vs Shelt... Kokoro 09-22-02 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-22-02, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tribe Locations: Water vs Shelter and Food +Who John Likes in His Tribe."
Hmm....interesting insight....when he said Tanya, it immediately clicked to me that maybe they had a Christian bond, because Tanya spoke in her bio interview about going to church a lot as a kid, and she seems like a religious person. I got a Frank-Teresa vibe with John and Helen, I think they just ended up as the 40-something worker bees on the tribe, and ended up hanging out together. But, as we know from past experience, the bootee interviews to help a lot in spoiling.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-22-02, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tribe Locations: Water vs Shelter and Food +Who John Likes in His Tribe."
From what I saw in Episode 1, I thought John truely bonded best with Helen and I think he would say that even if he didn't manage to spend anytime with her at Loser Lodge. Considering Helen's personality and military background, I don't think she would mind John's bosiness at all and probably thought nothing of it.

I personally think that Chuay Gahn got the better campsite. They have a huge cave and it's definitely great to have shelter during the monsoon season. Food is also much easier to find at Chuay Gahn. The water issue wouldn't be a big deal if they had retrieved the water when it is low-tide. I think someone in the tribe said while they were retrieving the water, "at that time, the water had come in and some of us had to swim to get to the water source".

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)

hearkittykitty 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-22-02, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hearkittykitty Click to send private message to hearkittykitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tribe Locations: Water vs Shelter and Food Who John Likes in His Tribe."
Where Chuay Ghan is not using their noggin (yet) is in regards to this water issue.

Rainwater is pure H2O. If it rains every day or night - they could fill up their jugs and pot with rain water and save themselves the trip.

From http://www.twdb.state.tx.us/assistance/conservation/Rain.htm
"With the advent of large, reliable community treatment and distribution systems and more affordable well drilling equipment, rain harvesting systems have been all but forgotten, even though they offer a source of pure, soft, low sodium water."

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-22-02, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tribe Locations: Water vs Shelter and Food +Who John Likes in His Tribe."
I also think Red has a better campsite - Purple got screwed, but I guess that's just luck of the draw. And I don't forsee it being difficult at all going to get the water, especially after the tide has come in, because then they'd just use the boat. As Helen said in the episode, there really was no reason for everyone to come swimming after them like idiots - Tanya, Helen and John could've gotten the water themselves. The others just wanted to see where it was.

* Purple has water that is somewhat close to their campsite.

* Red has an amazing, prebuilt shelter.
* Red has enough food to feed an army.
* Red has a "takes-a-bit-longer-but-just-as-easy-to-get-to" watering hole.

But as Jerri said, nothing in the game is fair.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •